Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

If you're only counting studio albums like I assume flatluigi was, the number was 3 and not two. Four if you count 45:33.

Yea i didnt make it clear. I meant "Two albums after i started following them". I still maintain its a "Trent Reznor/NiN one man band" situation, so him disbanding the band he could pick up at any time (and indeed pretty much did not long after) seems kinda odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Still love that orbtal track they used for forza 2 menu music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRvspY91u8s

I should probably try and play Forza 6 a bit more since I bought the bloody xbox just for the drat game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
PYF Forza music, y'all. This one opens my Chill Instrumental GPM playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L-OBk-UhDc

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
And now for something completely different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGL6USuptZ8

Just kidding, i didnt have a Xbox 1. Or..... i sort of did..... its complicated

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Oh, I did enjoy FM1s ost.

However, GT1 will always hold a special place in my heart for menu music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIE_Y5eU5Ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsO1q4NWIN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVkCesfBs40

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

track day bro! posted:

Still love that orbtal track they used for forza 2 menu music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRvspY91u8s

I should probably try and play Forza 6 a bit more since I bought the bloody xbox just for the drat game.

That's one of my favorite EPs. The Les Rhythems Digitales remix is the best.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVFf7rvi0L4

LT1 camaro :pervert:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Falken posted:

However, GT1 will always hold a special place in my heart for menu music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVFf7rvi0L4

LT1 camaro :pervert:

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 12, 2017

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheScott2K posted:

PYF Forza music, y'all. This one opens my Chill Instrumental GPM playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L-OBk-UhDc

I quite like all of the menu music in FM3/4, man FM4 was so good. I think it helped that when fm4 was out there were a shitload of people in my timezone to race with, i'm hoping that maybe if FM7 comes out on pc there might be more people for me to race with that doesn't involve playing games at 2am.

I don't remember any of the us/eu Gran Turismo music because when I was a gay teen I ended up with the japanese version that had all the smooooth jazz menu music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3J1gBKFuOc

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It was only from FM3 that Forza really gained an "aesthetic" and sense of style that challenged Gran Turismo. GT even now still does so much right in that regard, despite the gameplay not really moving forward in many ways.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
if FM4 was backwards compat id be happy

or if they do their laser scan thing for ebisu , any of the 8 tracks is fine

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I like to work to East Avenue from GT5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8rPj4XtOos

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

harperdc posted:

It was only from FM3 that Forza really gained an "aesthetic" and sense of style that challenged Gran Turismo. GT even now still does so much right in that regard, despite the gameplay not really moving forward in many ways.

It would be cool of they ever released a GT game again

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Norns posted:

It would be cool of they ever released a GT game again

They're having a closed beta for the half-game that isn't GT7 in a week, so that's nice.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

They're having a closed beta for the half-game that isn't GT7 in a week, so that's nice.

Yeah I signed up for that. gently caress though, last I looked the game was supposed to come out Nov 2016?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Norns posted:

Yeah I signed up for that. gently caress though, last I looked the game was supposed to come out Nov 2016?

Yea, they delayed it but haven't given a new release date. I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped the "Sport," added a "7," and pushed it to 2018.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Gran Tursmo 7, by Gaben/Valve

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The only ~*mysterious aesthetic*~ that Gran Turismo has or ever had is the confusing decision to design the game photomode screenshot making application like it's 1997 and we're all so amazed that pushing a button on a wireless controller causes the system to do something that we have to do it 9 times for every action.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Gran turismo's (5, 6, and PSP specifically) menu systems are UI nightmares.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's real great that they keep delaying the new gran turismo game, it fills me with lots of confidence that it will be an amazing product since delaying gt5 over and over turned out so well for that game

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The delay was caused by the time it takes to port in 200~ slightly different skyline versions.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
still happy they put a r31 in horizon 3 :snoop:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

If I wanted a D or C class car that screamed "maximum hooptie" in Horizon 3, which car would it be and how should I modify it?

Also I was surprised to log in earlier after a brief hiatus to find one of my gift cars was a Countach HE so now I can have one for each newretrowave paintjob :haw:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Hexenritter posted:

If I wanted a D or C class car that screamed "maximum hooptie" in Horizon 3, which car would it be and how should I modify it?

the Holden Torana was really popular on the global leaderboards for drifting when the game first came out

datsun 510 lets you do a rough style exposed oil cooler

...and if you want to gently caress with ppl online, filter the car list for front-wheel drive cars and pick your poison

my personal favorite though is the holden sandman wagon. you can put a loving V10 and even V12 in it. it's a nightmare to drive but if you like deathtraps its one of the wildest cars in the game for its class

Thief fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 14, 2017

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Gran turismo's (5, 6, and PSP specifically) menu systems are UI nightmares.

This was the major thing that ruined the modern GT games for me tbh, playing GT5 after playing FM3 made me get incredibly annoyed how you had to click through several menus just to do one thing. Stuff that was very easy to do in Forza was just straight up impossible or somehow needed some stupid random element tacked on. Forza, you want to paint your car some wacky colour, sure go ahead! GT5 had some stupid random drop paint system and no livery editor whatsoever.

Also changing settings on cars in GT5/6 is incredibly tedious, having to back out to a menu waiting for it to load and then going back into testing. The way Forza has done it is so much better.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

track day bro! posted:

I quite like all of the menu music in FM3/4, man FM4 was so good. I think it helped that when fm4 was out there were a shitload of people in my timezone to race with, i'm hoping that maybe if FM7 comes out on pc there might be more people for me to race with that doesn't involve playing games at 2am.
What is your timezone?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Saw Dizzle's car at the go kart track yesterday.

Last week's Endurance Prototype League was actually kinda fun. It's the first time I've raced anything higher than R class against pubbies. Not too much different than the lower classes except the first 100 meter / turn 1 wrecks happen quicker and since most cannot drive they all drop out one by one when they lose control.

geeves fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 14, 2017

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

What is your timezone?

The best timezone, the SAEG timezone! Although I remember you deafeaning everyone with your mic cuz it never worked with your fancy pants wheel.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

track day bro! posted:

The best timezone, the SAEG timezone! Although I remember you deafeaning everyone with your mic cuz it never worked with your fancy pants wheel.
Yeah, I had to use a wireless one instead.

Luckily I've got a good mic and push to talk on PC. :v:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

geeves posted:

Saw Dizzle's car at the go kart track yesterday.

Seriouspost: I have a deal with myself that if i ever spend stupid-enough money on my NA to make it a properly fast car i'll paint it pink.

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 14, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

TurboDrizzle posted:

Seriouspost: I have a deal with myself that if i ever spend stupid-enough money on my NA to make it a properly fast car i'll paint it pink.

The Miata looks so happy :magical:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

TurboDrizzle posted:

I hope you still use carpenter's tape for your number.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

being the massive shitlord that i am, i managed to get my hands on a code for the ford gt nutrigrain edition even though that promotion ended over a year ago, was new zealand only, had a run of only 5,000 packages and of those like a tiny fraction of a percent even ended up in the hands of forza players. so now i have both that dumb thing and the dumb but not nearly as rare mx-5 pringles edition. hooray :confuoot:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dizzle, you get your new xbone yet?

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

geeves posted:

Dizzle, you get your new xbone yet?

-_- my brother who has my other one is "so loving busy man" delivering pizzas for 26 hours a week and drinking natty light and playing DOTA2 about 70 hours a week still hasnt sent it in the mail despite repeated text assaults.

Id really rather not spend $250+ when im waiting for a free xbox, but ive lost track of how many weeks I've been waiting. When i have it geeves youll be the first to know.

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 17, 2017

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

TurboDrizzle posted:

-_- my brother who has my other one is "so loving busy man" delivering pizzas for 26 hours a week and drinking natty light and playing DOTA2 about 70 hours a week still hasnt sent it in the mail despite repeated text assaults.

Id really rather not spend $250+ when im waiting for a free xbox, but ive lost track of how many weeks I've been waiting. When i have it geeves youll be the first to know.

Right on. League racing is already pretty good, but league racing would be much better with other goons.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well i'm back playing the game doing abc's so if you ever want to do that instead of leagues, hit me up.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

financially racist posted:

well i'm back playing the game doing abc's so if you ever want to do that instead of leagues, hit me up.

Yeah I haven't done abc's in a while. I'll be on tonight most likely for a bit before binging Iron Fist.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

did you change your gamertag, cause i don't see you on my list anymore

also i'm sick (just in time for finals week~) so i napped instead of race tonight, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

financially racist posted:

did you change your gamertag, cause i don't see you on my list anymore

also i'm sick (just in time for finals week~) so i napped instead of race tonight, sorry

Yeah, it's KimJongUnOnAPug. I think I invited you at some point when I saw you online. I was racing with a bunch of Turn10 people.

• Locked thread