Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Is it true that King Kong has an after credits scene where Anguirus shows up with an eyepatch and says he is putting together a team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

Is it true that King Kong has an after credits scene where Anguirus shows up with an eyepatch and says he is putting together a team?
There's an after credits scene but it's not that. Hiddleston and Robertson are sitting in an interrogation room. Brooks comes in and shows that a slide show of cave paintings of other monsters, Godzilla among them.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Casimir Radon posted:

There's an after credits scene but it's not that. Hiddleston and Robertson are sitting in an interrogation room. Brooks comes in and shows that a slide show of cave paintings of other monsters, Godzilla among them.

There was a persistent rumor about a different version of that scene were you actually saw Godzilla fighting Mothra and Rodan on the Atlantic Pity it was just a rumor.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In the end, Kong isn't gonna defeat Godzilla, but he'll got the distance.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Casimir Radon posted:

Everyone who didn't read the spoiler, he actually said I was correct and a very smart poster for figuring it out without watching the movie.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There was a persistent rumor about a different version of that scene were you actually saw Godzilla fighting Mothra and Rodan on the Atlantic Pity it was just a rumor.

Considering how much that probably would have cost to put together, I'm not surprised it never got past the planning stage

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

I only remember the pretty cool explosion about halfway through. It was in the trailer and I was very disappointed as a kid to find out that it's the only explosion in the movie..

IIRC, its only in the movie as an after credits scene, too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is there a reason the movie (and the ape himself) is called simply Kong now instead of King Kong?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Godzilla is the true King of the Monsters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is there a reason the movie (and the ape himself) is called simply Kong now instead of King Kong?

To make it clear it's not another straight King Kong remake. John C Reilly calls him King of the island in the trailer though.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't know anything but King Kong sounds kinda dumb

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vegetable posted:

I don't know anything but King Kong sounds kinda dumb

You shut your god damned mouth.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I mean, it's no Donkey Kong.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If have it on good authority that there are only three real monsters: Dracula, Blacula, and Son of Kong.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Young Freud posted:

IIRC, its only in the movie as an after credits scene, too.

Nah, somebody sets off the hydrogen bomb in order to cover up a murder, and Keanu escapes it in a motorcycle.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

FilthyImp posted:

Godzilla is the true King of the Monsters.

And boom there's the plot of Godzilla vs King Kong in a nutshell. Godzilla hears someone call Kong the King of Monsters and goes "Oh HEEEEEEEELL NAW" and they fight.

Seriously how is that a six writer job?

Edit: The real question will be is Kong Apollo or Rocky in this scenario?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
At the end of the day, one thing remains true for Kong and Godzilla that will forever prevent their fight from being fair: in Kong's first appearance we saw him die. And never come back in his own series. In Godzilla he appears destroyed, but then had sequel after sequel where he was very much alive.

From this we as a cinematic audience have learned that Godzilla is invincible and King Kong is fallible. Or, maybe, fellable.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Len posted:

And boom there's the plot of Godzilla vs King Kong in a nutshell. Godzilla hears someone call Kong the King of Monsters and goes "Oh HEEEEEEEELL NAW" and they fight.

Seriously how is that a six writer job?

Edit: The real question will be is Kong Apollo or Rocky in this scenario?

MonsieurChoc posted:

In the end, Kong isn't gonna defeat Godzilla, but he'll got the distance.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

feedmyleg posted:

At the end of the day, one thing remains true for Kong and Godzilla that will forever prevent their fight from being fair: in Kong's first appearance we saw him die. And never come back in his own series. In Godzilla he appears destroyed, but then had sequel after sequel where he was very much alive.

From this we as a cinematic audience have learned that Godzilla is invincible and King Kong is fallible. Or, maybe, fellable.

Also, Kong is toddler-sized compared to Godzilla.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Grendels Dad posted:

Also, Kong is toddler-sized compared to Godzilla.

What better height to punch him in the dick at? Surely, Godzilla has one weakness which has never been exploited.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Godzilla just has a cloaca.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Can't wait to finally see a film where an ape fists a radioactive lizard.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Eastbound Spider posted:

Can't wait to finally see a film where an ape fists a radioactive lizard.

Look, I'm sorry I lost the tape of your parents' honeymoon.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

feedmyleg posted:

That's the formula American cinematic audiences have accepted (if we exclude Mighty Joe Young, the direct-to-video animated musical The Mighty Kong, the two animated series, and the Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror" fable 'King Homer'). In Japan, King Kong has had two feature films, and he wins the day in each.

The real test is whether cinephiles can learn to love an incomparable Kong, after decades of being told that his continued survival in the 'modern world' is unimaginable. It's clear what direction Skull Island suggests.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
you guys know King Kong won in the original King Kong vs. Godzilla right

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

HannibalBarca posted:

Well, in the Japanese

:goonsay:

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

HannibalBarca posted:

I'd say it was more of a draw.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

This checks out.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

America loves the underdog, dont change Kongs height

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Make Kong even smaller I say! I mean, we all watched Ant Man kick Iron Man's rear end last summer.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sinners Sandwich posted:

America loves the underdog, dont change Kongs height

Bambi vs. Godzilla is still beloved

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Enos Cabell posted:

Make Kong even smaller I say! I mean, we all watched Ant Man kick Iron Man's rear end last summer.

Make him really small.

Godzilla and the Fantastic Voyage of Mr. Kong

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

If have it on good authority that there are only three real monsters: Dracula, Blacula, and Son of Kong.

... has anyone made a vampire ape movie, cause i have ideas

e: google says no. I'm in the money now!

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Do they ever have king kong using weapons?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

There's actually only one real monster.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Alhazred posted:

Clowns?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!

Femur posted:

Like giant guns? He throws trees and uses them as clubs if that's what you're asking

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alhazred posted:

Disappointed that doesn't link to a picture of Jimmy Carter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Femur posted:

He definitely uses weapons in the new movie. At one point he fights by swinging around a huge chain with a ships propeller wrapped up at the end.

• Locked thread