Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Sean Miller's interview about the timeout was awesome, he can barely keep a straight face.

https://twitter.com/DAlamedaKOLD/status/840459240984657920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Not sure if I'd rather play the Aztecs or the Rams...

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
15 glorious hours of basketball yesterday and as many more today.

Will be sad though if Vermont doesn't get going against Albany.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I find myself rooting for Albany, though I really shouldn't be.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That was the worst attempt at pronouncing Norfolk that I've ever heard

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Mountaineer and I'd prefer ISU just forfeited against them so I'm not forced to watch a West Virginia game.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol, his foot was like 6 inches away from the line, what a terrible call.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
haha the last 30 seconds of this America East final is a complete disaster

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Hahaha this is unreal

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Aparently, Texas State is pretty good in hoops this year. Watching the Sun Belt semis right now, and I'm surprised!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Walton Jr is styling all over Minnesota

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Princeton is learning about conference tournaments the hard way

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

SpiritualDeath posted:

Not sure if I'd rather play the Aztecs or the Rams...

I would've imagined the Aztecs, because of their poor shooting. But if CSU comes out flat like last night, Nevada should run away with it.

I know I'm rooting for the Wolfpack. gently caress Eustachy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Michigan is gonna UConn their way through their region at this rate

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
de'aaron fox is pretty great

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Texas-Arlington going down opens up a big hole in the Sun Belt, they would've been a tough 12 or 13 seed.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Princeton is learning about conference tournaments the hard way

Congrats on running the table! Your prize is a semifinal on the road in one of the loudest, most claustrophobic gyms in the nation.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Derrick Walton Jr has played 116 minutes of basketball in the last 3 days with stitches in his leg from a plane accident, and he still scored 29 with 9 assists and 4 rebounds

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Princeton's going to survive in overtime, but still has to play the Harvard-Yale winner for the title tomorrow. (And I'm sure the committee loves that, since a Princeton loss scrambles the bracket.)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is my gamecast off? I show Penn up on Princeton in OT

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Oh hey, NC Central won the MEAC again. Someone really needs to hire LeVelle Moton.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i suppose we were due to be owned, but i can't think of a reason to give a poo poo about losing this game

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
In retrospect, asking a team to play at 9pm one night and then 3pm the next day is foolish.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Last night I dreamed that Kansas faced Michigan in the second round and Michigan scored a trillion points and Bill Self died at halftime from a stroke and then the ghost of Trey Burke appeared at halfcourt and started laughing at me, me personally, as I wept like a broken faucet.

Actually, I had this weird dream about meeting an LPer face-to-face and applying to some lovely community college, but that's less precognitive than what I just described.

What I'm saying is, I think Michigan is going to be a dangerous team up until they hit the Elite Eight and suddenly have an overall shooting percentage of 17%.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Jevon Carter sure does have a hairline.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have a good feeling that ISU isn't winning this game. It's early, but they have not been hitting shots early, and that usually spells doom.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have a good feeling that ISU isn't winning this game. It's early, but they have not been hitting shots early, and that usually spells doom.

You were saying?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Well they're still not shooting great, but their D has been good.

Bowie is having a great game so far.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 12, 2017

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Thank You Based Caroline

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Good end to the half for Morris. Clones got hot there. WVU is usually good about making adjustments though, so we'll see if it holds up.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Oliver is not giving any effort right now

and I don't know what Marshall's plan is with his ballhandling

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 12, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
goddamn did the rim kill his mother

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug88HO2mg44

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

What the gently caress WVU, you're down 9 with 4 seconds to go and you're fouling?

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

FENNER STOP FOULING ON THREE POINTERS

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Holy moly what a relief

Made all those 3's but can't hit any of 3 free throws huh Clavell

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why are college basketball players so poo poo at free throws

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is ND basketball as evil as their football program? I need too know how I should feel rooting for them against Duke.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Texas Southern hangs on to win the SWAC, always nice to see a team that fights through 16 straight away games to open a season get a reward, even if it's just a day in Dayton.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Why are college basketball players so poo poo at free throws

i blame aau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is ND basketball as evil as their football program? I need too know how I should feel rooting for them against Duke.

Duke Lite in every way, from style of play to roster makeup to Mike Brey being K's only consistently successful protégé.

• Locked thread