Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

XavierGenisi posted:

What's the best way to get horizontal distance? I'm seeing at least two instances where there's chests on some sort of out of reach platform, and I can't seem to get enough distance to get over there from the closest ledges.

There are some +evade distance chips which extend the length of your dash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

verbal enema posted:

I forgot about those and now I recall why I thought 9S didn't jump as far during quests. I initially thought it was because he was shorter :v:

Final ranking: A2> B2> 9S

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ok I gotta get through route b before I hangout here I Can't Stop Clicking Black Bars

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

dasmause posted:

It's just the stuff you had at the end of tutorial, including that greatsword. You can do it later probably but why wait

Will go hit it up then, thanks. Was concerned there might have been some kind of robot with huge numbers that would smash me into the floor lurking around there.

Anyway, I guess I should now leave the thread until I've at least done one ending,

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

verbal enema posted:

Might be I'm wrong, but I kind of feel like they're not that effective in the air.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

About Route C Where did the Logic Virus come from again? Not sure if they explained it in the story or I was just too tired to recall. I just rmb everyone connected to the network were infected except for 2A.

Also what's up with the factory priests and believers all jumping into the lava? Did they stop finding meaning in life w/o their King?

What was the point of the machine's most precious thing? If Adam didn't want to die clearly he shouldn't have attacked 2B. Also why where the machines still RP as brothers even after I killed Adam and Eve?

There's so many parts I just don't understand :v:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
One of my favorite Trolled By Cavia moments was (route C spoiler) You get to Pascal's Village as A2, get your thing, and have three quests unlock at once. Oh let me do this simple fetch quest from Anemon-oh that was the storyline progression quest guess it's Yoko Taro's KILL ALL CHILDREN Boner Time :kheldragar:. The best part is the two other quests are both helping children, too. I'm surprised he kept the kid-slaughter back that long.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Archenteron posted:

One of my favorite Trolled By Cavia moments was (route C spoiler) You get to Pascal's Village as A2, get your thing, and have three quests unlock at once. Oh let me do this simple fetch quest from Anemon-oh that was the storyline progression quest guess it's Yoko Taro's KILL ALL CHILDREN Boner Time :kheldragar:. The best part is the two other quests are both helping children, too. I'm surprised he kept the kid-slaughter back that long.

Pascal commit the same sin Two did in Drakengard 3. I think it may be from TheDarkId's LP of 3, but to paraphrase "For the sin of being a truly good person, selflessness and kind, Pascal, you are sentenced to DRAKENGARD!"

e: It's a fanart Pesky Splinter did for TDI's LP:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 11, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
wanted to wait until this weekend when I could really sink my teeth in to play. Barely even in and I see there are gay robots. GOTY.

But no for real this game rules.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Bugblatter posted:

If a girl isn't okay with casual sexism in character design, that's her defect. Also, I never noticed that the design gives a near full moon during the run animation half the time, you're the perv for looking at the screen!

Jesus christ, thread. I don't even know how to debate with someone who will blatantly deny that's it's noticeable.

I honestly didn't notice how much 2B flashes her rear end during her run cycle, but now that it's been pointed out in the thread I can't not see it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm glad yoko taro likes asses myself

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Alder posted:

About Route C Where did the Logic Virus come from again? Not sure if they explained it in the story or I was just too tired to recall. I just rmb everyone connected to the network were infected except for 2A.

Also what's up with the factory priests and believers all jumping into the lava? Did they stop finding meaning in life w/o their King?

What was the point of the machine's most precious thing? If Adam didn't want to die clearly he shouldn't have attacked 2B. Also why where the machines still RP as brothers even after I killed Adam and Eve?

The logic virus is the machine network taking control of machines in a particular area specifically to further the cause of machines specifically, ie. evolution. The network is an aggregation of concepts and ideas that lead to said evolution, hence leading to a complex mimicking of 'human' emotions and existentialism seen in robots.

The point of the machine's most precious thing is to show that (1) machines can develop sentience, but also (2) to get you to question what sentience really means. It's clear that robotic sentience is very different from human sentience.

Adam and Eve never truly died, as their emotions and reactions are still tied to the network.

Seriously, whats not to understand about the plot :sarcasm:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
holy crap shockwave chips

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Rasamune posted:

I honestly didn't notice how much 2B flashes her rear end during her run cycle, but now that it's been pointed out in the thread I can't not see it

I'm rewatching the jimpression video of it because I have to wait for the pc port, but it really doesn't seem that bad from watching him run around the desert? I think he's sprinting all the time though, and I'm not sure if that changes the run cycle or not.

Edit: you do see a lot of ABSOLUTE TERRITORY, though. I wonder if that's worse than frequent rear end shots.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Beat A and B, decided to finally come check out the thread since I'm less weary of spoilers and it's mostly talk about some anime's dumper. I personally didn't notice it until climbing up that giant ladder of that power line frame in the city ruins where the camera goes directly below her. They missed a perfect opportunity for a perv achievement there.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Alder posted:

There was a logic virus built into the Bunker by the creator androids in order to facilitate the destruction of YoRHa; I'm less clear about how it works with the machines, but 9S and A2 didn't get hit with it b/c the former put off the update that would have installed it in him and A2 was living off the grid.

All the different factions of robots we see are all basically trying out different ways of attaining meaning in life, and just like humans sometimes do, those particular robots ended up in a creepy death cult (I thought it was interesting that not all of the members were aware of/on board with the murder/suicide aspect, also just like in some IRL cults). I don't think they were related to the forest robots and their King.

Adam removed himself from the network to experience death but I guess his previous consciousness (as well as Eve's) still existed in the wider machine network which is why they're present on the ark. Re: the other brother robots, we see lots of robots who develop sibling bonds, that's not unique to Adam and Eve.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so question because chips are gonna become my life in this game. Do shockwaves count as 'melee' attacks? Because I have a shockwave chip and one that heals me for melee damage I do and that seems like a real sexy combo

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
And that's Route C done. I feel like I got some answers, but also quite a few more questions. At least the chapter select lets you see where your missing sidequests are, and I think I now have all the meteorites I need to finish upgrading all the weapons that need them to hit level 4.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

so question because chips are gonna become my life in this game. Do shockwaves count as 'melee' attacks? Because I have a shockwave chip and one that heals me for melee damage I do and that seems like a real sexy combo

Yes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Why do I have to wait another week to play this game on PC... WHAT THE FUUUUUU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bust Rodd posted:

Why do I have to wait another week to play this game on PC... WHAT THE FUUUUUU

I might double dip if it's a good port. The slowdown on even the pro bothers me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dazat posted:

There was a logic virus built into the Bunker by the creator androids in order to facilitate the destruction of YoRHa; I'm less clear about how it works with the machines, but 9S and A2 didn't get hit with it b/c the former put off the update that would have installed it in him and A2 was living off the grid.

All the different factions of robots we see are all basically trying out different ways of attaining meaning in life, and just like humans sometimes do, those particular robots ended up in a creepy death cult (I thought it was interesting that not all of the members were aware of/on board with the murder/suicide aspect, also just like in some IRL cults). I don't think they were related to the forest robots and their King.

Adam removed himself from the network to experience death but I guess his previous consciousness (as well as Eve's) still existed in the wider machine network which is why they're present on the ark. Re: the other brother robots, we see lots of robots who develop sibling bonds, that's not unique to Adam and Eve.

Endgame stuff:
Worth noting that there are definitely different variants of the Logic Virus and that, like real life, there's a game of cat and mouse going on in terms of virus protection and creation. The biggest example of this would probably be part of YoRHa's stage play plot, where Number 21 dives into Lilly (I believe, not 100% sure) and creates a vaccine to cure her virus, but the machines use the vaccine used against that variant to ultimately infect Number 21.

When it comes to Pascal's machines, he says it just happens suddenly. That would lead me to believe that it was essentially always part of their OS, like YoRHa's, and that after being off the Network for X amount of time, they'd become infected, like as a failsafe, but there's nothing to back that up at all, as far as I know. Though when it comes to viruses, it's just easy to write any given reason for infection and it can make perfect sense. poo poo like "the machine network created a logic virus the non-networked Machines had no possible immunity to and distributed it via wifi/a vector unit yadda yadda"

e: typos

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 11, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Endgame stuff:
Worth noting that there are definitely different variants of the Logic Virus and that, like real life, there's a game of cat and mouse going on in terms of virus protection and creation. The biggest example of this would probably be part of YoRHa's stage play plot, where Number 21 dives into Lilly (I believe, not 100% sure) and creates a vaccine to cure her virus, but the machines use the vaccine used against that variant to ultimately infect Number 21.

When it comes to Pascal's machines, he says it just happens suddenly. That would lead me to believe that it was essentially always part of their OS, like YoRHa's, and that after being of the Network for X amount of time, they'd become infected, like as a failsafe, but there's nothing to back that up at all, as far as I know. Though when it comes to viruses, it's just easy to write any given reason for infection and it can make perfect sense. poo poo like "the machine network created a logic virus the non-networked Machines had no possible immunity to and distributed it via wifi/a vector unit yadda yadda"

I figured the red girls decided it was time to mess with A2 and could have kicked it off in any number of ways. I mean the entirety of route C is them antagonizing people for funsies, just like in the stage play.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

http://business.financialpost.com/f...__lsa=ca1a-c3a8

Game is bad. I've canceled my pre-order.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm just gonna avoid this thread since a lot of the spoiler blocks have no context and I don't want to ruin stuff.

That said I just finished the carnival bit on the first playthrough and the boss' "special' attacks were so weird and unexpected, I love it. I've gotten the feel for the while chip system but am I crazy or do the Auto-Heal chips not actually trigger at 30%? I'm not playing on Easy so I know the other Auto chips don't work, but that one doesn't say it doesn't work on Easy like all the others do... kinda annoying because using healing items in the middle of that boss fight was clumsy as gently caress at some points, especially when you can gently caress up one dodge and end up getting chain hit like 3 times for all your health.

It'd be cool if there was a hotkey method for swapping chip load outs on the fly.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What's a business website reviewing games for?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HGH posted:

:shrug:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

That review lists having to replay the game as a downside...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

HGH posted:

The National Post is one of the clinging-to-life-by-its-fingernails newspapers in Canada, so they've compressed a lot of departments together.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Ending E question:

can I accept a rescue offer or will that affect anything? I suck at shmups. :/

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Dongicus posted:

That review lists having to replay the game as a downside...

They clearly didn't make it to ending B either as a few of those questions are answered by then.

Edit: Which he says in the review, reading is hard.

LeafyOrb fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 11, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

psychoJ posted:

Ending E question:

can I accept a rescue offer or will that affect anything? I suck at shmups. :/

Memory serving you can but (spoiler for after that) someone else has to delete their save to do it.

Speaking of ending E, I think the biggest twist is that it's actually a fairly happy ending.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Bugblatter posted:

If Route B hadn't been such a slog I probably wouldn't have been quite as negative earlier, though to a degree I made it worse by doing all the sidequests on that route, instead of later.

I've probably blown like six hours so far on side quests on my initial playthrough, so this doesn't sound good. Should I just be speedrunning everything on easy until the third playthrough or something?

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Cuntellectual posted:

Memory serving you can but (spoiler for after that) someone else has to delete their save to do it.

Speaking of ending E, I think the biggest twist is that it's actually a fairly happy ending.

Yeah I caved and did it. what the heck, how does someone else lose their save??? or is that just a weird meta-thing???? TARO!!! :argh:

also gently caress. what an insane thing that was. deeeeefinitely gonna need some time to process that cuz man.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Fuzz posted:

I'm just gonna avoid this thread since a lot of the spoiler blocks have no context and I don't want to ruin stuff.

That said I just finished the carnival bit on the first playthrough and the boss' "special' attacks were so weird and unexpected, I love it. I've gotten the feel for the while chip system but am I crazy or do the Auto-Heal chips not actually trigger at 30%? I'm not playing on Easy so I know the other Auto chips don't work, but that one doesn't say it doesn't work on Easy like all the others do... kinda annoying because using healing items in the middle of that boss fight was clumsy as gently caress at some points, especially when you can gently caress up one dodge and end up getting chain hit like 3 times for all your health.

It'd be cool if there was a hotkey method for swapping chip load outs on the fly.

Auto-item has a bit of lag before it triggers*and doesn't prevent you from getting one shotted. So a follow-up attack can and will kill you. Auto-Heal, has a specified time before it starts working. They reward playing well enough to not get hit all the time.

If you're looking for healing chips, look into the one that gives you hp on damage dealt and every enemy killed. Those require far less of an effort to maintain them. You should also look into the resist chip if you want to have a chance of not dying.

*are you in black and white when it triggers or are you just dead

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 11, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mailer posted:

I've probably blown like six hours so far on side quests on my initial playthrough, so this doesn't sound good. Should I just be speedrunning everything on easy until the third playthrough or something?

if you really want to stack up 50 sidequests (actual number) at once. if you don't mind doing sidequests now you should just continue doing them as you have been.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 11, 2017

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

psychoJ posted:

Yeah I caved and did it. what the heck, how does someone else lose their save??? or is that just a weird meta-thing???? TARO!!! :argh:

also gently caress. what an insane thing that was. deeeeefinitely gonna need some time to process that cuz man.

The help you get is from people that accept the choice offered after getting Ending E, which is to delete their save file in exchange for giving you one of those helper ships.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

InfinityComplex posted:

Auto-item has a bit of lag before it triggers*and doesn't prevent you from getting one shotted. So a follow-up attack can and will kill you. Auto-Heal, has a specified time before it starts working. They reward playing well enough to not get hit all the time.

If you're looking for healing chips, look into the one that gives you hp on damage dealt and every enemy killed. Those require far less of an effort to maintain them. You should also look into the resist chip if you want to have a chance of not dying.

*are you in black and white when it triggers or are you just dead

Black and white, but it never triggers and I have to manually use something. I'm playing on Hard so the bosses take you from full health to black and white literally in one or two hits sometimes, so you make one mistake and holy poo poo you get destroyed sometimes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Getting tired of seeing all these chained up chests that "you can't access right now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you can't break chains with your future sword it's impossible