Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eltoasto posted:

Poe leaving Indy with no deal, probably an offer on the table that will be dwarfed by the Jags offering 20 million a year or whatever they do with the 80 mil a year they have in cap space.
I will be completely baffled if they sign him, and a little upset. They did little to address the team's biggest problem - the OLine and running game.

Grittybeard posted:

89 posted:

It seems like the Jags have crazy talent on the defense. What's their hold up?
Gus Bradley until about Christmastime last year?
Yeah but we kept his protege Tood Wash as the Defensive Coordinator. The same DC that the players openly wanted gone.

I had really been hoping they would kick the tires on Pettine or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I think they're just being fair in their evaluations. Giving big money to old guards doesn't seem like a great proposition.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Especially with serious injury concerns. I'm happy Miami didn't go after him now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Markus Wheaton's contract with the Bears amounts to a one-year deal at $6 million.

The full contract is for two years at $11 million with $5 million guaranteed, and apparently $6 million in year one. It sounds like the second year on Wheaton's deal amounts to a team option. So the Bears gave Wheaton a deal similar to Brandon Marshall's, who landed a two-year, $11 million contract from the Giants with another $1 million available through incentives. Reports out of Chicago had the team struggling to woo free agents due to organizational instability coming off a 3-13 season. The Bears were forced to severely overpay backup-caliber players Wheaton, CB Marcus Cooper, TE Dion Sims, and QB Mike Glennon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IEMGxFq8wk

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I am sure there were other circumstances but I think the Lions would have been better off with the Warford deal over the Lang deal.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

FizFashizzle posted:

Philly Brown to Buffalo.

He's a gritty undersized receiver who runs good routes and has some decent top end speed but just isn't big enough.
Great! He's our #2 receiver by default.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Fat Eddie left Minnesota without a deal.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Not that happy that we let Lang go and lowballed him on the way out. We're going to be atom-thin at o-line again, assuming Spriggs fills in for Lang. Any one of our front five goes down at this point and it's death for Rodgers.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

VietCampo posted:

More like his Agent trying to get the Patriots to pay more imo.

Jet's in their current state doesn't really make sense going after a LB wanting top dollar.

I agree with this. Pats let him find his market and its apparently not close to the Collins number he wants so the agent floats this. Jets beat is confirming interest but they also have a minor stake in making the Pats pay more so no real reason to deny it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

hey, Markus Wheaton is the bears #1 wr. same with sims at te. getting a #1 at those two positions for 6m/yr each is a steal and a sign of great contract negotiations!!!!!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why do teams keep overpaying Miami tight ends

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

pubic works project posted:

Fat Eddie left Minnesota without a deal.

He didn't, however, leave hungry.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Springs filled in on the line well when we got hit by injuries. Freeagencyflowchart.jpg

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Abugadu posted:

Not that happy that we let Lang go and lowballed him on the way out. We're going to be atom-thin at o-line again, assuming Spriggs fills in for Lang. Any one of our front five goes down at this point and it's death for Rodgers.

I wouldn't be too worried, it's likely Ted drafts another pair of linemen, and there's plenty of bodies hanging around to sign. We were all concerned about Taylor's performance last season after cutting Sitton and he ended up doing just fine.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Big money for a big player:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840917074012708864

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I'm happy for Woodcock.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Goodbye, my tiny Danny

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/841096297323077632

LaCanfora, but Giardi backs him up. Hope it's true.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Who can be had for a few tradedowns bc we don't seem too interested in signing anyone at guard.

My wishlist remaining -

Jahri Evans or Mangold
Robey from bills as a slot corner. Great inside quickness
A linebacker. I like Levy but he's mush brain

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I agree with this. Pats let him find his market and its apparently not close to the Collins number he wants so the agent floats this. Jets beat is confirming interest but they also have a minor stake in making the Pats pay more so no real reason to deny it.

It makes no sense to pay a middle LB who can't cover 10 million a year. I have no idea what the Jets are doing.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
He's going back to the pats though?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think it would be cool if the Patriots didn't get their way, ever.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

He's not mush brain, but he seems very wary of becoming mush brain. He's mush knee and mush hip. :(

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Roasted Donut posted:

or revis lol

ya lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

fsif posted:

Just a reminder that the Pats are cheaters and the NFL is rigged.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

fsif posted:

It's LaCanfora reporting, so you may be in luck

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

That's a lot of money for a guy who's missed much of the last few years to injury...

Ah, gently caress it. Get paid, you were still fun as hell to watch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Amy Pole Her posted:

Who can be had for a few tradedowns bc we don't seem too interested in signing anyone at guard.

My wishlist remaining -

Jahri Evans or Mangold
Robey from bills as a slot corner. Great inside quickness

If Miami got Mangold who plays center, or are you just assuming Pouncey will be injured all year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

If Miami got Mangold who plays center, or are you just assuming Pouncey will be injured all year.

He's probably going to finish his career as a guard.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

swickles posted:

It's a Pouncey so that's a 50/50 proposition

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Always thought Poe was mediocre, glad the Colts aren't overpaying him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
uh-oh...

https://twitter.com/mikegiardi/status/841116051140141056

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Butler reportedly wants Gilmore money, which the Patriots are not going to give him at this point because he is not an URFA and therefore will not get URFA money. It's also worth noting that his agent has no experience (Butler is his only NFL client) and got into being an agent because he watched Hard Knocks and thought he could do better.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Butler needs to get paid now, while there's still some positive hype around him.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Abugadu posted:

Butler needs to get paid now, while there's still some positive hype around him.

The issue is that there is no scenario that get's him paid, unless he accepts that he is going to get at 10m less than Gilmore, and that's under the assumption that he can convince the Patriots that he is worth Gilmore money. Every other team has no incentive to sign him to an offer sheet even close to that, given that they would have to part with their first round pick for him - a pick that if we use the Osweiler trade as benchmark, is probably worth north of 20m.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

The issue is that there is no scenario that get's him paid, unless he accepts that he is going to get at 10m less than Gilmore, and that's under the assumption that he can convince the Patriots that he is worth Gilmore money. Every other team has no incentive to sign him to an offer sheet even close to that, given that they would have to part with their first round pick for him - a pick that if we use the Osweiler trade as benchmark, is probably worth north of 20m.

Ah, forgot he has a 1st rnd price tag. Yeah he hosed.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
Back on the Hard Knocks focal point, honestly 3/4 of the teams have a relatively interesting narrative behind them.

Like Browns please but realistically I'm hoping for the Bucs.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

:patssay: Oh no, don't give us a 1st round draft pick for a player who will just leave next season for a max contract! We never like making those kind of deals! Especially when we just traded out of the first round!

(I want Butler to stay if possible, but you just know this is how they see it.)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

sean10mm posted:

:patssay: Oh no, don't give us a 1st round draft pick for a player who will just leave next season for a max contract! We never like making those kind of deals! Especially when we just traded out of the first round!

(I want Butler to stay if possible, but you just know this is how they see it.)

Yeah, Butler has almost no leverage with the Gilmore signing. Either he gets flipped for a first-rounder, or we have one of the best CB duos we've had in a decade.

Are there any teams that'd be willing to pay that price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No one is giving up a 1st and handing him $16m per. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats took a 2nd or 3rd to move him though.

• Locked thread