Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Did 'Lord of the Valley' by standing on a ledge, tying a rubber band to the pad, and walking away for an hour.

Maybe I'm being a little too forceful with these sidequests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Starting playthrough 2, question:

So playing 9s, the one weapon is it Am I really limited to just mashing square this whole second playthrough? Like I know he has the hacking but that just takes up more time. Why even put platinum on this game if combat is going to be this simplistic, please tell me im missing something here.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
He has a different moveset if you evade first then attack but other than that yeah. It's finicky so the best way to do it is from a neutral dodge.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think I went in assuming this would be Bayonetta 3 so I was a bit put off by the open world aspect, especially coming off of Zelda and then going into this completely uninteresting world of ruins and poo poo. I kind of wish the world was smaller because there is really no point to making it this big. I need more fights and less errands.

Are there more interesting characters that come into play besides the docile robot village, so far they've been the most fun and I'm already bored to loving death with these dirt-clad Resistance fucks and the complete "whatever" attitude from 2B

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I've fallen in love with the pipe

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Same, but also the stick.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Double Combat Bracers is the true path.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

People are freaking out and dogpiling this guy on Twitter because he brought Automata's metacritic score down from 90 is 89 with his (admittedly stupid) review. I miss the days we just had dudes ragequitting over the fishing mini-game. It was a more innocent time...

Edit: Not NieR, but dozens and dozens of Japanese people leaving 1-star reviews on Amazon for Drakengard 3 after getting Ending A was pretty funny too. It's not a Yoko game without some review shenanigans!

dazat fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 12, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tatum Girlparts posted:

ancient overlord in one slot, iron pipe in the other :getin:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Monomythian posted:

Did 'Lord of the Valley' by standing on a ledge, tying a rubber band to the pad, and walking away for an hour.

Maybe I'm being a little too forceful with these sidequests.

Indeed you are. You were supposed to just come back later. The fact that it took that long should have sort of hinted it for you!

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Just finished ending b today and started the next route the timing on the title sequence popping up gently caress yes so good and also the fact that it basically did a sequel hook and then said hey btw this game is that sequel was perfect. I loved it. Also glad to not be playing as 9S for a bit.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Route C

Just died during the 2B infection period. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing but I can't shake enemies due to no running or jumping and can't attack so I just get corner hosed and sent a mile back. This is hot garbage jesus. Completely took me out of the moment.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Is there a point to equipping two of the same chip? Or should I just fuse everything all the time?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fuzz posted:

Is there a point to equipping two of the same chip? Or should I just fuse everything all the time?

the effects stack

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Route C

Just died during the 2B infection period. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing but I can't shake enemies due to no running or jumping and can't attack so I just get corner hosed and sent a mile back. This is hot garbage jesus. Completely took me out of the moment.

Yeah, it's a pain. Run past everything, don't fight. When you come out of the pipe head left and you can get back to the top without jumping. Once there wait until you have full movement and jump across the gap, it's the only time you'll need to jump. Then just head for the mall, skirting around enemies. If you take a route that requires more jumping it's real bad. On the plus side, you never have to do it again!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hackan Slash posted:

Yeah, it's a pain. Run past everything, don't fight. When you come out of the pipe head left and you can get back to the top without jumping. Once there wait until you have full movement and jump across the gap, it's the only time you'll need to jump. Then just head for the mall, skirting around enemies. If you take a route that requires more jumping it's real bad. On the plus side, you never have to do it again!

Got it, thanks for that. Route C question though.

Is there a order I should support first? I don't want to go to like, 9S and then have to delete my game or something and miss out on A2.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Got it, thanks for that. Route C question though.

Is there a order I should support first? I don't want to go to like, 9S and then have to delete my game or something and miss out on A2.

You don't miss out on anything, it's just of matter of who's quest you want to see/play first. You'll get the chance to select the other character later in the playthrough.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Oil sardines are loving gross looking.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The stuff in my inventory that says "Can be exchanged for money" - the only use for that stuff is selling, right? Because I just realized I have like 200k worth of that stuff.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

The stuff in my inventory that says "Can be exchanged for money" - the only use for that stuff is selling, right? Because I just realized I have like 200k worth of that stuff.

I highly recommend you keep at least 5 of anything that has that label. It's what I did and it ended up helping.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I had to turn it to easy for this boss. I'm not even ashamed because it was the worst designed thing I've ever seen in a video game, christ.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Mindblast posted:

I highly recommend you keep at least 5 of anything that has that label. It's what I did and it ended up helping.

If you're referring to the Desert Roses then that quest gives you 5 set spawns of them, two of them are on a ledge on the side of the canyon though, where there's also a chest to be found.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I had to turn it to easy for this boss. I'm not even ashamed because it was the worst designed thing I've ever seen in a video game, christ.

Which boss?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

lets hang out posted:

the effects stack

So what does this mean for the basic Counter chip?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Mindblast posted:

What about stuff like Machine Core, Precious Earrings, Lovely Choker, etc etc, as well as all my caught fish?

Also, when I'm retrieving the stuff from all these corpses and I get like "+2 Hp" and "+1 attack" is that just a temp buff or is this a permanent increase?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Genocyber posted:

Which boss?

Hagel or whatever it was called. Game wanted me to enter berserk state which left me with 0 hp at all times, even when I decided to try to get by without using it the screen was so cluttered with trash and off screen lasers it was impossible to actually dodge anything. It was bad.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hagel or whatever it was called. Game wanted me to enter berserk state which left me with 0 hp at all times, even when I decided to try to get by without using it the screen was so cluttered with trash and off screen lasers it was impossible to actually dodge anything. It was bad.

Yeah that's the one I figured you were complaining about. The camera in that fight is absolutely atrocious, which sucks cause otherwise it might actually be a fun fight.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fuzz posted:

So what does this mean for the basic Counter chip?

increases the percentage of damage reflected

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

What about stuff like Machine Core, Precious Earrings, Lovely Choker, etc etc, as well as all my caught fish?

Also, when I'm retrieving the stuff from all these corpses and I get like "+2 Hp" and "+1 attack" is that just a temp buff or is this a permanent increase?

Temp buffs. But sometimes what they can give is absolutely crazy. +4 or 5 is something I have seen happen. If it happens to be to something you already have, it can stack.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

lets hang out posted:

increases the percentage of damage reflected

Basic Counter doesn't reflect any damage.

Farali
Feb 18, 2012
I can't tell if it's just me, but Route C is unbearably hard. Everything from the saving squadrons part to the giant orb centipede to the data Adam/Eve wannabe suddenly one hit killing me from full health (with an admittedly sick combo) feels kinda unfair on Normal compared to the rest of the game so far.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So uh, I think this quest is bugged? I can't talk to this npc at all.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Literally go out and kill any black dots even remotely nearby. Then kill some further out.

I had the same issue. A lot of times NPCs won't talk to you if there's anything hostile within like, a football field of you.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I had the same bug. For me I just had to walk away a short distance, such as the edge of the crater, and then walk back and I could talk to him. I did have to redo the block pushing though.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Oh man grinding enemy data is miserable. A nice taste of the menial flavor of Yoko Taro misery, mmm haha mmm

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lets hang out posted:

ancient overlord in one slot, iron pipe in the other :getin:

hell yea that's my combo too. Whirling tornado of death.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I spent way too long running around doing sidequests before unlocking fast travel :negative:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Still working on the first ending. I just killed =====Adam=====. How far am I from the first ending?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

HGH posted:

What's a business website reviewing games for?

Someone watched a YouTube and got paid to do an article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

lets hang out posted:

the effects stack

Slo mo gonna get reaaaal fun in this next 15 mins when IASIP ends

"We'll put enough makeup on ya you'll look like the poo poo"