Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone got a good spot for a Traveler's Sword spawn? I left that sidequest for the kid wanting to see weapons just a tad too long.

If you're still looking there's a chest on Eventide Island's beach near three bokoblins and a campfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

alf_pogs posted:

Spicy Meat and Seafood Fry
And you're supposed to figure out to use fish (from a nearby lake) for it.
That's only a minor oddity.

In the Russian version it's called a Spicy Crunch-Mix. You still know the two ingredients but for the third one you only have "crunch" to go on.
Apples? Very small rocks?
No, but if you happen to fry the fish by itself you get some crunchy fry. If you bake it you'll get a different result with no crunch.

Please, tell me there are no major text-based puzzles later.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

SelenicMartian posted:

And you're supposed to figure out to use fish (from a nearby lake) for it.
That's only a minor oddity.

In the Russian version it's called a Spicy Crunch-Mix. You still know the two ingredients but for the third one you only have "crunch" to go on.
Apples? Very small rocks?
No, but if you happen to fry the fish by itself you get some crunchy fry. If you bake it you'll get a different result with no crunch.

Not that I've noticed, barring the heatproof/flameproof distinction that came up on the last page or so.

And it's not a block to progress if you can't make the recipe - if you get to the top of the mountain anyway (cook peppers, carry a torch, etc) then he gives you the doublet at the top.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

snoremac posted:

If you're still looking there's a chest on Eventide Island's beach near three bokoblins and a campfire.

Cheers, I'll go take a look :tipshat:.

Can anyone tell me what the recipe for cake is? I'm guessing what the girl in Tarrey Town needs is a mix of a normal cake recipe with Monster Essence added?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can anyone tell me what the recipe for cake is? I'm guessing what the girl in Tarrey Town needs is a mix of a normal cake recipe with Monster Essence added?
Rito village recipe book has a nutcake recipe - wheat, butter, sugarcane, acorns.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SelenicMartian posted:

I don't think there are any main plot quests but there's certainly riddles for shrine and side quests.

Related to that, I found out today that for a spear, a jump power attack has a different animation than a "drop" power attack, the latter requiring you to be a certain height above ground. You can guess which one is needed for a puzzle, and the fact that the former was literally the first thing I did and then spend a good hour trying to figure out what the answer was instead has made me slightly salty. :shep:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress this banana stealth bit

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I need ONE star fragment and then I'm ready to go to Hyrule Castle. Any way to get one right quick?

e: lol I saw one and it fell but nothing shined up. went to where it fell and I'm pretty drat sure it landed in purple Ganon goop

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 12, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Soo I've been playing this Zelda game on my Zelda box and it's really, really good. Amazingly good in fact, I can't remember a game forcing me to play it like this since... well. Very possibly ever.

The only thing really lacking from the game is real money microtransactions to unlock overpowered equipment, Nintendo should get with the times.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Anyway this thread is spoiler station so I'm out

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress this banana stealth bit
i was having problem with this last night till a friend told me that all the treasure stays after you beat the area so you can just book it to the end

Spoilers if you wanna know what I did After you take out those first two guys and go down the hallway, you can either enter that big room with six guys or take the ladder at the end of the hallway. Climb up the ladder and use the opening there to walk out on the walkways out there till you find the guy in the relative back left corner who doesn't move. Use Stasis+ or drop bananas down to get away from that door and head on through.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Where's the best place to find Hightail Lizards? I've been climbing like a peasant for far too long.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Harrow posted:

Where's the best place to find Hightail Lizards? I've been climbing like a peasant for far too long.

They're everywhere, I think, but mostly I find them on trees? Try Faron.

They're nippy little bastards- you won't be able to catch them if they spot you and scarper. You absolutely want to be wearing the Sheikah gear while hunting them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If anyone else is trying to find the missing Zora wife for A Wife Washed Away, she can be found at Hylia Island in Lake Hylia. She's by the western islet by the main one.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Escobarbarian posted:

I need ONE star fragment and then I'm ready to go to Hyrule Castle. Any way to get one right quick?

e: lol I saw one and it fell but nothing shined up. went to where it fell and I'm pretty drat sure it landed in purple Ganon goop

I think at the stable near the lost woods there's a kid who wants you to send a barrel into the air with some octorock balloons. He gives you one as a reward.

There's another in a shrine, I believe

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Soo I've been playing this Zelda game on my Zelda box and it's really, really good. Amazingly good in fact, I can't remember a game forcing me to play it like this since... well. Very possibly ever.

The only thing really lacking from the game is real money microtransactions to unlock overpowered equipment, Nintendo should get with the times.

That's called Amiibo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Runcible Cat posted:

Rito village recipe book has a nutcake recipe - wheat, butter, sugarcane, acorns.

A few pages back, but the solution was indeed this recipe plus Monster Extract to make a Monster Cake.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Obligatory Toast posted:

I think at the stable near the lost woods there's a kid who wants you to send a barrel into the air with some octorock balloons. He gives you one as a reward.

There's another in a shrine, I believe

Had both of those, but got one using a method I found on *shudder* GameFAQs: quit out of and restart the game, camp out near Duelling Peaks Stable guy until he says it'll be a full moon that night, and then go to a high vantage point (i.e. the top of the Peaks themselves) and wait. One should fall that night. Worked 2/2 times.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Whoever came up with the puzzles where you have to switch from the pro controller to the tablet to wiggle it around can suck my dick in hell

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wish that when you find an item you need for a sidequest, it would then update the sidequest and tell you to go hand it in. I've got a ton of them in my quest log now and it's hard to remember each individual thing that I'm looking for.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The combat in this game is totally serviceable and part of me enjoys it as one of this games vestiges of older games, but man, if they leaned more in to the souls style combat at a more reasonable difficulty it would own in this amazing world with their weapons and enemies.

Maybe it's because I was playing Nioh before his, but if link could zip around like you can in that game it would be so satisfying.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

causticBeet posted:

The combat in this game is totally serviceable and part of me enjoys it as one of this games vestiges of older games, but man, if they leaned more in to the souls style combat at a more reasonable difficulty it would own in this amazing world with their weapons and enemies.

Maybe it's because I was playing Nioh before his, but if link could zip around like you can in that game it would be so satisfying.

Something they should've done with the Divine Beasts is rip off the 2008 Prince of Persia's system where each subsequent one gets considerably harder because the corruption been cleaned out of the other(s). Have each incarnation of Ganon fueled by the slain ones for more HP/damage dealt, as well as more corruption in general and stronger enemies in them.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

causticBeet posted:

I don't think I'd want truly Souls-style combat, but I think what this needs is some sort of limit on in-battle healing, and a few more enemy types. Those alone I think would make the combat more tense and interesting. Throw in a couple new weapon categories (right now there are three--one-handed, two-handed, and spears) as icing on the cake.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How is this poo poo a kids game I mean really, I'm constantly googling poo poo

Like the loving constellation shrine I had no idea wtf

Also the north labyrinth which I actually found a shortcut for on YouTube by climbing the initial wall. There's also a 300 rupees up there in a chest

I've figured out like, one or two riddles so far. I guess I'm just a big dumb like the one in the snow with the shadow

Lastly for the quest where you take the guardian pictures it never occurred to me that the small guardian was the one you fight in the shrines

:downs:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hello thread I'd just like to share that the ending of the Kass quest line is the best thing in this loving amazing game and almost made me cry last night while tired from being up way too late.

It's also somewhat easy to miss if you're not looking for it so if you're at the end and haven't seen it please go track it down.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Where is the Dressage minigame? There has to be one, why else would they let you make your horse pretty and have horse strafing?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

All horse related stuff is in the south, conveniently sandwiched between Faron and Gerudo.

Also yeah, final Kass stuff was pretty cool.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Hello thread I'd just like to share that the ending of the Kass quest line is the best thing in this loving amazing game and almost made me cry last night while tired from being up way too late.

It's also somewhat easy to miss if you're not looking for it so if you're at the end and haven't seen it please go track it down.

Is his quest line to just do all the shrine quests he starts? Just to make sure I don't miss it

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

snoremac posted:

If you want an even easier traveler's sword spawn, there's one right in Kakariko, underneath on of the waterfalls near the entrance.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

Is his quest line to just do all the shrine quests he starts? Just to make sure I don't miss it

That's the first step yeah. The key missable part is that you need to go read his diary in the Ridgelands after you've done all the shrine quests. That's what triggers him to return to Rito village so you can see the ending. You may also need to do all the Rito village quests first.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Blood moon shrine quest the easy way: trigger a blood moon, reload your last save, warp to the nearby Satori Mountain shrine and hoof it

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I thought I was soo smart for climbing up the walls of the Labyrinth, but it turns out the shrine is gate in from above :(

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I find it pretty amusing that the
Korok 'make an offering to the shrine'
puzzles in the Yiga Clan hideout make you (solution within the next spoiler) put Mighty Bananas in the trays instead of apples, though it is a pain and a half to actually get them to sit in the trays.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Found a new type of Korok puzzle (for me, at least); if you see a shallow hole by a slope, chances are there is a boulder at the peak begging to be pushed down the hill into that hole.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I think it starts off easy with a boulder right next to a Korok'a hole on the plateau.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Music Theory posted:

you're supposed to reflect the lasers at him though? but I will grant that he doesn't send them back at increasingly frantic speeds

Fortunately you can tank and beat Ganon like an imbecile without figuring out any of the advanced combat mechanics if you've been chasing shrines for two weeks so you have 25-ish heart containers, have all the divine beast assists and a few dozen full recovery foodstuffs :v:

I really like how you automatically regulate the difficulty by how eager your are to progress through the story. After getting my rear end handed to me by the first Lynel in Zora's domain I put all the main quests on the back burner and went hunting for upgrades, final tally was over 64 shrines. At that point you are pretty hilariously overpowered with all upgraded armour, the money you've made along the way and a full arsenal of bomb arrows, stasis+ etc.

The only thing that marred an otherwise top notch game experience was some forced stealth bullshit that outright changes the game rules and GameOvers unexpectedly. At least that part is pretty short.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Whoever came up with the puzzles where you have to switch from the pro controller to the tablet to wiggle it around can suck my dick in hell

Is the waggle sensor on your controller broken maybe? I kept my switch docked for the entirety of the game and played all of it with the (mandatory, really) pro controller.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Found a new type of Korok puzzle (for me, at least); if you see a shallow hole by a slope, chances are there is a boulder at the peak begging to be pushed down the hill into that hole.

The most obscure one I found is that any line of 3 trees you're supposed to remove fruit so that all 3 trees match. I'd been seeing them all game but only figured it out at the very end.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't know why, but I seem to be unable to continue with the story. First I had to get all the towers because who knows. Now I have to get all the memories. I feel like I just can't go on unless I know what happened.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't know why, but I seem to be unable to continue with the story. First I had to get all the towers because who knows. Now I have to get all the memories. I feel like I just can't go on unless I know what happened.

I'll get round to finishing the story once I've scaled every mountain just to see what's there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

r u ready to WALK posted:

Is the waggle sensor on your controller broken maybe? I kept my switch docked for the entirety of the game and played all of it with the (mandatory, really) pro controller.

The Wii U Pro Controller has no motion sensing.