Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Posted in the BPO Facebook group, but figured you all would enjoy it too...

This kind of stuff irritates the gently caress out of me. See, I genuinely like this guy. Known him for a while, and he's constantly putting poo poo like this as a status.

Things like, oh woe is me, I had to do my loving job. I had personal tragedy, and I'm still here working. You know, what they're literally PAYING ME to do. Please oh please tell me how awesome I am. I'm a hero! Pat me on my back! I need validation!

Fishing for compliments and likes is lovely. It's lovely as gently caress. It's extra hilarious because working EMS, you sign a contract that says basically: I won't leave my post until relief comes, or I'm directed by a supervisor. The cheap shot at millenials, which, he loving is himself, is gold.

Also, as someone pointed out, he's obviously on OT, so he's making an insane amount of money to be complaining about doing his loving job. Totally not complaining though. Totally.

Edit: Currently 100+ likes on this garbage status. No surprise every commenter is white as driven snow and praising him for being "SO HEROIC" and "DOING GOD'S WORK!" Yeah, go gently caress yourself. North Central Floridans love to poo poo all over each other and younger people. God I hate this loving place.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Teach posted:

From a page back, but just want you to know, Inco, good job.

Content - discussion from a FB group about boosting WiFi signals, when all of a sudden, amazing weird comment.

Is it that weird? I remember some old "how-to" pictures that used a large Pringles can to boost an antenna, so it seems at least plausible.

Or am I missing something about powdered milk?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/aigkenham/status/824585660002603008

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Serperoth posted:

Is it that weird? I remember some old "how-to" pictures that used a large Pringles can to boost an antenna, so it seems at least plausible.

Or am I missing something about powdered milk?

They are not suggesting using the cans, unless you can think of a way to arrange 2 cans in a semicircle

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah the semi-circle is definitely what's intriguing me the most. Do you just pour the powered milk around your router?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
The Pringles can thing works because the interior of the can is made of foil, and modifying the can could create a suitable antenna. The thing with the Powdered Milk just sounds like a scam to get you to buy more powdered milk. Don't keep Big Milk in power!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zipperelli. posted:

Posted in the BPO Facebook group, but figured you all would enjoy it too...

gently caress first responders who use this job to get hero worshipped. 80% of EMS is being a glorified taxi, motherfucker if you had actually ~*saved someone's life*~ you'd never stop posting about it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

. . .

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
I can't post a photo because it's a friend's child, but the boy is wearing a shirt that says, "My Mom Sells LuLaRoe." Is this leggings thing another MLM scam? My sister had a friend who was selling this poo poo and added me to a Facebook Lularoe chat party.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

bean_shadow posted:

I can't post a photo because it's a friend's child, but the boy is wearing a shirt that says, "My Mom Sells LuLaRoe." Is this leggings thing another MLM scam? My sister had a friend who was selling this poo poo and added me to a Facebook Lularoe chat party.

Seems to be a clothing-based MLM, if their website is anything to go by.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

bean_shadow posted:

Definitely an MLM thing, but they differentiate themselves by having weird rules about their online sales. So you can't put up a typical e-commerce store, you have to do these weird "parties" where people kind of bid on the leggings.
They're basically the same leggings that you can get at Walgreens that Wendy Williams was all about and less like work-out, yoga butt Lululemon leggings.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

What part of the constitution stops me from punching nazis?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It might not be that particular MLM but I know one Italian restaurant in my area had a problem with people trying to start those dumb sales parties in the table areas and drag in other customers. So they had to put up signs at both entrances letting people know that doing what is essentially soliciting sales from other customers would get you kicked out.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I once came home to a dog turd on the floor. I didn't actually see the dog poo poo it but I guess it's a stretch to conclude that he did based on the evidence.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
I've never seen Wyoming. I guess I shouldn't just blindly accept that it exists.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Eponine posted:

Definitely an MLM thing, but they differentiate themselves by having weird rules about their online sales. So you can't put up a typical e-commerce store, you have to do these weird "parties" where people kind of bid on the leggings.
They're basically the same leggings that you can get at Walgreens that Wendy Williams was all about and less like work-out, yoga butt Lululemon leggings.
Woman explains her decision to not sell Lularoe, comments are great

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
AUG & IOSM together like Chocolate & Peanutbutter:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

quote:

Update: still really glad I didn’t sign up. Almost 10 months later. Why? I don’t even want to buy the clothes anymore and it lost its appeal to me. See my husband just knows me and my crap attention span 😉

quote:

Oh goodness yes! My husband knows me too, but he let me go for it. I really wish he was more firm in telling me NO haha because I’m getting ready to close up shop. It hurts a little, but it’s the best thing for me and my family.

The sheer frequency of this sort of sentiment in the comments... It's really sad.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Imagine finding humor and joy in poor people not being able to have affordable healthcare. Imagine being this much of a mockery of humanity.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Declaration has that "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" bit. What about that, Smug Wonka?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Imagine finding humor and joy in poor people not being able to have affordable healthcare. Imagine being this much of a mockery of humanity.

Imagine being the spawn of such a mockery.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The Constitution is old and busted anyways. We need the new hotness to replace it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

e: oop

Decrepus has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Mar 13, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
JonTron apparently did a debate on Twitch yesterday and it was monumentally loving terrible with such highlights as "The richest blacks commit more crimes than the poorest whites" "Discrimination no longer exists in America" " ~when asked why whites becoming a minority was a bad thing~ Heh...uh...well..." Also he thinks blacks commit more crimes because of their genes and their 'tribal roots'.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah the semi-circle is definitely what's intriguing me the most. Do you just pour the powered milk around your router?

Yes. This is what you do.

Wifi signals treat powdered milk like ghosts treat salt. They can't cross it. So the signals bounce back the other direction and that amplifies the signal in the rest of the building.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Mushika posted:

The sheer frequency of this sort of sentiment in the comments... It's really sad.

I know a few women who really like LuLaRoe leggings, but it's a shame they can't just sell them normally like a regular loving store. Any product that needs to rely on an MLM business structure should be regarded with extreme caution.

It's also maddeningly confusing that both LuLaRoe and Rue La La exist, and they both sell women's clothing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

OldTennisCourt posted:

JonTron apparently did a debate on Twitch yesterday and it was monumentally loving terrible with such highlights as "The richest blacks commit more crimes than the poorest whites" "Discrimination no longer exists in America" " ~when asked why whites becoming a minority was a bad thing~ Heh...uh...well..." Also he thinks blacks commit more crimes because of their genes and their 'tribal roots'.

From what I understand JonTron was forced out of the Game Grumps because he kept making more and more racist "jokes" that pretty much required entire segments of the video to just be cut out entirely. And when the videos are only ten minutes long that's not really feasible. Also he might have been showing up drunk and just generally being a prick. This is all hearsay, though.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Who What Now posted:

From what I understand JonTron was forced out of the Game Grumps because he kept making more and more racist "jokes" that pretty much required entire segments of the video to just be cut out entirely. And when the videos are only ten minutes long that's not really feasible. Also he might have been showing up drunk and just generally being a prick. This is all hearsay, though.

I know for a fact there were multiple videos were the editor had to put in sound effects to block out Jon literally screeching racial slurs, and not just once or twice but a poo poo ton.

He's so loving stupid.

OldTennisCourt has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Mar 13, 2017

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ularg posted:

AUG & IOSM together like Chocolate & Peanutbutter:

It's a pre-war bartstool. Bam. Or maybe it was made by some wastelander and it's shiny and new because he knew what he was doing, because as evidenced by Fallout 1 and 2 there are actually places in America that aren't basically shanty towns because people can actually do things like make bricks and mix cement and use metal that isn't just a corrugated sheet.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Slime posted:

It's a pre-war bartstool. Bam. Or maybe it was made by some wastelander and it's shiny and new because he knew what he was doing, because as evidenced by Fallout 1 and 2 there are actually places in America that aren't basically shanty towns because people can actually do things like make bricks and mix cement and use metal that isn't just a corrugated sheet.

Fallout 1 and 2 put a lot of work into showing the progression of post-war society like Vault City and the NCR, which Bethesda promptly threw out to have towns that consisted of 3 people living in scrap huts under a radioactive overpass because somehow after 200 years nobody has even bothered to sweep a drat floor.

I feel bad for Obsidian being hamstrung by reusing so many assets for New Vegas, because I get the feeling that they'd have made much nicer settlements if they had the option.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Also every where is still littered with poo poo and unlooted like the bombs dropped five years ago

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

timp posted:

I know a few women who really like LuLaRoe leggings, but it's a shame they can't just sell them normally like a regular loving store. Any product that needs to rely on an MLM business structure should be regarded with extreme caution.
The weird thing is it's not that LuLaRoe NEEDS to be an MLM. With better management and non-lovely product they would do a booming business just having people sell their stuff.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

please don't use the iosm thread to rehash the same tired discussion about Bethesda and Fallout that happens whenever they get mentioned in any thread on this website, ever

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crocoswine posted:

please don't use the iosm thread to rehash the same tired discussion about Bethesda and Fallout that happens whenever they get mentioned in any thread on this website, ever

BUT I NEED TO GIVE MY TAKE ON IT

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I tried to play Fallout once but my friend had forgotten to put the disc back in the box and it was a pirated copy of Anchorman instead.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

OldTennisCourt posted:

Oh dear oh dear

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Slime posted:

You mean like Sierra in Fallout 3?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
What does MLM stand for?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Leavemywife posted:

What does MLM stand for?

Multi Level Marketing aka Pyramid Scheme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I tried to play Fallout once but my friend had forgotten to put the disc back in the box and it was a pirated copy of Anchorman instead.

was it the good kind of pirated (a camcorder in the movie theater) or the lame kind of pirated