Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TRUMPESOR!"

"YES, BARRY. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

"MANY OUR OPTIONS"

JaggerMcDagger posted:

"YES, BARRY FOR THE 'LOVE' OF GOD"

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

After The War posted:

"MANY OUR OPTIONS"

In Tinsley's defense, it's hard to use proper grammar when your brain is slowly being consumed by an abscess full of Ten High and hatred for young people.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

After The War posted:

"MANY OUR OPTIONS"

On one hand, I'm not going to say I've never left out a word like 'of' while I'm typing quickly, because I would be lying.

On the other hand, I don't generally do it while (presumably) hand-lettering a comic and very carefully spacing the sentence inside the speech bubble, and it's the kind of thing you should probably double-check before submitting it.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

darth_pizza posted:

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TRUMPESOR!"

"YES, BARRY. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD"

Okay.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

[checks date]
No. No! Nooooooo! :negative:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Justine Greening and new grammar schools – Theresa May has paved the way for a new generation of grammar schools – a controversial policy that is seen as a key priority for the prime minister"

Telegraph:

After Michelangelo.

Independent:

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Laughing Theresa May

Times:

After AN Other? Yeah, not searching for that one.

Stephen Collins:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Were you around for the poo poo storm following Bruce Shephard's call for greater levels of diversity on campus? Cause man oh man

That was just post my graduation. I read about it in the news but it was basically whiteliberals.txt

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

:iit:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Anyone else kinda mad weve never had a Native American who was comically "injun" for a president?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Why would you deport Caucasians with non-european ancestry to Europe? Most North Africans and Middle Easterners and quite a few Indians and Central Asians were at least historically considered part of the "Caucasian Race".

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kopijeger posted:

Why would you deport Caucasians with non-european ancestry to Europe? Most North Africans and Middle Easterners and quite a few Indians and Central Asians were at least historically considered part of the "Caucasian Race".

Man it sure would suck to have a president who generalises by ethnicity

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

World Famous W posted:

I wouldn't follow this thread if I liked good ones.

Yeah that's why I wanted to warn you. Sometimes it's nice to have a change of pace though

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

Man it sure would suck to have a president who generalises by ethnicity

I wonder if Trump has reversed his "they don't look like Indians to me" stance as far as Native Americans go.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kopijeger posted:

If you idiots were to get moved to Europe, your first task would be to learn that no, you aren't Caucasians. Unless your ancestors came from, like, Georgia, Armenia, or Azerbaijan.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

This one is pretty good but it's so sparse in its use of words, it's a little hard to understand

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
"Sorry kid, Mayotte isn't a country, and you misspelled Djibouti."
*gets paddle*

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

This one is pretty good but it's so sparse in its use of words, it's a little hard to understand

It's basically a variant on "I'm not racist: Islam is not a race".

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
IDGI

quote:

Leaks push our national security forward, while hot air lets it drift aimlessly. AGC.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kopijeger posted:

:thejoke:

Trump wants to just send everyone who is deported to Mexico, no matter where they're from originally.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Remove the speech bubble and you have a true-to-life portrayal of the standard Trump voter.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lol, trump hosed the voters.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Kopijeger posted:

idk why you would deport literally everyone to mexico regardless of where they're from originally but that's what potus would like to do :v:

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

He's trying to explain how "it's totally not a Muslim ban because it doesn't ban literally every Muslim country on earth so check mate."

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

UberJew posted:

idk why you would deport literally everyone to mexico regardless of where they're from originally but that's what potus would like to do :v:

Huh, had missed that particular detail. Makes more sense with that in mind.

Hihohe posted:

Anyone else kinda mad weve never had a Native American who was comically "injun" for a president?

This guy is the closest thing:

quote:

In 1928, Curtis was the Republican candidate for Vice President, as running mate to Herbert Hoover. They won in a landslide, 58% to 41%. Curtis resigned from the Senate to assume his new office. Curtis arranged for a Native American jazz band to perform at the inauguration on 4 March 1929. Soon after the Great Depression began, Curtis endorsed the five-day work week, with no reduction in wages, as a work-sharing solution to unemployment. He was 69 when he took office, making him the second-oldest Vice President to date, behind Alben W. Barkley at 71.

Curtis' election as Vice President made history because he was the only native Kansan and only Native American to hold the post, as well as the first person of acknowledged non-European ancestry. The first American of significant Native American ancestry to be elected to such high office, Curtis decorated his office with Native American artifacts and posed for pictures wearing Indian headdresses.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 11, 2017

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

PALESTINIAN Territories

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

duz posted:

PALESTINIAN Territories

Palestine finally achieves the most important milestone, namely that of being recognised as a country by noted editorial cartoon artist Michael Pramirez.

Though I don't know what Herzegovina did to deserve lowercase over Bosnia. Ramirez has strong views on the relative superiority of Balkan regions?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

BAN@LADESH

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It cannot be coincidence that Barry comes back once Leak dies.

It's like a biological imperative to maintain a certain level of poo poo quality in cartooning.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Pants Donkey posted:

It cannot be coincidence that Barry comes back once Leak dies.

It's like a biological imperative to maintain a certain level of poo poo quality in cartooning.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/on-the-etiology-of-fuckers

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah, but political cartooning is like 90% fuckers.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Cpt.Americant posted:

He's trying to explain how "it's totally not a Muslim ban because it doesn't ban literally every Muslim country on earth so check mate."

"It's called 'No HomerS'...We're allowed to have one."

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Daylight Savings Time can be stopped despite claims to the contrary because it is merely a governmental institution rather than a fact of life. A pro-protest cartoon.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Sandpuppy posted:

For whatever reason, the AAEC website runs a few cartoonists through a dayglo filter. Here's the version on Rall's site:

This happens if you save an image in CMYK color format (for printing) but it goes out to the Web (which usually expects RGB). A lot of browsers misinterpret the colors badly.

Photoshop says that Gamble image is RGB, so I assume they do some sort of conversion on the image before putting it up on the site, and it mangles it up even more.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 12, 2017

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviance_(sociology)#Durkheim.27s_concept

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

5. No Poofdahs

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012