Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/Sj2kKbo.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

pseudorandom name posted:

every time I see this I wonder "why concrete expansion bolts?"

cheapest source of weight?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
But... why concrete expansion bolts?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they stole a box of those bolts from the bolt factory down the street

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

pseudorandom name posted:

every time I see this I wonder "why concrete expansion bolts?"

weight

or did you mean why those specifically? i'm guessing the answer is "those are what we found that weighed the right amount and cost fuckall"

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hom Wapko here reminding you to click it or ticket

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Are they doing that to steal the actual drive? That seems like a lot of work to steal some 2.5" hard drives that you'd still have to fence.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Coolwhoami posted:

Are they doing that to steal the actual drive? That seems like a lot of work to steal some 2.5" hard drives that you'd still have to fence.

they're just counterfeiting

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Breath of the Wild lookin good.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

ye goode snipe

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

gently caress yeah is this new chivalry? chivalry is seriously the best game to play rip roarin drunk. so fun

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Dungeon Ecology posted:

gently caress yeah is this new chivalry? chivalry is seriously the best game to play rip roarin drunk. so fun

chivalry is so good

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

brinstar
Aug 10, 2003

FORUMS NECROMANCY but uh so i saw Mac Sabbath a few months ago and there was this bit the main guy did during an extended guitar solo (from slayer mccheese) wherein he pulled a 12-foot straw out of his goofy jumpsuit and sat down with one end in his mouth and a roadie poured a tallboy in the other end, and then after the song was over he shouted to the roadie "what kind of beer was that anyway" and the roadie guy shouted back "heineken" and the dude goes "HEINEKEN?!" and there's this brief moment of silence where nobody in the building makes a sound

a silence that was shattered when i bellowed gently caress THAT poo poo - PABST BLUE RIBBON and the dude pointed at me and howled YES and they started the next song and welp that's my story okay bye

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

fishmech posted:

yeah the real nice looking digital vhs effect requires like a pretty high end system rendering a few minutes of video for hours or some poo poo. you ain't getting that on a cheap phone app

even the computationally expensive attempts don't get the crosstalk, luma smear, and dot crawl looking correct, let alone realistic-looking noise. god forbid they try to emulate a VCR/camcorder UI or a tracking error

This is the ideal video aesthetechnique. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW71pEM_52Q

Silver Alicorn posted:

unironically glad we have a VHS expert here

you ever get your hands on any like, reel to reel broadcast tapes or whatever?

i have various master 1/2" master tapes waiting on some way to read them. one of them is for a mars bar commercial from 1986

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 13, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

brinstar posted:

FORUMS NECROMANCY but uh so i saw Mac Sabbath a few months ago and there was this bit the main guy did during an extended guitar solo (from slayer mccheese) wherein he pulled a 12-foot straw out of his goofy jumpsuit and sat down with one end in his mouth and a roadie poured a tallboy in the other end, and then after the song was over he shouted to the roadie "what kind of beer was that anyway" and the roadie guy shouted back "heineken" and the dude goes "HEINEKEN?!" and there's this brief moment of silence where nobody in the building makes a sound

a silence that was shattered when i bellowed gently caress THAT poo poo - PABST BLUE RIBBON and the dude pointed at me and howled YES and they started the next song and welp that's my story okay bye

and then everyone in the audience stood up and started doing amyl

that rules though

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Trig Discipline posted:

weight

or did you mean why those specifically? i'm guessing the answer is "those are what we found that weighed the right amount and cost fuckall"

stolen from job site next door

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's me, Am O'Erson, the Dubliner with the wired-shut jaw trying to convey his ethnicity

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
i'm retired now, but you may know my son, sega hintline

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

fuckin' lmao

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

fuckin' lmao

It's like when a teenager discovers classic rock.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Chris Knight posted:

fuckin' lmao

lol

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

rip gerald ford

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

on sale now nothing weird here https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-geforce-gtx-1080ti-sea-hawk-ek-x-11264mb-gddr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-33n-ms.html

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/841194916495654912

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

idgi unless this is a generic price complaint

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

idgi unless this is a generic price complaint
look at the "GTX 1080 Ti" text
they've photoshopped "Ti" onto GTX 1080 box art for every 1080 Ti in their shop

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ooh, Hah!

Whatever - just so long as the right one is in the box.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://my.mixtape.moe/ivamvs.mp4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

brinstar posted:

hell yeah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

yah, I is yans loovensan, welcome to holland, yah yah

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Malloc Voidstar posted:

look at the "GTX 1080 Ti" text
they've photoshopped "Ti" onto GTX 1080 box art for every 1080 Ti in their shop
:eyepop: thats what i get for browsing from mobile with blocked out in firefox

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/randjpodcasts/status/840816796479414272

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

'Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die'

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Chris Knight posted:

fuckin' lmao

brianna wu really working hard to qualify herself for her congress run

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kenny Logins posted:

brianna wu really working hard to qualify herself for her congress run

so she seems like a really big idiot person

isn't the only reason we've heard of her that she randomly came out of the woodwork as being a target of Gamergate or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

• Locked thread