Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Sir Tonk posted:

"what you missed"

"what missed you"

a service which tells you what missiles and munitions blew up in your vicinity but not close enough to kill you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
if i mock hayseed racists i get called insensitive and out of touch with real america

if i point out that hayseed racists are victims of a neoliberal machine who have been brainwashed by a media elite into channeling their frustrations at minorities and the left, i'm robbing people of their agency

damned if you do, i spose? lul

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

What is it about rurals that makes them OD on heroin (hillbilly or otherwise) at like a gazillion times more frequently than people?

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

FAUXTON posted:

What is it about rurals that makes them OD on heroin (hillbilly or otherwise) at like a gazillion times more frequently than people?

they put fentanyl in the corn now

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

The Brown Menace posted:

"what missed you"

a service which tells you what missiles and munitions blew up in your vicinity but not close enough to kill you

Doesn't Israel already have stuff like this related to the Iron Dome to make everybody feel like bottle rockets are going to demolish the vacation home they built in the settlements?

Serf
May 5, 2011

quadrophrenic posted:

if i mock hayseed racists i get called insensitive and out of touch with real america

if i point out that hayseed racists are victims of a neoliberal machine who have been brainwashed by a media elite into channeling their frustrations at minorities and the left, i'm robbing people of their agency

damned if you do, i spose? lul

the assumption that people have an abundance of agency is pretty dumb, and those people who think that should feel dumb

Serf
May 5, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

poo poo is prescribed for all kinds of poo poo. pain relief is cheaper than actually fixing the problem. so people get addicted to painkillers, and eventually gently caress up and die because of it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FAUXTON posted:

Nothing to do out there but get high, I reckon

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Serf posted:

poo poo is prescribed for all kinds of poo poo. pain relief is cheaper than actually fixing the problem. so people get addicted to painkillers, and eventually gently caress up and die because of it

also this, you can fix back pain with exercise in most cases but that takes effort and it's easier to just take a pill. America

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuO3wwLuF0w

but replace "kerosene" with "oxycontin" and "set me on fire" with "suppress my respiratory system"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hello

Scotland gonna go another referendum lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

Hello

itll pass this time too

then theyll breënter

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Citizen Tayne posted:

Nothing to do out there but get high, I reckon

Blanchester is 45 minutes away from downtown Cincinnati, so it's not like there's 3 hours of absolutely nothing in all directions.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its a longshot but im willing to dream big that wales also separates and everything becomes a moist island clusterfuck

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

Instead of moving to find new work like every other person, they join the disability industry. Gotta have a reason to be disabled so it's back pain. Go to enough doctors for back pain, one of them will keep writing for norco or oxy. Now you're addicted.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Blanchester is 45 minutes away from downtown Cincinnati, so it's not like there's 3 hours of absolutely nothing in all directions.

cincinnati is nothing, op

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Booyah- posted:

just sayin it; hillary circa the 70s was hot af

pftt cmon man back then she was Jan Brady at best and thats being generous, and her Wellesley background prob made her about as desirable as paraquat at the time...lol just no

Marcia would have won.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i used to play this pc game called... floor 13? and youre the british spymaster guy

anyway there was a welsh separatist politician called like david lloydd ap taffy and you had to stick him in british gitmo and torture him to death otherwise wales would rise up

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

"what missed you"

Palestinians already use this irl

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Squizzle posted:

cincinnati is nothing, op

It's better than Kansas :shrug:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Does this mean they've decided to not bother waiting for their Reichstag fire and are just going to pivot straight into facism on their own?

Or is this more a case of the idiots in charge not knowing how any part of the government works?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

NofrikinfuN posted:

Does this mean they've decided to not bother waiting for their Reichstag fire and are just going to pivot straight into facism on their own?

Or is this more a case of the idiots in charge not knowing how any part of the government works?

Yes

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

triple sulk posted:

Gonna pass so easily.

So many people who campaigned so hard against independence (on both sides of the border) in the last one are just going to be "eh, gently caress it, don't blame you" now.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Iron Crowned posted:

Rurals are allergic to travel, that might as well be 45 hours

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

NofrikinfuN posted:

nah id say their intent is to punt and are just trying to grab media attention and alter the current narrative atm after the quiet weekend with a provocative sounding EO, its classic brietbart baiting man

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fam it's 7:30 and still dark outside

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

where do nigel farage and the ukip stand on Scottish independence? Support?

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

Rurals are allergic to travel, that might as well be 45 hours

You ever live in the city? 5 miles might as well be mars.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Junkyard Poodle posted:

You ever live in the city? 5 miles might as well be mars.

I live in Pittsburgh

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NofrikinfuN posted:

It's like an angry and confused senile grandpa who forcefully insists that he's right that he can order a pot roast at IHOP and by god they're going to do it cuz he's a customer gar-darnit

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

people forget the main benefit of daylight savings is earning interest on your saved daylight

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Junkyard Poodle posted:

where do nigel farage and the ukip stand on Scottish independence? Support?

against because they like england controlling things

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/841142545136656384

I mean can you blame them? Who wouldn't become a dopefiend if you lived in the middle of loving nowhere america known as the Midwest? Lmao

what if the DEA/FDA/DOA got off the working man's back and permitted opium poppy to be legally grown, processed, and sold domestically? Big GOvernment is bringing the heroin in from mexico! SAD

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

trump wisely invested his daylight savings and look at him now, he's getting all sorts of daylight

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

I live in Pittsburgh

let me rephrase that, a city worth a drat

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Yes, Pittsburgh. It's very good here.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Seems the list consists only of the liberal elite cities New York, Chicago, and LA.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Today is going to be a rollercoaster of a day :woop:

We get:
• the early CBO trumpcare scores
• FBI details on Obama's illegal wiretapping of Trumps microwave
• and a new EO on how bannon is being installed as president surrogate with all presidential powers (and also closing all exec departments and recreating the Dept. of War :getin:)

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
might as well TRUMP!

go ahead and Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Aliquid posted:

fam it's 7:30 and still dark outside

isn't it great