Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

TheRat posted:

Wow. Mods?

To be fair you did have to stop to shoot at things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

Wow. Mods?

well post a shaper and uber vid then :colbert:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seasonal "What is the current overpowered build with which someone who's awful in this game can kill Shaper?"

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

Ok so I have a 3,4Ghz i7 920 and a gtx 970. FPS and frametimes were piss poor on breaches etc. Multithread on, dx11 beta on.

I went to look for more tweaks and found a "--experimental-frame-optimizations" comandline parameter. For some reason frametimes are now smooth no matter how much crap at screen. 2.3.3 patch notes said the optimizations should have been enabled by default in 2.4.. and it's 2.6 now. What gives? Is my .ini/settings hosed because they didn't work automatically?

Anyways, praise Chris for making poe smooth again with this one weird trick.

I just did this and I now can play Tul and Esh breaches without going into single digit FPS, it's amazing. Thanks for the tip!

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Picked up a rare helm with close to triple 40% elemental resists, but the prefixes are crap and no space for a life mod. Is this worth hanging on to long enough for the level 8 master craft to protect suffixes and reroll the prefixes?
Is it even possible to do that on an item with 6 affixes already?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

animatorZed posted:

Is it even possible to do that on an item with 6 affixes already?

No.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Elentor posted:

Seasonal "What is the current overpowered build with which someone who's awful in this game can kill Shaper?"

Blade vortex, warchief totems, HoWa, ball lightening, ED... there's plenty of "op" builds right now but nothing really stands out like some builds have in the past. Shaper takes a lot of currency still. There's nothing like bladefall mines of the old days which could farm under atziri with a tabula.

As far as I know anyway.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

10bux posted:

Blade vortex, warchief totems, HoWa, ball lightening, ED... there's plenty of "op" builds right now but nothing really stands out like some builds have in the past. Shaper takes a lot of currency still. There's nothing like bladefall mines of the old days which could farm under atziri with a tabula.

As far as I know anyway.

Well, scorching ray can technically farm shaper with a tabula.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Well, scorching ray can technically farm shaper with a tabula.

Ok we have a winner. What is scorching ray and what is a build for it?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Elentor posted:

Ok we have a winner. What is scorching ray and what is a build for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Vh3yFx-EY

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Holy poo poo poe.trade is running slow today. I sold some maps, went and did the entirety of uber lab, and back in my hideout people were still whispering me about those maps.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

amazeballs posted:

Holy poo poo poe.trade is running slow today. I sold some maps, went and did the entirety of uber lab, and back in my hideout people were still whispering me about those maps.
Yep it's REALLY bad.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Trading is a fun experience.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Someone make a goon.trade please.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Eezee posted:

Someone make a goon.trade please.

Yeah and make it faster than poe.trade thanks.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Let me tell you about fun experiences. RNG really hates me today.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
What time do weekend sales usually end? I'd like to pick up some stash tabs but I'll be away from home until Sunday night.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think they go until the reset on monday

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Been having fun with a facebreaker slayer today. Went back and forth on shield charge vs ice crash, then a goon gave me the idea of "why not both?" So now I'm running Shield Charge, Ice Crash, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical, Fortify and Added Fire on a tabula. Working out pretty well, shield charge kills 90% of the chaff, and the wheat falls over with ice crashing.

Also, ghostflame herald of ash is pretty :3:

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Getting extremely frustrated with the Atlas progression this league. The only T8 map I have completed is Pier, and Pier doesn't connect to any T9s, so I can't progress that way. I've currently run 44 T7 maps that are adjacent to T8s I don't have yet, but none of those T8s will drop. I've gotten 13 Piers and nothing else. I'm almost level 88 and simply can't progress at all.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Man I had a dumb cool idea for a KOTF variant using a CI occultist and then I got home and remembered Cospri's Will is pure EV not EV/ES and thus you probably won't have anywhere near enough ES to make a good pool with it :(

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Xequecal posted:

Getting extremely frustrated with the Atlas progression this league. The only T8 map I have completed is Pier, and Pier doesn't connect to any T9s, so I can't progress that way. I've currently run 44 T7 maps that are adjacent to T8s I don't have yet, but none of those T8s will drop. I've gotten 13 Piers and nothing else. I'm almost level 88 and simply can't progress at all.

Time to buy maps

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Today I switched from Chieftain to Berserker. Not a wise choice.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Duck and Cover posted:

Today I switched from Chieftain to Berserker. Not a wise choice.

What build? I'm still debating going CI occultist for BV versus life berserker. Could turn my marauder into a warchief guy if I did reroll though

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Perandus sold me a The Goddess Bound for like 50 coins, which is insanely cheap, and now I upgraded it into The Goddess Scorned and it is being kind of a game-changer at level 33. Essence/Strongbox/Perandus runs are being drat fantastic so far.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Xequecal posted:

unless you're SSF you're being a masochist for no reason, buy maps

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Ok ok. So, what if you went berserker wither-firestorm... but CI? http://poeurl.com/baba

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Listen you just gotta bootstrap yourself to money

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ciaphas posted:

Been having fun with a facebreaker slayer today. Went back and forth on shield charge vs ice crash, then a goon gave me the idea of "why not both?" So now I'm running Shield Charge, Ice Crash, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical, Fortify and Added Fire on a tabula. Working out pretty well, shield charge kills 90% of the chaff, and the wheat falls over with ice crashing.

Also, ghostflame herald of ash is pretty :3:

Do you have a link to your build?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

What build? I'm still debating going CI occultist for BV versus life berserker. Could turn my marauder into a warchief guy if I did reroll though

Pure fire iron commander siege ballista totems with a taming/emberwake. Pretty sure my dps is lower, as well as losing all the survivability taunts/leech gave me.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 12, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jinnigan posted:

Ok ok. So, what if you went berserker wither-firestorm... but CI? http://poeurl.com/baba

CI can't take savage blows, because you never lose life.

J
Jun 10, 2001

So it does exist

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lechtansi posted:

Do you have a link to your build?

Character CiaphasFB, though I haven't made it to A4M yet so no guarantees I'm doing anything right :v:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Goa Tse-tung posted:

CI can't take savage blows, because you never lose life.

You lose life on CI when you die though :v:

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

J posted:

So it does exist

Isn't 100c rather cheap?

Edit: oh, I see. No fire damage.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

i can still taste him posted:

Isn't 100c rather cheap?

Apparently the guy sold it for 6ex, but he could have also gotten some RMT for it on the DL.

I lucked out and got a Relic version of Aegis Aurora. Is there a good build that can use it or should I just sell it for ~4ex?

moush fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 12, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i can still taste him posted:

Isn't 100c rather cheap?

Still absurdly cheap, it was scam or RMT.

Xequecal posted:

Just buy maps.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

100c for a legacy kaoms is literal absurdity.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

gently caress. I'm playing a pure evasion/Acrobatics character, and I just realized I'm eventually going to need 3 red sockets and 2 blue sockets on my armor, possibly more. Maaaybe I can pull it off with an armor/evasion chest? Like Lightning Coil? Or maybe Daresso's Defiance for the Immortal Call support, hmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

gently caress. I'm playing a pure evasion/Acrobatics character, and I just realized I'm eventually going to need 3 red sockets and 2 blue sockets on my armor, possibly more. Maaaybe I can pull it off with an armor/evasion chest? Like Lightning Coil? Or maybe Daresso's Defiance for the Immortal Call support, hmm...

or a corrupted 6l, there are some funky off colors for cheap by now

• Locked thread