Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Combining a political and a social event into one picture can be clever or formulaic and nonsensical (much like my mom).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the state of the Labour party – Labour has suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Conservative party in Copeland, a heartland seat dominated by the party since 1935"

Telegraph:

Claudio Ranieri: Sacked Leicester manager says his 'dream died'

Independent:

After Pascal Dagnan-Bouveret.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

:scotland: The National:
New BBC Scotland channel a 'declaration of intent'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Poor form for Jeremy Corbyn to sack Leicester's manager like that.

I'm not even sure what the analogy is supposed to be, but it's BoB so I assume it's poo poo.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the state of the Labour party – Labour has suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Conservative party in Copeland, a heartland seat dominated by the party since 1935"

who is the right supposed to be?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Looke posted:

who is the right supposed to be?
Looks like his Blair.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

oh okay, the ears thing, gotcha thanks!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Corbyn, Nuttall and May announce their plans for the future - Chris Riddell on the Stoke and Copeland byelections"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Michael Heseltine, the Lords and article 50 – Tory grandee Lord Heseltine has said he will back a Labour-led amendment to ensure a meaningful vote on the final Brexit deal"

Telegraph:

Indpendent on Sunday:

Independent:

Times:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Corbyn keeps getting more and more metal. I like!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Problems with Imgur, so I'm hotlinking these. Sorry! :ohdear:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the NHS data loss – Thousands of patients are feared to have been harmed after the NHS lost more than half a million pieces of confidential medical correspondence"

Telegraph:

Nokia 3310 mobile phone resurrected at MWC 2017

Independent:

Oscars: Academy 'deeply regrets' best film fiasco as accountant is blamed

Times:

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the global political landscape – With Brexit and Trump in full swing, the ghosts of politics past – namely Bush, Blair and Major – have waded in to the choppy waters"

Independent:

Ukip in open civil war as Nigel Farage calls for Douglas Carswell to be thrown out after knighthood row After Monty Python.

Times:

Philip Green agrees to pay £363m into BHS pension fund

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May's defeat in the Lords – Peers voted in favour of an amendment calling on the government to secure the rights of EU citizens in the UK"

Telegraph:

Theresa May gives up crisps for Lent

Independent:

Trump hails 'new chapter in American greatness' in Congress speech

Times:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Is that twitter + trump + Pinocchio? Cool it, guy.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the progress of the Brexit bill – The government is determined that the bill to trigger article 50 will not be altered, even if a standoff ensues with peers who backed an amendment to guarantee the rights of EU citizens" Also World Book Day

Telegraph:

Golf's rules revolution praised by Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods, as slow players are targeted by 'biggest changes in a generation'

Independent:

Jeff Sessions recuses himself from Russia inquiry amid calls for resignation

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May and Nicola Sturgeon – Theresa May has signalled a tougher line on Scottish demands for greater devolution after Brexit, laying down a clear challenge to Nicola Sturgeon"

Telegraph:

Cambridge scientists create first self-developing embryo from stem cells

Independent:

After Meissonier.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

:scotland: The National:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Daily reminder that bob is Leicester slang for poo poo.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The picturebook world of Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions - Chris Riddell on the US president’s continuing Russian woes" After Michael Rosen.

Sunday Telegraph:

Chancellor’s £60bn Brexit fighting fund

Independent on Sunday:

Assembly election: Sinn Féin hails 'watershed' result

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Philip Hammond's Brexit budget plan – Chancellor Philip Hammond has announced a new £500m-a-year plan to reshape the British workforce for life after Brexit by offering technical students loans to help counter the fall in EU workers"

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Vauxhall/Opel takeover – The chief executive of the French company behind Peugeot and Citroën has vowed to turn Opel and Vauxhall around without factory closures or job cuts"

Telegraph:

Coup de theatre as French Right unanimously backs François Fillon and calls bitter battle to replace him 'closed'

Independent:

Times:

Jeremy Corbyn tax return is 'complete and accurate', office says

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on grammar schools – Theresa May will pave the way for a new generation of grammar schools, as her chancellor uses the budget to push ahead with a controversial policy that is seen as a key priority for the prime minister"

Telegraph:

Hammond keeps his powder dry with a 'boring' budget

Independent:

Times:

After Monty Python.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Philip Hammond's budget – The chancellor sparked a political row on Wednesday with a tax grab on self-employed workers that breached a Conservative manifesto pledge not to raise national insurance rates"
Bonus!
https://twitter.com/MartinRowson/status/839824092547190785

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

After Marilyn Monroe.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Conservative party – Theresa May and Philip Hammond are facing a growing rebellion among Tory MPs over the decision to increase national insurance contributions (NICs) for the self-employed"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Queen unveils Iraq and Afghanistan war memorial amid fury at Blair presence

Times:

Nick Robinson accidentally added a swear word to the Chancellor's name on the Today programme

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Justine Greening and new grammar schools – Theresa May has paved the way for a new generation of grammar schools – a controversial policy that is seen as a key priority for the prime minister"

Telegraph:

After Michelangelo.

Independent:

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Laughing Theresa May

Times:

After AN Other? Yeah, not searching for that one.

Stephen Collins:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Missed chance to have Corbyn as the serpent to do the whole 'lack of a good opposition is why the budget was so bad" shtick.

Missed chance to have anyone as the serpent.

3/10 for heavy handed conservative political cartoon metaphors.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Anyone want to explain the furry cups for me? That only has one pretty specific definition I'm aware of, and I'm not really sure how that has anything do with opposing grammar schools. :shrug:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Say 'fur cup' really fast.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Ah, that makes sense. :downs:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Theresa May and Philip Hammond: budget latest - Chris Riddell on the prime minister and chancellor’s national insurance woes"

Sunday Telegraph:

Children interrupt BBC News interview

Sunday Times:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Rowson has a bunch of visual swears like that, though the only one I can think of off the top of my head if the fork-shaped eggs (fork oeuf). I think he came up with them for Blair resigning.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think there was something about Brown sending him a tin of "fair coffin dye" as well.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

It's odd to see him with all the skin still on...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on David Davis's Brexit warning – MPs will have to choose between a deal brokered by Theresa May and crashing out of the bloc on World Trade Organisation terms in a hard Brexit, David Davis has suggested"

Telegraph:

Sister Sledge singer Joni dies at 60

Independent:

Times:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well, we're still hosed. At least there will always be that as a constant in our lives.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Brexit and political divisions – MPs have overturned two House of Lords amendments that aimed to protect the rights of EU citizens living in the UK and hand parliament a ‘meaningful vote’ on the final Brexit deal" Also Boaty McBoatface to go on its first Antarctic mission

Telegraph:

Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon fires starting gun on referendum

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Second Scottish referendum

England and Jonathan Joseph thump Scotland to seal Six Nations title

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May and forging Brexit consensus – Theresa May stressed that she didn’t want to see any ‘constitutional gameplaying’ with the future of the United Kingdom"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...Muirfield Golf Club allowing female members

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
gently caress off Mac.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lord of the Llamas posted:

gently caress off Mac.

The recent one was actually okay.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Philip Hammond’s budget U-turn – Chancellor scraps national insurance rise for the self-employed, admitting it broke Tory manifesto promise" Also ‘Five-second rule’ for food dropped on the floor approved by germ scientists

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Prince William's night out in Verbier

'Aw, bless him. Little Prince George - he's so much like his dad'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a deflating week for Trump and the European right – US president suffers a court defeat over his travel ban after an election blow for Geert Wilders and a row over Tory election spending"

Independent:

Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a deflating week for Trump and the European right – US president suffers a court defeat over his travel ban after an election blow for Geert Wilders and a row over Tory election spending"

Is that supposed to be Rupert Murdoch on the far right? (Where else would he be?)