Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mclaren should find the guys who built the '99 Mugen engine for Jordan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wasn't the head of mugen indicted for tax evasion?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Mclaren should find the guys who built the '99 Mugen engine for Jordan

I think the same people are still involved. They tune Super Formula engines.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Wasn't the head of mugen indicted for tax evasion?

Yes. It's Soichiro's son.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

I've never been too fond of ovals in general.

Are you sure you're not Canadian?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you sure you're not Canadian?

I was born and raised in the GTA.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I had to go to Toronto for some stupid conference once, taking a cab back to the airport I heard racing engines and apparently an indycar race was happening, I would've stayed the weekend had I known that. That's my Toronto racing related anecdote.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 13, 2017

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Honda = Original rice paddy

:hai:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I had to go to Toronto for some stupid conference once, taking a cab back to the airport I heard racing engines and apparently an indycar race was happening, I would've stayed the weekend had I known that. That's my Toronto racing related anecdote.

That's the Exhibition place, I live 5 minutes away from there.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Some Montreal guy moved over to our team and works out of Vancouver, i keep playing with the idea of asking him if he knows of Villeneuve and if so what he thinks of him, I'm hoping it's worse than the loving guy who named his son Jack.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

A Honda engine just won the Indycars today starting from last place

Sorry fam im a Champ series guy. Indy car doesnt exist for me.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Human Grand Prix posted:

Bmo field the best.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-f1-drivers-no-longer-have-to-drive-like-small-children-882119/

Can't wait to see who will be brave enough to take Eau Rouge flat first.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The first guy on track.

F1 drivers are broken.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Stroll to repeat K Mag's Eau Rouge antics from last year.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Human Grand Prix posted:

Looks like 1500 dodged a bullet

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Looks like 1500 dodged a bullet

I view it more as two bullets missing each other.

In a thread full of bullets.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Probably Nando in the McLaren if his insights of testing are anything to go by.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Sorry fam im a Champ series guy. Indy car doesnt exist for me.

Mark plorude spotted.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Watch McLaren Honda is taking the piss out of literally everyone at testing and in Melbourne the have the fastest car on the grid by over 2 seconds.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Watch them hire Illien at some point during the year, if not in talks to already. If you didn't see the massive reliability issues from this new design coming then I dunno what to tell you. The power deficiency is very concerning but Hasegawa said himself he expected the other manufacturers to be ahead anyway.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Watch McLaren Honda is taking the piss out of literally everyone at testing and in Melbourne the have the fastest car on the grid by over 2 seconds.

That sounds like grounds for a toxx.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Fastest car on the grid for over two seconds as that is the average engine lifespan

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
GP3 and F3 are merging, reportedly. Makes sense.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Finally a one stop shop for all my hilariously bad junior drivers.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
GP3 is pretty drat reliable for producing at least one "holy gently caress" each season where somebody leaving the circuit in a body bag seems like the most likely outcome.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

GP3 is pretty drat reliable for producing at least one "holy gently caress" each season where somebody leaving the circuit in a body bag seems like the most likely outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puD6lHQCQFE

:eek:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Was it F4 or F3 a year or two ago where the first race of the weekend was so loving bad the FIA said they were just going to red flag and cancel the second race if there was even one remotely stupid incident and then six laps in two of them crashed. I think Stroll might have even been involved.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Remember having a squeaky bum watching that...

There's also a loving amazing clip of Canamasas playstationing it over the Ascari chicane and wiping out a load of cars out there somewhere.

1500quidporsche posted:

Was it F4 or F3 a year or two ago where the first race of the weekend was so loving bad the FIA said they were just going to red flag and cancel the second race if there was even one remotely stupid incident and then six laps in two of them crashed. I think Stroll might have even been involved.

I have it in my head it was GP3 during the Italian GP weekend in 2014.

e: best I can find of Are Canamasas is here: https://gfycat.com/RegularEmptyCarpenterant. Unfortunately it doesn't show the aftermath where something like 4 or 5 other cars are wiped out because of it. He'd already tagged two other drivers just before the Lesmos too. F1 is poorer without him.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 13, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

Finally a one stop shop for all my hilariously bad junior drivers.

That, unless they are filthy rich have zero chance in hell if ever making it up the ladder to F1.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

That sounds like grounds for a toxx.

But how would I get my daily dose of forums cancer for the rest of my life if I can't read y'all's posts?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

But how would I get my daily dose of forums cancer for the rest of my life if I can't read y'all's posts?

Just journal to yourself

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Theophany posted:

Remember having a squeaky bum watching that...

There's also a loving amazing clip of Canamasas playstationing it over the Ascari chicane and wiping out a load of cars out there somewhere.

I have it in my head it was GP3 during the Italian GP weekend in 2014.

e: best I can find of Are Canamasas is here: https://gfycat.com/RegularEmptyCarpenterant. Unfortunately it doesn't show the aftermath where something like 4 or 5 other cars are wiped out because of it. He'd already tagged two other drivers just before the Lesmos too. F1 is poorer without him.

Also the 2015 F3 race at Monza, where the race was under investigation, and they ended up canceling the 3rd race of the weekend because of the poor driving standards.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gret posted:

Also the 2015 F3 race at Monza, where the race was under investigation, and they ended up canceling the 3rd race of the weekend because of the poor driving standards.

That's the one!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

motorsport.com comments section is pretty carcinogenic.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Theophany posted:

That's the one!

And here's a highlight from the soon to be 2017 F1 rookie of the year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJv8Fs024os

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gret posted:

And here's a highlight from the soon to be 2017 F1 rookie of the year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJv8Fs024os

Huh, wonder why Ferrari didn't retain him in their young driver programme. Still, I'm sure Jack Newhouse will be proud. :canada:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

They shut them down, you will have to go to crash.net for your daily dose of moron

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

gret posted:

That really doesn't look like Stroll's fault TBH.

edit: Full Disclosure - I'm all for ripping on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

They put an end to the comment section, thankfully.

• Locked thread