Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

universe 7 sucks because majin buu destroyed half of it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I can't imagine Vegeta would willingly wear that shirtless getup

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

universe 7 sucks because majin buu destroyed half of it lol

Also Broly destroyed 1/4 of it too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Adder Moray posted:

No arguments here. But he manifests his laziness in only bothering to destroy world's that annoy him. And Shin's only incompetent because Beerus didn't bother to destroy the existential threat that killed the guy who was supposed to teach him how to do his job.

I wonder if Beerus is aware of how close he's come to dying on numerous occasions.

I mean we know from Trunk's timeline that the sealed elder doesn't count as a backup.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rodyle posted:

I wonder if Beerus is aware of how close he's come to dying on numerous occasions.

I mean we know from Trunk's timeline that the sealed elder doesn't count as a backup.

sealed elder died when the sword was petrified and shattered I think

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
The whole pantheon of Universe 7 is terrible.
Kami-sama wanted to be god so hard that end up creating Piccolo, he also created the Dragon Balls that were responsible for more trouble than benefits, and when he planned to retire he wanted Goku (of all people) to assume his place.
Western Kaio despite having trained half of the Z Warriors only manage to teach the Kaio-ken and the Genki-dama to only one person (Goku again) and he manage to be dead for the last few years.
Grand Kai... ...why this guy even exist?
Shin is incompetent as hell, he and the other Supreme Kais could not handle a simple stupid pink demon.
Old Kai managed to be fused with an old witch by accident and be sealed within a sword for years only to be released by chance.
Beerus is just lazy.
Saiyans have an artificial god.
Really Universe 7 deserve to be erased.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Quack posted:

Grand Kai... ...why this guy even exist?

I feel like the celestial bureaucracy follows the same byzantine multi-layered management approach as a large Japanese corporation. Grand Kai is a pointless middle-manager, trying not to be noticed too much.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Vegeta will train to become the next God of Destruction, only to be stopped by Arale the Invincible. Whis will have no choice but to deny his promotion after Vegeta gets head-butted around the globe. Then, Bulma will easily de-activate Arale, earning her the right to become the the next God of Destruction.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 12, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The joke about the cosmology in Dragon Ball is that it's bluntly the Chinese traditional bureaucratic setup.

Supreme Kai is the last of the Universe 7 Branch's middle managers.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

So the whole thing about the Battle Royal time limit being 48 minutes just makes me think that the final episode is going to be an "hour" special of 48 minutes of pure fighting. But then I have no idea if double-length specials are a thing in Japan.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's such a shame they squeezed the whole conclusion of the Namek saga into just 5 minutes.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jedah posted:

Vegeta will train non-stop

No he won't. He has other priorities.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/patepote61/status/840213290806534146

Finally, a video game that lets me roleplay Mercenary Tao.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

So the whole thing about the Battle Royal time limit being 48 minutes just makes me think that the final episode is going to be an "hour" special of 48 minutes of pure fighting. But then I have no idea if double-length specials are a thing in Japan.

48 minutes converted to Dragonball time is roughly 68.5 episodes.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

sassassin posted:

It's such a shame they squeezed the whole conclusion of the Namek saga into just 5 minutes.

Ha ha. Yeah I know tv can stretch or shrink time as much as they want but I just find the whole 48 minutes aka the length of two episodes to be pretty on the nose, as it were.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

sassassin posted:

No he won't. He has other priorities.

You're probably right. Goku is leveling up and Vegeta is gonna have a lot of catching up to do. Toppo said "Slay Evil Immediately" just like Saitō Hajime, so he could be the real deal.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Observation: Bergamo would have beaten Golden Freeza. Probably realtively easily.

Freeza tends to gently caress around with his opposition when they're weaker than him. By the time he realized he was just making him stronger, he'd be running low on gold. Given that Bergamo was tough enough to take a KKx10SSJGSSJ (jeez that acornym) kamehameha, post a significant amount of training on Goku's part, and still be conscious, I don't think Freeza puts him down once he gets serious about doing it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

Observation: Bergamo would have beaten Golden Freeza. Probably realtively easily.

Freeza tends to gently caress around with his opposition when they're weaker than him. By the time he realized he was just making him stronger, he'd be running low on gold. Given that Bergamo was tough enough to take a KKx10SSJGSSJ (jeez that acornym) kamehameha, post a significant amount of training on Goku's part, and still be conscious, I don't think Freeza puts him down once he gets serious about doing it.

I hope Bergamo can breath space dust.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Adder Moray posted:

It wasn't x10, it was just a regular one.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

StrifeHira posted:

It wasn't x10, it was just a regular one.

still, regular kaioken ssb is way more than gokes did to frieza. then again, bergamo got 1-hit KO after ssb and was only really fighting super saiyan well so maybe he''d just pass out from golden frieza too

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

still, regular kaioken ssb is way more than gokes did to frieza. then again, bergamo got 1-hit KO after ssb and was only really fighting super saiyan well so maybe he''d just pass out from golden frieza too

Golden Freeza was way, WAY stronger than Goku at SSB, to the point he was loving around. That's what cost him the fight, and why Vegeta didn't want to get involved to begin with.

Goku could have likely beaten wolf boy with just SSJ2 or 3, maybe even as just a SSJ. Once Goku went SSJ the fight ended, Goku was just feeding him more and more power.

Goku was also holding back so as not to kill the guy.

The real question is if Freeza would even need to go Golden to compete with Wolf boy. I don't think he would. After awhile of letting him go super giant, Freeza would just shoot out his heart.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Burkion posted:

Golden Freeza was way, WAY stronger than Goku at SSB, to the point he was loving around. That's what cost him the fight, and why Vegeta didn't want to get involved to begin with.

Way way stronger than a SSB Goku who was SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than the one we have now. Remember that between Freeza and now Goku trained in the ROSAT with Vegeta for a year. Then they got even more powerful during the Zamasu arc. Goku is well, well beyond where he was fighting Golden Freeza.

Burkion posted:

Goku could have likely beaten wolf boy with just SSJ2 or 3, maybe even as just a SSJ. Once Goku went SSJ the fight ended, Goku was just feeding him more and more power.

Absolutely could have

Burkion posted:

Goku was also holding back so as not to kill the guy.

The real question is if Freeza would even need to go Golden to compete with Wolf boy. I don't think he would. After awhile of letting him go super giant, Freeza would just shoot out his heart.

I'd argue that there is a significant difference between not dying and still being on his feet and conscious enough to chastise Goku before passing out after eating a Kamehameha from him at KKBlue. It's not like he was producing a level of damage he was capable of at a lower power level, or else if he wanted to hold back to not kill him he could have just done that. That's some durability.

As for Freeza just shooting his heart out? Doubtful. When has Freeza ever been the type to finish someone quick. You were JUST talking about how he was loving around against the first guy to beat him. What makes you think he wouldn't gently caress around against Sonic Puppy too long and take a severe beating for it?

Rutibex posted:

I hope Bergamo can breath space dust.

This, however, is pretty likely.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Frieza won Resurrection F. I don't know why everyone gives that win to Goku, if Whis hadn't interfered Friezas plans would have worked out just fine. Everyone on Earth would be dead, and he would be alive.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

As for Freeza just shooting his heart out? Doubtful. When has Freeza ever been the type to finish someone quick. You were JUST talking about how he was loving around against the first guy to beat him. What makes you think he wouldn't gently caress around against Sonic Puppy too long and take a severe beating for it?

One important reason. Puppers wouldn't be interesting enough to gently caress around with.

Freeza made a point of playing with SSB Goku because of their past history. When they first fought, Freeza tried to kill Goku several times, Goku only managed to survive through sheer force of will and grit most of them.

When Freeza is pissed off? He stops screwing around. If Puppers starts to prove that he's anything resembling a threat, he's dead. Remember what Freeza did after getting hit by the Spirit Bomb- he shot Piccolo through the heart and blew Krillin the gently caress up, without any fanfare. He was done with their poo poo.

Puppers starts to become annoying, he's dead.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

One important reason. Puppers wouldn't be interesting enough to gently caress around with.

Freeza made a point of playing with SSB Goku because of their past history. When they first fought, Freeza tried to kill Goku several times, Goku only managed to survive through sheer force of will and grit most of them.

When Freeza is pissed off? He stops screwing around. If Puppers starts to prove that he's anything resembling a threat, he's dead. Remember what Freeza did after getting hit by the Spirit Bomb- he shot Piccolo through the heart and blew Krillin the gently caress up, without any fanfare. He was done with their poo poo.

Puppers starts to become annoying, he's dead.

Yet Frieza continued to gently caress around after getting his tail cut off by Krillin, and beaten down solidly by Piccolo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rutibex posted:

Frieza won Resurrection F. I don't know why everyone gives that win to Goku, if Whis hadn't interfered Friezas plans would have worked out just fine. Everyone on Earth would be dead, and he would be alive.

Because Whis did intervene and there is no reason to arbitrarily discount what happened to give an imaginary win to someone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

Yet Frieza continued to gently caress around after getting his tail cut off by Krillin, and beaten down solidly by Piccolo.

He was never in any danger at those points.

He was pissed off because Krillin gave him a superficial injury, and Piccolo never managed to do much more than match his second form. Freeza at full power is so far beyond his first form that it's mind boggling. A superficial injury that was instantly fixed by the time he went into his third form.

The only time Freeza's life was in danger up until SSJ Goku happened was the spirit bomb. Everything else he was able to handle with ease and zero worry, not even going up to 50% of his true power. The Spirit Bomb was the thing that almost actually killed him, and the only thing he had to worry about.

What happened after that? He got pissed off and went to work. Would have killed Gohan dead as well if Goku didn't stop him. Not in the filler, but when Gohan first flies off- Freeza is just gonna blow him up, but Goku gets in the way.

The wolf guy is a nonthreat to Freeza. The only time he'd be a threat, if he kept getting stronger from being pummeled, he takes care of himself because by that point he's too big to properly fight Freeza. Freeza, even at 100% super muscle form, is incredibly fast and agile.

The Furries just sucked.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My point is, Frieza did not lose because of his own poor planning. All of his plans worked. Frieza didn't not lose to Goku, he lost to Whis, and thats not something he could have planned for. Even after Frieza was "exhausted" he was able to disintegrate the Earth in an instant (way faster than he was able to before). He knew he could take them by surprise by blowing up the Earth fast, and he was right.

Burkion posted:

He was never in any danger at those points.

He was pissed off because Krillin gave him a superficial injury, and Piccolo never managed to do much more than match his second form. Freeza at full power is so far beyond his first form that it's mind boggling. A superficial injury that was instantly fixed by the time he went into his third form.

The only time Freeza's life was in danger up until SSJ Goku happened was the spirit bomb. Everything else he was able to handle with ease and zero worry, not even going up to 50% of his true power. The Spirit Bomb was the thing that almost actually killed him, and the only thing he had to worry about.

What happened after that? He got pissed off and went to work. Would have killed Gohan dead as well if Goku didn't stop him. Not in the filler, but when Gohan first flies off- Freeza is just gonna blow him up, but Goku gets in the way.

Yeah, on second thought thats true. Even if Krillin had cut Frieza in half, he could have just transformed and regenerated himself.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 12, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

My point is, Frieza did not lose because of his own poor planning. All of his plans worked. Frieza didn't not lose to Goku, he lost to Whis, and thats not something he could have planned for. Even after Frieza was "exhausted" he was able to disintegrate the Earth in an instant (way faster than he was able to before). He knew he could take them by surprise by blowing up the Earth fast, and he was right.

By that logic Goku lost to the dweeb with the laser thingy, not Frieza.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Andrast posted:

By that logic Goku lost to the dweeb with the laser thingy, not Frieza.

Or that Frieza didn't plan for Whis so his plan was doomed from the start.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Look man I beat a grandmaster in chess. He was about to checkmate me then I flipped the table.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Adder Moray posted:

Way way stronger than a SSB Goku who was SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than the one we have now. Remember that between Freeza and now Goku trained in the ROSAT with Vegeta for a year. Then they got even more powerful during the Zamasu arc. Goku is well, well beyond where he was fighting Golden Freeza.

According to the creators Golden Freeza was still stronger then SSB Goku during the Zamasu Arc.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Golden Freeza is stupid.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The point is that Freiza is the punchmans equivalent of a rich jock who never had to work a lick in his life for what he has and he's too loving dumb to actually succeed instead of just treating it like it was a personal stage show and this is why he will die forever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Golden Freeza is stupid.

All of the best things in Dragon ball are stupid.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sometimes stupid is just stupid.

I enjoyed RoF for what it was but realtalk it is lame that they reintroduced Freeza like that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope we get Golden Frost.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Since Goku has the bad habit of somehow slowly dragging everyone and everything around him up to the next level I wouldn't be surprised, especially when the motivation is oblivion for all existence

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Freeza sucks because he doesn't have friends or "Nakama," so he will lose against those who actually do. Or to a teenager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Freeza's best friend was Captain Ginyu and he's dead now.

• Locked thread