Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
The gently caress is all this about essences not dropping? I get tons of the damned things.

Essence tab is dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pretty much the only leaguestones I like are breach, essence, perandus, and talisman. If I get a dense map I'll run a beyond

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Pretty much the only leaguestones I like are breach, essence, perandus, and talisman. If I get a dense map I'll run a beyond

Those are the good ones all right.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I like running Invasion because invasion bosses are cool.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Breach, Bloodlines, Perandus, and Rampage are my go-tos, with Rampage paired alongside Breach often because free damage/effects that help kill the Breach density is always nice.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The game seems to think I only want to play Essence.

I hated Essence.

Give me some loving Breach stones :argh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What's the usual route to getting a 6L anyway? Only ones I've ever had I straight up bought after that nonsense last league. Do most people buy a rare they want then struggle to 6L it over thousands of Fusings, save up and buy outright, or what?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Just buy it.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You could farm/buy Celestial Justicar divination cards and then craft the Astral Plate 6L you get from it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8vTFd6z98

Animate weapon is good.

can do all map mods too

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1849698/page/1 build i am following.

queeb fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 13, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Ciaphas posted:

What's the usual route to getting a 6L anyway? Only ones I've ever had I straight up bought after that nonsense last league. Do most people buy a rare they want then struggle to 6L it over thousands of Fusings, save up and buy outright, or what?

I buy a corrupted one with the colors I need for cheap and then use that to farm for a good one.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
28 shards of the right kind...

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'm going assassin, and I wanted to know if flickerstrike it effective at endgame? I'm at the point on my build where I can branch off to daggers for blade flurry or 2h sword for flickerstrike (using terminus est). I would prefer to go flicker, but if it sucks, I'll just go flurry.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Imma just gonna leave this here

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
breach/beyond is the best combo and I'll inevitably rip to it cuz i can't stop running them together in maps

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

palecur posted:

My own question: does character level affect what you can get out of a Reliquary? Just saw my first reliquary key drop, not going to sell it since SSF, but not sure if saving it for later will make any difference to the potential results.

it was a foil Kaom's Sign :smith:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Haerc posted:

I'm going assassin, and I wanted to know if flickerstrike it effective at endgame? I'm at the point on my build where I can branch off to daggers for blade flurry or 2h sword for flickerstrike (using terminus est). I would prefer to go flicker, but if it sucks, I'll just go flurry.

Yes but daggers can flicker too

Blurry is easier to get going

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

palecur posted:

it was a foil Kaom's Sign :smith:

turn it into a foil Kaom's Way :unsmith:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

Similarly I've made due with only 6 normal/premium tabs without any real space issues and don't think you need more space than that, though it can certainly be useful.
Yeah, you don't need many tabs to spam memes in /global 1 out of Lioneye's​ Watch for 250 hours.

zxqv8 posted:

The gently caress is all this about essences not dropping? I get tons of the damned things.

Essence tab is dope.
Please, do tell me about essence drop rate in Breach league vs. that of Essence league or this league, given the Essence league stones. :allears:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 13, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

DigitalMocking posted:

Also, can I get a guild invite for YetAnotherNameAttempt?

sent

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Please, do tell me about essence drop rate in Breach league

I got plenty of essence drops in breach league. They're very common in higher maps.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

I got plenty of essence drops in breach league. They're very common in higher maps.
So did I, but as I've said, the number wasn't close to what I had in Essence league. Heck, I have a comparable amount of Essences now in Legacy league, and I've played for only a fraction of time I spent in Breach league.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
A month into breach league I sold my entire essence collection for something like 7c.
Truly a game mode worth dealing with.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Developer Q&A. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1858393

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
If you're not using essences early on almost all the time you're doing it wrong

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Essence league itself was genius, you could spam the lower tiers for levelling gear as you went along, now it feels like an afterthought that clutters your stash (you'll get what two per ten levels?), untill you get to the last tiers when they become relevant again.

It is funny however that the corrupted essences are so cheap this league, makes me want to try a gimmick build with all Horror or all Insanity gear etc.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm thinking about making a Fire Burst build if/after my current character(s) die.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm thinking about making a Fire Burst build if/after my current character(s) die.

My current (2nd) character is Fire Burst and it's so much fun, thank you to whichever goon linked to the build in this thread

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

please knock Mom! posted:

If you're not using essences early on almost all the time you're doing it wrong

Nah.

Also I'm gathering gear for my Alkaizer impersonation build. Picked up the surrender, abysses, voice of the storm, nice essence of horror 6L. Now all I need is to upgrade my red dream to nightmare and pickup deaths door.

Oh and atziris acuity. Should be no problem.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
I can't be arsed to read the thread back, and see where this stashtab nonsens started, but to keep it simple;

Buy tabs. The answer is always yes. Currency tab? Essence tab? Cardtab? Yes. Buy them all.

1. They are all good. Some are better than others, but they are all good and usefull.

2. With the amount of hours most of us put into this free* game, GGG deserves some of your money as well. It's about supporting a game that we love, and have GGG make the awesome changes/improvements that they are making.

BUY THE loving TABS!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah, you don't need many tabs to spam memes in /global 1 out of Lioneye's​ Watch for 250 hours.
Please, do tell me about essence drop rate in Breach league vs. that of Essence league or this league, given the Essence league stones. :allears:

All you gotta do is use space smart, and never play more than one character a league.

My current set-up is 2 tabs for selling. One for maps. One for Essences, splinters and a couple left-over items. One for Div Cards, and various stuff I want to save (Sac Fragments/Offerings and poo poo). And one for Leaguestones and dumping poo poo in temporarily. Only one I've gotten close to filling is one sale tab, and once I do fill it I just clear out a bunch of lovely stuff that'll never sell at the tab's price anyway.

Sure if you want to actually store gear or fill multiple tabs worth of poo poo while mapping before sorting (which I wouldn't do even with 100 tabs because sorting tabs is THE shittiest activity possible in PoE) it gets a pain, but since I only play one character, any gear I get goes straight to vendor, sale tab or my character anyway except at most 3 - 4 pieces that I need to rebuild/upgrade something else before using it's perfect for me.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I even bought the big dumb quad tab to show all my 1c trash in.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
To be honest seeing streamers with dozens of stash tabs and just imagining scrolling through that poo poo constantly to find things/get to the right dumping tab/etc is one of the biggest reasons I have no interest in getting more than maybe 8 or 10 tabs. Currently I'm doing fine with 6. I'd rather be forced to play slightly inefficiently or sell/vendor poo poo plausibly keepable than start that level of inventory tetris.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Having a few premium tabs full of vaguely usable looking junk is practically a chaos orb cheat, especially this early in the league.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I dunno, I upgraded my dump sale tab from 1c to 2c before I could fill it because I couldn't be hosed going back for 1c any more, and I'm probably gonna have to bump it up again soon. I did have to vendor some poo poo because I finally filled it yesterday though.

Still though, while extra sale tabs like that certainly have good use, I'd hardly call them must-haves like Currency tab and the first one or two Premium tabs.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Insurrectionist posted:

I dunno, I upgraded my dump sale tab from 1c to 2c before I could fill it because I couldn't be hosed going back for 1c any more, and I'm probably gonna have to bump it up again soon. I did have to vendor some poo poo because I finally filled it yesterday though.

Still though, while extra sale tabs like that certainly have good use, I'd hardly call them must-haves like Currency tab and the first one or two Premium tabs.

That's pretty cool that you're enjoying the game without some of the extra bells and whistles that a lot of us couldn't go back from.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

All you gotta do is use space smart, and never play more than one character a league.
Right, this is where I initially lost you. I tend to have at least a few characters, and things pile up rather fast, as I keep twink gear, sell a lot, and hoard certain items just for the sake of hoarding.
Eh, essences own to fix poo poo up until A4M.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I can't stand leveling so I never play more than one character per league. In other games with leagues or similar I usually forgo the league system entirely, but the combination of PoE being a more build-centric game than most where it's fun to play new poo poo, and the economy being there and getting reset in leagues, made staying off Standard an easy decision.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fair enough, levelling can be tedious even if you've nailed down doing it at good speed.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Looking for an invite to the guild. Character's name is Gramps_McGee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

Why would you put your dump tab where you have to scroll when opening the stash initially? Lmao.

I have about 60 premium tabs a div card tab essence tab two giant tabs and a currency tab. I make use of most of it and I'll play 3-5 characters a league. It's not hard to change tabs and I prefer that to playing Tetris with an individual tab.

Some of my tabs are

Maps
T1-3
T4-6
T7-9
T10+
Hammer tabs usually get to 2-3 before I start making chisels
Uniques tab
Chaos 1
Chaos 2 etc up to 10 for selling items listed at those chaos amounts.
Leather belt tabs
Future build tab
Tab for quality flasks.
League stone tab
Talisman tab
Level up uniques ( uniques good for leveling a dude)
Gems tab
Quality gems dump tab that gets emptied form making gcp
5c tab for jewlelry I dump right as I get it
1c tab where all jewelry sits eventually if I need to make a chaos set for a chaos I might need
And then a tab for each slot for rare chaos set. I fill up each tab early on and use it if I need a chaos and don't have one
Dump tab(my giant tab)

Still haven't found a use for my second giant tab

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 13, 2017

• Locked thread