Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

LostCosmonaut posted:

I get mine from Amazon, glad to know I'm not the only person that orders condiments off the internet.

You haven't experienced central Europe until you've eaten this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I ordered a case of Buffalo Bob's Everything Sauce once. Still have half of it. I'm weird I guess.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Let the record show that Preet Bharara owns.

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/841051763201433600

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Bolow posted:

The only place I have ever found that is either on Amazon or this amazing rear end polish deli near where I used to live in Florida. It's the only good kind of ketchup

The German section of my local grocery store has it.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/841121006248968193

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
http://www.avclub.com/article/trump-supporters-protest-man-high-castles-anti-naz-251886

:dogbutton: :patriot:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:catstare:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Drawn and quartered then stitched back together?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hopefully it doesn't involve him at the top

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
What was it that Putin did to remain in power?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kick-Puncher posted:

he bounces back and forth between president and prime minister

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Kick-Puncher posted:

The Russian constitution has a 2 term limit, but doesn't limit the number of terms you can serve in a lifetime, so he can do 12 (formerly 8) year stretches non-consecutively. So he just finds a mouth willing to speak for him for 6 years while publicly he becomes the Prime Minister. They increased term lengths from 4 to 6 years in 2008 too. Also, voter fraud. IIRC some polling places were reporting 106% ballots cast for Putin during the last election.

VVV Also that

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 13, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Murder

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Welp, this got me watching this.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Also Russia doesn't have a single loving generation that has grown up under a regime that isn't corrupt. Their society doesn't have the will to resist like we do because they've been under someone's boot heel their entire lives.

The only time in their current memory that they've had a leader attempt reform was Gorbachev and his glasnost but during this time period Russia went down hill the the Soviet Union fell apart and it dwindled down to just Russia. Putin came to power in 2000 when oil prices rose so in the Russian analogue of trump voter brain there is reform= bad economy strong man putin= good economy along with gaining prestige.

Putin has also had 17 years now to consolidate power and since he is currently leader for life, no one is really going to oppose him that wants to be a career politician/live long.
The only way this cycle is going to get broken is if we jump on the alternate energy train in a big way and crash oil prices by eliminating demand. Until the average Russian quality of life takes a huge loving nosedive under the leadership of Putin nothing is going to happen. Change doesn't happen in Russia until they're loving starving and out of bread.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 13, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Reverand maynard posted:

The only way this cycle is going to get broken is if we jump on the alternate energy train in a big way and crash oil prices by eliminating demand. Until the average Russian quality of life takes a huge loving nosedive under the leadership of Putin nothing is going to happen. Change doesn't happen in Russia until they're loving starving and out of bread.

Good luck as the head of the EPA is an Exxon man.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Cool so then what super shady poo poo is whatever branch of congress gonna try to backdoor through whilst everyone is trying to figure out wtf this poo poo is?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Good luck as the head of the EPA is an Exxon man.

You can't stop scientific progress only delay it. Also Europe, China, and India exist.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AP/status/841254121265074177

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Reverand maynard posted:

You can't stop scientific progress only delay it. Also Europe, China, and India exist.

Yup. The Australian Federal govt love coal so much they talk about it, they try to bankroll it, and they bring it into parliament with them. They probably sleep with it.

And yet, Elon Musk and the South Australian state government are currently brokering a deal to build a 100MW solar plant in spite of them. Silicon valley may have some awful attitudes towards working conditions and a hard-on for Randian horrorscapes - but where there's an opportunity to disrupt some old money there's not much that's going to stop them.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Ahhhhhh James Cameron you hosed up, you are going to destroy the U.K. Literally, with SnP rising you may be the one to unite Ireland and destroy the U.K. Good job!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ryand-Smith posted:

Ahhhhhh James Cameron you hosed up, you are going to destroy the U.K. Literally, with SnP rising you may be the one to unite Ireland and destroy the U.K. Good job!

Sadly, its not likely to pass, as they still don't have the numbers. I want this to happen so bad, but it likely won't.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

quote:

Mr. Bennett says the two men advised Lockheed Martin, not a current client, on how to recover from a “horrible” meeting with Mr. Trump after he tweeted, “Based on the tremendous cost and cost overruns of the Lockheed Martin F-35, I have asked Boeing to price-out a comparable F-18 Super Hornet!” Mr. Bennett said Marillyn Hewson, Lockheed’s chief executive, led a “boring” presentation about stuff like “procurement reform,” for a president who asked why the United States can’t lease fighter planes.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/841258625595256832

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

You all remember that story from a couple of years ago when they found the remains of a couple hundred kids buried beneath an old Catholic home for unwed mothers in Ireland?

Yeah, well it turns out that it was more like a concentration camp for unwed mothers and their children:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

psydude posted:

You all remember that story from a couple of years ago when they found the remains of a couple hundred kids buried beneath an old Catholic home for unwed mothers in Ireland?

Yeah, well it turns out that it was more like a concentration camp for unwed mothers and their children:

And people wonder why religion is dying in Scotland and Ireland.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/841265134752399361

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/841260841479610368

Fun morning.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

How do assholes like this so thoroughly miss the entire point of the United States? Even if King is just courting votes from people who look at the world this way, he's still an rear end in a top hat for wanting to use that idiocy to stay in office.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Charlie Rose is back on cbs morning news. I've missed the grumpy looking old bastard this past month and change.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

:allbuttons:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/99109170/

quote:

Conway went on to say that the monitoring could be done with “microwaves that turn into cameras,” adding: “We know this is a fact of modern life.”

Here we have the President's counselor saying that Barack Obama may have spied on Trump through a microwave.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
That's one very leaky microwave

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
This sounds like something Troll Biden would get Trump to believe.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I wonder if Brexit voters knew that this was the inevitable outcome of a "Yes" vote or if they deluded themselves into believing that the Scots would allow themselves to be dragged around by the nose forever?

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
Here is a shower thought that should probably go in the idiot thread but I gauge how hosed the country is by the number of new posts in this thread, when I open it first thing in the morning.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Seekhay posted:

Here is a shower thought that should probably go in the idiot thread but I gauge how hosed the country is by the number of new posts in this thread, when I open it first thing in the morning.

I do the same for twitter, usually at night. I know something happens when I have 50-60+ tweets suddenly at 9pm. Usually that's a night when there's a news avalanche and it's all bad for Donnie.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Seekhay posted:

It probably needs periodic adjustment. "Obama was spying on Trump through a microwave that can turn into a camera" would have gotten a lot more comments 50 days ago.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

psydude posted:

What's a couple hundred dead kids against the ETERNAL SHAME of having a child out of WEDLOCK?

(this is loving horrific)

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Zeris posted:

That's one very leaky microwave

Brain damage caused by a leaky microwave would explain a lot of Trumps actions.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
A microwave turning into a camera sounds like the lamest transformer.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mike-o posted:

A microwave turning into a camera sounds like the lamest transformer.

It's basically Soundwave when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

It's basically Soundwave when you think about it.

:mad:

I had a soundwave and he was loving awesome.

• Locked thread