Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
:( Unrest is like, the only place I could find groups at 20-21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

DrPossum posted:

:( Unrest is like, the only place I could find groups at 20-21

Man, I've never found a group at Unrest. Every trip out there for 18 years was a waste of time.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Okay so I've got my Enchanter to lvl 6 and realized the journey to 12 is just going to be one long grind. However I like the character and don't want to just give up.

So I'm willing to buy anyone's old newbie enchanter gear for market prices. I'm willing to spend around 3k plat, which I think can get me started. If anyone has a full set of serviceable cloth armor, two of those platinum fire wedding rings (they seem to be standard), and something better than a rusty dagger, I'll buy them from you. The money is on my shaman (Uggrut), but he can travel pretty safely now so I can meet you wherever, while the enchanter (Zephress) is currently parked in front of the High Elf town.

Figured I'd ask here first because I know I can trust you guys. I'll likely be on for a bit tonight but I'm willing to coordinate whatever works for whomever.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

HoboTech posted:

Okay so I've got my Enchanter to lvl 6 and realized the journey to 12 is just going to be one long grind. However I like the character and don't want to just give up.

So I'm willing to buy anyone's old newbie enchanter gear for market prices. I'm willing to spend around 3k plat, which I think can get me started. If anyone has a full set of serviceable cloth armor, two of those platinum fire wedding rings (they seem to be standard), and something better than a rusty dagger, I'll buy them from you. The money is on my shaman (Uggrut), but he can travel pretty safely now so I can meet you wherever, while the enchanter (Zephress) is currently parked in front of the High Elf town.

Figured I'd ask here first because I know I can trust you guys. I'll likely be on for a bit tonight but I'm willing to coordinate whatever works for whomever.

You should be able to group in Crushbone now. Farm up a bunch of those Crushbone Belts for turn-in in Kaladim and I suspect it will go very fast.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Siets posted:

You should be able to group in Crushbone now. Farm up a bunch of those Crushbone Belts for turn-in in Kaladim and I suspect it will go very fast.

I don't think you grasp just how bad I am at this game, sir/madame. I don't usually play completely sober so I don't want to drag a group down and be responsible for a total wipe.

I'll buff you if you're near me, but man, I'm the last guy you'll want to count on in a tight situation.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pilsner posted:

Sorry buddy but you're factually incorrect :colbert:

(Cryosilk Robe / Robe of the Whistling Fists)

I dunno I'm a big fan of the Robe of the Elements myself :shobon:

HoboTech posted:

I don't think you grasp just how bad I am at this game, sir/madame. I don't usually play completely sober so I don't want to drag a group down and be responsible for a total wipe.

I'll buff you if you're near me, but man, I'm the last guy you'll want to count on in a tight situation.

You're an enchanter though. The people responsible for tight situations are the tank mostly, maybe healers. You just buff people and throw out some damage :cheeky: Groups are super fun, and if anything I would say are better for playing not fully sober. If you're alone, you can easily gently caress up and die. In a group you just need to at least pay attention to group chat once in awhile so if you're forgetting something you notice when somebody says "hey could you do this" and then you do it and its all good.

Especially grouping as a caster is mostly just chilling and meditating. You can drink (or smoke or whatever) and chat.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 9, 2017

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Think ive just got some sort of alt sickness, it started with eyepatches(stopped at 34 total a month ago). I just can't seem to get the oomph into REALLY leveling any of them up though. 25 cleric with epic bagged that has some some bis droppables + nodrops minus the planar/tov limitations, level 18 monk with demon fangs/robe of the whistling fist cof fungi 1x BoB twink etc with tstaff/SoS ready to go for higher level(beads, ornate velium pendant the whole deal, was originally my main intent to take this guy to 60) a 38 rogue with mrylokar/fungi, mrylo legs, HoT chain arms/boots/gloves double BoBs)

finally what I decided on just before the lazy aggro and pull nerf went in, a troll SK(dumped all points into int for bigger mana pool) obviously i had the chance to reroll a dark elf, i have considered with the current gear he has has, vs what i intend him on having(nothing velious end game, probably nothing better then some mid end velious quest armor + epic and some kunark bis) theres like a 380-450 mana gap between my troll and being a dark elf with the current gear. it can fluctuate another +200-300 depending if i was wearing 1hs + atra shield(i think epic is the way to go still, proc is insane in pvp and any of those 1500ac monks/1300ac+ rogues get eaten alive by epic/asystole/vampiric curse/lifetaps inbetween jousts) but a massive dragon claw shard or darkmetal falchion are badass as hell for leveling currently. Put an aon to get him out of the way from being a fatty, hes got a claw/atra shield combo right now and i slash people for 90s all day long super fast. I guess if I wanted to win a who lookst he best contest, a female DE with a PD robe wouldve been the best(and best for mana gains). that would give me like a extra 2 life leeches at most advantage for pvp.

I kept leveling him, and regardless of the no drops and factioning ive put into him which is easily more effort then I have into leveling him, I could still reroll him into a DE but despite everyone saying so I feel like its just min maxing at this point and everyone wants a dark elf over a fatty troll. Can't wait for chardok revamp for that rev bauble clickly bobbing corpse and all the fun items in that zone, oddly enough i mooched faction too to the point im dubious already with sarnaks. custom helm with thurgadin bla bla. 55 seems to be the perfect level for a melee to destroy people with a 1k HT disc, a 55 double backstabbing rogue is great sure, but the requirement of being behind a moving target every time makes it super annoying on any decent player that can strafe and move around especially if they are plain jousting you with 2h over your auto attack/bs or simple BS only due to damage shield.

as for the robe discussion, I think whistling fists is hands down one of the best especially on iksars. PD robe its tough to say, dark elves it does look awesome but really I would have to say the mage or necro PoM robe. Basically the same one as the VP DMF robe. I haven't seen a vulak robe, none have dropped on red so I don't recall offhand what they look like. If anything I bet they look like some general 1 color robe knowing "classic" or p99 devs. Anyway heres to old times, checking through old screenshots and seeing buff timers RIP, I still run gamtexttriggers for important things, but buff timers being removed was just one of the stupidest things ever especially when they did it of all times.

Pwnz0r fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 9, 2017

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Enchanters just buff and dps? What?

Of the 4 cloth casters Enchanter is definitely the least chill.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

suuma posted:

Enchanters just buff and dps? What?

Of the 4 cloth casters Enchanter is definitely the least chill.

From levels 6 to 12, yes.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

I dunno I'm a big fan of the Robe of the Elements myself :shobon:

You're an enchanter though. The people responsible for tight situations are the tank mostly, maybe healers. You just buff people and throw out some damage :cheeky: Groups are super fun, and if anything I would say are better for playing not fully sober. If you're alone, you can easily gently caress up and die. In a group you just need to at least pay attention to group chat once in awhile so if you're forgetting something you notice when somebody says "hey could you do this" and then you do it and its all good.

Especially grouping as a caster is mostly just chilling and meditating. You can drink (or smoke or whatever) and chat.

I don't know, man. You've probably played way more than I have, but I was under the impression that Enchanters have a huge responsibility with crowd control and that if you don't keep everything going like clockwork then it all falls apart. Apparently I need all sorts of buff timers and to know all the key commands so I can make sure I'm targeting the right thing at the right time...?

Edit: Just saw your new post - that makes a little more sense. The guides I've read made the class out to be a nightmare for me in group situations. Grouping with my shaman felt like too much pressure - I just don't want to let anyone down.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Siets posted:

From levels 6 to 12, yes.

Oh, yeah. True.

Pre-12 is pretty miserable, you pretty much have your dot and can melee and mez once for 40% of your mana.

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
Yea thats correct as you gain levels you will be juggling a lot in groups but you can certainly go full solo as an enchanter if you wanna go that route. It's not a chill class beyond the early levels in either scenario though. I would say the buff timers and commands are optional but will help a lot. The only things I would consider necessary are binding keys to 'cycle through nearest npcs' and 'toggle last 2 targets' and get used to using them.

As far as robes my favorite is Robe of Benevolence. It's such a horrible clown-colored monstrosity.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015

HoboTech posted:

I don't know, man. You've probably played way more than I have, but I was under the impression that Enchanters have a huge responsibility with crowd control and that if you don't keep everything going like clockwork then it all falls apart. Apparently I need all sorts of buff timers and to know all the key commands so I can make sure I'm targeting the right thing at the right time...?

Edit: Just saw your new post - that makes a little more sense. The guides I've read made the class out to be a nightmare for me in group situations. Grouping with my shaman felt like too much pressure - I just don't want to let anyone down.

I have to disagree with Zaph, Enchanters are a key class in tight situations. That said, it's not hugely complicated and compared to any modern mmo, still very slow paced.

Don't worry about buff timers. If someone wants a buff they can ask you.

For crowd control, make a hotbutton that reads "/assist <tank name here>". When stuff comes, press that, then tab to the next thing and mez it. Don't try mezzing things that con red without at least tashing them first, and keep root on your spell bar for the inevitable mez breaks.

If you want to get good at enchanter, read this https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%27s_Enchanter_Guide

One final thing, the enc summoned pets at 8 and 12 are very much worth travelling to Highpass for, especially if you've got 3k and can afford a port.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

^^^ Yeah, I think that's one of the guides I read that made me realize I may be in over my head. Thanks for the tips, though. I'll give them a shot.

D-Tron posted:

Yea thats correct as you gain levels you will be juggling a lot in groups but you can certainly go full solo as an enchanter if you wanna go that route. It's not a chill class beyond the early levels in either scenario though. I would say the buff timers and commands are optional but will help a lot. The only things I would consider necessary are binding keys to 'cycle through nearest npcs' and 'toggle last 2 targets' and get used to using them.

Yeah it seems pretty intensive either way, but at least if I'm solo it's just my night I ruin.

Alright, I might give Crushbone a try, if not tonight then sometime tomorrow/this weekend.

Still wanna get that gear, though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

smiling giraffe posted:

I have to disagree with Zaph, Enchanters are a key class in tight situations. That said, it's not hugely complicated and compared to any modern mmo, still very slow paced..

Yeah I mean you gotta CC dudes, especially if the tank accidentally pulls a ton, but IDK its still pretty chill being a caster. :shrug: Super slow paced, like you say.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
It will also depend on the groups you get into. If you avoid pushing the limits / hard camps it should be easy mode for any caster. Just stick to easy camps / good groups and bail as soon as they try to replace the tank with one 5 levels lower.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Alright so hopefully tonight I can give Crushbone a try, at least until level 12. I'll just warn people that I'm inept and go from there.

Also, is bind wounds or whatever it is (the skill with bandages) worthwhile? The drat things are 3 silver each but some extra healing would be cool. I used it a few times and only once did it seem like it did much.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I'd say Bind Wounds is pretty much only useful for Monks and maybe Warriors due to how the skill caps work. They're pretty expensive early on and in classic they don't heal past 50% (75%?) health. If you can find a magician who can summon them for you, go nuts (they'd only cost mana).

You also can't be attacking/getting attacked when using them, though there is (was?) a "bug" that allowed you to do that with a macro, I think.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

suuma posted:

I'd say Bind Wounds is pretty much only useful for Monks and maybe Warriors due to how the skill caps work. They're pretty expensive early on and in classic they don't heal past 50% (75%?) health. If you can find a magician who can summon them for you, go nuts (they'd only cost mana).

You also can't be attacking/getting attacked when using them, though there is (was?) a "bug" that allowed you to do that with a macro, I think.
I has certainly worked for years (BW while being attacked), and it massively improved melee soloability, but I can't prove that it still works, as I haven't logged in in over a year. Reading a thread here, it seems that players BW'ing are now considered sitting, and will be hit for max damage now:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222964&page=3

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Are any of you blue folks familiar with the kobolds in velks, as far as either soloing(enchanter) or duoing ie monk/shm or something along those lines? I haven't been there since Live, and I assume that most pulls are 1-3 at a time, so you eityher need roots or a FD puller or a mezzer. I was considering oing down to farm random items to sell(the CC armor and misc stuff sell fast n 1-5k ea, BP gems 8k ea, robe/priest bp gems 3-4k ea) so I figure maybe try it as a cash camp also, on top of the fact I want the 19/25 +50 mana clicky Grim Aura SK only nodrop sword. The guy was up for like 4 days, but my slow rear end never got down there in time, partially because i was hesitant and didnt know the area well at all. anyway one of my buddies ended up looting it on his level 20 SK.

I know an enchanter with boon + collab can roam freely, giving the option for them to calm mobs 1 by 1 to get other people or a group to the kobold camps where the named are. thats about it, I dont know if one named spawns in one camp or if they are all PHers for same thing once you reach the kobold huts or spawns that aren't in the drop down area.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.

Pwnz0r posted:

Are any of you blue folks familiar with the kobolds in velks, as far as either soloing(enchanter) or duoing ie monk/shm or something along those lines? I haven't been there since Live, and I assume that most pulls are 1-3 at a time, so you eityher need roots or a FD puller or a mezzer. I was considering oing down to farm random items to sell(the CC armor and misc stuff sell fast n 1-5k ea, BP gems 8k ea, robe/priest bp gems 3-4k ea) so I figure maybe try it as a cash camp also, on top of the fact I want the 19/25 +50 mana clicky Grim Aura SK only nodrop sword. The guy was up for like 4 days, but my slow rear end never got down there in time, partially because i was hesitant and didnt know the area well at all. anyway one of my buddies ended up looting it on his level 20 SK.

I know an enchanter with boon + collab can roam freely, giving the option for them to calm mobs 1 by 1 to get other people or a group to the kobold camps where the named are. thats about it, I dont know if one named spawns in one camp or if they are all PHers for same thing once you reach the kobold huts or spawns that aren't in the drop down area.

By all accounts (I haven't done it myself) the kobolds are monsters. They are highly resistant, hit fast due to having (I think) shamen mixed in that haste them, and they're tightly packed in making a lull critical resist impossible to recover from. The spiders I hear about people soloing more frequently, but they come with their own set of difficulties. They can overwhelm you easily, you tend to have to fight them either in tight corridors or in those drat walkways going up to the invis wall, and a lot are rogues, meaning if you're trying to recover from a charm break and get unlucky you might eat a backstab or two. I plan on trying to solo in Velks when I hit 55 or 56, but I'm not going to do it without a lot of research first.

As for spawns, I think the named all spawn in their respective areas, so it isn't like HS where a named can spawn in any wing with a few exceptions. I also want that SK sword for my alt but hell I doubt I'll ever get it.

Edit: I forgot to add: The boon+collaboration trick only works if you don't get any hits to your Velkator faction. So if you kill too many kobolds you won't be able to move about freely anymore.

Fangthane fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 15, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Yeah, Velk is kind of savage even for full groups let alone solo/duo groups. Back on live 15 years ago every full group that I had for kobolds, even while successful, ultimately ended in tragedy when someone inched too close to a side and wound up chain pulling 2-3 groups. Monk/Shaman can probably take on the entrance spiders, but if the monk falls into lower area kobolds (which, IIRC, are the lower level ones as well) then he won't be able to get out unless he has gate/portal potions or a pocket wiz/druid because you sure as poo poo probably aren't going to be fighting your way all the way out of the lower pit.

If you want a good mid-level-50s duo spot, I think there are a couple of places in the storm giant city where you can duo some of the lower leveled stuff (bank maybe?) and pick up some corroded stuff while you're doing it. Siren's Grotto is a deathtrap, Dragon Necropolis is also a deathtrap, you're probably outleveled for Crystal Caverns.

Plane of Mischief.... actually might be right up your alley if you can get into it. IIRC you can bind melee where you teleport in, and there's a certain flower on the west side of the entry garden that'll teleport you back go Great Divide. Mobs tend to be spaced out for easy single pulls and IIRC necros and druids wind up soloing there often.

Edit: Have a buttrock video from 2000 showing you the run to get there (assuming all the ntov bosses are dead). Everyone in question will probably need a Shiny Brass Idol for a shot of invulnerability to get in the place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS3FcHpseNs

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 16, 2017

Dirt
May 26, 2003

There's a few people selling Call of the Hero to the entrance to PoM for like 2k.

If you do that the only dragon to worry about is the one in WW outside of TOV.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

lol white trash girlfriend

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

DeathSandwich posted:

Plane of Mischief.... actually might be right up your alley if you can get into it. IIRC you can bind melee where you teleport in, and there's a certain flower on the west side of the entry garden that'll teleport you back go Great Divide. Mobs tend to be spaced out for easy single pulls and IIRC necros and druids wind up soloing there often.

Edit: Have a buttrock video from 2000 showing you the run to get there (assuming all the ntov bosses are dead). Everyone in question will probably need a Shiny Brass Idol for a shot of invulnerability to get in the place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS3FcHpseNs

That classic video is so low res it does no justice to the chaos that actually happens on the run. He had some bard speed and self DA so it was an easier class to get up there.

If you have the proper friends, you can deffo run it but the run usually takes a few attempts unless you can DA/DB yourself.

Melees need a Locket of Escape to bind in PoM.

Herv posted:

Its about 2k a pop. Nemce/Nmce did the last round for us.

On Live and A'Kabor I just ran it when NToV was down.

Necro/Clr at zone in, Druid outside. If you can get past Dagarn's (the tunnel to Lord Kreizan) area you pop a shiny brass idol and cruise into pom. Much much much more fun!

I have a 58 enc/mag bound there so will give you the $20 tour.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
More chanter talk: I went to Velk's to solo some spiders into 55. It's not impossible, and by all means it's not hard. But seriously these mobs have such absurd amounts of HP that fights take upwards of 5 minutes to pan out, and at the end you don't really get anything for it as the ZEM is the same as Howling Stones but only having the benefit of a zone out right there. Furthermore, there are mobs with a level variance of 4-5 mixed in together, so fights need more babysitting to determine if they'll need a slow to keep it roughly even to attempt to use less mana on the kill shots. All in all, if you really want a change of scenery and you don't mind the sheer lack of loot along with the increased need to pay attention to your fight, go for it. But once you get over the dread of breaking and holding down Charasis, it is far and away better than Velk's. Also, while I'm thinking about it, there are no casters on the spider ramps. So downtime becomes more crippling without the utility of Theft of Thought.

Sorry for the Enchanter specific derail. I just thought I'd talk about Velk's a bit more after actually experiencing it.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Lava Duct Crawlers in SolB were pretty killer for charm soloing too. You can start in guano area and work to stony. Zone out right in guano room.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Seems Daybreak is going to launch another timelocked progression server this summer, 12 weeks for each expansion and eventually stopping at LDoN, making PoP the final raid expansion. Might be an alternative to P1999 for those who don't want to race for spawns.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Philonius posted:

Seems Daybreak is going to launch another timelocked progression server this summer, 12 weeks for each expansion and eventually stopping at LDoN, making PoP the final raid expansion. Might be an alternative to P1999 for those who don't want to race for spawns.

Nothing is an alternative until they go back to 100% classic graphics. :colbert:

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Siets posted:

Nothing is an alternative until they go back to 100% classic graphics. :colbert:

Yeah, I guess if they keep revamped zones its a bit of a letdown.

How is the game balance on these servers nowadays? Years ago when they first did progression servers they kept spells as they were on live, which made casters hilariously overpowered since they were balanced to compete with fully twinked melees.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Siets posted:

Also you have to pay Daybreak games the subscription fee, of which I'm pretty loathe to do in general.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Philonius posted:

an alternative to P1999 for those who don't want to race for spawns

http://p2002.com/about

2 main raid guilds, share/rotate all content, zero racing

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Orange Red Bull posted:

http://p2002.com/about

2 main raid guilds, share/rotate all content, zero racing

How many people are playing that though? One of the appeals of p1999 is that it has a good server population. And that it strictly disallows multiboxing.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Philonius posted:

That actually doesn't sound terrible on paper. I've never played one of the progression servers though.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

FranktheBank posted:

That actually doesn't sound terrible on paper. I've never played one of the progression servers though.

I tried the first one they did...

It was basically 6 man box squads murdering everything. 5 mages and a druid usually.

Mage pets were super overpowered because they were "balanced" for the current game(with 20-something expansions) so they basically could murder anything in old world zones without any effort.

Monk fists were "balanced" too and were better than any classic era weapons.

If they limited boxing and can roll back spells/stats to normal classic era stuff ,it would be tolerable I imagine. If they don't do that it's just Mage deathsquads owning every zone.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt posted:

It was basically 6 man box squads murdering everything. 5 mages and a druid usually.

Mage pets were super overpowered because they were "balanced" for the current game(with 20-something expansions) so they basically could murder anything in old world zones without any effort.

Monk fists were "balanced" too and were better than any classic era weapons.

If they limited boxing and can roll back spells/stats to normal classic era stuff ,it would be tolerable I imagine. If they don't do that it's just Mage deathsquads owning every zone.

I tuned into a random stream just to observe it when the first profession server (Ragefire?) had launched. The streamer was in Mistmoore and in the short two minute span I was watching I saw no less than four separate 6-box mage squads roll through.

P99 or bust.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yeah unfortunately if a server doesn't restrict boxing then other people are definitely going to do it, and I don't want to, and that puts me at a disadvantage. Plus it means most people aren't looking to group but rather just solo everything with their box group.

P99 or bust.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Dirt posted:

Siets posted:

I tuned into a random stream just to observe it when the first profession server (Ragefire?) had launched. The streamer was in Mistmoore and in the short two minute span I was watching I saw no less than four separate 6-box mage squads roll through.

P99 or bust.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah unfortunately if a server doesn't restrict boxing then other people are definitely going to do it, and I don't want to, and that puts me at a disadvantage. Plus it means most people aren't looking to group but rather just solo everything with their box group.

P99 or bust.

That's precisely what they learned from their first slew of prog servers; boxing ruins it, because some people apparently have no problem paying $100 per month just to grind old poo poo in EQ (or maybe the ability to RMT items offsets it, I dunno). The latest prog server, Phinigel, only allows one active account per player per computer, and since Fippy/Ragefire, they have done quite a bit of tuning to players and NPCs, in order to make it more balanced. They have also introduced raid instancing even on old stuff like Vox and Naggy, which you may or may not like, but for the majority of players, it's a godsend. Bosses are also available in the open world, for those who want to race.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Philonius posted:

How many people are playing that though? One of the appeals of p1999 is that it has a good server population. And that it strictly disallows multiboxing.

about 300+ during primetime

You can 3 box here which amplifies the pop. I got sick of ground transferring things and having to bug guildies to move stuff. Spent over a year at level 55 grinding light blue level 40 mobs trying to progress so this server is a good fit for me.

Pok is enabled so you dont have to bug people for ports, MQ is disabled so you can actually do your epic or get jboots and things without sockers sitting on spawns. Im sitting in OOT right now grinding seafuries and the AC is open. Been open all weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
I'm pretty sure the new progression server is no boxing? Or did I misunderstand: One account per machine