Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Vaders Jester posted:

Good too see the Scotland we know and love back.

Gaze upon this avatar one last time.

It's the only time you'll ever see it within 3 inches of my username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

loving pish. 😟😟

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
And to cap off this terrible weekend of rugby Marcell Coetzee just did his knee in again. A whole 4 games into his Ulster career :ohdear:

Have to give it to England though that was some performance. Just like how Ireland lost their way without Sexton and Murray Scotland just aren't the same team without Laidlaw and Hogg.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Scotland ruined the six nations for everyone. There, I said it!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
It's safe to do this, now.. right?

15. Stuart Hogg
14. Leighton Halfpenny
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Owen Farrell (c)
11. Simon Zebo
10. Dan Biggar
09. Rhys Webb

01. Rob Kearney
02. Ken Owens
03. Dan Cole
04. Courtney Lawes
05. Alun Wyn Jones
06. CJ Stander
07. Justin Tipuric
08. Billy Vunipola

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

And to cap off this terrible weekend of rugby Marcell Coetzee just did his knee in again. A whole 4 games into his Ulster career :ohdear:

Have to give it to England though that was some performance. Just like how Ireland lost their way without Sexton and Murray Scotland just aren't the same team without Laidlaw and Hogg.

I challenge any team to be the same after the loss of their fullback, centre and winger, forcing them to play a 9 and 10 on the wing and another centre at fullback.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hogg yes, Laidlaw no. He's a bit overrated and his leadership and age are the only reasons he is ahead of Price, who is a far faster player.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Vaders Jester posted:

I challenge any team to be the same after the loss of their fullback, centre and winger, forcing them to play a 9 and 10 on the wing and another centre at fullback.

As much as I hate to admit it England could probably weather that sort of storm, their depth is ridiculous at the minute.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Scotland just aren't the same team without Laidlaw and Hogg.

It's not like they just weren't able to pick their best back row - they had their entire back row beaten into the ground so hard, that they had to play 50 minutes of the game with most of their team standing around in positions they'd never played before.

England scored so many tries because they had an amazing playbook, and used (almost wasted) most of their imaginative plays to get over the line. Scotland had their entire playbook ripped up the moment Pyrgos came on, because they hadn't conceived (let alone practiced) that combination of players having to play in those positions.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

As much as I hate to admit it England could probably weather that sort of storm, their depth is ridiculous at the minute.

Ben Youngs on the wing would be a joke, just like Price was for Scotland.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

All fairness to England they thoroughly deserved this win. They were clinical in every way. Scotland need to go back to the drawing board with this one, don't know what they were doing.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

WMain00 posted:

All fairness to England they thoroughly deserved this win. They were clinical in every way. Scotland need to go back to the drawing board with this one, don't know what they were doing.

Aye, losing players was rough but it wouldn't have made much difference because Joseph ran through a gap between Jones and Dunbar three times due to serious defensive errors. It was shameful how often Scotland allowed that to happen.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Tyma posted:

It's safe to do this, now.. right?

01. Rob Kearney

No.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tyma posted:

Gaze upon this avatar one last time.

It's the only time you'll ever see it within 3 inches of my username

Right click, save image as, save for a later date.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

butros posted:

Bit of a shock to the system for the Hurricanes playing against some decent opposition. I wonder how different a story it would have been if the weather was better.

I think the Chiefs got lucky with the weather. They're better at the scrappy, broken stuff, which was obviously how the game had to be played in those conditions.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

You know it was a bad beat when you're still deep in the salt mines the next day. :smith:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Someone should create a git repo of potential Rugby toxx avatars

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

As much as we all tried to toxx ourselves silly, England wouldn't let us.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Mark Bennett is now out for Italy. Tommy Seymour, Ryan Wilson and Stuart Hogg are all undergoing HIA protocols and Finn Russell, Richie Gray, and Huw Jones are all undergoing scans for hamstring and knee injuries.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! The Curse of the Scottish Backs has returned with a vengeance. At least no one broke their necks or ruptured a kidney this time.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 12, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Wow...totally missed the france italy match last night. Was it even televised?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It was on ITV.

I don't think it was even on BBC red-button radio.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

goatface posted:

It was on ITV.

I don't think it was even on BBC red-button radio.

5 Live extra had it I think?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They were covering the women's England v Scotland game.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Just watched England - Scotland again on Rugby Special and oh my god Finn Russell played like shiiiiit

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

If only he was the only player to have a poo poo show of a game. About the only players that remotely did well were Visser and Huw Jones when he wasn't letting Joseph waltz past him.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

If only he was the only player to have a poo poo show of a game. About the only players that remotely did well were Visser and Huw Jones when he wasn't letting Joseph waltz past him.

Visser was terrible in defence - he should have been in position to stop Joseph when he broke through, as Maitland would have been. He was miles out of position.

Also I feel like they should have left Ali Price at scrum half and let Pyrgos fester on the wing.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Visser is always terrible on defence, he's never really been good at it. This game it showed rather hard.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aye, i'd have rather had Seymour at fullback but playing a winger in a position that he's never had to do at international level and almost never had to do at club level is rarely going to work out so Visser was on a hiding to nothing in that match.

Pyrgos is probably a better game manager that Price and I think they hoped he would calm things down a bit but either way, Scotland were hosed by a very good England and very bad injuries to key positions.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Stade Français and Racing 92 are merging next season :stare:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Stade Racing?

Français 92?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

That's a lot of money in one place.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Update on my :toxx: clause:

Since England have won, Tyma currently holds the rights to my avatar. However, with Scotland due to play Italy next week, Vaders Jester may also win that. It'll have to either be the first person to deliver an avatar with custom text for me to purchase, or a potential merge of the two avatars and custom text into one whole abomination. In the case of the latter, I'll keep said avatar until the conclusion of the Rugby Championship - and if the All Blacks fail to win the Rugby Championship this year, or if the Wallabies win the Bledisloe Cup, or if the Springboks take the Freedom Cup, I will keep said avatar until the end of the calendar year.

Either way, it seems like it's time to say goodbye to Kirk bumming Spock.

julian assflange posted:

Stade Français and Racing 92 are merging next season :stare:

It seems like it's more a case of Racing swallowing up Stade. Considering the financial difficulties Stade Francais has faced recently, it's not terribly surprising. Pity though, considering the rich history of both clubs. They were the participants in the first ever game of rugby played in France, no less. Since both teams are absolutely stacked with internationals, I won't be too surprised to see a few looking elsewhere so they can get regular gametime. It could also pretty much end some careers, like Pascal Pape who is now on the other side of 35.

Still, merging two rival teams has worked in the past - Tasman in the NZ domestic comp is a merger of Nelson Bays and Marlborough at the top of the South Island (Nelson Bays was itself a merger of Nelson and Golden Bay-Motueka in 1968), and after a shaky few years, they've now become a fairly competitive team that tends to be there or thereabouts at the pointy end of the season.

On the other end of the scale is the Cats from Super Rugby, a forced amalgamation of the Golden Lions and the Free State Cheetahs of the Currie Cup, with representation from the smaller provincial teams like the Pumas and the Griquas. They were poo poo.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 13, 2017

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

WMain00 posted:

Stade Racing?

Français 92?

IMO the most likely and best name would simply be "RC Paris," with a kit using this color scheme:

it's the Paris city flag

And of course they need a team shield with the Eiffel Tower on it.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Oh hey also I am late to this party but GO USA! We got the best result we could ever have hoped for, a tie with the Argentina second-stringers resulting in the most marginal ARC win possible.

Default - the best way to win.

:patriot: :toot:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Unsurprisingly, the Stade players weren't consulted about the merger and have taken part in the French national past time of going on strike, refusing to train or play against Castre. Can't blame them, gently caress that club for springing this on the players.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dang, that's rough.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

refusing to train or play against Castre.

Ospreys play against Stade in 2 weeks, so if they could politely 'not show up; and just post us the European cup, that would be cool, thanks.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

Ospreys play against Stade in 2 weeks, so if they could politely 'not show up; and just post us the European cup, that would be cool, thanks.

Given that it's a French side away from home, they could be on the pitch and still not turn up :)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Waratahs v. Brumbies game might be worth watching this weekend. The fixture introduces the Dan Vickerman Cup to be contested between those two sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Where can I read non-poo poo six nations analysis. Guardian is terrible and there's no way I'm touching times or telegraph