Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kazanir posted:

Hello nerds. Today while stoned I realized that the spirit of LF/FYAD is a memetic virus which has infected our society via the vector of Twitter. Our mediocre late-stage capitalist society can't withstand weaponized shitposting and this is why Trump won and our society seems to be coming apart at the seams. (Note: I am a leftist, I'm just making extremely blazed observations.)

Upon mentioning this to a colleague of mine I was pointed to this place as the current best political thread on the Internet and I like this thread so far. I hear Baloogan loves nuclear war and that's my story so far. Ask me about how I counted Twitter coup on Freddie deBoer.

naw this is all pretty solid and real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you know in that one clip abeula seemed like she was trying desperately to sound even a little bit like obama especially with her pacing and inflection and the really sad part is that everyone has an idiot friend who can nail it perfectly but beltway veteran and policy wonk hillary rodham clinton just could not be assed to do it

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

black swan

if you aren't careful, i'm going to start spamming these forums with natalie portman, to compete against wynona rider propaganda

well, get to it, senator

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

black swan

if you aren't careful, i'm going to start spamming these forums with natalie portman, to compete against wynona rider propaganda

it's past 10p so u can prolly start with select scenes from the film Closer

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
my midldly autistic buddy rich is coming by tonight and im gonna take him to my local bar and chill with him

that bar has signs that say "two drink minimum" and that's it. like it doesnt specify if thats for cards or if everyone who steps foot in the door has to buy two drinks. im pretty sure nobody can legally make you drink and thats just the card minimum

he gets weirded out whenever we go there because it takes him a half hour dto dirnk a single miller lite (he smokes weed like a chimney though) and hes afraid the busy bartenders are actually coutning his drinks and timing him and waiting for the chance to kick him out. i keep telling him he as nothing to wrory about

actually i should just take him to the bar further down the street if it makse him that anxious

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/840671938104197120
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/840758800147722245

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lmao what is there to discuss

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

black swan

i think you should launch a pre emptive strike

we cannot allow a celeb gap

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

my midldly autistic buddy rich is coming by tonight and im gonna take him to my local bar and chill with him

that bar has signs that say "two drink minimum" and that's it. like it doesnt specify if thats for cards or if everyone who steps foot in the door has to buy two drinks. im pretty sure nobody can legally make you drink and thats just the card minimum

he gets weirded out whenever we go there because it takes him a half hour dto dirnk a single miller lite (he smokes weed like a chimney though) and hes afraid the busy bartenders are actually coutning his drinks and timing him and waiting for the chance to kick him out. i keep telling him he as nothing to wrory about

actually i should just take him to the bar further down the street if it makse him that anxious

on the one hand im sad ur autistic friend is upset by a sign and yeah you should probably just take him to another bar

on the other hand i originally misread this as your mildly autistic buddy is rich and was wondering why you were taking him to some local dive

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol srry spicey fuccboi but it couldn't be imagined that Obama could do business while outside then neither is it possible for Trump

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

dont believe my lying eyes?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

trump has already golfed more than obama

I DON'T CARE YOU LIBERAL SWINE

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

He's getting more exercise than he's ever had in his life lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

Just tell him that if they give him poo poo about it, you'll buy a third drink and tell them to credit it to your buddy

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i mean sure rich people talk rich people things over golf sure i buy that but what does that have to do with the fact that the dude is in fact playing golf in that picture what are you even doing spicey go home ur drunk

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

donald trump a bad man + lazy

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Clickbaity as all hell... but she actually makes some decent points

Trump won the primary by treating it like the reality tv show it is, which is pretty much the only thing Trump has ever been great at. JEB Bush was not good at it. Turns out Hillary wasn't either.

Reality TV did change America's relationship to television, and now we have the ultimate "I'm not here to make friends" rear end in a top hat as our commander-in-chief. We deserve nothing more.

That's what you think, just you wait until 2020! Slow and steady wins the race my friend!

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Addamere posted:

you know in that one clip abeula seemed like she was trying desperately to sound even a little bit like obama especially with her pacing and inflection and the really sad part is that everyone has an idiot friend who can nail it perfectly but beltway veteran and policy wonk hillary rodham clinton just could not be assed to do it

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kind of like how boomers are having to answer to millennials for....?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Just tell him that if they give him poo poo about it, you'll buy a third drink and tell them to credit it to your buddy

thats what i usually do i tell him "ive got youcovered severl time sover"

he is half-japanese and grew up there and speaks it fluently and hes gonna flip his poo poo when he sees i have yakuza 0. he used to bring really weird dvd rentals of japanese game shows over and watch them with me and his other buddies

like apparently its a thing in japan to have a token crossdresser or mtf transexual on one of those group commentary shows. like it's just expected that you will ahve one on the dais commetning on videos

also they had a game show where they trapped people in a school where they had to solve resident evil style puzzles while trying to avoid flocks of crossdressers stalked the halls chasing after them

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rather has actually been on quite an anti-Trump tear since the election

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Oh my God I just remembered that I read a Daily Stormer article today after Alana Levinson irony-RTed it into her feed because her article was being quoted. I clicked through because I'm incapable of not clicking things and read it and it was like, the most unbelievable purestrain poo poo I have consumed since the last time I read Freep, which has to be at least several years ago now.

I've been missing out this whole time. The world is doomed but I'm going to enjoy the shitposting in the meantime.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uhm i was in the republican primary when the dem quarantine broke that one time the guy made a post about literally wanting to gently caress abuela and this graph makes me not only remember that moment but feel somehow even worse in short gently caress you friend i hope you have a restful sleep :angel:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

he is half-japanese and grew up there and speaks it fluently and hes gonna flip his poo poo when he sees i have yakuza 0. he used to bring really weird dvd rentals of japanese game shows over and watch them with me and his other buddies

like apparently its a thing in japan to have a token crossdresser or mtf transexual on one of those group commentary shows. like it's just expected that you will ahve one on the dais commetning on videos

also they had a game show where they trapped people in a school where they had to solve resident evil style puzzles while trying to avoid flocks of crossdressers stalked the halls chasing after them

My god get that show to NCTV ASAP

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

:japan: BUT THEY CAN'T MAKE POKEMON GO TO THE POLLS

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Rather has actually been on quite an anti-Trump tear since the election

and yet he suffered consequences for reporting fake stuff

unlike TRUMP

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazanir posted:

Oh my God I just remembered that I read a Daily Stormer article today after Alana Levinson irony-RTed it into her feed because her article was being quoted. I clicked through because I'm incapable of not clicking things and read it and it was like, the most unbelievable purestrain poo poo I have consumed since the last time I read Freep, which has to be at least several years ago now.

I've been missing out this whole time. The world is doomed but I'm going to enjoy the shitposting in the meantime.

my dude have you heard of mark "master shake" levin

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

some people even still think the usa was ever the "world police" lol

The USA has the entire army of the world is basically a true statement.

If you disagree subtract all armies in the world from USA 1 to 1 and see whats left over.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Addamere posted:

uhm i was in the republican primary when the dem quarantine broke that one time the guy made a post about literally wanting to gently caress abuela and this graph makes me not only remember that moment but feel somehow even worse in short gently caress you friend i hope you have a restful sleep :angel:

thats an extremely woke twitter guy thing to post lmao

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kazanir posted:

welcome home son

:cry:

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Addamere posted:

lol i honestly have no idea what event this post references

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
oh gently caress we watched like 8 episodes of this one showe were like 30 people go into a giant remake of a feudal era japanese town and everyone starts off with one dodge ball. like the dodgeballs had holls in them like giant whiffle balls and you ahd to make tactical decisions like throw your ball or use your ball to block a ball and then throw it and poo poo

and every minute you were alive you got money and you fcould find extra balls or paarticipate in mini games to get more balls or even hire your own personal ninja body guard. some of which came with giant chainw eapons (like the girl who led the crazy 88) with a giant baloon ball at the end they could use infinitey

it was a pretty cool show and the best one he brought over because he didnt have to translate for us. every time he had to trnaslate for us hed do it for like 5 minutes then get completely engrossed in the show and wed have to be like, "Rich, ou brought this and we have no idea what's going on" to reboot him.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

he's clearly sitting in the oval office meeting with his top advisors hard at work on critical issues, how could you see anything different?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

cumshitter posted:

holy poo poo, this is hot af

we need to import that poo poo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

black swan

be the change

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DrPlump posted:

The USA has the entire army of the world is basically a true statement.

If you disagree subtract all armies in the world from USA 1 to 1 and see whats left over.

Maybe in terms of money? But a lot of that is, well, to be honest, graft. Not saying that, say, China or Russia gets a 1 to 1 value on the money they spend on defense, but if you're counting army mans and tanks and planes the US will rapidly run out while the rest of the world is going strong.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
bought some Yoo-hoo and gently caress I forgot how good this stuff is

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

punchymcpunch posted:

be the change

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Yinlock posted:

banks getting bailed out then immediately turning around and doing the same poo poo that got them in trouble in the first place was the worst

my favorite was the big fat bonuses they immediately payed themselves after receiving bailout money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
https://twitter.com/BenSasse/status/840706994558373889

• Locked thread