Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder if anywhere else will pick up McCloughan. He's worked miracles in each of his three stints in the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Bears.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/841074597596389376

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:stare: I get the impression that getting all of that out coherently was a challenge.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if anywhere else will pick up McCloughan. He's worked miracles in each of his three stints in the NFL.

It'd never happen, but i'd really love for him to work for the Chargers in some capacity. He has a serious eye for talent, and frankly Telesco could really use some help in that department...

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Content matches up with the preview still

You heard the man. "Throwing the ball" has just always been his thing. What more do you want from him, Bears?!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

:stare: I get the impression that getting all of that out coherently was a challenge.

Calling that coherent is generous

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 13, 2017

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

*is the only one in america to watch this video not aghast, only taking a drag from a cigarette and raising an eyebrow almost imperceptibly*

*is jay cutler*

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Must be a challenge for the blood to get up to his head, with that neck of his and all...

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I heard Giraffes have become endangered so I'm really happy that the Chicago Zoo decided to take one in

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Raku posted:

*is the only one in america to watch this video not aghast, only taking a drag from a cigarette and raising an eyebrow almost imperceptibly*

*is jay cutler*

Hmm, yes, finding a dire market for his services, Cutler has slipped seamlessly into the Bears' social media manager role.

I can't think of any other reason for that clip being approved for posting. But I look forward to more.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SKULL.GIF posted:

I imagine he'll start up his scouting service again with one less customer.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Is anyone else reminded of Fredo Corleone when Glennon says he's smart?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks pursuing Brian Schwenke, is he good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

It'd never happen, but i'd really love for him to work for the Chargers in some capacity. He has a serious eye for talent, and frankly Telesco could really use some help in that department...

Talent isn't Telesco's problem.

He just needs to focus on players who aren't permanently hurt and had giant red flag injury issues coming out of college

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

never heard glennon speak before.

He sounded exactly like I expected him to.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Apparently realizing they were used as a mouthpiece by the Redskins to call McCloughan an alcoholic, the WP is now going after Snyder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...m=.d620c95a3620

Haha look at this loving quote

quote:

Vinny Cerrato got fired because, as the owner had the nerve to tell author Gary Myers, “The general manager needs to prevent the owner from hiring someone who’s not qualified. And that’s why Vinny is no longer here, to be truthful. He’s not here because his job was to prevent the owner from hiring a not-qualified coach.”

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
uh-oh...

https://twitter.com/mikegiardi/status/841116051140141056

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
People that are under rating Philly's signing of Alshon & Torrey clearly didn't watch 16 games with Agholor and Green-Beckham on the outside.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Well he has virtually 0 leverage soooo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

89 posted:

People that are under rating Philly's signing of Alshon & Torrey clearly didn't watch 16 games with Agholor and Green-Beckham on the outside.

Torrey wouldn't fill.me with confidence if i was an eagles fan.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

BlindSite posted:

Torrey wouldn't fill.me with confidence if i was an eagles fan.

He's arguably the WR3. He had to be the WR1 in a disgusting SF offense. Wentz is on a different planet that Gabbert and Kaepernick are on. I still think it's an observation to keep in mind that Torrey and Crabtree had the EXACT same numbers in their last 2 years in SF. Crabtree worked out pretty okay in Oakland to say the least.

Also, it's huge that Alshon & Torrey are coming in as they are veteran WRs with success. Previously, the oldest WR on the roster was...Jordan Matthews at 25 years old.

Now, needless to say, if Corey Davis or Mike Williams are still on the board in the draft, we better take their rear end. Even over our glaring CB need.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

89 posted:

He's arguably the WR3. He had to be the WR1 in a disgusting SF offense. Wentz is on a different planet that Gabbert and Kaepernick are on.

kaepernick had better stats last year than carson wentz did

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yeah looking back at Wentz's year he was kinda a bottom 5 QB. granted some of that is due to having a shitpile at WR but I'm a lot less optimistic about him than I was in December. his mechanics are garbage and his placement is....also garbage. I'm actually kinda worried Jeffery will reinforce those bad habits, allowing Wentz to throw up lovely 50/50 balls and making him look good by fighting to come down with them. hopefully that'll improve this year, but idk how good Pederson's staff will be at coaching up a raw but talented rookie.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You'll see.

You will all see.

:colbert:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Seahawks pursuing Brian Schwenke, is he good

He was slated to be the Titans starter at center and played decently for most of last year before being injured. Lost his starting job to Ben Jones when he came in in FA last year. He was then moved to guard and played this year mostly as a backup to Josh Kline and Quentin Spain and did alright. He'd be a good backup but probably not a starter.

edit: He lost his starting job to two undrafted guards if that tells you anything.

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 13, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

89 posted:

You'll see.

You will all see.

:colbert:

Alshon miss half the year with a hamstring injury? Yes, yes we will.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So how do we ensure the Bears are the team on Hard Knocks this year?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Demon Of The Fall posted:

He lost his starting job to two undrafted guards if that tells you anything.

Sounds good to me! Let's put it him next to the basketball player and see where it takes us.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

89 posted:

He's arguably the WR3. He had to be the WR1 in a disgusting SF offense. Wentz is on a different planet that Gabbert and Kaepernick are on. I still think it's an observation to keep in mind that Torrey and Crabtree had the EXACT same numbers in their last 2 years in SF. Crabtree worked out pretty okay in Oakland to say the least.

Also, it's huge that Alshon & Torrey are coming in as they are veteran WRs with success. Previously, the oldest WR on the roster was...Jordan Matthews at 25 years old.

Now, needless to say, if Corey Davis or Mike Williams are still on the board in the draft, we better take their rear end. Even over our glaring CB need.

Crabtree is better than Torrey and always has been

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Metapod posted:

Crabtree is better than Torrey and always has been

Not according to Richard Sherman :grin:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/demarcusware/status/841375464484667392

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Godspeed, DeMarcus. Glad you got your ring :unsmith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Godspeed, DeMarcus. Glad you got your ring :unsmith:

I'm not.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

89 posted:

While you clearly haven't watched Smith and Jeffrey outside of madden for 2+ years

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That being said they do have talent, it's just you're banking against their most recent demonstrations of ability.

Id be jumping for joy if Kelvin Benjamin was traded for Miami but that's because I missed watching how bad he's become.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Jeffery

andey

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
https://twitter.com/TodaysLoop/status/841365874611216384

I assume he'll be suspended

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

he won't IMO

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
lol isn't Zeke in a legal battle currently for domestic abuse? I guess pulling out tiddies is one way to show you respect women and help your image

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Supposedly he showed police text messages from her where she claimed she would ruin his career if he broke up with her, then the allegations came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spintzel posted:

lol isn't Zeke in a legal battle currently for domestic abuse? I guess pulling out tiddies is one way to show you respect women and help your image

Well I can't watch the video since I'm at work, but from what I've read, she asked him to pull those tiddies out.

• Locked thread