Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Is there a single QB in this draft that anyone is actually excited about?

I'm excited for Trubisky on the Niners. :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Every one of Mahomes throws in that youtube look different

He's the most quintessential "best athlete on the field just hucking it" qb since jevan snead was still on the low.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Every one of Mahomes throws in that youtube look different

He's the most quintessential "best athlete on the field just hucking it" qb since jevan snead was still on the low.

So much of it is his footwork, it's like no one taught him how to throw a ball of any sort between when he was 5 or so and high school. Then his arm was good enough no one ever bothered.

In theory that's easier to fix than a delivery (although he's kinda sidearmed or three quarters there too), but he really really needs to sit for a while and work on that poo poo.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

FizFashizzle posted:

If youre not excited to watch someone with these mechanics get blown up in the nfl i don't know what to tell you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FY0MdW3smM

I haven't watched much of Mahomes so far, but dear God that footwork :psyduck:

midwat
May 6, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

If youre not excited to watch someone with these mechanics get blown up in the nfl i don't know what to tell you

I'm mystified that Mahomes' stock seems to be rising.

Even those in favor of him say, "he could be good, if we changed every single thing he does."

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Benne posted:

I haven't watched much of Mahomes so far, but dear God that footwork :psyduck:

He's got a canon though that's all that matters. Just look at that velocity.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
That video made me want to draft his receivers. :barf:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

I thought no Texas Tech QBs was a baked in draft mantra, or are FOs that desperate?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This is a weak class and QBs are always going to be in demand, whether the product exists or not.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"Footwork is for yankees"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I thought no Texas Tech QBs was a baked in draft mantra, or are FOs that desperate?

Texas Tech quarterbacks are notoriously non-toolsy guys traditionally. Mahomes has tools out the rear end, just absolutely no mechanics to go along with them.

In his defense it's amazing he was as accurate as he was in college. Basically if you believe you can coach him up and fix everything that's wrong with him his ceiling is ridiculous. His floor is just as ridiculously low though. By all rights he should go around the 4th round (around midseason this is where I wanted him at least), but that isn't the world we live in.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think you also have to factor in the racial issue with the Mixon scenario.

Would the media and tff white posters be harping on his incident if he was white?

I think anyone honest with themselves knows the answer to that.

So when I see tff posters keep bringing it up to denigrate the young man it just seems well... bigoted.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yug posted:

Would the media and tff white posters be harping on his incident if he was white?

So when I see tff posters keep bringing it up to denigrate the young man it just seems well... bigoted.

Lol gently caress off idiot. Theres no corroboration there was racial mitigating circumstances.

Pretty sure all of tff went off their collective spherical tits over a white kicker beating this poo poo out of his missus too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yug posted:

i'd tell you to go back to c-spam but no one likes you there either

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Watching that Mahomes highlight tape. Good Lord.

When the first thing on your highlight tape is you clowning on Kansas, maybe you shouldn't call it a highlight tape.

And that throwing motion. What IS THAT

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

No Butt Stuff posted:

When the first thing on your highlight tape is you clowning on Kansas, maybe you shouldn't call it a highlight tape.

I want KC to draft him so badly

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

"If I put enough muscle behind this it doesn't matter HOW I throw the ball"

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Yug posted:

I was all set to grade this as C+/B- trolling but hey you got an immediate angry response so what do I know

Alaois posted:

"If I put enough muscle behind this it doesn't matter HOW I throw the ball"

That square peg is going THROUGH that round hole, dammit!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Yug posted:

Hm yes interesting thoughts. No one would bat an eye at a white athlete knocking a woman unconscious

No Butt Stuff posted:

Every receiver is soooo wide open that it's hard to make any judgement

e: The third throw of the video where he spins around in the backfield under pressure and then throws off his back foot to a covered receiver in the back of the end zone who outfights the DB for the ball? That's a pick in the NFL

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 13, 2017

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I went back and re-watched some of Cody Kessler's highlights. Lots more dinking and dunking, WRs running comebacks, and HB dumpoffs than I remember. He has the "it" factor in that he can lead an offense well but I don't know if the physical ability is going to be there to be the guy.

What QB should the Browns take at either #12 or #33.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Yug posted:

You got my racism wrong. I'm not mad because a black man hit a woman, I'm mad because a white woman got hit. :rolleye:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bigass Moth posted:

I went back and re-watched some of Cody Kessler's highlights. Lots more dinking and dunking, WRs running comebacks, and HB dumpoffs than I remember. He has the "it" factor in that he can lead an offense well but I don't know if the physical ability is going to be there to be the guy.

None. There's almost no way the team doesn't improve from last year no matter what, so they should focus on shoring up the rest of the team and try for a QB next year when the class isn't so underwhelming.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
We can't keep waiting for next year forever though, and are in a good spot to get one of the top 3 QBs this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...0j17r8odsobcbca

quote:

The quieter teams are about a quarterback prospect, the more likely that passer is to fall. Last year, most teams I spoke with thought Hackenberg would go high because of his tools and flashes, but none said they’d vouch for him early. That same scenario, at least with my sources, is happening with DeShone Kizer. One scout said he was a "head case" and a "my bad" guy when you’re playing pickup basketball. It may be a funny way to phrase it, but NFL teams want quarterbacks who not only assume leadership but also have a short memory and confidence in themselves. Kizer didn’t show that consistently in college, and scouts have that same pause now after interviews.

Heh, I know exactly the type

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bigass Moth posted:

We can't keep waiting for next year forever though, and are in a good spot to get one of the top 3 QBs this year.

You can't afford to draft a bad QB in the first and end up stuck trying to make him work on an already talent poor team for a few years before giving up. This class really is very poor for QBs.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Leave it to the Browns to be the worst team in the league in a year when there is no good QB prospect to draft highly.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Offensive Top 5s

QBs:

1. Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech
2. Brad Kaaya, Miami
3. Mitchell Trubisky, UNC
4. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
5. Davis Webb, California

Honorable Mentions: Deshaun Watson, Clemson. Jerrod Evans, Virginia Tech.

Thoughts: QBs are weak this year but have potential. Mahomes headlines the class due to his unbelievable arm. Kaaya displayed the most polish in the QB drills. Trubisky throws a good six quadrant game and can run. Kizer has great potential but underperforms. Webb impressed a lot at the senior bowl and has a huge arm. Kinda stupid though. Honorable mentions are thin this year as this is a thin position.

HBs:
1. Leonard Fournette, LSU
2. Dalvin Cook, Florida State
3. Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
4. Curtis Samuel, Ohio State
5. Alvin Kamara, Tennessee

Honorable Mentions: Joe Williams, Utah. Jeremy McNichols, Boise State. T.J. Logan, UNC. Joe Mixon, Oklahoma. Samaje Perine, Oklahoma.

Deep class full of gambles. Cook is the most polished runner. Fournette runs like a train and possesses superstar potential. McCaffrey needs to bulk up from the waist up but features a powerful running game. Curtis Samuel slides in due to his versatility potential, size, and speed. Kamara blew away the drills but runs like a plodder. All the honorable mentions can easily slide up or interchange with Samuel or Kamara due to team preference.

WRs:
1. Mike Williams, Clemson
2. Corey Davis, Western Michigan
3. John Ross, Washington
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, USC
5. Cooper Kupp, Eastern Washington

Honorable Mentions: Zay Jones, East Carolina. Speedy Noil, Texas A&M. Ryan Switzer, UNC. Jehu Chesson, Michigan.a

Solid class throughout with a surprising amount of small school prospects. Mike Williams features a huge catch radius and enough acceleration to gain a lot of intermediate yards. Corey Davis had stellar performance and carried Western Michigan the entire season. John Ross's injury issues drop him somewhat but he's an underrated receiver that has a more complete game than just speed. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a fluid athlete with underrated size, will be a bully at the next level. Cooper Kupp has unbelievable production even by small school standards. Could keep listing honorable mentions but most feature highly athletic short yardage guys.

TEs:
1. David Njoku, Miami
2. O.J. Howard, Alabama
3. Evan Engram, Mississippi
4. Bucky Hodges, Virginia Tech
5. Jonnu Smith, Florida International

Honorable Mentions: Jordan Leggett, Clemson. George Kittle, Iowa. Adam Shaheen, Ashland. Jake Butt, Michigan. Gerald Everett, South Alabama.

Average class that impressed at the combine. Njoku features high athleticism to go with a huge catch radius. O.J. Howard is bigger and faster but is still a work in progress. Evan Engram is a tweener wide receiver that features elite speed and change of direction despite his smaller stature. Bucky Hodges is raw and body-catches but is perhaps the most athletic player in the draft behind Myles Garrett. Jonnu Smith had an underwhelming season but turned in top 3 finishes in every drill he participated in except his 40. Several honorable mentions this time due to how well everyone tested.

OTs:
1. Cam Robinson, Alabama
2. Garrett Bolles, Utah
3. Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin
4. Taylor Moton, Western Michigan
5. Antonio Garcia, Troy

Honorable Mentions: Conor McDermott, UCLA. Roderick Johnson, Florida State. Chad Wheeler, Southern California.

Versatile class with question marks across the board. Cam Robinson is the best edge setter out of the group and plays like Tyron Smith, but tested poorly. Garrett Bolles featured the best scores out of the group but is a raw prospect still learning pass protection, maybe a LG at the next level. Ryan Ramczyk is raw but features potential to be a superstar. Taylor Moton is a 1 on 1 mauler that’s a bit too stiff to play outside. Antonio Garcia is superb talent that needs to put on weight. Honorable mentions feature several raw talents that have the potential to play RT or LG at the next level.

OGs:
1. Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky.
2. Dan Feeney, Indiana
3. Nico Siragusa, San Diego State
4. Dorian Johnson, Pittsburgh
5. Dion Dawkins, Temple

Honorable Mentions: Will Holden, Vanderbilt. Sean Harlow, Oregon State. Isaac Asiata, Utah. Jessamen Dunker, Tennessee State.

Elite class that’s deeper than we’ve had in years Forrest Lamp could probably start probably start all over the line. Dan Feeney has injury concerns but looks like a stellar LG at the next level, tough as gently caress in game. Nico Siragusa is the reason Pumphrey looked so great this year, still raw but built like a NFL starter already. Dorian Johnson could probably start at LT but needs to work on consistency, which will probably kick him inside. Dion Dawkins is a huge man that will rip apart anyone coming down the right side. Honorable mentions will all probably be drafted in the top 150.

Cs:
1. Ethan Pocic, LSU
2. Chase Roullier, Wyoming
3. Tyler Orlosky, West Virginia
4. Pat Elflein, Ohio State
5. Jon Toth, Kentucky

Honorable Mentions: Kyle Fuller, Baylor. Jay Guillermo, Clemson.

Solid class with a star on top. Pocic can play anyone in the interior but will stick at C because of his superb athleticism, even though he’s tall for the position. Chase Roullier destroyed his competition this year but has question marks about his arm length. Orlosky is a tough interior defender who has limited side to side motion, could be a RG. Pat Elflein is getting Mangold comparisons because evaluators are lazy, he doesn’t move like Mangold. Jon Toth is a marginal athlete who anchored his spot for years, could be a plug and play starter. Honorable mentions are thin like most years involving centers.

I'll do defense soon.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think Forrest Lamp will probably be a best fit at Center and the class itself is far from elite.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How are there 6 quadrants?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
my quarterback has the most beautiful quadrants

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JuJu Smith-Schuster is a solid name, Taco Charlton has some competition

Cooper Kupp isn't bad either. Bucky Hodges is definitely a bust name

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

No Butt Stuff posted:

How are there 6 quadrants?

Left, center, right and then short, intermediate, and long. Nine quadrants. Mitchell can throw to six of them (Deep right, intermediate right and center, and short left, center, and right.)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Left, center, right and then short, intermediate, and long. Nine quadrants. Mitchell can throw to six of them (Deep right, intermediate right and center, and short left, center, and right.)

You know what the "quad" in "quadrant" means, right?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
WHATEVER

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
:agesilaus:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

all this bluster about sjws ruining football and mixon is an honorable mention on your list. ok

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Jimmy Garoppolo

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

They have Brock on the roster, why would they need Brock 2.0?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

fsif posted:

I didn't know who Joe Mixon was so I went to Wikipedia to find out what he did and the parking citation story doesn't get enough attention.

The story where he ripped up a parking ticket and inching his car towards the person until they got out of the way? Monstrous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

gently caress Joe Mixon. My team already has an unrepentant rapist, I don't need that poo poo too.

TFF tries so hard to buck whatever is conventional wisdom that it's as predictable as scouts falling in love with a tall QB who's got a rocket arm. Mixon's a piece of poo poo who's shown no penitence whatsoever and has at least two incidents that make it seem like a pattern. Whether or not you find it morally repugnant you should be aware of the league's aggressive stance towards violence against women when deciding when to draft him. If other people agreeing that he's a piece of garbage causes your tiny rebellious spirit to flare up and take a counter stance on the internet that he should go in the first maybe you should reconsider whether being an internet contrarian is remotely useful in this setting.

How do you know if someone is penitent or not? You say he's shown no penitence whatsoever, but theres a loving 30 minute press conference where he publicly and emotionally apologized for his actions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIoupXWhdrY

• Locked thread