Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

The brave little girl statute really does own though imo. The corporate backstory is impotent compared to its obvious anti-capitalist imagery. It shows how deluded these wallstreet freaks really are if they think that statue will resonate primarily as a bourgeois feminist piece.

A child standing up in pitiful defiance of rampaging capitalism. She's an unmistakably anti-capitalist figure and I hope they keep her up forever. Better yet, I hope people idealize her and riot when they take away. And then they put her back and all of the Wallstreet goblins resent her presence.

Source your quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

Hey hey hey! She's just married to a segregationist.

I don't understand her mindset here in this clip.

I'm trying to wrap my head around it because everything she literally just mentioned can be done by men.

it'd be like if someone made video describing how women couldn't drive a race car, be an engineer or do alegebra. That'd be sexist as gently caress, and rightfully so., She's acting like the female Archie Bunker or some poo poo. But unlike Archie? She rarely leans a lesson about the world, and just retreats back to her multi-million dollar apartment.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't understand her mindset here in this clip.

I'm trying to wrap my head around it because everything she literally just mentioned can be done by men.

it'd be like if someone made video describing how women couldn't drive a race car, be an engineer or do alegebra. That'd be sexist as gently caress, and rightfully so., She's acting like the female Archie Bunker or some poo poo. But unlike Archie? She rarely leans a lesson about the world, and just retreats back to her multi-million dollar apartment.

Are you serious

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:sad:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

:hai:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Good day for a metaphor

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

:darksouls:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

im a gamer

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

super sweet best pal posted:

Source your quotes.

What's this supposed to be about

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Trap sprung?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love videogames also beyonce and McDonalds cheeseburgers

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
i love them more and spend more money on them, so im a better person

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

an actual dog posted:

I love videogames also beyonce and McDonalds cheeseburgers

PM me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/840578239458365441

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

quote:

The recipe is heavy on the seeds—Lentine lists a few suggestions, but really you can use any combination of them that you have on hand. "I am not necessarily the type of person who would go to a protest," Lentine says, "but I am absolutely the type of person that believes that our actions matter. Anything we do in our day-to-day lives, living through example and planting little seeds is really important. Those little seeds added together create something that's really powerful and that's lasting and vital for us to continue no matter what the political or athletic climate may be."

Someone should probably tell her that when you plant lots of little seeds in your stomach it all turns to poo poo.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Also, I'm the lady who thinks going to a protest and making a batch of bad tasting energy bars is basically the same thing.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I want a hoodie that looks like a generic college hoodie but says DEEP STATE

someone please make this product for me

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Fat Lowtax posted:

I want a hoodie that looks like a generic college hoodie but says DEEP STATE

someone please make this product for me

Got ya covered fam

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mrmcd posted:

Also, I'm the lady who thinks going to a protest and making a batch of bad tasting energy bars is basically the same thing.

Well, depending on the protest...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dreddout posted:

Got ya covered fam

Link to buy plz

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
https://twitter.com/MirrorRoyal/status/840700514488729602

tbh though I'd probably have preferred Elton to introduce me to the concepts of gays rather then the Bible and Will and Grace.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/ethiopienne/status/841014027266465794

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The liver is sexist.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

her's should be more imo

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Link to buy plz

Here you go good sir,
https://www.logosoftwear.com/builde...saved%20old%202
You can edit the colors and number of you wish!

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

The Kingfish posted:

The radleft should probably go ahead and try to turn that girl into a symbol.

We tried but could t get the Guy Fawkes mask to stay on long enough to snap a pic.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

The radleft should probably go ahead and try to turn that girl into a symbol.

its commissioning and installation were paid for some wall street exec, i think.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 15:07 on Mar 13, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

its commissioning and installation were paid for some wall street exec, i think.

Wall Street executives that were involved in the housing crisis lol

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

an actual dog posted:

Wall Street executives that were involved in the housing crisis lol

so the message is you mess with the bull, you get homeless

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
engage my brand, bby

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/markzohar/status/840664466270359554

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It was, but that doesn't matter because it isn't a self-evident piece of propaganda the way most these #woke things are. I think she could be co-opted for the Left.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

deray sure loves his brands

https://twitter.com/Tzereter/status/840763175201062912/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

It was, but that doesn't matter because it isn't a self-evident piece of propaganda the way most these #woke things are. I think she could be co-opted for the Left.

easily, sadly the left is prone to giving up symbols without a fight (see the patriots, the American flag, pepe memes)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I don't even think he's getting paid for those. This is just how he is.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There are 77 thousand accounts following Charmin on twitter and if even 10% of those are real people this is a phenomenon that should be studied.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He has to be getting paid because the alternative is that one of his friends actually raved about Taco Bell's "innovation in menu design" and that he thought that was worth tweeting about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The only brand I follow on twitter is Teen Vogue