Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

:lol: I really hope he's a Hawk now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The hell would the Seahawks with AP? They're already got Rawls and Procise. I guess they're expecting another season where everyone gets injured.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The hell would the Seahawks with AP? They're already got Rawls and Procise. I guess they're expecting another season where everyone gets injured.

Both of those guys are super young and have missed significant time from injuries already

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

:lol: I really hope he's a Hawk now.

An Atlanta Hawk. He's short but can give them some fouls off the bench to rest their big guys.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

An Atlanta Hawk. He's short but can give them some fouls off the bench to rest their big guys.

That's fine, Dwight Howard would make a great RT.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Zifnab posted:

Both of those guys are super young and have missed significant time from injuries already

Better get an old guy who has missed significant time from injury then

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
See also: Jamaal Charles

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Charles fits the offense way better than Petersen anyway. I thought Seattle wasn't interested. May be a sign they won't be signing Lang if they bring him in, they won't be able to afford both.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Intruder posted:

Better get an old guy who has missed significant time from injury then

:agreed:

At his age AP is like 99% sure to suck out loud now.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sean10mm posted:

:agreed:

At his age AP is like 99% sure to suck out loud now.

But think of the veteran presence! He can whip those young backs into shape

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

NickRoweFillea posted:

But think of the veteran presence! He can whip those young backs into shape
:golfclap:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Grittybeard posted:

Hm this has me thinking. You guys agree that LeBron would be the best TE of all time if he switched, right??

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I'm surprised John Hankins didn't get a decent deal. He was playing out of position last year because the Giants signed Snacks, he should be playing NT and he's pretty good at it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Kim Jong Il posted:

I'm surprised John Hankins didn't get a decent deal. He was playing out of position last year because the Giants signed Snacks, he should be playing NT and he's pretty good at it.

I'm guessing NT dominoes start to fall once Poe signs, I definitely hope the Colts go after Hankins if they don't get Poe.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Kalli posted:

Since I'm hearing rumors he's going to re-sign with the Patriots, I'm going to get what would be my FA hot take out now re-Hightower.

He should get as much money as possible, because for as good as he is, he's been injured a bunch, and we saw what happened to poor Jerod Mayo after a few years of injuries.

I agree. As much as I think Hightower's leadership is important for the defense and want him to stay, his injury history is troublesome and he should try and get as much as he can while he can. Conversely, I don't want the Pats to sell the moon for him because he can't stay on the field for 16 games.

He should come in for 10 or 11 million a year I think. 12 maybe. More than that let him walk.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Nashville Hot Chicken Reels in Big Fish

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/840953498200084480

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That hip apparently took him off a few boards

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

The Big Jesus posted:

Hm this has me thinking. You guys agree that LeBron would be the best TE of all time if he switched, right??

He has always maintained that he would play QB and I'm certain he would be drat good at it. Not sure if he'd be better worse or equal to Cam, but I think their game would be very similiar.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

He has always maintained that he would play QB and I'm certain he would be drat good at it. Not sure if he'd be better worse or equal to Cam, but I think their game would be very similiar.

If his football iq is as high as his basketball iq he'd be Brady-esque

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

I'm guessing NT dominoes start to fall once Poe signs, I definitely hope the Colts go after Hankins if they don't get Poe.

I don't think Ballard is letting Poe leaving without a contract. At least that's what everything I'm reading is saying.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The only free agent signing the panthers made that im happy about is Captain Munnerlyn. Also getting rid of Ealy if you count that.

the rest was just feel good pablum for the bleating carolinahuddle crowd

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Lebron would be QB/coach/GM of the Cowboys and run the NFC for a decade going 4-6 in the Super Bowl against the Pats/Steelers/Peytons

In this alternate reality Cooper Manning is the Knicks best player

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/MikeMcCartney7/status/840968994559541248

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh drat!

Nice. Nice.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bob Quinn: Doin' Thangz

I would imagine that Laken Tomlinson will be up on the trading block, soon.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I hope Lang works out! :lol: Seahawks line.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

schweens posted:

In this alternate reality Cooper Manning is the Knicks best player

To be honest that'd probably still be the case in this reality.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Nick Mangold Sebastian Volmer John Sullivan Top-SPARQ-rated UDFA D-line Conversion will solve all their O-line problems, have no fear.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Coldforge posted:

Nick Mangold Sebastian Volmer John Sullivan Top-SPARQ-rated UDFA D-line Conversion will solve all their O-line problems, have no fear.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Coldforge posted:

Hey they signed a former #2 overall pick, that should solve everything.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PFT so could be total bullshit but

quote:

So when did the Texans decide it was time to move on from quarterback Brock Osweiler despite a contract that pays $16 million guaranteed in 2017? The decision was made in the aftermath of an incident that occurred on the first day of the calendar year.

January 1. Texans at Titans. Backup-turned-starter Tom Savage took a hit on a quarterback sneak during the first play of the second quarter and was removed for a concussion evaluation. Starter-turned-backup Brock Osweiler entered the game.

Confusion emerged during the second quarter as to whether Savage had been cleared to return to action. At halftime, Savage got the news: He was being shut down for the day.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Savage became very upset, knocking things around in the locker room and otherwise making a ruckus about having his status jeopardized by a doctor’s decision to keep him from playing. At or about the same time, coach Bill O’Brien informed Osweiler that he’d be finishing the game.

Osweiler, per the source, reacted negatively, telling O’Brien in the visiting coach’s office at Nissan Stadium in Nashville that he’s only playing Osweiler because O’Brien needs him. [Editor’s note: That’s sort of how football depth charts work.] An argument ensued, voices were raised. At one point, it’s believed that Osweiler got up to walk away and O’Brien threw out an arm to stop him. That prompted Osweiler to act as if he were being “held hostage,” a claim that he would repeat (per the source) in the days after the game.

And that was that for Osweiler in Houston. Following that incident, the team was determined to find a way to move on from him.

Rumors of an incident of some sort had been percolating for weeks. Both O’Brien and Osweiler downplayed talk of a loud argument in the days after the game. Following the hot potato trade that sent Osweiler and a second-round pick to Cleveland, former NFL defensive back Bryant McFadden said in an appearance on 120 Sports that Osweiler and O’Brien had a “physical confrontation that got ugly.”

“It was physical,” McFadden said. “It was physical. The players and coaches had to restrain O’Brien and Brock.”

Both the Texans and Osweiler’s agent, Jimmy Sexton, declined to comment on McFadden’s claims. Based on the information PFT has obtained, it seems that the incident was mildly physical at worst.

Consider it objectively. Osweiler is six-seven, and he was wearing full pads. O’Brien is considerably shorter than that and, unlike the conventional game-day attire in baseball, was not wearing pads and a uniform.

Whatever did (or didn’t) happen between the two of them, Osweiler’s perceived overreaction to the incident was, we’re told, the moment the Texans decided to move on from Osweiler.

lol if true

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/12/week-17-altercation-was-last-straw-for-texans-and-osweiler/

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Weird. Probably fits Bowles scheme better than Harris but still strange to see them in on an expensive ILB.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/840980017005940736

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I prefer to believe that it's true

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

This is now canon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Reading that caused me to rewatch the Savage-led comeback against the Jags (well, a video that was every throw he made that is) and man... dude is not very good. I remember being impressed by him at the time but I must have been so sick of Brock that I let it cloud what I was seeing

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/AdemSchafter/status/840982633546940416

Shameful that people are trying to parody Adarn Schefter now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

May you live your life with the confidence and self assurance of Brock Osweiler.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Brock was mad because they were only playing him because the starter was out when he was the backup? Makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shangri-Law School posted:

Sigh. Yep.

Really bad year to have no viable OTs in the draft.

• Locked thread