Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gonna play this game

and i'm gonna ENJOY it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Turbl posted:

CC lookin good

I'm no longer worried about this game. Real excited to see what this Ryders dad looks like

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Deakul posted:

gonna play this game

and i'm gonna ENJOY it

Enjoy breaking it or just playin?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I'm no longer worried about this game. Real excited to see what this Ryders dad looks like

Disappointed probably

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

I hope that too, but I find that having low expectations for video games is pretty much always good.

I find that not taking things super badly if things don't turn out the way my imagination builds them up to be works, too.

I realize that's not for everyone.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

so let me get this straight

can't rename NPC weapons
can't have different kinds of boots on at the same time
janky breathing animations
can't wear two jetpacks
the Mako's AI is childish and won't go on planets unless you find its "soft socks" which are in a different place every time
game still has polygons (!) in 2017(!!)

it's like they don't even know their audience

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
game lookin bad

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127962598?t=07m43s

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
at the end of the day, err on the side of remembering that EA is attached to this imo

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
bioware is bad now.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

jesus

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Eh, it looks like up-rezed and smoother ME3 to me

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Five years with a likely huge budget, though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

those eyes are really boring into my soul

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Apparently Bioware sent out review copies.
But they really have no confidence in this game.

skooky
Oct 2, 2013
game look poo poo

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Apparently Bioware sent out review copies.
But they really have no confidence in this game.

I don't think Bioware's had a game that's (professionally) reviewed badly yet. I want demo reports.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kavak posted:

I don't think Bioware's had a game that's (professionally) reviewed badly yet. I want demo reports.
We'll have the demo/trial/whatever on Tuesday yea. The professional and on-the-ground reports from PAX about MP have been positive though, so I'm now in the 'reasonably optimistic' camp.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i wouldn't super trust professional game reviewers, i mean just this week the IGN guy who gave the Switch 7/10 got the sack

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i came here to NOOT at you

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Oh I see the issue now. They did the facial motion capture from ducks instead of people.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I know some people ITT (myself included), signed up for the Origin Access thing to get to try the game a few days earlier. Those people will probably give some kind of feedback about whether game is good/bad/mediocre.

Honestly, I think the game will be overall a positive experience, with a great multiplayer mode, with some specific Bioware things that people will be subjective about (Whedon-esque humor, poor animations, crafting/gathering). We'll see in 4 days.

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006

NOOT NOOT

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

:gary:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Gonna remake Sara Ryder like Ashley was. Unrecognizable that poo poo yo

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5JPYol3F0

IGN, the site that has posted all those heavily sponsored [FIRST] videos, says "game is extremely buggy, hard to play because of them"

love it

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Fun shooting AND hilarious gif worthy animations?
Goty

trash person fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 12, 2017

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Turbl posted:

CC lookin good

I thought Bioware wasn't going to declare a canon ending but here the green synthesis wave has obviously caught up to the AI during their 600 year journey???

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I've died

https://twitter.com/general_katz/status/840823768498995200

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i can see the games headlines tomorrow: 'gamers bros feel entitled to effort from AAA devs in a top dollar studio'

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Preordered

my body is ready

for some VIDEOGAME SEX ADVENTURES

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If the facial animations are this bad when just talking to someone the sex scenes are gonna be loving scary.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
gonna be too busy doing that "pump the vorcha" minigame to notice

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i can't not read your posts in mike's brain-hemorrhage induced hollywood shill voice

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

RatHat posted:

If the facial animations are this bad when just talking to someone the sex scenes are gonna be loving scary.

tbf their regular animations already look like my o-face.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

sound isn't synced up to the vid in the stream. maybe??

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

If you had told me even after ME3's ending that a Mass Effect game would be less well received than the new Yoko Taro game, I'd have called you a god drat liar, but here we are in Trump's America. New Ducktales, Samurai Jack just had a new episode, and a Nier sequel came out to critical acclaim. What the poo poo is this year?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

the ME3 ending fiasco was such an amazing storm of anger and hurt, though. was whatever a yoko taro game so bad that you impression after that would have been 'yes this will be well received by an infuriated public'?

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

If you had told me even after ME3's ending that a Mass Effect game would be less well received than the new Yoko Taro game, I'd have called you a god drat liar, but here we are in Trump's America. New Ducktales, Samurai Jack just had a new episode, and a Nier sequel came out to critical acclaim. What the poo poo is this year?

Three franchises came out of low points to release quality games last year (doom, hitman, total war) zelda has done it already this year. Would it be that shocking if mass effect followed suit?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

the ME3 ending fiasco was such an amazing storm of anger and hurt, though. was whatever a yoko taro game so bad that you impression after that would have been 'yes this will be well received by an infuriated public'?

Taro Yoko isn't so much a guy who makes bad games (although, to be clear, some of them are bad) as a guy who makes distinct games. They're usually sad and weird, but with characters that are relatably human even when they're giant assholes. They're also mostly localized by 8-4, which is a perk.

The main bad thing was how the game handled, and since this one was by Platinum... yeah. Not a surprise people like it, even if it's a surprise it did so well financially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Clawtopsy posted:

Yoko Taro made Drakengard 1 and 3 and Nier, none of which did well at all outside of the cult following. While being pretty unknown and actually pretty bad games, they're also weird as hell and not a mass appeal game like most stuff is. He's a game dev who holds most of the games industry in contempt for not even bothering to push the boundaries of what video games can do as a medium, and Nier was a game about how dumb the hyper violence celebration in most games really is before Spec Ops came out. It's also about the US's relations with the Middle East post 9/11 and how strange it is that both sides are convinced they're right and talk past each other without understanding. There's some poo poo about the standard video game quest of saving the princess and fatherhood and then some aliens show up and start a proxy war using robots and humans flee to the moon to make goth Lolita androids with stilettos and katanas to fight back. Also, this all began because of the joke ending of Drakengard where the hero kills God, but only after going through a portal to Tokyo (our modern day Tokyo) and gets shot down off his dragon by jet fighters.

Like I said, weird as hell.

Also, it's not impossible that mea will be good, it's more I never thought I'd see the day that there was more cynicism about an ME game than a Nier sequel. Or, hell, that Nier even got a sequel.