Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That sounds like all of English history, not just Victorian era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

"LETS PLAY....THE FAMILY FEUD!"

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Those X-Men clone panels are creepy as hell honestly, I'd love to see more of that sequence. What's the source?

Like the pride of Cyclopses in iron masks. drat.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah but he's from Victorian England, isn't he? They were basically all about taking other cultures' poo poo and using it the way they damned well pleased, accuracy be damned.

True, but you have to appropriate things in the right way. Misusing Greek letters makes one look so uncultured.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Android Blues posted:

Those X-Men clone panels are creepy as hell honestly, I'd love to see more of that sequence. What's the source?

Like the pride of Cyclopses in iron masks. drat.

Gillen's Uncanny X-Men #14

Sinister lobotomized a Celestial at the beginning of the run and used its brain to build an underground kingdom of Sinister clones based on Victorian London.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
those are some good panels

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'm reading Sinister's dialogue in the voice of Broken Matt Hardy and it fits perfectly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I was hearing Gary Oldman as Dracula, but that works too

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Gillen's Sinister is the very best version of the character and I can only pray that the movie version when it comes will draw as much inspiration as possible from that Uncanny run. The scene at the end where he shows up to taunt an imprisoned Cyclops for being a colossal gently caress up after having killed and taken the form of the PR agent Scott hired at the beginning of the run is one of my favorite comic book moments.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

I'm reading Sinister's dialogue in the voice of Broken Matt Hardy and it fits perfectly.

"BROTHER CYCLOPS! I KNEW YOU'D COME!"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nipponophile posted:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I was hearing Gary Oldman as Dracula, but that works too

smh if you're not reading Sinister's words in Tim Curry's voice

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Not Tony Jay?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaz-L posted:

Not Tony Jay?

That's Apocalypse.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I imagine Sinister has a Russian accent, since he's clearly Colossus with some makeup on.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

prefect posted:

I imagine Sinister has a Russian accent, since he's clearly Colossus with some makeup on.

As we discovered in Paradise x

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah but he's from Victorian England, isn't he? They were basically all about taking other cultures' poo poo and using it the way they damned well pleased, accuracy be damned.

England has long had a hard-on for classical studies and a highly cultured Victorian gentleman would probably have spoken Greek. Like one of my advisors said, "Well, Latin is easy enough that anyone can learn it."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Southern Bastards #16
Coach Boss' football team has been on a losing streak, so he and some goons pay a visit to the opposing team's star player to even the odds.

A comic's worth of bad stuff happens to the kid and his parents...

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
For a second I read that one word as "Chinamen" and boy did that turn the tone around.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sorry, but they're right. Sinister is Broken Matt now. Now and forever. Tim Curry has been deleted.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Man I hate Coach Boss.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It's so loving ham handed that Tim Buckely may as well have written it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Well he's got Steve Smith's number, and an enormous chip on his shoulder, so I like him already.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

CannonFodder posted:

Well he's got Steve Smith's number, and an enormous chip on his shoulder, so I like him already.

And "ice up, son" is pretty fitting with the context.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

He's faster than the DBs who are: trash, trash, fuckboy, ?

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 15, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
...Does he win the game?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

...Does he win the game?

Read Southern Bastards!
We hear it announced as a tie on a radio while dudes dressed in the opposing team's fan gear take to one of Coach Boss's meth cook sites with a couple of uzis.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Read Southern Bastards!
It's been on my to-read list forever!

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't read the panels from SB since everything after the 3rd trade is either not out yet or on its way to me, but allow me to add one more voice to the "Read Southern Bastards!" crew. That comic packs more story per page in less words than I've ever seen, and issue after issue it manages to expand my expectations for the comic medium. It's obscene how good it is.

edit: the comics arrived yesterday and got read, the pages I expected were what were up there. This comic is so great.

Shovelmint fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 16, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I wrote some stuff about Thor and Skurge elsewhere, and I'm p sure all the panels have been posted here at some point, but if it's ok, I can post more Thor.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Toshimo posted:

I wrote some stuff about Thor and Skurge elsewhere, and I'm p sure all the panels have been posted here at some point, but if it's ok, I can post more Thor.

Skurge is on the first page of this thread.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Skurge is on the first page of this thread.

Ok, you're right. We don't need more Thor.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
no, we always need more Thor

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
C'mon man

Pretty much just Thor: God of Thunder

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Thor is my favorite comic character but maybe my least-liked film character.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Thor 2 was the most aggressively boring and unfun Marvel film yet, though admittedly I haven't seen Dr. Strange which some people I know have told me is worse

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Strange is better than Thor 2 but only because of the psychedelia

Oh and it has tilda in it

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I do dislike movie Vision more, who is basically just a huge dork with a diamond in he fuckin' head and doesn't even have an interesting aesthetic, just Bicentennial Man meets Gumby.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Movie vision is a huge rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

site posted:

Movie vision is a huge rear end in a top hat

As are Movie Tony,Rhodes and T'Challa.