Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/OpFerguson/status/839976858380804096

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

That feed has some gold in it.

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/840644751057657856

I laughed. i'm going to hell, but I laughed.

https://twitter.com/OpFerguson/status/840584839304732672

https://twitter.com/OpFerguson/status/840442119227637760

(my comic book geek friend has told me that ironically "cap" is a Nazi)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Of course that guy's sending a bunch of tweets to Louise Mensch, who is being treated as a serious person by desperate Russia-obsessed liberals despite being as nutty as Alex Jones.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

Of course that guy's sending a bunch of tweets to Louise Mensch, who is being treated as a serious person by desperate Russia-obsessed liberals despite being as nutty as Alex Jones.

Kyle Kulinski did a video about how the 'RUSSIA. RUSSIA. RUSSIA" narrative is actually assisting in making the Dems and HRC MORE unpopular.

I actually believe it. This ain't 1983. You're not going to scare people with McCarthyism and Red Scare Tactics anymore. Besides the right wing in this country have an iron grip on that sort of thing with the whole "RADICAL MUSLIM" sort of thing.

The :911: public is pissed. They're pissed about how hosed they are when it comes to economic and healthcare opprotunities. Trying to gaslight them with this Russia bullshit and the offering nothing but "going back to business as usual" ain't gonna work for corporate dems/neoliberals.

On another note

Sam Bee kept calling people at CPAC "PEOPLE WITH NAZI HAIRCUTS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0G6FauoFTY

As it turned out? The person she mocked has STAGE FOUR Brain Cancer. (pretty much meaning you know...he's terminal), isn't a republican (is actually a registered Democrat), and a journalist.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:qqsay:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it reads like its fake but lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

This is just one bizarre as hell tweet

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Remember when Ozzy's daughter snarkilly asked if Trump deports all the Mexicans "who will clean his toilet?" and immediately got dunked on for how racist it actually was?

This is literally happening to Chaz Bono. "Who will clean my toilet? JERRY!" :qq:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mgreen42
Oct 22, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

On another note

Sam Bee kept calling people at CPAC "PEOPLE WITH NAZI HAIRCUTS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0G6FauoFTY

As it turned out? The person she mocked has STAGE FOUR Brain Cancer. (pretty much meaning you know...he's terminal), isn't a republican (is actually a registered Democrat), and a journalist.

Yeah, but let's be fair - she donated $1,000 towards his treatment afterwards!

Much less than she spent preventing black people from infecting her children at school... but more than $0!!

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

echinopsis posted:

it reads like its fake but lol

yeah it starts out with "my wife and i..." but then it ends talking about "my son's father is more worried about the anime girls" so i think the writer hosed up

it was still amusing though

edit: whoops looks like im the dumbass who didnt read it correctly, looks like its his stepdad, nvm

Il Federale has issued a correction as of 16:11 on Mar 12, 2017

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

What is the "Aryan Girls in Wheat Fields"? Is that a thing?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
It's clearly fake and a joke. Aryan women in wheat fields might as well be the punchline.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Harveygod posted:

What is the "Aryan Girls in Wheat Fields"? Is that a thing?

David Duke, and /pol/ nazis use that poo poo a lot

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Grondoth posted:

It's clearly fake and a joke. Aryan women in wheat fields might as well be the punchline.

That or Charles Martel and The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise being associated with the far-Right.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Let's check in on my home state, and how peeps feel about things over there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.9124156828eb

quote:

WILMINGTON, Ohio — Thousands of miles from here, the Kremlin is denying accusations that it meddled in the U.S. presidential election. But in this town of rolling farmland and main streets shaded by grain elevators, the barrage of news coming out about the Trump administration’s ties to Russia has fallen on mostly indifferent ears.

“The Russia thing doesn’t fit too well here,” Harold Rowland said in between bites of his breakfast at McDonald’s. “Nobody really cares.”

Rowland, 75, comes almost every morning to this McDonald’s on the outskirts of town to sit and talk with three other Wilmington residents who have formed an informal breakfast club.

[Feeling forgotten by Obama, people in this Ohio town look to Trump with cautious hope]

They’ve only discussed Russia once in recent weeks — when former national security adviser Michael Flynn resigned over revelations about his potentially illegal contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

“He was out of bounds for sure,” said Rowland, who last voted for a Democrat in 1964.

Wayne Smith, 74, said he’s skeptical about all the stories of ties between President Trump’s associates and Russia.

“Is there something there? Probably,” said Smith, who walks with a cane and stands up about every 10 minutes to relieve the pressure on his back, a lingering reminder of his half-century working as a barber before he retired. “But Judas Priest, don’t go overboard.”

Smith said he thinks the media and Democrats have “made a mountain out of a molehill” and killed off any chance for a rational discussion. When he watched Trump’s joint address to Congress last week, he felt buoyed by it.

“I saw 72 percent approved or something like that,” said Smith, likely alluding to a joint CNN/ORC poll following the speech that reported that about 7 in 10 who tuned in were more optimistic about the direction of the country.

“It’s a start, but I wish he was more upright, more presidential,” Smith said, smiling. “But you know, he still speaks our language … the language of the country boy.”

Tom Speer, 70, seemed more perturbed by the news on Russia. “Do I think it affected the outcome of the election?” Speer said. “No, but they have no business meddling in ours.”

As for Flynn’s contacts with the Russian ambassador, Speer said the retired lieutenant general had just “put the cart before the horse.”

The four men at the table said they are pleased with how Trump is running the country and remain optimistic, no matter the news coming out of Washington.

“Trump is doing great,” Speer said. “He’s not God or Superman, but he’s done what he could with his executive orders.”

Since the election and Trump’s inauguration, the town has been more focused on local issues. In early February, retail giant Amazon.com decided to pull a burgeoning shipping hub and plans for as many as 3,000 new jobs at Wilmington’s airpark, opting instead to take a $10 million dollar tax break to relocate to Kentucky. That news dashed hopes that the town would be able to pump new life into its economy soon. (Amazon’s founder and chief executive, Jeffrey P. Bezos, owns The Washington Post.)

At a coffee shop six miles away and closer into town, Emma Heyo, 20, said the Russia news had barely crossed her radar, appearing only sporadically on her social media feeds.

“Russia stuff? I really don’t know much about it,” said Heyo, a part-time barista who is studying medical massage in nearby Dayton. “We’re friendly with Putin, right? And friends are better than enemies.

“To be honest, politics is something I try and avoid,” she added.

Mostly white and with a population of roughly 12,000 people, Wilmington’s surrounding county of Clinton has gone Republican in every presidential race since 1964, when Lyndon B. Johnson was elected. In November, it cast more votes for Trump than any other Republican candidate in the county’s history. In another first, more than 70 percent of Wilmington’s eligible voting population came out to the polls.

Yet there is a small core of residents who are less enamored of Trump.

The Page Turners’ Book Club, which meets once a month in the basement of Wilmington’s library, had just finished their discussion of the 2016 bestseller “The Nest” by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney before talking about a recent piece in the New Yorker titled “Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War.”

“Our hair’s on fire, and this stuff can’t come out fast enough,” said Mary Thomas Watts about the flood of news about Russia and Trump. A former journalist from Mississippi, Watts sits on the board of the library, leads the Page Turners’ discussion and usually helps organize the weekly progressive happy hour at the General Denver Hotel in town.

After learning that Attorney General Jeff Sessions had potentially misled Congress by saying he did not have contact with the Russians during Trump’s campaign, the group of six women and one man was incensed.

“They all have got to go,” Watts said.

Watts attended the Women’s March on Washington, while others in the group participated in a smaller march at Wilmington’s courthouse the same day. “Just imagine this group all in pink hats,” Watts said.

The small group and their liberal leanings are a rarity in Wilmington, a fact they’ve become acutely aware of as the town turned out in droves for Trump.

Julie Butcher, member of the book club and an employee at a local insurance company, said that her 14-year-old daughter has “Trump!” yelled in her face regularly at school after she admitted to voting for Hillary Clinton during a mock election in the fall.

“You can’t say anything, and you can’t post anything because you just get attacked,” Butcher said.

TL;DR. No one gives a poo poo about Russia apparently.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i gave a little poo poo then i realized lol the cold war is over and russia isn't trying to take over the world just like, eastern euro countrys

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Baloogan posted:

i gave a little poo poo then i realized lol the cold war is over and russia isn't trying to take over the world just like, eastern euro countrys

It's just not playing well with the american public and the voting base it seems.

I imagine the goal is to try to get Trump impeached or something, which COULD work.

but if it's a means of getting people to turn on Trump, then pull the lever for D? I don't see it working out quite yet. it's just gaslighting so they could ignore the fact that they got their asses handed to them by an orange buffoon.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

The Russia thing is being pushed hard mostly because dems think (wishfully) that they can continue being bad and still win if they do so

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

"They undermined our election by revealing that we were undermining the election but pay no attention to that, fruit of the poison tree and whatnot!"

Also lol at every Democrat who blames Comey's letter but not Bill Clinton's clandestine meeting on the tarmac to "talk about our grandkids."

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

The Russia thing is being pushed hard mostly because dems think (wishfully) that they can continue being bad and still win if they do so

"They'd rather lose being corporatist democrats, then win with a progressive narrative"- Jimmy Dore.

Harveygod posted:

"They undermined our election by revealing that we were undermining the election but pay no attention to that, fruit of the poison tree and whatnot!"

Also lol at every Democrat who blames Comey's letter but not Bill Clinton's clandestine meeting on the tarmac to "talk about our grandkids."

"WELL YOU SEE THEY HACKED THE GOP TOO!"

Good. What the gently caress are they going to reveal about that? That the people running the GOP more than likely hated Trump? How they all hated Ted Cruz? How they take money from big corporations? None of that stuff is earthshattering.

The only that wikileaks did was successfully confirm what anyone who voted for Bernie already knew. The Clintons and their pals have a stranglehold on the party, and that they're very crooked.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

FuzzySkinner posted:

The only that wikileaks did was successfully confirm what anyone who voted for Bernie already knew. The Clintons and their pals have a stranglehold on the party, and that they're very crooked.

A lot of the GOP openly disliked Trump while the DNC secretly worked to guarantee Clinton the nomination. The DNC is literally the more corrupt party and liberals' brains are rejecting it, leading to "RUSHINS!!!"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Harveygod posted:

A lot of the GOP openly disliked Trump while the DNC secretly worked to guarantee Clinton the nomination. The DNC is literally the more corrupt party and liberals' brains are rejecting it, leading to "RUSHINS!!!"

Jello Biafra on his spoken word record was kinda nailing this a while back. He'd mock Feinstein, and Willie "Moneybags" Brown for being corrupt, pro-business, etc. The quote that always stuck with me was a phrase he had heard and quoted "The Democrats are on the inside what the Republicans are on the outside".

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
don't go down the primary road dudes

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
this thread really tells it like it is

straight talk

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/OpFerguson/status/840442119227637760

(my comic book geek friend has told me that ironically "cap" is a Nazi)

this one is good because cap has told people not to form neo-nazi beating mobs in the past because it cheapens your own ideals

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
It's unbelievable that the only people doing serious postmortems on Clinton's loss are liberal YouTubers, who are now just as anti-establishment as the Tea Party was in 2014.

What are the real Democrats with power saying? What is Shumer and Booker and Perez's answer on how to move forward? Are they really just going to keep up the "Trump BAD!" poo poo for the next 2 years? Are rank and file dems going to let them? WTF

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

logikv9 posted:

my bad, just frustrated with the stuff.

I do want to clarify that I don't hate anyone that voted Hillary in the primary, etc. We agree much more than we disagree on things.

My anger is towards the DNC and those who enable a lot of horrible stuff. Not at people who genuinely wanted to see a women president to break the glass ceiling, etc. That in itself is very noble, and I'm saddened it hasn't happened yet...

breaklaw posted:

It's unbelievable that the only people doing serious postmortems on Clinton's loss are liberal YouTubers, who are now just as anti-establishment as the Tea Party was in 2014.

What are the real Democrats with power saying? What is Shumer and Booker and Perez's answer on how to move forward? Are they really just going to keep up the "Trump BAD!" poo poo for the next 2 years? Are rank and file dems going to let them? WTF

I think they're just trying to flip the switch and do what the GOP did against Obama for 8 plus years.

Which I'm skeptical of because it seems to be an apples to oranges sort of thing. I'm also not a fan of the current DNC leadership and I'm kinda looking around the room for someone else to take the reigns at this point.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

breaklaw posted:

Uh, we're going to lead with our values and fight the billionaire class by making them hire more women to be billionaires too. This will create value for shareholders.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
allegedly, the world's dumbest capture the flag game has escalated

picture is too blurry for my liking but i will believe it's true because this is the best poo poo

mgreen42
Oct 22, 2002

logikv9 posted:

Why not? The primary -is- the only debate we have left now. Unless you'd like to face the reality that politically, and with regards to anyone remotely in power, it's Conservative VS Ultra-Conservative for the next eight years.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

mgreen42 posted:

Why not? The primary -is- the only debate we have left now. Unless you'd like to face the reality that politically, and with regards to anyone remotely in power, it's Conservative VS Ultra-Conservative for the next eight years.

eh.

The wounds are still pretty fresh and the conversation around here just never seems to end well. I do again, think that the supporters for each candidate are more alike than they are different.

I'll never mock anyone who posts in here who voted for HRC in the primaries because of their beliefs. We're not enemies. Same with (A significant amount of) Trump voters.

Politicians, Celebrities and Media Figures though? Yeah they deserve a good mocking at this point. Rich assholes. And yes Sanders primary voters EXIST in that bloc of people. (Sarah Silverman and Patton Oswalt anyone?).

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

breaklaw posted:

There's is no limit to how shamelessly bad and worthless dems will have to be to keep the corporate money flowing

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wondering if another forum is an ok topic for this thread now that most of the people in this thread are banned if they post in said forum.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Grognan posted:

Wondering if another forum is an ok topic for this thread now that most of the people in this thread are banned if they post in said forum.

Its best not to talk about the containment forum. That's the kind of attention they want.

https://twitter.com/Tzereter/status/840763175201062912

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

this is the exact kind of stupid poo poo i was ranting about earlier

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Grognan posted:

Helldump is long dead, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lmao shia leboof's stupid flag got stolen by /pol/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN6tcAmBeBg

• Locked thread