Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

lets hear it for the plucky freedom fighters of novorussia, fighting off the gay euronazis with a motor rifle brigadethat fell of the back of a truck

You missed the part where not everyone critical of US foreign policy thinks Russia isn't also an imperialist power waving their dick in places it shouldn't go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

YF-23 posted:

You missed the part where not everyone critical of US foreign policy thinks Russia isn't also an imperialist power waving their dick in places it shouldn't go.

so did fiction

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

lets hear it for the plucky freedom fighters of novorussia, fighting off the gay euronazis with a motor rifle brigadethat fell of the back of a truck

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

so did fiction

I dunno man, you're the one saying that he's a Russia yes-man, not his posts.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Russia will definitely try to do an imperialism on the non russophile parts of Ukraine some time in the near future.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Namarrgon posted:

CU

CU boss Arie Slob
It should probably tell you something that I had to look up who leads this party.
You picked the wrong person though, it's Gert-Jan Segers now.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

9-Volt Assault posted:

poo poo. I wish I could claim this was part of the joke but unfortunately not.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
So I slept through most of Sunday, and now I woke up and apparently we are at war with Turkey??

Erdogan calls Netherlands a Banana Republic

Turks trying to burn Dutch flag burn French flag by accident

Dutch flag at consulate in Istanbul replaced with Turkish flag

"Dutch police used dogs and water cannon early on Sunday to disperse the crowd in Rotterdam, which threw bottles and stones. Several demonstrators were beaten by police with batons, a Reuters witness said. They carried out charges on horseback, while officers advanced on foot with shields and armoured vans."

Turkish minister deported after confrontation with Dutch police, Wilders releases inflammatory statement

Edit:
Hahaha, these tweets

https://twitter.com/gryffix/status/840916805552082946

https://twitter.com/muazamat/status/840908373801484288

https://twitter.com/by_ismailhakki/status/840890538467422209

twoday has issued a correction as of 11:29 on Mar 13, 2017

twoday
May 4, 2005

In other news, 2 days until the election and I still haven't made up my mind. I'm thinking of buying a blank 12 sided die at the games shop and writing in some party names?

Should I vote for DENK? I am intimidated by the might of the Turks, and as a coward, want to appease them

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

twoday posted:

In other news, 2 days until the election and I still haven't made up my mind. I'm thinking of buying a blank 12 sided die at the games shop and writing in some party names?

Should I vote for DENK? I am intimidated by the might of the Turks, and as a coward, want to appease them

Vote DENK! a vote for DENK is a vote to purge the gulenist scum

(seriously dont vote for DENK)

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

post DENK memes

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

twoday posted:

Don't vote for DENK, they intimidate mosques to bully them into issuing voting recommendations, use fake social media accounts for trolling and sock-puppetry, and love to attack the media as political tactic (if you want to vote for anyone with a migrant background, there's some perfectly decent choices available, such as Khadija Arib (PvdA), Sadet Karabulut (SP) or my probable choice, Nevin Özutok (GL). )

Pluskut Tukker has issued a correction as of 12:39 on Mar 13, 2017

twoday
May 4, 2005

Haha, don't worry guys, I'm not actually going to vote for a party that denies the Armenian genocide.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

twoday posted:

Haha, don't worry guys, I'm not actually going to vote for a party that denies the Armenian genocide.

more like CENK lmao

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
how did the Netherlands end up with an AKP mouthpiece party running for parliament

i would've thought Germany would seem the more natural option

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

TheIllestVillain posted:

how did the Netherlands end up with an AKP mouthpiece party running for parliament

They were elected as part of the Labour party but split from them over not being able to follow the AKP party line, now they're running for themselves. Tiny one issue splinter parties are a proud Dutch tradition, they're less likely in Germany where you need at least 5% of the vote to get in. Wilders started out like that too...

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

twoday posted:

The Dutch government currently does not recognize the Armenian genocide.

What I'm saying is don't vote for VVD or PvdA.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

TheIllestVillain posted:

Parliamentary seats (and votes) are granted to individuals, instead of to parties. So, at any point during the cabinet those individuals can decide to leave their party and start an independent party. This is common and usually results in the new party not getting any seats in the next election.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Namarrgon posted:

How many more oranges have to die be squeezed before this changes?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Namarrgon posted:

Parliament does, though.
http://www.aina.org/news/20150410044601.htm

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

No it doesn't. That declares the intent 'to make discussabel the question of the Armenian Genocide with Turkey' and that parliament is of the opinion that it is a good thing if Turkey and the Armenian region come to an understanding. Which is hollow self-evident talk.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Oh yeah, you're right. I blindly copy-pasted that without actually reading the resolution. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe by next week

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Is there a turk party that's anti-bombing the poo poo out of kurds

9-Volt Assault posted:

Don't listen to this guy, hes trying to cripple the Slobmentum

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wait what why is turkey even running in the dutch election

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also wtf demmark

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Is there a turk party that's anti-bombing the poo poo out of kurds

Yes, and the Turkish government is suppressing the poo poo out of them.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Baloogan posted:

also wtf demmark

Those fascists blocked the Turkish minister from visiting their country!

Look at what I just found in natura:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

twoday posted:

No ring, no vote.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

twoday posted:

Holy poo poo this is good.

And where did that orange thing come from? Its making me gniffle everytime i see it but there is probably something vile behind it

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Thatim posted:

Holy poo poo this is good.

And where did that orange thing come from? Its making me gniffle everytime i see it but there is probably something vile behind it

Our royal family is the House of Orange Nassau, so Oranges have been used pretty often as a symbol for them and for the country.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Can the king vote?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Yes, but I don't think they ever do. At least this year, he, the queen and the former queen are not voting: http://nos.nl/artikel/2161173-willem-alexander-maxima-en-beatrix-gaan-niet-stemmen.html
They want to be impartial. According to that article, they did not even vote back when it was legally required, so they were technically breaking the law by not voting.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Jizz into Darkness posted:

Our royal family is the House of Orange Nassau, so Oranges have been used pretty often as a symbol for them and for the country.

I should have known that.

Ill report for integration.

Edit: no really, i never saw an orange being used to represent the king and queen. It is really funny that the angry Turks think this offends us or whatever

Martin BadClixx has issued a correction as of 08:17 on Mar 14, 2017

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

I'm voting for Arib tomorrow. But I hope GL wins big.

I also had no idea Arie Slob wasn't leading the CU anymore since just now reading this thread lmao.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

GL and D66 are both big on flexible contracts and those are really bad!!! A GL/D66/CDA/VVD coalition would of course be better than a VVD/PVV/SGP/FvD hell-coalition, but it would still be really bad for low-earners outside the Randstad.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
there is only one real leftist option in the Netherlands, and that is Partij voor de Dieren. They are literally the only party that are openly anti-capitalist, and openly criticize economic growth as the ultimate factor for happiness. they are also the only party to openly support universal basic income.

just lol at calling GL left.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sai posted:

I'm voting for Arib tomorrow. But I hope GL wins big.

I also had no idea Arie Slob wasn't leading the CU anymore since just now reading this thread lmao.

lol, i hope you die before you can reach the polling station and vote for the PVDA, which is the single worst party in the netherlands.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

I don't want the desintegration of capitalism. I want it at it's rightful place; chained and at the knees of human rights and the welfare state.

Waffling between SP and PvdD.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Namarrgon posted:

I don't want the desintegration of capitalism. I want it at it's rightful place; chained and at the knees of human rights and the welfare state.

I think I need a Harry Potter metaphor. So if Wilders is Voldemort...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Wilders is an evil death eather. The true master and parent is liberal VVD.

I don't really know Harry Potter...

• Locked thread