Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Runaktla posted:

This thread is so full of whiny babies masking them flipping their poo poo as "lols" so I keep forgetting we aren't in D&D.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Groovelord Neato posted:

so you're safe from all the horrible poo poo that's happening/will happen.
That is probably true, although my own recent horrible skin cancer experience with subpar health insurance makes me extremely empathetic towards people who would die without it. I want universal health care/single payer.

I just think there's a different way to do it, and by do it, I mean get votes for people (typically democrat candidates) who would implement it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

unpacked robinhood posted:

Gonna request a lol here

i got one for you:

White Evangelicals Believe They Face More Discrimination Than Muslims

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/perceptions-discrimination-muslims-christians/519135/

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

Gonna request a lol here

At the State Department, the normally pulsating hub of executive offices is hushed and virtually empty. At the Pentagon, military missions in some of the world’s most troubled places are being run by a defense secretary who has none of his top team in place. And at departments like Treasury, Commerce and Health and Human Services, many senior posts remain vacant even as the agencies have been handed enormous tasks like remaking the nation’s health insurance system.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/12/us/politics/trump-administration.html?_r=0

Emptiness is the theme of this presidency. lol

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

KrolleBolle posted:

Like that? Lol

promoting a lol for the sake of the thread

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
President Donald Trump pledged to forego a presidential salary, but as his second payday approaches, the White House is declining to say if the president has donated any of his earnings yet.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/after-pledging-donate-salary-trump-declines-release-proof-n732466

it just keeps lolling.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lime Tonics posted:

At the State Department, the normally pulsating hub of executive offices is hushed and virtually empty. At the Pentagon, military missions in some of the world’s most troubled places are being run by a defense secretary who has none of his top team in place. And at departments like Treasury, Commerce and Health and Human Services, many senior posts remain vacant even as the agencies have been handed enormous tasks like remaking the nation’s health insurance system.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/12/us/politics/trump-administration.html?_r=0

Emptiness is the theme of this presidency. lol

Trump has 522 upper management positions for which he doesn't even have a nomination pick.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Heath posted:

Congratulations on managing to say the most repugnant thing in a thread that prominently features Paul Ryan.

He's just illustrating how insurance companies work though?

I live in Europe where we're all 100% covered yadda, yadda. This doesn't stop insurance companies from trying to get parents to sign additional child insurance, at a modest price it has to be said. For about EUR 10/month you get money for say, reworking your home to suit a wheelchair should the unimaginable happen. And so you're basically guilted into it.

Except for what it won't cover: special needs children are subject to evaluation, and in any case any injury sustained is not covered if it is a result of the handicap.. If your child has say, osteoporosis or cerebral palsy you'll likely never see a dime from the insurance company.

My daughter was almost two months premature (she's perfectly fine) and would thus likely be subject to evaluation, not by a medically trained expert mind you, but by a loving bean counter comparing statistics and whose job it would be to hike the premium.
gently caress that.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

etalian posted:

Trump has 522 upper management positions for which he doesn't even have a nomination pick.

Well yeah all the money he's draining from the budget has to come from somewhere.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Runaktla posted:

This thread is so full of whiny babies masking them flipping their poo poo as "lols" so I keep forgetting we aren't in D&D.

please stop posting this is all so lol-less

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Thanks for reposting, things looked a bit d&d for a moment there but I'm glad we're back on track

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

in 8 years obama's vacations cost 85 mil.

at his current rate trump's trips will cost 100 mil in the first year alone.

l o l

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Just wanna say I had a good lol from the "trump is a bird" post lol

KrolleBolle
Oct 26, 2005

Hello, Is this dog?

Lol, that gif has given me many lols, and now it's making the thread great again.

w00tles
Feb 8, 2006

lol but almost lmao

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Just wanna say I had a good lol from the "trump is a bird" post lol

agreed

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lmbo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

bless you for rejuvenating the thread with lols after every single post from the last page had forsaken them

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

amazing :mmmhmm:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Runaktla posted:

But then it will not hike/may drop for the healthier, so it helps some people and harms others.

lol at the idea that healthcare costs will go down

upgrading that to a lmao

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Runaktla posted:

This isn't funny at all!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

health care costs will go down for healthy single men making 55-75k or couples who don't get sick making 145-155k lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Bringing this back to satisfy the lol quota

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

health care costs will go down for healthy single men making 55-75k

Sweet. Looks like this rut might finally pay off!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

"Burrek Oboumski, I need yer burth suh-tiff-icuht by 5pm"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Runaktla posted:

This makes sense from a health insurance company trying to figure out who are the real risks perspective.

Well yeah of course it loving makes sense for them, doesn't mean it's right or good or that we shouldn't be up in arms about it you robot

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Trump Supporters have the trump is hosed thread. Youll have to deal with the fact you know we're laughing at you and the president in this thread, and we'll know in that thread you're doing you best to undermine everything you believe in to defend whatever bullshit trump decides to tweet while watchin fox and friends

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm a fan of Trump itt because I like to laugh

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Have any of these Alt whatever things had their news verified? I'm seriously asking, because I completely stopped paying attention to them after 90 of them popped up and it was obvious some were fakes, and this seems like something pretty easy to independently verify

Mumbling Nuggets
Jan 14, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Rodney posted:

Btw anyone notice how Trump is literally a bird.

Flies south for the winter.

Starts tweeting at sunrise.

Is attracted to shiny things.

Repeats random things he hears during the day with no actual comprehension of what it means.

Tries to attract females with colorful hair crest.

Can't read.

Does not understand politics.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Skypie posted:

Oh dear that's given me a wheezy chest from laughing too hard

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Skypie posted:

:sbahj:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Have any of these Alt whatever things had their news verified? I'm seriously asking, because I completely stopped paying attention to them after 90 of them popped up and it was obvious some were fakes, and this seems like something pretty easy to independently verify

Nope! I'm just asking questions here

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Controversial opinion:

I hope anyone who actually thinks Obama was born in Kenya and has a fake birth certificate dies of rear end cancer.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Madcosby posted:

Trump Supporters have the trump is hosed thread. Youll have to deal with the fact you know we're laughing at you and the president in this thread, and we'll know in that thread you're doing you best to undermine everything you believe in to defend whatever bullshit trump decides to tweet while watchin fox and friends

lol Trump has supporters

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

lol Trump has supporters

https://twitter.com/caramelthot/status/839294934825979904

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pablo gbscobar