Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

ElMaligno posted:

Now that I posted my German motorcycle, please someone do the needful and post their japanese motorcycle for the trifecta. tia

Is that the 1200?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

not caring here posted:

Is that the 1200?

F700GS and its actually a really good city bike.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Also turned me on to Gary Clark Jr, which was awesome.

:discourse:

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I got up at 5:30 this morning to ride out 150 miles, get lunch and be back by noon. Except it has been raining all day and I've hit my quota for rain rides for a while.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I rode a 1200 and it was agile as gently caress so I can only imagine how handy that thing is in traffic.

^^^holy moly that's a space bike

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Professor Bling posted:

Spotify suggested Gary Clark Jr to me after I binged a bunch of Buddy Guy, but when I saw Guy live he had Johnny Lang open for him, and that white boy does a mean fuckin rendition of Lie To Me that started off acoustic before the entire band walked back out and joined in.

I swear, that whole concert was as close as I'll probably ever get to a religious experience.

Edit: ^^^^ my roommate rocks a Subaru project car and I've got the Mazda in my avatar, so I've been pushing him to buy a BMW bike so we can have the Axis powers in the garage

That sounds phenomenal. Also like Johnny Lang a bunch. Sounds like a great show.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I miss my Vstrom :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I know one of you is a fatass on a Goldwing who is it

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Holy poo poo the Stihl Timbersports are pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXkoZ3V-SjA&t=239s

Hands on the wood, indeed :gay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXkoZ3V-SjA&t=777s

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 12, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

ElMaligno posted:

Now that I posted my German motorcycle, please someone do the needful and post their japanese motorcycle for the trifecta. tia

2000 SV650 with 44k miles. I'm the third owner.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008
I have a mutant.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Lotta cool motorcycles itt

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Been seeing a lot more Honda DCT bikes around here lately. NoVA/DC traffic :negative:.

Per the one dude I talked to they are actually really nice, good in traffic, and fun when the time comes. You just have to get over other bike guys giving you poo poo for driving an automatic.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i hope you boys are wearing your ppe so you keep your guts inside ;-*

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

So pissed to be going from riding back to snow

edit: ug sorry for not making that a thumbnail, was phone posting and didn't realize how massive that pic was

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 12, 2017

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Buffalo leather and Kevlar, babe :grin:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

I took one look at the helmet I wore when I low-sided a 96 honda shadow in Arizona and decided that, if I ever rode again, I would wear all the PPE all the time no matter what. I got lucky and walked away with scrapes and bruises (I was riding with other people with a month's experience, stupid me). I'd rather my skin be hot and sweaty than on the pavement.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

ElMaligno posted:

Is a British bike close enough? This is mine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Zeris posted:

2000 SV650 with 44k miles. I'm the third owner.

Nice Nice...

Except now I have a hi-vis yellow helmet.

Flikken posted:

Is a British bike close enough? This is mine.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

in hindsight making WWII jokes on this day and age is pretty loving bad.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

blizzard warning for tuesday

guess i better go out today and fight for milk and bread

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm seriously out of shape, did a 7 mile hike through and up a nearby canyon with my son and a camelback strapped to my back. My calves feel like jello that is somehow burning

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

in hindsight making WWII jokes on this day and age is pretty loving bad.

Ohhhh, I thought you had something against Triumphs or Jaguars

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A vet friend of mine has USAA for car insurance and nothing else but he might be jumping ship for cheaper insurance and he has a question that seems really obvious but I don't know for sure. He's probably already figured it out but now I'm curious.

If he decides to go back to USAA in the future his DD214SMDFTB is enough right?

E: the reason I don't just ask him myself is because this was a post I saw on Facebook and I use "vet friend" interchangeably with "people I don't really want to talk to."

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 12, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol he really doesn't bank with them?

I'm guessing it won't be an issue at all and he'll be in the "system" etc

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm deathly terrified of motorcycles.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol he really doesn't bank with them?

I'm guessing it won't be an issue at all and he'll be in the "system" etc

Yeah, you get a member number, or they could probably look you up given your ssn or whatever.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

CommieGIR posted:

I'm more afraid of people that forget that motorcycle exists.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Motorcycles scare me. I'll continue to ride my leg powered bike on the roads and let you guys pass me within 6 inches going 50.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

MurderBot posted:

I'll continue to ride my leg powered bike on the roads and let you guys pass me within 6 inches going 50.

Interesting way to come out

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CommieGIR posted:

If you wanna change that you can always do the MSF basic rider courses that riders need to do to get their endorsements. It's a couple hundred bucks and you get to fart around on a bike for a day or 2 and if you lay a bike down it's no big deal.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

not caring here posted:

If you wanna change that you can always do the MSF basic rider courses that riders need to do to get their endorsements. It's a couple hundred bucks and you get to fart around on a bike for a day or 2 and if you lay a bike down it's no big deal.

also if you do this and decide to buy your first bike buy a cheap one because you will probably lay it down a few times

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

not caring here posted:

No, I can ride a motorcycle, I'm just afraid of things that require my attention and effort to balance. I'll stick to racing cars.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

CommieGIR posted:

No, I can ride a motorcycle, I'm just afraid of things that require my attention and effort to balance. I'll stick to racing cars.

If you are riding a motorcycle that constantly requires your attention and effort to balance, perhaps you got a poo poo motorcycle.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TBeats posted:

A vet friend of mine has USAA for car insurance and nothing else but he might be jumping ship for cheaper insurance and he has a question that seems really obvious but I don't know for sure. He's probably already figured it out but now I'm curious.

E: the reason I don't just ask him myself is because this was a post I saw on Facebook and I use "vet friend" interchangeably with "people I don't really want to talk to."

I recommend your friend do a little bit of research into people's satisfaction after filing claims with the new company. Geico in particular is pretty awful. There's probably a reason the insurance is so cheap.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

If you are riding a motorcycle that constantly requires your attention and effort to balance, perhaps you got a poo poo motorcycle.

Unless you are going 3mph your bike should balance itself.

So yeah a poo poo motorcycle.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That seems like a "bags of sand" kind of statement.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Who's the Chrysler of the motorcycle world? Harley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

TBeats posted:

USAA keeps your poo poo for-loving-ever.

Like, over a decade.

So he shouldn't have to worry, but 2 things. 1 - He should be banking with them unless he thinks he can't live without an actual brick and mortar bank. And 2:

Godholio posted:

I recommend your friend do a little bit of research into people's satisfaction after filing claims with the new company. Geico in particular is pretty awful. There's probably a reason the insurance is so cheap.

USAA has cheap rates and believe it or not, amazing insurance service for cars.

• Locked thread