Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Yeah I am probably replacing Camilla with Nino. She seems way too good paired with a Rally Attack and other silly buffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
It would seems my group of level 40 Lyn, Cordellia(5*), Raven and Marth(4*) is not doing well against Ursula's Hard mode. That's why I'm scampering to level up Effie, Nino and Setsuna(all 4*, around 22) to be able to help do it.

'cause otherwise, I'm kinda stumped.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cosmic Afro posted:

It would seems my group of level 40 Lyn, Cordellia(5*), Raven and Marth(4*) is not doing well against Ursula's Hard mode. That's why I'm scampering to level up Effie, Nino and Setsuna(all 4*, around 22) to be able to help do it.

'cause otherwise, I'm kinda stumped.

Post your non-infantry units

Also use FRobin to kill Ursula

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Post your non-infantry units

Also use FRobin to kill Ursula

Mmmmkay.

5* Lacheise(24)

4*: Gwendolyn(20), Effie(22), Peri(10), Est(10), MRobin(29), Sheena(8), Camilla(7), Nino(22), Cecilla(18), Setsuna(22),

3*: Draug(22), Sully(20), Florina(6), Cherche(15), Olivia(15)

As for 2*, I got all the free characters.

I do have FRobin, just not very well leveled, also 2*.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 11, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cosmic Afro posted:

Mmmmkay.

5* Lacheise(24)

4*: Gwendolyn(20), Effie(22), Peri(10), Est(10), MRobin(29), Sheena(8), Camilla(7), Nino(22), Cecilla(18), Setsuna(22),

If you can get Effie and FRobin to level 30 (Robin 3*) or so you can probably beat it pretty easily

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Here's a video of someone beating Ursala lunatic mode with all 3* characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2Sn_f2378

I recommend watching this to get an understanding of how the enemies on the stage behave and then adapting based on the units you have. I don't have Subaki so I subbed in Hinoka but she did too much damage allowing the armour unit to teleport, so I also replaced Lissa with a 4* Cecilia who could kill the armour and then not die to a ninja.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ostentatious posted:

Yeah I am probably replacing Camilla with Nino. She seems way too good paired with a Rally Attack and other silly buffs

Camilla is pretty junk. Her mobility is ok, but she's crazy vulnerable to... well, everything, and since units can't fly over walls anyway, it's smarter to take someone who can just shoot over them instead.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
OK, I think I've got a plan but help me out here: what atk and spd does a 4* Nino need to ORKO lunatic Ursula? My idea is Nino/Eldigan/Eirika/Setsuna, so Nino can also get a +3 atk from Eirika.

Open to other suggestions as well, roster contains:
5* Eldigan (36), Eirika (36), Maria (38), Julia (40), Hinoka (40), Frederick (30)
4* Setsuna (27), Nino (27), Kagero, (27), Subaki (27), MRobin (38), Serra (31)

~I'm a dumb who deleted the 2* characters :bang:

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

eggrolled posted:

So is the consensus on Ursula is that she's pretty mediocre in terms of combat viability?

She's mediocre but also pretty much guaranteed to be a bonus arena hero, where she can pull her own weight killing red lords. In that regard she's better than FRobin, and I don't regret getting FRobin to 40 at all since she soloed Ursula and was the only hero on the current arena bonus that I had.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

VivaNova posted:

OK, I think I've got a plan but help me out here: what atk and spd does a 4* Nino need to ORKO lunatic Ursula? My idea is Nino/Eldigan/Eirika/Setsuna, so Nino can also get a +3 atk from Eirika.

Nino would need 67 Atk to OHKO Ursula, probably impossible for 4* even with max buffs. However, with 59 Atk and 37 Spd she could ORKO her. Eirika will give her +10 Atk and +4 Spd, so unless her base Atk is 49, which is only possible for a 5* Nino with +Atk, she'll need enough other buffs too. You'd need more than Eirika alone, possibly even Spurs. I believe my 4* Nino with +Atk had 42 attack at level 40, so it's really not practical unless you have a full team devoted to buffing her. Ursula has a lot of HP and Res.

It's more practical to just get 3* FRobin to her low 30s.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

VivaNova posted:

Ursula has 50 HP, 30 Resistance , and 32 Speed.

Assuming my math is right, at minimum, your Nino needs 36 Attack and 33 Speed. +4 Speed from Eirika's Hone Speed will put you at 37. 36 Attack +3 from Eirika's sword +7 from the special effect of Nino's tome will put you at 46, and then the bonus from Weapon Triangle Advantage will push it up to 55. 55-30=25×2= Dead Ursula.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Something a bit screwy with your numbers there. Are you forgetting about Nino's color advantage or something? EDIT: that was directed at Clarste not W.T.Fits

A neutral 5* Nino will ORKO lunatic ursula as long as you're getting +1 spd from something.

Most 4* Nino can ORKO her with Eirika buffs. You might have an issue if its -atk or -spd though.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I'm so glad I pulled a Hector as my starter roll. He really opens up so many possibilities for these challenge maps. I hope he's a focus character soon so more people can use him. Also he's basically a free kill in Arena :^)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Clarste posted:

Nino would need 67 Atk to OHKO Ursula, probably impossible for 4* even with max buffs. However, with 59 Atk and 37 Spd she could ORKO her. Eirika will give her +10 Atk and +4 Spd, so unless her base Atk is 49, which is only possible for a 5* Nino with +Atk, she'll need enough other buffs too. You'd need more than Eirika alone, possibly even Spurs. I believe my 4* Nino with +Atk had 42 attack at level 40, so it's really not practical unless you have a full team devoted to buffing her. Ursula has a lot of HP and Res.

It's more practical to just get 3* FRobin to her low 30s.

My +Spd -Def 40 4☆ Nino killed Ursula just fine on a double counter with only Olivia's Hone Atk 3.

The advantage of using Nino is that she can safely kill the armor in two turns and then get danced to retreat back to safety, which prevents it from teleporting through wings of mercy unless your tank is doing too much damage on the counter.

Cosmic Afro posted:

Mmmmkay.

5* Lacheise(24)

Effie Lachesis Nino Olivia will do the trick. You also won't waste stamina or feathers leveling less-useful units.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 12, 2017

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I didn't have anyone over 22 when FRobin's map was up so I missed her. My only option for a green mage would be a lvl 1 2-star Cecillia who I am kinda not interested in leveling. Ugh. I have a 5-star Sheena who I thought could tank but my only other mage is a lvl 24 4-star Sophia so this is probably not happening.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Kyte posted:

My +Spd -Def 40 4☆ Nino killed Ursula just fine on a double counter with only Olivia's Hone Atk 3.

The advantage of using Nino is that she can safely kill the armor in two turns and then get danced to retreat back to safety, which prevents it from teleporting through wings of mercy unless your tank is doing too much damage on the counter.

Effie Lachesis Nino Olivia will do the trick. You also won't waste stamina or feathers leveling less-useful units.

Thanks, but bit late for that, already slammed some gems on FRobin. Oh well! I'm leveling these four right now, then, to get them to 30+

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dropped my last 5 stones hoping to draw an Effie and got no blues. Dejected, I chose a green orb and got a 5* Nino. :psyduck:

She's -Atk/+Spd. Is this good or bad?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

U-DO Burger posted:

Dropped my last 5 stones hoping to draw an Effie and got no blues. Dejected, I chose a green orb and got a 5* Nino. :psyduck:

She's -Atk/+Spd. Is this good or bad?

Not ideal but Nino is well suited to make up for her attack deficiency thanks to Gronnblade.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
So far all three of the Grand Hero Battles they've done have been units that were present in Story Mode, but haven't shown up in the gacha - Narcian, F. Robin, Ursula. Not counting Veronica and Char Masked Man, there's five characters left that we've fought in the story mode that aren't in the gacha - Camus, Michalis, Navarre, Xander and Zephiel. So which of those do you guys think is likely to be our next Grand Hero Battle?

I'm kinda hoping it's Zephiel, just so people who haven't gotten an Armored unit from the gacha yet can finally get one.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Next unit will probably be someone that Ursula counters - RobinF counters Ursula, and Narcian is a bit of a soft check to RobinF since he has decent RES and she's kinda bad against anything that's not a cavalry or blue tome.

So by that logic, next unit is Xander.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

So far all three of the Grand Hero Battles they've done have been units that were present in Story Mode, but haven't shown up in the gacha - Narcian, F. Robin, Ursula. Not counting Veronica and Char Masked Man, there's five characters left that we've fought in the story mode that aren't in the gacha - Camus, Michalis, Navarre, Xander and Zephiel. So which of those do you guys think is likely to be our next Grand Hero Battle?

I'm kinda hoping it's Zephiel, just so people who haven't gotten an Armored unit from the gacha yet can finally get one.

I think it actually is supposed to be Zephiel but I'm not sure where I'm getting that from.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Next unit will probably be someone that Ursula counters - RobinF counters Ursula, and Narcian is a bit of a soft check to RobinF since he has decent RES and she's kinda bad against anything that's not a cavalry or blue tome.

Another point in Xander's favor is that he's the only Fates character that is not available through any means yet, so that's some incentive to let the player have access to an entire game's present cast representatives.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Considering Xander's apparently Veronica's right-hand man now it's more likely they'll release him in a banner when the next plot chapters roll around.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So I caved and bought a Google Plus card and, hey hey! I got a few 5* units! A -atk Kagero, a -atk Felicia and a -atk Jacob. :shepicide:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Considering Xander's apparently Veronica's right-hand man now it's more likely they'll release him in a banner when the next plot chapters roll around.
Oh, I am fully expecting a future banner or three featuring the Grand Hero Battle characters as the focus. It's just a matter of "when?" at this point.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

hit button posted:

Something a bit screwy with your numbers there. Are you forgetting about Nino's color advantage or something? EDIT: that was directed at Clarste not W.T.Fits

I dunno, calculator error. Probably added her Res again by accident or something. I was trying to do (HP + 2x Res)/2

Edit: Or maybe I multiplied instead of divided when with the color advantage.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

AradoBalanga posted:

Another point in Xander's favor is that he's the only Fates character that is not available through any means yet, so that's some incentive to let the player have access to an entire game's present cast representatives.

Ehh, it's possible, but considering there are still tons of Fates characters left to go I'm not sure if they're saving him for a Fates-centric banner.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Starsnostars posted:

Here's a video of someone beating Ursala lunatic mode with all 3* characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2Sn_f2378

I recommend watching this to get an understanding of how the enemies on the stage behave and then adapting based on the units you have. I don't have Subaki so I subbed in Hinoka but she did too much damage allowing the armour unit to teleport, so I also replaced Lissa with a 4* Cecilia who could kill the armour and then not die to a ninja.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

ApplesandOranges posted:

Or Camus, who is probably more likely due to lacking Xander's plot bit.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

fairlight posted:

I'm so glad I pulled a Hector as my starter roll. He really opens up so many possibilities for these challenge maps. I hope he's a focus character soon so more people can use him. Also he's basically a free kill in Arena :^)

Effie and Hector are so common on defense teams when you bring high BST characters. By all means, continue to keep doing that. Bartre needs more easy skulls to crack.

It's indefinably better than the goddamn 3 Takumis/Kagero team I faced last week. :shepicide:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lord Ephraim posted:

Effie and Hector are so common on defense teams when you bring high BST characters. By all means, continue to keep doing that. Bartre needs more easy skulls to crack.

It's indefinably better than the goddamn 3 Takumis/Kagero team I faced last week. :shepicide:

It's not like they have a choice. Picking Advanced means that you'll always face a team with a higher average BST than your own. And if one doesn't exist, it'll pick a Nintendo bot that has that team.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Seems weird, I spent all of my flags and I don't think I'm going to even rank in the total scores. I certainly had more than enough friends. I guess using the hero of your chosen faction was more important than I estimated.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Seems weird, I spent all of my flags and I don't think I'm going to even rank in the total scores. I certainly had more than enough friends. I guess using the hero of your chosen faction was more important than I estimated.

That's kinda odd, I'm 2.8k overall and rising as I play matches with Ephraim; all this even though I'm only 3k by the skin of my teeth for my team this round.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Lord Ephraim posted:

After getting a Lucina, I ran into these 2-3 5* ranged/cav teams around the 630 points advanced teams. And since cavs have such low stat totals, a lot of the teams had 40+ units. It's kind of stupid that you go from this to teams of Hectors and Effies that are way easier to deal with when you throw a couple big bodies on your team. I had to cut Lucina from my team and stick around 620 points to keep arena from getting too crazy for 3* FRobin to deal with.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

akulanization posted:

That's kinda odd, I'm 2.8k overall and rising as I play matches with Ephraim; all this even though I'm only 3k by the skin of my teeth for my team this round.
What is your total score?

I spent like 400 r1 and r2 then 300 r3. Army rank I understand in the dumpster cause Lucina but I did not expect the total rank to get so murdered.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Ok so for general play, who's the best red character to be using?
I have quite a few, none of them the 5* sicknasty units you tend to see in the arena though

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Rascyc posted:

What is your total score?

I spent like 400 r1 and r2 then 300 r3. Army rank I understand in the dumpster cause Lucina but I did not expect the total rank to get so murdered.

My overall score is 130,980.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Ok so for general play, who's the best red character to be using?
I have quite a few, none of them the 5* sicknasty units you tend to see in the arena though

Olivia, Tharja, and Tiki are probably the best of the ones you don't get at 5* I guess?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

akulanization posted:

Olivia, Tharja, and Tiki are probably the best of the ones you don't get at 5* I guess?
Makes sense. Not using the featured means I dropped 11000 points or something I think. I bet there are gigantic swaths of ties and poo poo.

Man you did a lot of no flag runs then I take it?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

akulanization posted:

My olivia is like mega rear end right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

My olivia is like mega rear end right now.

She has Dance, it's impossible for her to be rear end unless every other unit in your team is also trash.