Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

You may want to do amiibo from the start as there are apparently rare armor drops that are only obtainable through amiibo if that is your thing.

Eh, I'm halfway though and I haven't missed having the amiibo goodies. They're just not necesssary. They're strictly for gently caress around runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Policenaut posted:

A new Metroid Prime.

So psyched for a new Federation Force, I love co-op w my Joycons.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Borsche69 posted:

Nintendo needs to get their poo poo together because they didnt have enough units for you to buy two?

They didn't have enough to meet demand yes, what part of that troubles you.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I use the grip when I play games with my kids because handing ANYBODY a single joycon is cruel because it sucks.

Really wish snipperclips supported any controller. Seems like some nintendo BS.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Machine posted:

So psyched for a new Federation Force, I love co-op w my Joycons.

You shut your whore mouth

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Are they ever going to release the Cloud/Bayonetta/some fire emblam amiibos

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Tried master blaster, coop. It felt like poo poo. But it was played on a single joycon. Which is poo poo. So I dont know of its the game or the joycons.

From all the praise and what with joycons being poo poo, I'll give it a try again with full controller.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 13, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

a.lo posted:

What is Retro making

Metroid Second Derivative

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

a.lo posted:

What is Retro making

A new Donkey Kong Country game

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mercury Crusader posted:

A new Donkey Kong Country game

I'd be alright with this. I'd actually prefer this.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bombadilillo posted:

Tried master blaster, coop. It felt like poo poo. But it was played on a single joycon. With is poo poo. So I dont know of its the game or the joycons.

From all the praise and what with joycons being poo poo, I'll give it a try again with full controller.

The left side of my brain desynced trying to parse this.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Takoluka posted:

The left side of my brain desynced trying to parse this.

It was bad to play. Don't know if it was because I used a single joycon.

I really hate single joycon.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Seen a lot of recommendations for this one or others in the same line.

I'm a little confused on portable chargers for Switch.

1) do I just need a USB-c cord with the regular USB dongle on the charger end of the cord?

2) is too much power bad? I have like 3 Anker power batteries... one is 15000 the other is 20000. I noticed you mentioned there were lots of recommendations for the 10000 one. Is 15 or 20 too much?? Will it fry?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Feenix posted:

I'm a little confused on portable chargers for Switch.

1) do I just need a USB-c cord with the regular USB dongle on the charger end of the cord?

2) is too much power bad? I have like 3 Anker power batteries... one is 15000 the other is 20000. I noticed you mentioned there were lots of recommendations for the 10000 one. Is 15 or 20 too much?? Will it fry?

People are terrified because lovely usb c cables on Amazon can blow stuff up. I haven't seen any thing about actual blowing up switches.

2. That's capacity not power. Shouldn't be a problem. Even amperage shouldn't be a problem because a device will only draw what it wants.

If theres any actual cases I'd like to aee them. Use a legit usb c like from the pro controller and be fine.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 13, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Bombadilillo posted:

These really help. They even have multiple colors now.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

FireMrshlBill posted:

Oh drat. Maybe I won't dread snipperclips now!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Do you have them? They do help a lot? They look pretty awesome

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Everyone clamoring for a new Metroid Prime game seems to forget there was like one good Prime games and 2 and 3 were major slogs especially 2 while the two new donkey countries were ballin' and the second one improved every way on the first

Retro should be making a Chibi Robo sequel

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Drunk Tomato posted:

Do you have them? They do help a lot? They look pretty awesome

Ya, they make the SL/SR easier to use. Snap in much easier than those stupid straps. Also add enough bulk to hold comfortable. They are still small, but gives you more than a fingertip grip like normal joycons do. I purchased a second set of joycons even so I can leave a pair in these for TV play.

I put some pictures a bunch of pages back, but check the first two reviews on Amazon for good pictures to get an idea on size.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 13, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Everyone clamoring for a new Metroid Prime game seems to forget there was like one good Prime games and 2 and 3 were major slogs especially 2 while the two new donkey countries were ballin' and the second one improved every way on the first

Fight me

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bombadilillo posted:

People are terrified because lovely usb c cables on Amazon can blow stuff up. I haven't seen any thing about actual blowing up switches.

2. That's capacity not power. Shouldn't be a problem. Even amperage shouldn't be a problem because a device will only draw what it wants.

If theres any actual cases I'd like to aee them. Use a legit usb c like from the pro controller and be fine.

Thanks for the info! :)

[Ed] I'm tempted to get those joycon slip ons that were just linked... but I have a question... if I have a pro controller, can the 2 joycons in the default joycon grip act as "controller 2"?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 13, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

2 and 3 were good even if 2 had major issues.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

They didn't have enough to meet demand yes, what part of that troubles you.

Regardless of Nintendo not meeting demand, it's specifically WalMart or that employee who sold the console's problem. They sold the console one customer had requested and then had no more to sell to the customer who had one preordered. On top of that, Nintendo did pretty well with demand this year. Every console sells out unless it's the Xbox One, but beyond preorders and people clamoring high-capacity stores, there were still some on store shelves around the US. Hell, there are even a few floating around Japan.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

LODGE NORTH posted:

Regardless of Nintendo not meeting demand, it's specifically WalMart or that employee who sold the console's problem. They sold the console one customer had requested and then had no more to sell to the customer who had one preordered. On top of that, Nintendo did pretty well with demand this year. Every console sells out unless it's the Xbox One, but beyond preorders and people clamoring high-capacity stores, there were still some on store shelves around the US. Hell, there are even a few floating around Japan.

What none of this is true.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Feenix posted:

Thanks for the info! :)

[Ed] I'm tempted to get those joycon slip ons that were just linked... but I have a question... if I have a pro controller, can the 2 joycons in the default joycon grip act as "controller 2"?

I believe so, yes as long as you activate them using L and R if asked to do so.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Behold the future

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

What none of this is true.

There are still 5% of the initial shipments available for sale in Japan http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-sold-through-95-of-its-initial-shipment-in-japan/

Switches are routinely available at best Buy throughout the week https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...=NintendoSwitch and had many available outside of preorders on launch day https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5tftyx/best_buy_will_have_stock_on_release_day_even_if/?ref=search_posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5wssyq/all_of_best_buys_stock/?ref=search_posts

The rest of my post is just simply stated in the original post about how a store sold his preorder. I don't see what part of my post troubles you.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well the Switch already got hacked so it's only up from here.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

disgaea 5 has English options in the Japanese eshop.

Anyone know more?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Goddammit when are all those sweet indie games coming out, I wanna play Overcooked real bad.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oh man this is going to be great. Bring on the hacking.

Nintendo made the perfect console... for homebrew and emulators.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bombadilillo posted:

Like, are you saying that you played Blaster Master Zero Co-Op by yourself using a single Joy-Con, attempting a control scheme that requires two people on your own?

Or did you play Co-Op with a friend and did not like single Joy-Con use and therefore would prefer, say, two sets of Joy-Cons or two Pro Controllers when that becomes possible?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am the Blaster Master :frogc00l:

Very very cool game. Just over 10 hours to beat. Highly recommended purchase.
Once you've beaten the game you can start again with everything fully unlocked.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giCxx-s4Jek
WELL poo poo! Gonna have to get it tonight.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I think that the new Toejam and Earl looks like exactly what it's supposed to be and I'm excited to have one of the best co-op games of all time on a console that's designed around being good for local multiplayer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

LODGE NORTH posted:

There are still 5% of the initial shipments available for sale in Japan http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-sold-through-95-of-its-initial-shipment-in-japan/

Switches are routinely available at best Buy throughout the week https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...=NintendoSwitch and had many available outside of preorders on launch day https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5tftyx/best_buy_will_have_stock_on_release_day_even_if/?ref=search_posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5wssyq/all_of_best_buys_stock/?ref=search_posts

The rest of my post is just simply stated in the original post about how a store sold his preorder. I don't see what part of my post troubles you.

Could you link the parts that actually support you because I haven't found any.

The first is just about Best Buy stocking procedures, and the second said they will have some extra stock on launch day which is cool but meaningless to the original point.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 13, 2017

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I think that the new Toejam and Earl looks like exactly what it's supposed to be and I'm excited to have one of the best co-op games of all time on a console that's designed around being good for local multiplayer.

I really hope it has a 'classic' visual style or something because I can't get past the awful Flash-looking visuals

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giCxx-s4Jek
WELL poo poo! Gonna have to get it tonight.

So if Disgaea 5 already has English text and voice acting, why isn't it available on the US eShop?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Any ideas why I can't pay with my credit card? Is this a normal problem with foreign transactions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

SlayVus posted:

So if Disgaea 5 already has English text and voice acting, why isn't it available on the US eShop?

Pacing out titles.

• Locked thread