Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

TBeats posted:

do the warriors have anybody who will probably be going elsewhere for next season? i would love it if they had this all star team assembled, KD got hurt and they don't win, and then someone leaves this offseason and they don't win.

i hope KD never gets a title unless be pulls a lebron and goes back to where he started.

I think they gotta give curry his max, and if Durant wants a max, iggy or someone else has to take below market value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Carlosologist posted:

I think its crazy that there five generational type big men playing at a time where guard play is peaking; the result being that these big men have guard skills to make their games easier is amazing

The big men era is dead, because they don't ram their rear end into other players repeatedly for 15 seconds- old players

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

peer posted:

In case anyone else hasn't been keeping up on the Nuggets, and thinks Jokic's season stats look merely good rather than great: since new year he's getting 20/11 with five and a half assists, on 58/40/83 shooting :stare:

The full list of previous 20/10/5 seasons (assuming he either hits it this year, which is unlikely, or carries it through to future seasons. A rich(er) man's Chris Webber, perhaps?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TBeats posted:

i hope KD never gets a title unless be pulls a lebron and goes back to where he started.

So basically you never want KD to win a title

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

RaySmuckles posted:

i don't feel much empathy for people with enough disposable income that they can fly across the country to watch a basketball game. but then again, most people on this board actually follow basketball and understand that things like resting players/injuries happen and that no full roster is guaranteed on any given night, nor is a particular player's performance.

so, on the one hand, sure its kind of disappointing that a relatively small amount of people who paid lots of money to watch this game live didn't get to see the full potential that their ticket offered. but a ticket isn't a guarantee to anything other than admission. those people purchased those tickets knowing that there was risk involved, and if they didn't explicitly know that then the onus is on them to be more informed.

the alternative is to pay much less money for tv coverage which greatly reduces the investment risk.

anyway, i digress terribly, but boo hoo if you have the kind of money to spend thousands of dollars to go see a basketball game halfway across the continent and you don't get to see your favorite players play (in particular for the spurs lady above because they're injured, not even being rested).

edit: in addition, how do you even make rules regarding forcing players to play? is there a time amount? do they think that the hunt for stats will make players police their coaches (because i assume DNPs don't reduce your stats, but playing 2 minutes of a game would)?

If you banned rest the team doctors would just be incentivized to tell guys to sit for various minor swellings. The only way to prevent the need for rest is to shorten the season. So it ain't happenin

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zogo posted:

Curry appears to be deteriorating. He's looking more like 2014 Curry than 2015 or 2016. He's still an elite scorer but for him to be MVP level he needs insane shooting and he's not doing that this year. Now that he's not shooting like an alien anymore the Warriors are panicking.

Curry fails to repeat his ridiculous and unsustainable outlier of a shooting season a year later?

You don't say.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TBeats posted:

do the warriors have anybody who will probably be going elsewhere for next season? i would love it if they had this all star team assembled, KD got hurt and they don't win, and then someone leaves this offseason and they don't win.

KD in stealth torpedo mode all along.

kdwithruss_shirt.jpg

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Tae posted:

So basically you never want KD to win a title

He wants KD back on the Sonics when they get a franchise (KD will be 35 years old)

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spacebump posted:

Lol
"I just think it takes away from it because we are here to see all the players," said Mary Lou Mahone, a Spurs fan, who flew to Corpus Christi, Texas, from Sacramento, California, on Friday, before making the drive to San Antonio with her husband, Louis, a Warriors fan. "It's kind of disappointing when you don't get to see everybody. Is LaMarcus [Aldridge] even gonna be here?"
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18886924/highly-anticipated-golden-state-warriors-san-antonio-spurs-game

Is the guy with a heart problem even gonna be here?

It sucks for fans when stars don't play but don't pick out the fans who can fly across the country when they could have driven to a Warriors game.

I'm mostly confused as to why you'd fly to Corpus Christi and then drive to San Antonio.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Adam_Mares/status/841012875149885440

On the other hand. Doug McDermott tho

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Femur posted:

I think they gotta give curry his max, and if Durant wants a max, iggy or someone else has to take below market value.

Yeah to sign Durant to a max contract they are going to have to renounce Iggy and Livingston's bird rights. Iggy and Curry will both have cap holds of around $18 million and Livingston of like $8.5 million which will leave them around $20 million in cap space. Renouncing Iggy and Livingston would get them to around $47 million.

So after signing Durant they would have Curry, Durant, Green, Klay, Damian Jones, McCaw, Looney and about $10 - 12 million in cap space until Curry signs his new deal. Will be an interesting offseason for them.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

What about Doug Mcdougdougdoug Dog?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

Who does Nikola Jokic compare to, historically? Like pre injury Bill Walton? Arvydas Sabonis?

Magic Johnson

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bashez posted:

I'm mostly confused as to why you'd fly to Corpus Christi and then drive to San Antonio.

That also confused me. You'd think her husband would just meet her in SA.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BullsBlogger/status/841026047311253504

https://twitter.com/BullsBlogger/status/841027319540117504

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

He has a very aesthetically pleasing game. 90s style reverses and dribble drives and pull up mid range Js, but 2010s range and passing. Sadly he plays 80s defense without the hard fouls.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

He has a very aesthetically pleasing game. 90s style reverses and dribble drives and pull up mid range Js, but 2010s range and passing. Sadly he plays 80s defense without the hard fouls.

Still better than loving Cameron Paine, Jerrian Grant, or MCW.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

yoooo

https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/841031041024425986

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I wish I hadn't seen that

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

gently caress that's not a photoshop??

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Are we sure that's a real picture of Goran and not someone messing around with distortion effects in photoshop?

edit: :argh:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
poor dragic is always getting the poo poo beaten out of him

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It looks like Dragic is literally missing an eye

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Bulls traded Nurkic, Gary Harris, McDermott, 2 2nd rounders, and Taj Gibson for Carmeron Payne

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

There's video.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/92780441-132.html

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/841037095015743488

edit

Tae posted:

The Bulls traded Nurkic, Gary Harris, McDermott, 2 2nd rounders, and Taj Gibson for Carmeron Payne

https://twitter.com/erikajohns0n/status/840944383935553538

Nothing but hate in my heart.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 12, 2017

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Bulls might as well fire Hoiberg tonight, I don't know if I've seen a team getting reamed this hard this often that wasn't in full tank mode.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Jesus christ I saw the pic and thought "that's a photoshop, it just looks like someone stretched and distorted his eyelid and lashes" but here we are.

It's not the most hosed up eye swelling I've ever seen (I've watched MMA fights with totally gnarly swelling that makes the undereye look like it's about to explode) but it's one of the weirdest looking, I've never seen anything like that before.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 12, 2017

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
It sucks that Mudiay completely tanked and is out of the rotation but Harris more than makes up for it. He fits perfectly with Jokic and he's shooting like 43% from three. Please pay the poo poo out of him, Kronke.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Power of Pecota posted:

The Bulls might as well fire Hoiberg tonight, I don't know if I've seen a team getting reamed this hard this often that wasn't in full tank mode.

Except they're not in full tank mode, that's the problem...

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
DraftExpress has a new tool out that shows the outcome of drafts picks: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-pick-expectations

Only players who have played for five years are eligible for it, so it only goes to as recent as 2012. It has dropdowns to change the year and pick range.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Kibner posted:

DraftExpress has a new tool out that shows the outcome of drafts picks: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-pick-expectations

Only players who have played for five years are eligible for it, so it only goes to as recent as 2012. It has dropdowns to change the year and pick range.

I was wondering who the number 2 pick who completely busted out of the NBA without playing a single game was. It was Len Bias :(

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Power of Pecota posted:

Problem is that you can't fire Hoiberg and leave GarPax in place. They're a package. GarPax staked their legacies on forcing Thibs out and bringing Hoiberg in.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

I was wondering who the number 2 pick who completely busted out of the NBA without playing a single game was. It was Len Bias :(

Well, busted out is one harsh way to put it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/841059194899959813

I will say this about Fred: Even if he didn't suck major rear end as a basketball coach, his job would be hard because the front office is poo poo

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Snell has been great now that Middleton is back to lower his usage.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

Magic Johnson

That's a very logical comparison, except that Jokic's efficiency in the post is about 108% and I dont know what Magic's was

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

The full list of previous 20/10/5 seasons (assuming he either hits it this year, which is unlikely, or carries it through to future seasons. A rich(er) man's Chris Webber, perhaps?

That's aslo a good comparison, not athletically, but as an all around offensive player who's a good paser. I've been thinking about which centers in history were amazing Ricky Rubio quality passers. I remember late career Webber, because he wsas a piston and they were playing flip saunder's old dusty 1960s playbook, and his little passes to cutters and shooters helped their offense a lot, but he wasn't a savant like Jokic.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I did feel bad for the guy that flew to Detroit from Germany to see Kevin Durant last year and then the Thunder rested him.

Also the Pistons have the fourth best record since Feb. 1.
Tobias Harris's scoring off the bench and playing lineups without Drummond or Jackson, but all their good tweeners, wings, Ish Smith, and Leueureru at centers together can really lock down another team and if the right guys heat up, make buckets.

They're also learning how to work around Reggie Jackson's completely destroyed knees in a way that they werent for the previous 30 games. Drummond still only seems to play defense under a full moon, but he's been getting easy buckets whenever lineups allow that. They really need to call whomever was involved n Deandre Jordan's player development and apply it to him. He doesn't realize that his lack of smart defensive play hurts the team. He's just worried about fouling and getting offensive rebounds. I don't know, it's definitely not fair and shows how the league is rigged against my former team

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 13, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/840976531379933186

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/TajGibson22/status/841040124876066817