Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Farecoal posted:

why would they testify against themselves

Maybe they're proud and want credit. They are witches and goblins, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Farecoal posted:

Evil is mostly tallied through court orders these days; you're not even second-circle-of-hell material until you've had at least three convictions.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Wouldn't have taken McKee for an OSINT advocate. :v:

(Yes I know he's Old Man Yells At Some Gizmo'ing here but it's a broken clock moment.)

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Also, who was posting First Dog on the Moon? Haven't seen it in ages.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The republican reform bill will create new health care worker shortages. AGC.

They literally aren't, the CIA don't do that domestically, that man is sane arrrgh :argh:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
And even if they could, the republicans didn't mind that poo poo existing last time they held the government. It's only now, when a rich guy is making up a fantasy that Obama's in his closet, spying on him, are there old people suddenly coming out and worrying about the privacy they long since murdered and said "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about!" when they did the deed. If that old saying is so true, why is Trumpy so scared about something coming out if his conscious should be in the clear?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Would be more accurate if the second ambulance had half the parts missing, but sure

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Discendo Vox posted:

The republican reform bill will create new health care worker shortages. AGC.

They literally aren't, the CIA don't do that domestically, that man is sane arrrgh :argh:

It's okay, just stay calm, help is on its way.

Don't worry, we don't want to hurt you, we just want to get you the help you need.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Farecoal posted:

The witch looks like she wasn't told what this press conference was about and feels betrayed. Those kobolds will gladly testify tho.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

It's okay, just stay calm, help is on its way.

Don't worry, we don't want to hurt you, we just want to get you the help you need.

The political cartoonists! They're in my teeth with their promulgation of incorrect intuitions about recent news stories! The DEBT is bleeding through my skin! Ican feelit

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Without someone heavy in the passenger's seat to counterbalance it, the already lopsided but still functional ambulance will topple over completely next time it turns. AGC.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Discendo Vox posted:

The political cartoonists! They're in my teeth with their promulgation of incorrect intuitions about recent news stories! The DEBT is bleeding through my skin! Ican feelit

Don't worry, we'll take you to the doctor. Just go put on your shoes.

They're neatly stacked in the corner over there...

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Shangri-Law School posted:

Also, who was posting First Dog on the Moon? Haven't seen it in ages.

Oh yeah, I had completely forgot that was a thing. Pickled Tink used to post it, right?

I miss that depressed dog, now that you've mentioned it. :(

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

David Rowe, on the WA election:

Bill Leak:

The Australian is posting a "Best of Bill Leak" for their editorial cartoon. I'm still thinking on who would make a good replacement as the right-wing representative Aussie cartoonist in the round-up, everyone else is rather bland.

First Dog on the Moon is back from holiday:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I have no idea what First Dog was up to during his holiday, but it was clearly well spent. :allears:

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 13, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think First Dog has become aware that we're reading him.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
A good First Dog (unironically).

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Trapezium Dave posted:

Bill Leak:

The Australian is posting a "Best of Bill Leak" for their editorial cartoon. I'm still thinking on who would make a good replacement as the right-wing representative Aussie cartoonist in the round-up, everyone else is rather bland.

Best bet is probably Warren in the telegraph but it won't be the same. I mean he's hateful, sure but he doesn't revel in the hate quite like Bill did.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cloks posted:

A good First Dog (unironically).

What do you mean unironically? They're all good first dogs, brent.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

The Resistance Raccoons seem pretty great. Where can I subscribe to their newsletter?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Resistance Raccoons seem pretty great. Where can I subscribe to their newsletter?

Shove a self-addressed envelope into a watermelon and put it in an unlocked trash can.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SomeMathGuy posted:

https://subscribe.theguardian.com/au?INTCMP=NGW_FOOTER_AU_GU_SUBSCRIBE

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

endlessmonotony posted:

Shove a self-addressed envelope into a watermelon and put it in an unlocked trash can.

Is that a Qwerpline reference?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

(and yes, Eric Trump really did say that.)

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

FronzelNeekburm posted:

This happens if you save an image in CMYK color format (for printing) but it goes out to the Web (which usually expects RGB). A lot of browsers misinterpret the colors badly.

Photoshop says that Gamble image is RGB, so I assume they do some sort of conversion on the image before putting it up on the site, and it mangles it up even more.

This is what happens when you're a fucker that has forgotten their contrarian garbage isn't in print any more, and even before that was too much of a lazy gently caress to just provide the drat cartoon in two formats.

"I'm just to GOOD to make things easy!"

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

skipThings posted:

I can't hear what he is saying, but the way he shoves his daughter away from him makes him look like an rear end in a top hat

And the way his wife behaves int that situation kind of confirms it.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Murray Ball just died too. He wasn't a well known political cartoonist, but he was well known in NZ and AU. Footrot Flats was very amusing to 12 year old me.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MikeyTsi posted:

And the way his wife behaves int that situation kind of confirms it.

To be fair, to me it just looks like a woman who glanced at the TV, realised what was happening, then tried to get in, grab the kids and not be noticeable. If you've ever seen stage hands trying to move something onstage in the middle of a scene when they aren't supposed to be there, it's the same look.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Have y'all seen these? Homages to classic comic books with real Trump quotes.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ranter posted:

Murray Ball just died too. He wasn't a well known political cartoonist, but he was well known in NZ and AU. Footrot Flats was very amusing to 12 year old me.

It still stands as a really good peek into how a lot of New Zealand men see themselves. And the movie is sweet and so fuckin' dumb, with a ridiculously great soundtrack.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

what

ed: oh i get it, gently caress him for calling it a political football tho

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 13, 2017

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Broken clock, yadda yadda.

Never mind that in a lot of circumstances that solution just flat out won't work.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MikeyTsi posted:

Never mind that in a lot of circumstances that solution just flat out won't work.

Yeah I saw a lot of bathrooms like that out east. They simple took the male/female signs off. Doesnt work with non-single user restrooms very well. It should but some people are very uptight about potty time.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Does he not know that that's usually how they're done?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah just tear down all existing bathrooms and rebuild them in an extremely cost and space inefficient manner, instead of just "not being a loving dumb rear end in a top hat".

problem solved!!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

MikeyTsi posted:

The university I work at cooked up a decent solution for its multigender restrooms - a bunch of single toilets behind locking doors situated around a communal sink area. But they have to be designed that way from the ground up and a lot of buildings are, well, old, so it's not a magic bullet by any stretch.

e: Not to mention, given it's only Monday, I figure Tinsley will transition this into being lovely about transpeople yet again.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 13, 2017

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

SomeMathGuy posted:

The university I work at cooked up a decent solution for its multigender restrooms - a bunch of single toilets behind locking doors situated around a communal sink area. But they have to be designed that way from the ground up and a lot of buildings are, well, old, so it's not a magic bullet by any stretch.

That's still incredibly inefficient in terms of space, even when you can design that from the start.

Just, maybe let it go when people go. We all spend our time in there trying to ignore every one else as much as possible, let's just keep doing that.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

There's a great Muppets comic strip I can't track down atm of Gonzo walking past the doors for the men's room and women's room to the Whatever room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Somfin posted:

It still stands as a really good peek into how a lot of New Zealand men see themselves. And the movie is sweet and so fuckin' dumb, with a ridiculously great soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5adBGkxfsZg

music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pWejAnLUQ

• Locked thread