Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

DoriDori240 posted:

I have also healed extensively on a magblade, so let me know if there is any interest in that

I'd definitely be interested in some info on magblade healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:Scyantific's Scrub-Lord Stamina Sorcerer GuideTM Part I: Basics and Gear (no item farming required):siren:

Alright so I promised a more comprehensive newbie guide for Stam Sorc, and here it is. This guide is geared exclusively for the beginner player, and involves minimal grinding for Gear/Undaunted Sets (i.e. Spriggan/Red Mountain/Velidreth/etc), and any grinding will probably be for jewelry (once you hit Champion 160 anyway). However, it's still pretty good for a middle-of-the-road setup until you're fully kitted out in sweet Night Mother's Gaze/Vicious Ophidian gear. It'll be in parts so I don't overwhelm people with information Sooo, let's get down to the basics:

Race - Any stamina-based race will work fine, but in order of sheer effectiveness:
  • Khajiit - Possibly the single best race for nearly any stamina-based setup. Their innate crititcal rate bonus allows you to work with the Shadow mundus instead of the Thief, for better returns.
  • Redguard - Comes in at a very, very close second to Khajiit. The stamina return passive is still super effective even after it got nerfed
  • Imperial
  • Bosmer
  • Orc
  • Dunmer
  • Nord

General Info: - This is mostly the basics to get started with
  • Main Attribute: Stamina. All 64 points into Stamina
  • Mundus (Standing Stone) Boon: Thief (increased Critical Rating) or Shadow (Increased Critical Damage)
  • Armor Specialization: Medium Armor
  • Weapon Specializations: Dual Wield and Bow. Dual Wield will be your main DPS source, while Bow can be used to lay down some Damage over Time skills on your targets (Poison Injecton/Endless Hail) as well as being your buff bar.

Armor Setups: This is the fun part. Remember that none of this is written in stone, and you can test to your heart's content. However, do note that all of these armor sets are available as crafted sets, meaning that you can craft them yourself or have someone do it for you. It's great for beginners and those who are not ready to commit to a fully upgraded set of Legendary level gear for end-game content. Ideally, all armor traits will be Divines, and all weapon traits will be Sharpened; Armor should be enchanted with Max Stamina, and Weapons should have a combination of Berserker or Poison/Disease enchants. All values below are listed for Legendary level, Level 50 Champion Rank 160.
  • Armor/Weapon Sets - These are your craftable armor sets, and fill out all armor and weapon slots. Ideally you should be shooting for 5 pieces of either Hunding's Rage or Night Mother's Gaze (3 armor + 2 weapon/1 on bow bar), and 4 pieces of Kvatch Gladiator.
    • Night Mother's Gaze (6 Traits; Crafting Station located in The Rift/Bangkorai/Reaper's March) - Currently the Best In Slot armor set for PvE. Critical Hits reduce your enemy's armor rating by a set amount (does not stack).

• Hunding's Rage (6 Traits; Crafting Station located in The Rift/Bangkorai/Reaper's March) - A great general purpose set, and usually the armor set recommended for beginners and those with under 300 Champion Points. Adds a flat weapon damage bonus.

• Kvatch Gladiator (5 Traits; Crafting Station located in The Gold Coast, Dark Brotherhood DLC required) - not so much a full set, but one can opt to run a 4 piece setup on this to complement either Hunding's Rage or Night Mother's Gaze

• Jewelry Sets - While you can use any jewelry sets that provide bonuses to Stamina-based gameplay, these three sets can be slotted by themselves to get a full set (they contain 2-piece and 3-piece bonuses). You will want the Robust trait on all your jewelry.
    • Agility - Possibly the best 3-piece set for stamina setups, this set provides a massive bonus in both Stamina and Weapon Damage (about 150% better than other sets). This set can be found either in the Imperial City Vaults (Monster Tooth and Bloody Claw vaults) or as a reward from Daily Random Dungeons.

• Endurance - A lot of people knock this set because it doesn't provide any *decent* bonuses to Stamina, but it was the very first set I used on my sorc, and I found it to be pretty drat good. Instead of Stamina and Weapon damage, this set provides Health and Stamina Recovery, which allows for a bit more recklessness in overland content. Like the Agility set, this can be found in the Imperial City vaults (Planar Armor and Legion Mark vaults) or as a reward from doing Daily Random Dungeons.

• Vengeance of the Leech - My personal favorite 3-piece jewelry set. It's what I call "the poor man's Vicious Ophidian." Like Endurance, this set doesn't *seem* to provide any bonuses to stamina play, but it's true strength is in the sheer amount of self-sustain you'll have. Every killing blow you land automatically restores Health, Stamina, and Magicka, meaning you can go on longer before having to drink potions/ask for shards/ask for Repentance. It is absolutely wonderful for solo play, and I've found myself killing a group of mobs with little stamina left, and immediately watching my resources return to full in the blink of an eye. Highly Recommended. This set can be bought for AP (12,000 AP per container) in Cyrodiil, from the Bruma special gear vendor (yes, this requires some PvP), and comes in both Weapons and Jewelry. If anyone needs or wants this set, PvP Crew can provide some at minimal/low cost.

Here's a basic setup (was testing this in Maelstrom Arena earlier) using the only the sets listed above.

Ok, I heard from people that 2-Hander also works in PvE, can I try that?
While I'm not against people using 2-Hander in PvE content, I do feel the need to explain why Dual Wield is better than 2H
  • Dual Wield provides more overall Weapon Damage than a Two Handed weapon.
  • Dual wielding allows you to run one additional set piece, allowing for more armor set bonuses.
  • Dual Wield has passive abilities that deal more damage to lower health targets (aka execute bonuses), Two Handed requires an active skill for execution.
  • Dual Wield has an active skill that reduces AoE Damage and can grant a speed boost. 2 Handed gets a frontal cone AoE that gives a mediocre damage shield.
  • The Momentum/Rally skill is kinda redundant when you've got constant heals coming in from your Critical Surge class skill every second as well as a source of Major Brutality. The Rally burst heal is nice, but it's rendered kinda useless when you die from a one-shot, or miss the timing on the burst heal.
  • Animation weaving was kinda bonkered during a previous update, and for beginners, it can be much, much harder to weave a Light/Heavy attack between Uppercuts (2hander bread and butter DPS). Animation weaving with Dual Wield is far more forgiving.
  • 2 Handed gets a gap closer. Probably the only advantage it really has.

What about Sword and Board in PvE? Can I-
No. Sword and Board is for tanking. The last thing you want to do is gently caress up aggro from your tank in 4-man content and cause a wipe.

===================================================================================================

This about covers it for the basics and gear for Stamina Sorcerer. In my next post, I'll discuss skills and standard DPS rotations, and possibly additional armor sets (which require a bit of farming).

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I have never seen anyone else recommend Kvatch, but I ran it and loved it. It is also great if you deviate from Bow sometimes and use 2H (because giant honking weapons are still fun).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I only listed it because its one of the few craftable sets that offers weapon critical as part of its set bonuses. Beyond that I see very little use for it, honestly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah the 5pc is garbage compared to everything else, but if you just need to fill in gaps for a slight boost that's decent.

Thanks for the write-up Scy, looking forward to the Next Installment.

Also, any words on CP other than 100warlord/mooncalf, 100hardy/elemental defender, 100mighty? Curious where my other 100 blue points go, split thaum/precise/piercing? Referring to PvE since that's what you're talking about. Although words on PvP wouldn't be a bad thing, but my stamsorc is AD and I barely PvP anyway.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 10, 2017

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Seven on is over, I got the next seven days off. Calling poopsock crew...

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

sluggo is mad posted:

Seven on is over, I got the next seven days off. Calling poopsock crew...

I'm not quite at that point, but starting Sunday I am family free for a week. Next Friday is a holiday so office is closed and I'm going to take a day or two off as well.

Sock engaged.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
1 MILLION AP DOWN THE PISSER.

I did get a Sharpened Spriggan Sword and some Impen Spriggan/Red Mountain so I guess it was worth kind of worth, was really hoping for a better return with those Zone boxes though.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Bustycops posted:

1 MILLION AP DOWN THE PISSER.

I did get a Sharpened Spriggan Sword and some Impen Spriggan/Red Mountain so I guess it was worth kind of worth, was really hoping for a better return with those Zone boxes though.

Everyone is digging for weapons not only are they rare, getting a sharpened one involves some dark ritual. RIP your first born.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Ugh....I am so not looking forward to farming sharpened spriggan daggers again.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Zone bags are a loving AP sink and we all know it. That's why I usually run drop set jewelry + 2 body pieces and my weapons are usually some poo poo that I can farm in dungeons or craft myself.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5ynl0t/media_a_sneak_peek_of_cp_changes_that_might_come/

RIP Solo-play in CP PvP. That Siphoner passive is gonna destroy solo and small-scale PvP.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

quote:

Apparently all the Reduce Magicka/Stamina cost of abilities CP passives are gone and Increase Regen/Healing CP passives get reduced from 25% max to 15% max.

Also this is going to make things harder for PvE (especially stuff like vMA and probably every vet trial/dungeon), although I would HOPE they have some way to offset it and hopefully that way is not stat inflation.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I will say this though, this is a step in the right direction in terms of balancing. I always said it, that they need to balance Champion Points around the game, instead of balancing the game itself around Champion Points. The game stays static, CP will continue to increase.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Scyantific posted:

I will say this though, this is a step in the right direction in terms of balancing. I always said it, that they need to balance Champion Points around the game, instead of balancing the game itself around Champion Points. The game stays static, CP will continue to increase.

Agreed

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Look guys I ran into a poser/fengrush fanboy (the emperor costume gives it away)

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Look guys I ran into a poser/fengrush fanboy (the emperor costume gives it away)

:smith:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Which UI mod(s) is that?

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
OH MAN MIAT"S IS BACK!? And apparently more aids than ever, how did we miss this.

Brace yourselves the QQ is going to be ramping up to 11.

Bryaugh
Mar 7, 2004

edit: got it, thanks!

Bryaugh fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 11, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bustycops posted:

OH MAN MIAT"S IS BACK!? And apparently more aids than ever, how did we miss this.

Brace yourselves the QQ is going to be ramping up to 11.

It's already ramped up, theres like a 20 page thread on their forums complaining about it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://imgur.com/gallery/9h8in

Warden Skill Trees

Group Armor buffs, ally gap closers, and the loving bear gets a broken rear end execute.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Scyantific posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/9h8in

Warden Skill Trees

Group Armor buffs, ally gap closers, and the loving bear gets a broken rear end execute.

So I got all the mods from your previous picture (they were in the OP, durr), but which one is it right above the action bar that shows the time, the inventory space etc?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

So I got all the mods from your previous picture (they were in the OP, durr), but which one is it right above the action bar that shows the time, the inventory space etc?

Wykkyd Toolbar.
Attribute Bars and Group Frames are Foundry Tactical Combat.
The three bars above my attribute bars come from Buff Timers

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Wykkyd Toolbar.
Attribute Bars and Group Frames are Foundry Tactical Combat.
The three bars above my attribute bars come from Buff Timers

Awesome, thanks

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5yv5os/info_from_pax_east_about_the_future_of_pvp/

Info regarding the future of PvP. NoCP BG is being considered, and they're definitely looking at adding more incentives to dead areas of Cyrodiil/Imperial City.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Give us spears you lousy fucks jfc

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fuligin posted:

Give us spears you lousy fucks jfc

:eyepop:

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I'd rather a ranged weapon that isn't a staff/bow. I do agree that a new weapon shouldn't really be the priority at the moment though. After Morrowind though I'd like that to be something they start looking into.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

MF_James posted:

I'd rather a ranged weapon that isn't a staff/bow. I do agree that a new weapon shouldn't really be the priority at the moment though. After Morrowind though I'd like that to be something they start looking into.

I just want a magicka based melee weapon set

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Fried Sushi posted:

I just want a magicka based melee weapon set

Sword/rune or something was datamined, so we're possibly getting exactly that?

Personally, I'd love a barehanded skill set. Always thought classes that are more powerful with less equipment were neat, going back to the ninjas from the original Wizardry games, but that archetype seems counter to the whole MMO design philosophy. I haven't played FF11/14 but I imagine the monk classes in those use gloves/nunchaku.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Rollersnake posted:

Sword/rune or something was datamined, so we're possibly getting exactly that?

Personally, I'd love a barehanded skill set. Always thought classes that are more powerful with less equipment were neat, going back to the ninjas from the original Wizardry games, but that archetype seems counter to the whole MMO design philosophy. I haven't played FF11/14 but I imagine the monk classes in those use gloves/nunchaku.

EQ had a decent monk class, which I would also like. Sword/rune is probably right though. Spear animations already exist from the Templar and a spear would be cool.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

I haven't played FF11/14 but I imagine the monk classes in those use gloves/nunchaku.

They use mostly elaborate fist weapons in ff14 (and in wow) like these - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/?category2=1&category3=1 - though they can be hidden to appear barehanded

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Due to lack of interest, we're gonna put Progression Crew on hold for the moment. Taking a new approach to this in order to have a group ready for Halls of Fabrication.

Anyone who spoke to Dori or myself, please speak to us when you can so we can fill you in.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

Due to lack of interest, we're gonna put Progression Crew on hold for the moment. Taking a new approach to this in order to have a group ready for Halls of Fabrication.

Anyone who spoke to Dori or myself, please speak to us when you can so we can fill you in.

Hey, if you give me a desired spec for a support character I will work on building it and mastering the rotations when I get back in a week or so. Just tell me what would be most useful. My approach has been so scattered and exploratory that some focus would help me. I have liked playing my Magplar as an off healer with decent dps, focused on resource battery and general buffing support, but you may not need or want that. He can even run pretty well as an off tank. Let me know what would best serve. I have Magplar, Stamplar, MagDK, MagNB, Stamsorc all leveled with 500 something CP and could have StamDK in a few hours.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 13, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sogol posted:

Hey, if you give me a desired spec for a support character I will work on building it and mastering the rotations when I get back in a week or so. Just tell me what would be most useful. My approach has been so scattered and exploratory that some focus would help me. I have liked playing my Magplar as an off healer with decent dps, focused on resource battery and general buffing support, but you may not need or want that. He can even run pretty well as an off tank. Let me know what would best serve. I have Magplar, Stamplar, MagDK, MagNB, Stamsorc all leveled with 500 something CP and could have StamDK in a few hours.

Appreciate the intent but after 2 weeks of promoting this and only getting 2 interested responses from people who haven't done any vet endgame at all, I just figured that people are not interested whatsoever.

That or they don't want to run with someone (me) who's been painted as this supersperg demanding top-tier performance from the get-go by others in this thread. But I'm not gonna worry about that, Progression Crew is just gonna focus on working with the people who were actually interested.

E: Part II of stamsorc guide will be up today as well.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 13, 2017

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Hello!

Wanted to give a shout out to the goons that completed vHRC last night, many for the first time. Congrats!

For the goon progression group idea, I just wanted to touch on a couple of things/clear up some items:

Y u hate stam builds, y u do dis? Y r u racist against khajiit? You can absolutely DPS as a stam based toon in vet trials, up to and including HM vMOL. So why the cold shoulder for stam DPS? Well, the reason magicka DPS is tops right now is due to the fact that A) most are ranged (exception are most mDK and magplar builds, but both of which can absolutely be built as ranged only) which affords them an extra level of saftey, B) every magicka class has access to a powerful shield - Harness Magicka - which is literally a life saver in game in certain scenarios, and C) All magicka classes have insane AOE/Cleave damage thanks to their class AOE abilities, but also due to Elemental Rage (the destro ulti).

That all being said, bring your stam DPS toon if thats your strongest! Its all good! It is what progression is about!

Whats with the turbo sperg 20K DPS rule? Well, here is the honest thing. You can scrape by with less, as long as some of your other teammates are pouring out 35K+ with raid buffs. But that is beside the point. 20K * 8 is 160k DPS. The mage at the end of vAA has 69 million HP. Manti in vSO 38 million and change. Both have a DPS check where 25K is the minimum. No one wants to struggle though the bosses cause we don't have enough damage. That said, 20K DPS is pretty easy to achieve, and WE would love to help! Rotations, gear, buffs, ect, it all makes a difference. Keep in mind that if you want to parse, you will get ele drain or pierce armor (as both of these are up 100 percent of the time in vtrials) so you are not asked to go it alone.

Bruh, you have, like, less CP than my kid sister, lul get reckt son It is true, 360ish CP and counting. I came from a dark land of 30 FPS, no add ons, and a 99 percent CTD rate between rounds 6 and 7 of vMA. I, of course, mean Xbox. Still, we slugged through all vtrials (vMOL included) because we are colossal idiots.

Progression? So the reason we were looking for 12 core players is because the central idea behind progression is that all 12 players have the same role each time (at the beginning) and that all are comfortable with each others playstyle. It becomes second nature to know that player x will always know how to react and assist players y and z if a certain scenario occurs. When there is a failure, everyone is there to review and learn from it. Ain't no judgement or anger, everyone gets better, and you move forward. Eventually you pull in other players, start running multiply raids at the same time, and it spirals out of control until you are drinking your wife's Bud Lime-A-Rita while hiding under a blanket on the couch, too shaken to press the off button on your console.

WOO END GAME!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scyantific posted:

Appreciate the intent but after 2 weeks of promoting this and only getting 2 interested responses from people who haven't done any vet endgame at all, I just figured that people are not interested whatsoever.

That or they don't want to run with someone (me) who's been painted as this supersperg demanding top-tier performance from the get-go by others in this thread. But I'm not gonna worry about that, Progression Crew is just gonna focus on working with the people who were actually interested.

E: Part II of stamsorc guide will be up today as well.

I just hit 160 and im interested

where do i have to be gearwise before I can do a thing with you guys

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill work toward the 20k thing, I have no idea where I'm at just yet. I got my food buff, I still need to level alchemy and get my potion buff and work on my spelleweave I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Get a DPS meter, I think the one I use is built into foundry tactical combat add-on.

Then go beat up a dummy (@GamerGhoul) has one in front of his house by the hedge maze and you can see where you stand against that.