Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i watched the anthem of the heart movie. its quite good, check it out! i felt that its handing of relationships was a notch above most anime and the musical aspect was fun, made by the anohana fes and toradora staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Maidragon definitely has its problematic elements but they are generally ignorable, and for people who aren't reading threads with manga readers breathlessly saying "OMG THERE IS GOING TO BE A PEDO BIT IN THE NEXT EPISODE" many don't even notice.

Basically if you can survive Flip Flappers you should be fine.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 12, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
episode 6 of maidragon is an episode with a first half that you might not like at all and that is understandable

please do not take guy goodbody as representative of everyone talking about that ep of maidragon here cause most of the people in this forum i've talked to who weren't bothered can understand thinking it is a weird episode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

I'm surprised "don't watch the episode with the pedo poo poo" is a controversial opinion in ADTRW

People loving love the -gatari shows, its a losing battle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When do Yuasa's movies come out again? Are they scheduled for the summer?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i'm gonna say it's best to ignore the guy who posted this

Guy Goodbody posted:

How about we just have one kid that's legal to gently caress, but if you gently caress any other kid you get executed. Responsible pedophiles who can wait for their appointments with the fuckid get to live normal lives, dangerous pedophiles are removed from the population.

when it comes to matters of pedophilia

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

In Training posted:

When do Yuasa's movies come out again? Are they scheduled for the summer?

both of them are scheduled for a Spring release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dogsicle posted:

both of them are scheduled for a Spring release

Oh mama. I hope some camrips show up

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hurrrr lets watch camrips like a bunch of barbaric retards

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

No need to sign your posts :D

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

when are you streaming the camrips

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Yuasa movies might not be available in English for awhile but with any luck the blu-ray of the Lupin movie by the Redline director will come with english subs when it lands, in May.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

dogsicle posted:

I agree

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Srice posted:

The Yuasa movies might not be available in English for awhile but with any luck the blu-ray of the Lupin movie by the Redline director will come with english subs when it lands, in May.

It's good, even if it's more like a multi-part episode of a Lupin TV series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

:yikes:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

the preorders said nothing about english subs though :(

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I believe in fansubbers. They will return when we need them most.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

It's good, even if it's more like a multi-part episode of a Lupin TV series.

Hell, that's what Jigen's Gravestone was and it ruled, so that's good news to me!

dogsicle posted:

the preorders said nothing about english subs though :(

:pray:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Maid Dragon is a good show with a really bad sequence in episode six that starts up a running gag where the punchline is pedophilia. :yikes:

Fortunately the rest of the show is great enough to keep watching, but boy does it make it difficult to rec the show to others.

Anyways, stick to the small dragon thread. It avoids all discussion on this aspect of the show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Srice posted:

Hell, that's what Jigen's Gravestone was and it ruled, so that's good news to me!

Oh poo poo, I was talking about Jigen's Gravestone. I forgot there was a Goemon thing too.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

That was a bad joke made in poor taste, and I deserved a probation for it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

That was a bad joke made in poor taste, and I deserved a probation for it.

But what of the February probation?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Namtab posted:

But what of the February probation?

That was a link to amiami

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Maid Dragon is a Good Show, but we need more people watching Demi Chan, which is a Great Show

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Guy Goodbody posted:

That was a link to amiami

lmao

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, think I'm done with LWA for now unless I just start hearing tons of praise for later eps. I've gotten really bored with it. The show's gotten way too predictable over the last few episodes, it's killing my ability to really enjoy either the comedy or the plot. It's been weeks since it's gotten more than a chuckle out of me, and the plot's been at a near standstill that entire time.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't kept up with LWA so I can't comment on the merit of individual episodes, but the style and epcount gave me the impression that it'd be largely episodic going in.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

I haven't kept up with LWA so I can't comment on the merit of individual episodes, but the style and epcount gave me the impression that it'd be largely episodic going in.

Still runs into the problem of just not being that funny. Felt like I was able to predict every other punchline way in advance over the past few episodes, outside of the Sucy ep. Tonight was especially rote, outside of a couple of moments.

And I feel like a bit more dedication to an overarching plot or character development would actually help the comedy - part of the reason I've gotten so bored with it is because I feel like the main trio's gimmicks have been really firmly established for ages. Akko is aggressive, incompetent, and goes a-mile-a-minute, Sucy is weird and delights in schadenfruede, Lotte is the good girl on whom the other two is a bad influence, and almost everyone else is a mixture of snooty, british, and not around terribly often. I know how each character is going to act almost all the time, it spoils the surprise and humor.

Just frustrating. I want to like this show way more than I do, but it's just not doing it for me.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I mean, different strokes and all, but I've been laughing my rear end off with every episode. Maybe the problem is you?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

an actual dog posted:

Watching two elementary school kids rub up against each other is okay if it's gay. Got it!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

enough!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

discussion of differing views on the show should be more civil and complex than "maybe it is you who is the pedophile :smug:"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

:chloe:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

discussion of differing views on the show should be more civil and complex than "maybe it is you who is the pedophile :smug:"

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Petition to permanently rename the ADTRW as ":yikes:"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lets not

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Those are not cats :catstare:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Julias posted:

Those are not cats :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

These Friends are made out of paper!

• Locked thread