Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

VideoGames posted:

What's Quake 4?

EDIT: I only ever played Quake 1 with a keyboard. This was back in my Doom and Wolf3D days. Quake 2 was my first mouse FPS. This might have affected how I felt about the evolution, but the changes definitely felt as though they contributed to the growth of the genre.

I remember when I thought I was hot poo poo with a keyboard on Doom because I could kick my friends' asses. Then I logged onto DWANGO for the first time, where people used a mouse to play.

I lost my first game something like 98-2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CJacobs posted:

I can't believe you would say something like that

I'm the games chat thread heel

Video games are bad, much like you're posting :twisted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Video games... much like

:yeah:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Headlander worth £6, Y/N?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih_lEX3jFW0&t=28s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is that show good?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It's kind of fun in a cutesy way but the praise it gets is way overblown and the fans are terrible.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is that show good?

I think it's a pretty good kids show. A lot of episodes are like, set up an interpersonal conflict between characters and then resolve it in a healthy way, and it covers a much wider variety of stuff a lot better than I remember any kids cartoon covering when I was a kid. It gets a bit lore-y now it's been running for a few seasons, but there's a lot of fun episodes in there.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

paper mario's back baby

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Wtf is this poo poo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It's kind of fun in a cutesy way but the praise it gets is way overblown and the fans are terrible.

So are fans of anything

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

So are fans of anything

:agreed:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Grapplejack posted:

Quake Champions. It's... It might be good you guys...

Oh! I hope it is good, even if it's not my kind of game. :D

I was all worried when the "Quake's back!" announcement dropped with some kind of Overwatch-style heroes-first "are they making a moba" stuff, as that's...not what Quake is. So if it's good, great!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm pretty wary of making quake a class-based shooter. But I don't really play those kinds of games anymore, so it doesn't really matter to me. I won't play quake on a console, and I don't play pc twitch shooters. I'm done with that part of my life.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

I don't play pc twitch shooters. I'm done with that part of my life.

That's very dramatic

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I failed out of college because of Counter-Strike: Source.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Do you really think you would actually do the work if you didn't play counter strike?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

inferis posted:

Do you really think you would actually do the work if you didn't play counter strike?

So far, so good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Correlation is not causation, my friend

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, I'm an addict. I can get addicted to anything. But multiplayer twitch shooters take over my entire life. They coopt my entire brain reward system. With single player games, casual games, alcohol, drugs, tv shows, i can juggles those with the rest of my life.

But multiplayer twitch shooters on PC I can't do at the same time as being a functioning adult.

Like, this week I drank 15 liters of box wine and played about 60 hours of Horizon Zero Dawn, but I also aced a midterm and did a bunch of homework.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Snak posted:

I mean, I'm an addict. I can get addicted to anything. But multiplayer twitch shooters take over my entire life. They coopt my entire brain reward system. With single player games, casual games, alcohol, drugs, tv shows, i can juggles those with the rest of my life.

But multiplayer twitch shooters on PC I can't do at the same time as being a functioning adult.

Like, this week I drank 15 liters of box wine and played about 60 hours of Horizon Zero Dawn, but I also aced a midterm and did a bunch of homework.

It's good to know what one's own hangups are and how to control them. I also have that addict's personality and I have to be careful with my own indulges.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah like, I had to take a break from overwatch. By virtual of playing it on ps4, and being class-based, it wasn't really the crack that Quake 3, CS:S and UT2k4 were for me, but I could feel it starting to takeover.

And it's not just that I play them constantly, my mindset changes when I play those games. I become really serious and competitive and lose perspective about things and I don't like how it feels to be thinking that way all the time. It coopts my ability to set goals and prioritize life choices by moving them all inside the game. I set gameplay goals rather than life goals.

Basically, I'm real dumb. But I'm working with what I got.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

That's very dramatic

It's more about accepting it. I too am done with the part of my life where I play PC twitch shooters. Rocket Arena 3 was good, but it is over and it is time to move on

To casual gaming! I just beat MGS TPP, or so I thought, until the credits ended and "Chapter 2" popped up. Cripes. I thought I was just bad enough at base management that i wasn't doing well enough to unlock the top-tier equipment.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Plus I don't have a gaming PC and my next computer is almost certainly going to be a mac.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Adult Swim is streaming a free Samurai Jack marathon leading up to and including the premiere of the new season. :cheers:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Snak posted:

I'm done with that part of my life.

You've grown lame, old man. :smug:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I saw an ad for this last night at a friend's place, new Samurai Jack looks doooope

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuM4Va-6Z1I

I, uh, had no idea that WiiU emulation was already so advanced.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuM4Va-6Z1I

I, uh, had no idea that WiiU emulation was already so advanced.

They've been working on it a lot lately, but the sound for Botw is entirely borked still so its not exactly perfect.

Also link sinks into the ground and there's no water. Fish spawn on dry land and there's just massive valleys where there should be lakes. Its kinda broken.

Switch is out now though so WiiU is a generation old and about time that emulation starts to get decent. Wii emulation has been impressive for awhile now, and WiiU isn't the most complex hardware.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 12, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Snak posted:

Basically, I'm real dumb. But I'm working with what I got.

Congratulations on figuring out what was going on with you and managing it so you can still ace the class stuff!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

*suddenly bursts into room*
VIDEO GAMES ARE FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOD

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

*suddenly bursts into room*
VIDEO GAMES ARE FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOD

I agree, the moderation on this forum is top-notch

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Tonight, I will drink and smoke weed and play Yakuza 0. Need to take a break from Horizon, because I want to savor that game as long as possible.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think I am going to finish RE7 tonight, which presents a problem because Nier probably won't arrive until Wednesday.

I had to make a big choice, which seemed like a no-brainer to me, and I feel confident about it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
New Samurai Jack made me remember that they made a PS2 game for it and some designs are best kept in two dimensions.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guy Mann posted:

New Samurai Jack made me remember that they made a PS2 game for it and some designs are best kept in two dimensions.

Today's cel shading and similar techs could totally make that work in 3D.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Get Arc System Works to make it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lurdiak posted:

I mean, it was probably just an error on the devs' part because Wild Arms 3 was already cel-shaded, and pretty expertly.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also did you guys know they made a 3D Metal Slug? It's not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
At least they looked better in that fighting game some years later.

And apparently according to....Smash Boards...Aku is like, Top Tier for whatever that's worth.

Alongside the Power Puff Girls. I guess they would be pretty OP.

• Locked thread