Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Hmm... thanks for the suggestions. I'll give that deck a whirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm rerolling accounts to give this game a try, looks neat. Do animated Legendaries disenchant enough materials to create a regular Legendary like when dusting a golden Legendary in Hearthstone?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no animated legendaries give 2500

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Awesome! posted:

no animated legendaries give 2500

Ok so I can treat one junk animated Legendary and one junk regular Legendary as one good Legendary when rerolling. Cool.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No such thing as a junk animated legendary

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dusted my animated alexander and i dont regret it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Playing Ramp Phoenix Dragon

The OTK with Roost + Genesis Dragon + Urd + Urd is funny as all hell. They always assume its Bahamut so they hold back their wards so it doesn't "waste" them.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/840487978464030720

More like Vlad the Boring. (At least he kills Albert and maybe some knights while he's at it, and your bats)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 11, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Game is p fun. Just started playing and with all the free tickets they gave me I have an instant win card which is nice.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

This game's expansions are coming pretty fast! Did the developers say anything about implementing Standard in the future?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I like the countdown cards but I think I might have waaaay too many in my deck

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Got a weird reroll I'm unsure about. I backed it up to Facebook just to be on the safe side. It's only five Legendaries so that's a bit low (I've had several with 8) but it's 3x Daria Dimensional Witch, Dark Angel Olivia and Eidolon of Madness.

I really wanted to play Shadowcraft so I've been rolling for Cerberus plus something nice, but a full play set of Darias given all the hype in the thread seems worth consideration. Is a roll of 3x Daria going to be a better starting place than something like 8x legendaries with maybe 4-5 of them single copies of top tier stuff?

Edit: I'm in no rush to stop rerolling. There's a broken part of my brain that's actually enjoying opening all these packs of cards.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The thing is with 8 legendaries with singles of top tiers lets you play around with a bunch of different decks and classes. Daria will pretty much mostly only support daria decks while someone like ancient elf or cerberus can go into alot of different decks. It's up to you on what type of player you are: do you just want a single completed high tier deck to climb the ladder hard or do you like having alot of incomplete decks that lets you dip into different playstyles and maybe complete one of those decks with vials later on when you find a deck you really really enjoy playing.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

If anyone new to the game that doesn't want to mess with rerolling I have a decent one I rolled up a while back and have been using to do my private match quests, has 11 legendaries including 2 alberts and a bahamut (and one animated pluto to dust), haven't done anything past the tutorial so you'll still have to do the story stuff for the basic cards and all the free money quests like fighting the AI etc. It's been a while since I've linked accounts but I think I can just PM or email you the ID and link code to input from the title screen.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

The thing is with 8 legendaries with singles of top tiers lets you play around with a bunch of different decks and classes. Daria will pretty much mostly only support daria decks while someone like ancient elf or cerberus can go into alot of different decks. It's up to you on what type of player you are: do you just want a single completed high tier deck to climb the ladder hard or do you like having alot of incomplete decks that lets you dip into different playstyles and maybe complete one of those decks with vials later on when you find a deck you really really enjoy playing.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but thought I'd ask incase the reward structure was set up in a way that one top tier deck would allow me to flesh out a collection of legendaries way faster or something. I'm having fun rerolling and seeing all the Legendaries pop up so I'm in no frantic rush. It's a nice way to kill time while watching Netflix. If I hit something ridiculous I'll stick with it.

Thanks for the insight.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Looking at the Japanese twitter, apparently Vlad's name in Japanese is "Vlad Dracula"? I find that amusing for some reason.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This is a noticw to the few PTP players ive run into: yes you have milled to 30 shadows but 6 damage doesnt kill my bahamut.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

That's kind of what I was thinking, but thought I'd ask incase the reward structure was set up in a way that one top tier deck would allow me to flesh out a collection of legendaries way faster or something. I'm having fun rerolling and seeing all the Legendaries pop up so I'm in no frantic rush. It's a nice way to kill time while watching Netflix. If I hit something ridiculous I'll stick with it.

Thanks for the insight.

Yeah, the reward structure is such that there's some small benefits to being able to ladder, but they're monthly and also just grindable with pretty much anything at low rankings. And ranking up fast will only run you into opponents who've also taken time to get cards.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

owlcat

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

i'll take 6

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The owlcat article btw where it along with other insane cards were revealed: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/13/8-new-shadowverse-cards-exclusive-ign-reveal

The blood legendary is strong but I wonder how useful it really will be. Against aggro you'll win the next turn if you don't die first but the thing is against aggro, control blood should automatically win anyway if you can last to turn 8. Versus control right now it would do poorly vs haven and ramp dragon. The rest it's a wash because either they kill you right away like forest with roach/bolt, sword with albert, and rune with anything, or shadow stalls you with wards while mordecai does his thing

The forest anti aggro amulet looks insane, the shadow amulet is interesting and I'm not sure how to feel about the haven amulet, will it be the card elevate eidolon

Oh and almost forget sword getting a crazy good BRONZE follower

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 13, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to eat a Bahamut/Servant of Darkness/Other fatsos with a owlcat. (they have to print a new card to combo with it).

And that shadow amulet will cause Nephdecks to become even more convoluted. Since it only pulls shadow cards you could make a deck with a couple of shadow cards with a nice death-rattle of a certain cost (4pp for example) and pull them out before Neph hits, filling other low pp costs with neutrals.

e: Same stats but catte wins

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Mar 13, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

trucutru posted:

And that shadow amulet will cause Nephdecks to become even more convoluted. Since it only pulls shadow cards you could make a deck with a couple of shadow cards with a nice death-rattle of a certain cost (4pp for example) and pull them out before Neph hits, filling other low pp costs with neutrals.

Or, instead of crippling your deck, you could just not use this card. Which isn't very good anyway, because all the high value Nep pulls are 7+ anyway.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Or, instead of crippling your deck, you could just not use this card. Which isn't very good anyway, because all the high value Nep pulls are 7+ anyway.

No fun allowed guys. The card has already been deemed not good enough.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It just looks bad at first glance? Like, why would you want that?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

So, how long until we have the animated version of this? Really want to make an Owlcat avatar.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/841212260743704576

Such low value, disgusting. More seriously, I feel like they don't understand what the problems with Earth Rite are. It is not that we need more ways to turn them into 2/2s.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Vagabond Frog seems a little broken

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No Wave posted:

Vagabond Frog seems a little broken

Couldn't you just put up any taunt whatsoever? I guess it could be buffed with Ambush synergy, but that's never really worked before.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
More cards https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5z4ehz/new_reveals_from_dengeki_online/

quote:

Competitive Spirit
Bronze Amulet
Neutral 3pp
Countdown (2)

As long as this Amulet is in play, followers on each side cannot attack the opposing leader as long as there are any attackable followers on the field.

lol. I have no idea if this will be good or not but it sure is going to be annoying.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Making that a Neutral Amulet is pretty interesting, since they're generally harder to remove, meaning it could potentially affect the entire game.

Whole lotta anti-aggro revealed so far, guess they want the meta to slow down. Hopefully that doesn't result in more OTK/Combo decks just kind of dominating.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PurplieNurplie posted:

Making that a Neutral Amulet is pretty interesting, since they're generally harder to remove, meaning it could potentially affect the entire game.

Whole lotta anti-aggro revealed so far, guess they want the meta to slow down. Hopefully that doesn't result in more OTK/Combo decks just kind of dominating.

Well, it's a way to deal with storm->face decks as long as you have minions on board.

Dropping that amulet on 8, then Aegis on 9, then the amulet again on 10 is going to make reddit explode.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lotsa tiddies in dis game

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Top decking bahamut gives me a boner

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm trying to give this game a whirl and have been doing the reroll dance. Right now I just got Bahamut x 2, Sahaquiel, Prince of Darkness, Fairy Princess x 2 and Eidolon of Madness, which I think fits into the "at least four good legendaries" but they're also all neutral cards?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the issue is bahamut and sahaquiel only really go in expensive control decks. prince of darkness can work in a cheaper haven guardian sun deck or something though.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

If you're doing the rerolls on an android device, I'd save the profile file and continue rerolling to see if you get anything better.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Midrange forest with wolf bolt feels so good right now, to think forest is getting the poo poo buffed out of them anyway next expansion lmao

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Midrange forest with wolf bolt feels so good right now, to think forest is getting the poo poo buffed out of them anyway next expansion lmao

do you have a list? that sounds pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, I figured it was way too controlly and control is never cheap. I'll see if I can find the profile on Nox (I'unno why but even rooted I can't find the freakin' profile data) and save it.

Right now I'm playing a bit of Take Two, since I mostly played Arena in HS. I'm 3-1 with what I think is a pretty good tempo deck for this game. My 3s are bad but I'm starting to believe this game has no legit three-drops, hehe. Evolve fucks me up so hard, I don't get how to use it or how to counter it, I'm just doing it for tempo swings in the mid-game. Also holy poo poo this game has a ton of removal since you can just charge whatever two or three times a game.

• Locked thread