Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

But Samara doesnt look like a 18 years old?

i dunno bout that duder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

But Samara doesnt look like a 18 years old?
That's a bit harsh. She had a lot on her mind.

MadBimber posted:

shut the gently caress up
I don't do requests.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Nothing will save this thread. Even the sweet release of... well, the release date.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

This is true be good though. Star Wars is a franchise for children

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No way.

Also they should have let us bang Samara and her daughter.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Would

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

No way.

Also they should have let us bang Samara and her daughter.

They do let us bang her daughter, though

Unless you meant at the same time, which I'm totally on board with

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
GAME LOOKS LIKE TRASH

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

She must have licked Suvi's rock.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Overbite posted:

GAME LOOKS LIKE TRASH

YOU JUST KEEP HITTING THOSE loving HOME RUNS BIOWARE

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ages posted:

They do let us bang her daughter, though

Unless you meant at the same time, which I'm totally on board with

Bang the daughter and not die and at the same time. Yes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

i obsessively follow mediums where i have invested too much time in mediocre stories

ME3 multiplayer was actually really amazing, though. Genuinely surprised by that quality.

DA:I was a bit too 'Collect 20 Fade Boar Teeth' for me, interspaced with poorly-animated cutscenes. Has that improved in this game, at least?

What are you planning on playing MEA on, Claws? If it's Xbox or PC we should do a few rounds together as Homestuck survivors

When our clocks align anyways. loving time zones

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
funny i was thinking of mike stoklasa talking about laziness in jack and jill when watching all the character dialogue footage

it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpUhcuJBrs

Burkion posted:

What are you planning on playing MEA on, Claws? If it's Xbox or PC we should do a few rounds together as Homestuck survivors

When our clocks align anyways. loving time zones

if i get it i certainly wont be a console peasant, though its looking like id rather play sburb

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

At least they're all holding the guns in the right way

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Uhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/840651077049540608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Guess that's why the character pages have a "favorite gun" blurb.

And I guess that will cut down on crafting time when you're only crafting for yourself and the Nomad.

That's really mind-boggling, really. Not being able to change companion's weapons.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 12, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

funny i was thinking of mike stoklasa talking about laziness in jack and jill when watching all the character dialogue footage

it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpUhcuJBrs

if i get it i certainly wont be a console peasant, though its looking like id rather play sburb

If you do, shoot me a PM or something.

I'm Burk77 over on Origin, and will be playing pretty regular with fellow goon Seer235. We rocked the poo poo out of multiplayer back on ME3

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SgtSteel91 posted:

Uhhhhhh

You won't be able to change companion's armor or weapons

And I guess that will cut down on crafting time when you're only crafting for yourself and the Nomad.

That's really mind-boggling, really. Not being able to change companion's weapons.

Between this and the way we've seen party members behaving in trailers, I'm really starting to wonder if the party is just window dressing in game terms.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Burkion posted:

If you do, shoot me a PM or something.

I'm Burk77 over on Origin, and will be playing pretty regular with fellow goon Seer235. We rocked the poo poo out of multiplayer back on ME3

thanks bucko! If I check it out it'll probably won't be until it goes on sale or if my RL friends nag me enough

Captain Oblivious posted:

Between this and the way we've seen party members behaving in trailers, I'm really starting to wonder if the party is just window dressing in game terms.

Didn't they have a quote during the DA:2 hypedrive saying they wanted people to cosplay as the characters or something?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SgtSteel91 posted:

Uhhhhhh

i'm thinking that must be just a poorly phrased tweet? like how in me2 each companion only used two specific weapon types but you could tell them which weapon to use within those types? right?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Didn't they have a quote during the DA:I hypedrive saying they wanted people to cosplay as the characters or something?

There are the character kits that show close-ups of the models down to the texture and color to help cosplayers

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i'm thinking that must be just a poorly phrased tweet? like how in me2 each companion only used two specific weapon types but you could tell them which weapon to use within those types? right?

I thought that too but

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SgtSteel91 posted:

I thought that too but

that doesn't really make me think the game is going to be any worse than the horrible jank we've seen already i guess, it just seems really, really bizarre.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This might sound kind of "glass half-full" but I did spend a lot of time getting materials to craft armor and weapons for all of my companions in DA:I

And it was a pain to juggle weapons for companions in ME1 too

It wasn't bad in ME2 and ME3 since they weren't open world games and you just picked up the weapons in missions or bought them and you only had that weapon for the whole game

Maybe this isn't a bad thing?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I think that says more about what a tedious pain in the rear end the gearing and crafting system in Inquisition was as a whole.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SgtSteel91 posted:

This might sound kind of "glass half-full" but I did spend a lot of time getting materials to craft armor and weapons for all of my companions in DA:I

And it was a pain to juggle weapons for companions in ME1 too

Maybe this isn't a bad thing?

Its probably the neatest way to handle it now that we've moved back to individual weapons and weapon drops instead of pre-placed unique unlocks. Its dumb, but honestly most way to handle it in this system are gonna be kludgey as gently caress.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Why even bother creating a crafting system and all that poo poo if you can't even customize your own party? Just seems like strange priorities.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
ME1 weapon management was pain in the rear end. It got really annoying trying to keep everyone supplied with good weapons. It's one of those things I'd rather not even have to deal with.

But I am still worried about them taking away the ability to call up squadmate powers. That was the best part of ME3, setting up completely insane nonstop explosions.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Magical Zero posted:

Why even bother creating a crafting system and all that poo poo if you can't even customize your own party? Just seems like strange priorities.

I guess the reasoning is "I want my PC to look pretty and use cool weapons, but I takes too long to do that for my whole party."

Edit:

Crustashio posted:

ME1 weapon management was pain in the rear end. It got really annoying trying to keep everyone supplied with good weapons. It's one of those things I'd rather not even have to deal with.

But I am still worried about them taking away the ability to call up squadmate powers. That was the best part of ME3, setting up completely insane nonstop explosions.

I bet that they will automatically use detonation powers when you prime an enemy and then have them target the guy (if it isn't recharging).

There was one video where the PC use singularity on a group, had the squad target them, and Cora automatically use Charge to detonate it.

Guess it'll cut down people on consoles pausing to have companions use powers.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 12, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

SgtSteel91 posted:

Uhhhhhh

Incredible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I sure as gently caress hope the squadmate AI is good then if I can't control them at all.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

thanks bucko! If I check it out it'll probably won't be until it goes on sale or if my RL friends nag me enough

Sounds good man.

Homestuck survivors gotta stick together.

Meanwhile

Backwards guns or something right

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I really don't care about companion armor but man not being able to change their weapons is just :psyduck:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

SgtSteel91 posted:

I guess the reasoning is "I want my PC to look pretty and use cool weapons, but I takes too long to do that for my whole party."

Edit:

I bet that they will automatically use detonation powers when you prime an enemy and then have them target the guy (if it isn't recharging).

There was one video where the PC use singularity on a group, had the squad target them, and Cora automatically use Charge to detonate it.

Guess it'll cut down people on consoles pausing to have companions use powers.

Will they prime so the player can detonate stuff though? That's half the fun playing a vanguard.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Crustashio posted:

Will they prime so the player can detonate stuff though? That's half the fun playing a vanguard.

I'm pretty sure each companion has a primer and detonator power

Also, here's the developers on why they chose to have 'iconic weapons' for companions (their words, not mine)

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/840703915352051712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

frajaq posted:

I really don't care about companion armor but man not being able to change their weapons is just :psyduck:

I don't think I ever bothered changing my squad's weapons in any of the ME games, they just did so little anyway it didn't matter.

The solution probably should have been "make companions better so it's worth fussing over them" instead, though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Crustashio posted:

Even if they do they probably won't prime the target you want.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have absolutely zero problem with not having to worry about crafting a Mattock +7 of Tekk Slaying for every party member and only worry about that poo poo for one character.

In noted best game of the series ME2 I always give the same guns to the same people every time and there's almost no reason not to so I dunno why it matters that much. :shrug:

Having squadmates along in this series has always been more for what they say about quests rather than any :turianass: combat ability :turianass:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Yeah, I'm fine with crafting just being for making your character a beautiful butterfly. Keeping that up with all party members would be a pain as it was in DAI in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SgtSteel91 posted:

I'm pretty sure each companion has a primer and detonator power

Also, here's the developers on why they chose to have 'iconic weapons' for companions (their words, not mine)

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/840703915352051712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

This makes zero sense. I never had issues getting my squadmates to change weapons in ME3, I certainly don't remember it messing up the AI.

I don't give a poo poo who my squadmates shoot and with what, as long as I can still ask them to blow up my target with their skills.