Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ethanol posted:

Just lol if you think Sony wouldn't have killed a Game like botw in favor of the in house far cry witcher 3 rip off with nice graphics

Breath of the Wild would've turned into a shitfest like Watch_Dogs was under a Sony studio, because it would've gotten manhandled, restarted, and scrawled over in crayon half a dozen times in its long development cycle. It's pretty drat clear from how big and dense the game is that what we see is very much likely more-or-less what's been developed since they started the project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This is dumb. Nintendo is a publisher they could put out whatever they wanted in this hypothetical

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Am I crazy for wanting my first PS4 Pro game to just be TLoU Remastered? I know it's a kind of clunky 3rd person shooter, but except for MGR:R it's literally the most fun I've playing vibeo games in years and it's only $20 bucks, and I'm not looking to drop $60 bones immediately after dropping $400, especially since I know Nioh and Horizon aren't going on sale anytime soon and I'm going full digital/exclusives only.

Do difficulty trophies stack in TLoU? Can I get like 5 by making my first run a survivor/completionist run?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bust Rodd posted:

Am I crazy for wanting my first PS4 Pro game to just be TLoU Remastered? I know it's a kind of clunky 3rd person shooter, but except for MGR:R it's literally the most fun I've playing vibeo games in years and it's only $20 bucks, and I'm not looking to drop $60 bones immediately after dropping $400, especially since I know Nioh and Horizon aren't going on sale anytime soon and I'm going full digital/exclusives only.

Do difficulty trophies stack in TLoU? Can I get like 5 by making my first run a survivor/completionist run?

Difficulty trophies traditionally always stack, so playing on the hardest difficulty from the get go will result in your getting all difficulty-based trophies.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Am I crazy for wanting my first PS4 Pro game to just be TLoU Remastered?

Nah it's a brilliant game. It kinda killed my excitement for UC4 and somehow Rise of Tomb Raider, which I'm playing recently.

I went from TLOU to UC4 and found UC4 to be underwhelming. I THEN played Tomb Raider reboot and thought that was better too but I've just tried Rise of Tomb Raider and I think it's a bit of a mess and I find myself wanting to go back to TLOU.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'd probably play Zelda if I could find a switch.

Horizon was loving good though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Just get a wii-u it's a legit good system and runs Zelda good enough

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I liked Rise of the Tomb Raider enough to 100% everything but the story is much weaker than TR2013 and Lara Croft's character is so one-dimensional in it. All the other mechanics though, from platforming to bow combat to the actual tomb raiding were rock solid.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Just get a wii-u it's a legit good system and runs Zelda good enough

The WiiU is pretty much the definitive Zelda machine right now, because it can play just shy of every single Zelda game released. I think maybe only the Oracle/Season games aren't on it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The WiiU is pretty much the definitive Zelda machine right now, because it can play just shy of every single Zelda game released. I think maybe only the Oracle/Season games aren't on it.

I kind of hate how there's this division where they only put the GBC/GB/etc. stuff on the 3DS but not the Wii U, but if you get a Wii U and a 3DS you basically have every Zelda game covered. IIRC they even have the DS games on the Wii U and it really is only missing the Oracle games.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Wiiu wouldn't have the 3ds ones so you lose tri force heroes and link between worlds.

And no links awakening or Oracle games on wiiu either.

Still, you'd be set with both.

Joke answer: wand of gameleon

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

homeless snail posted:

So what exactly is the difference between a garbage rear end console and a good console in your world

One that has more than one game for it with good games coming out in the foreseeable future.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

One that has more than one game for it with good games coming out in the foreseeable future.

SNES: garbage console.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I didn't say every console they have ever made was garbage, but the fact that you have to go back to the mid 90's to defend Nintendo says a lot.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Fix posted:

The worst thing about it was that the gamepad buttons were very quick to stop working.

A little like the N64 analogue stick after playing the loving boat challenge in Mario Party.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You deserve all your hardships for playing Mario Party

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

2016 was 3 months ago and I linked them then, too. And I'm going to keep on linking them and there's nothing you can do to stop me you loving goony rear end goon

They're all bad, friend.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That said I'm definetly getting a WII U once I can dig one up for under $150

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I'm getting a Pro once I stop being unemployed so I can play Shovel Knight better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ufarn posted:

The worst thing about it was that the gamepad buttons were very quick to stop working.

A little like the N64 analogue stick after playing the loving boat challenge in Mario Party.

My original gamepad from like 1992 still works

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Fix posted:

Unlike the Switch the SNES actually has some good exclusives coming out for it in the foreseeable future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esjELN4lT_M

I love Nintendo but the Switch has nothing for me, it's the the first Nintendo system I have zero interest in getting right now, I even got a Wii U on launch day and love it.

I'm surprised to hear about the SNES controller's buttons dying easily. I have some where they're getting a little unresponsive now but I mean they're literally almost thirty years old so I can't really fault them for that.

Either way this is the PS4 thread, so pick up the Danganronpa 1+2 bundle that comes out this week because both of those games are rad and it's only $40 to get both on one disk.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 12, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

veni veni veni posted:

That said I'm definetly getting a WII U once I can dig one up for under $150
They kind of pop-up on SA-Mart for pretty cheap semi-often. Like this guy is selling his and collection which is pretty legit, all you'd want to throw in is Bayonetta 2; BoTW; Wind Waker HD; Captain Toad; Hyrule Warriors (if you have 400 hrs to kill and like * Warriors game); and Yoshi's Woolly World (if you like co-op platformers with your s/o, or even not).

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
i would rather nintendo stop making games completely than go third party

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Afro posted:

i would rather nintendo stop making games completely than go third party

Why?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ChocNitty posted:

I recently got this PS4 bullshit. What game should I play first. Uncharted 4, Horizon, or Yakuza 0?

If you're definitely gonna play those 3 games (and you should, they all own):

Uncharted 4 is "only" around 10-20 hours (depending on difficulty level and whether you poke around for collectibles)
Horizon is absofuckingmassive but not bloated with quests, so you can rush through it or you can spend 30 hours and not even be half done like me
Yakuza 0 will eat your soul if you like minigames, otherwise the main story can be beaten in a fairly quick time, but seriously it's a big wonderful playground with tons of weird different minigames and things to mess around with

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

My original gamepad from like 1992 still works
Is it the purple American one or the more colourful PAL?

I had the European one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PAL one, lol at the US grey and purple monstrosity.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

PAL one, lol at the US yellow and purple monstrosity.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Ineffiable posted:

This is seriously such a good loving first 4 months of the year, especially for ps4. Even better with a wiiu. I have to imagine some Xbone owners why only have just the Xbone are really salty about missing out on like nioh, Yakuza, Nier, and horizon. And it's gonna get worse with persona on the way, and the kingdom hearts collection and so many anime games like gravity rush 2, dangan ronpas or nonary games. If you don't have a ps4, you really are going to miss out on so much.

Sorry guys, turns out we made a deal with the devil. In order to have this fantastic year of games, trump and brexit had to happen.

Lol what is this.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nintendo can never really die, sweetheart. Not as long as it lives on... *lifts finger* ...right here... *touches PS4 thread*

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nintendo shouldn't stop making consoles because they are the only company who can make successful/non-garbage handhelds.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 12, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Andrast posted:

Nintendo shouldn't stop making consoles because they are the only company who can make succesfull/non-garbage handhelds.

Yeah seriously, the GBA/DS/3DS are three of the top 5 consoles of all time when it comes to "quantity and quality of games" for me. Only the PS2 and SNES beat them out there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Andrast posted:

Nintendo shouldn't stop making consoles because they are the only company who can make successful/non-garbage handhelds.
jurys still out on that one mate

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Andrast posted:

Vita was an awesome handheld, ruined by overpriced proprietary storage and the fact that it had to compete with a Nintendo handheld.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Vita was an awesome handheld, ruined by overpriced proprietary storage and the fact that it had to compete with a Nintendo handheld.

and terrible first-party support

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fortunately Compile Heart picked up the slack there

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hardware-wise, yeah the Vita is fantastic. Pity there are only like 5 games for it unless you really like visual novels and/or extremely anime bullshit.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the vita will have two to three times more games and exclusives than the switch or xbone

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Super No Vacancy posted:

the vita will have two to three times more games and exclusives than the switch or xbone

What is good to play on the Vita if I don't like anime?

I got it because I thought remote play would work better than it did and 90% of my time with it was playing Spelunky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

perhaps I can interest you in persona 4 golden