Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ugh i bought an amiibo. My shame is eternal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love amiibo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Which Amiibo? I got Archer link and the guardian.

I am weak.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

Did the cashier judge you when they rang it up?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I always ask for a gift receipt so they don't think it's for me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I bought some animal crossing Amiibo today cause they were on clearance for $2 and they'll go great in my kids Easter basket.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Cartoon Man posted:

Did the cashier judge you when they rang it up?

No I was smart and bought it at toys r us at the same time i was buying birthday gifts for childrens.

Kirios posted:

Which Amiibo? I got Archer link and the guardian.

I am weak.

It is the Shovel Knight amiibo so I could play multiplayer so i guess I'm not a complete piece of poo poo, though i am very close.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah actually multiplayer is no longer gated behind Amiibo, so you bought that for no reason.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I preorderd 2 Switches as a failsafe, one from Gamestop and one from Wal Mart. Launch night I endured the Gamestop 12:00am launch lines (the smell was horrible) and went home to play Zelda. The next day, Saturday, I went to Wal Mart with the intention of getting the second Switch to see if my brother wanted it, and if not then sell it at cost and help someone out

So I get to electronics and show the receipt to the college aged nerd there. He looks a little surprised/hesitant and says he'll go back and get the Switch. So I hang around and literally 20-25 minutes pass. I'm playing on my phone and getting a little pissed because I have better things to do than loving wait. If there's a problem (as in, they don't have the Switch), then at least tell me so I can leave.

Finally, the guy comes back with another college aged nerd for backup and says in the tiniest, saddest voice ever: "the launch was last night and they accidentally sold an extra one and we don't have your switch i'm sorry :( we can put the money back on your credit card"

At this point I'm not surprised but I'm still a little pissed about waiting so long, so I do a snort/shrug kind of thing and chuckle a little, and say "Ok let's do that, but I still want this here Pro Controller"

The Wal Mart guy visibly looked relieved and started ringing me up. His backup friend said "You are taking this WAY better than I expected" I just kind of shrugged again and laughed and said "It's fine". Then me and the other guy got into a conversation about how Nintendo needs to get their poo poo together and make enough units, citing amiibo and the NES classic. I left with my Pro Controller which is 100x better than those lame rear end Joycons and went home to play Zelda. Welp that's my retail story.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

parallelodad posted:

Yeah actually multiplayer is no longer gated behind Amiibo, so you bought that for no reason.

what

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Now buy Wolf Link so you can have a cool animal friend in Breath of the Wild

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It is complete loving bullshit that the Shovel Knight amiibo does not give you the Shovel of Hope as a weapon in BOTW, guess I'll have to settle for my blue glowy chainsaw.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

any amiibos bought before 2013 I am sorry.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

parallelodad posted:

Shovel Knight is the best amiibo, though.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

So the Switch is compatible with USB-C battery packs, right?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

enojy posted:

Shovel Knight is the best amiibo, though.

It'll be even better once Shovel Knight is announced for Smash for Switch

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/12/14899094/toejam-earl-nintendo-switch-launch-date

The remake looks like something that Newgrounds would be embarrassed to publish, but maybe it'll work. I loved the original back in the day.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

LLCoolJD posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/12/14899094/toejam-earl-nintendo-switch-launch-date

The remake looks like something that Newgrounds would be embarrassed to publish, but maybe it'll work. I loved the original back in the day.

I can't wait for this. I hope it has LAN play

EDIT: gently caress Polygon's URL for that article. The last line in the copy is "While no release day has been set, Shorts said the game was expected to launch this year"

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Probably. Maybe? USB C in general kinda sucks. If it's not a cheap low bid piece of garbage I'd feel safe enough.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bought a Princess Zelda amiibo because it was on clearance and I want goodies in Breath of the Wild

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Why is no Nintendo logo on the Nvidia chip a big deal?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is it?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye5drM5O0ic&t=284s
This looks loving terrible

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

This is what I use. It can charge the Switch fully twice over, and it's pretty small, light, and inexpensive:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerC...&keywords=anker

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I never played a Toe Jim and Earl game so I think I'll live ha ha

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
After going to a couple of stores in search of neon joycons and coming up short, I decided to just order a set of red joycons online and will do the gray (left) and red (right) setup for my switch and have the other gray and red as permanent TV mode controllers in my mini-controller grips.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Welp that's my retail story.

I would send an email to Walmart complaining, just so they know their stores are having issues with this. They took your money and sold your item to someone else and didn't fulfill their responsibility. You were lucky you had another preorder but I am sure others got screwed similarly (especially those that pre-ordered from Gamestop). You may get a gift card out of it, but even i you don't care about that (I wouldn't really), they should know they royally hosed up.

After having that happen to me at Gamestop for a couple games, I am bitter about that I guess. Is it really hard to do simple math, separate the pre-orders from the extra stock and just do business like a semi-functional hominid should be capable of doing...

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 13, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

This is what I use. It can charge the Switch fully twice over, and it's pretty small, light, and inexpensive:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerC...&keywords=anker

Seen a lot of recommendations for this one or others in the same line.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

The DLC is just the shirt, some rupees and a few weapons, and the amiibos are mostly just rupees, basic weapons, and food, right? I'm not super far, vah rudania, but I'm so full on weapons/food/rupees all the time I'm not sure why I'd use amiibos except to make a second playthrough easier. I have my eye on the archer link, but that new nendoroid link looks so much better.

Once you get past the first Divine Beast (literally any of them), you'll be in a much comfier position gamewise. What amiibo let you do is essentially bridge that early item gap and let you gently caress around more.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Anidav posted:

Why is no Nintendo logo on the Nvidia chip a big deal?

That means it's a stock processor.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Is Hyrule really Seattle? Enough with the rain already. Always when I need to climb or need fire.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Now buy Wolf Link so you can have a cool animal friend in Breath of the Wild

I guess I need to go do those first 5 levels of the special Wolf cave in TP. I have 20 hearts but never did the special Wolf Amiibo cave.

Dehry posted:

That means it's a stock processor.

most likely is, but not necessarily. Not sure why they would go for a custom X1 and not just a stock X2 in that case (let alone a custom X2 like people were speculating/hoping.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 13, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So, like 10 days in and I still have never used the JoyCon Grip for anything other than showing people how it works.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mahoning posted:

So, like 10 days in and I still have never used the JoyCon Grip for anything other than showing people how it works.

I use it all the time

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Why is PuyoPuyo Tetris not out in the US, I know I can get it on the JP eShop right now but I want to be able to play with my friends and also I want it now :C

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

What is Retro making

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Mahoning posted:

Same but that's because I have the pro controller. It's seriously the best controller Nintendo has made so far and puts the Wii U one to shame.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah I'll pass

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I bought a bed mount for my Switch screen and I use the Joycons at my sides while laying down.

It's the laziest I've ever gamed, and it's magic.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

a.lo posted:

What is Retro making

A new Metroid Prime.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

a.lo posted:

I use it all the time

I use mine when I take my Switch to work and play it in tabletop mode. It's really comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I preorderd 2 Switches as a failsafe, one from Gamestop and one from Wal Mart. Launch night I endured the Gamestop 12:00am launch lines (the smell was horrible) and went home to play Zelda. The next day, Saturday, I went to Wal Mart with the intention of getting the second Switch to see if my brother wanted it, and if not then sell it at cost and help someone out

So I get to electronics and show the receipt to the college aged nerd there. He looks a little surprised/hesitant and says he'll go back and get the Switch. So I hang around and literally 20-25 minutes pass. I'm playing on my phone and getting a little pissed because I have better things to do than loving wait. If there's a problem (as in, they don't have the Switch), then at least tell me so I can leave.

Finally, the guy comes back with another college aged nerd for backup and says in the tiniest, saddest voice ever: "the launch was last night and they accidentally sold an extra one and we don't have your switch i'm sorry :( we can put the money back on your credit card"

At this point I'm not surprised but I'm still a little pissed about waiting so long, so I do a snort/shrug kind of thing and chuckle a little, and say "Ok let's do that, but I still want this here Pro Controller"

The Wal Mart guy visibly looked relieved and started ringing me up. His backup friend said "You are taking this WAY better than I expected" I just kind of shrugged again and laughed and said "It's fine". Then me and the other guy got into a conversation about how Nintendo needs to get their poo poo together and make enough units, citing amiibo and the NES classic. I left with my Pro Controller which is 100x better than those lame rear end Joycons and went home to play Zelda. Welp that's my retail story.
Nintendo needs to get their poo poo together because they didnt have enough units for you to buy two?

• Locked thread