Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Low Desert Punk posted:

thank loving god

Murray Ball got taken with that lot, not such a good trifecta after all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

thank you so much for this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Goober Peas posted:

https://youtu.be/YOp03rRM6Pw

Probably the most awkward, uncomfortable moment on Jeopardy ever

Alex Trebek used to be a much nicer dude, apparently. He seems like kind of a prick these days.

Then again if I'd been doing the same dull quiz show 5 nights a week (I know how they film it, shut up) for 30 years straight I'd probably be getting pretty snippy too

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
LPC ruined the man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzZUXHtTr6c

e: oh and maybe this poo poo
http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/27/trebek.burglary.injuries/

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
It's possible to ask a question with out using the words like "What" or "Why" :colbert: You just gotta end what you wrote with an upwards inflection.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Your gran died doing what she loved, diving face first into the corner of the china cabinet.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ladron posted:

ben stein made you wear a dunce cap if you did this on his show

Ben Stein should have a dunce cap surgically grafted to his head.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN6tcAmBeBg

:laugh:

For those of you who arn't familiar with this, obnoxious idiot Shia Lebeouf decided that setting up a webcam in NYC to livestream people repeating "he will not divide us" like zombies for Trump's entire presidency was a good idea. A whole lot of trolling and one arrest of Shia later, he moved it to the other side of the country. He then had to move it again after there was a drive-by shooting at the cam location (unrelated to the protest; he located it in a bad neighbourhood). After that he gave up on the public protest thing and just aimed it at an HWNDU flag in an "undisclosed location", which was found in about 48 hours with the results you see.

ugh its Troika has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Mar 13, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Ben Stein should have a dunce cap surgically grafted to his head.

Oh man, for those of us unfamiliar, what did he do now?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Please post more of these

I can't stop chuckling at granny doing a header into the China cabinet

Granny no the limited edition civil war plates !!!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Zipperelli. posted:

Despite railing against Donald Trump as "dangerously misinformed" and a "dirty-minded eighth grader" with "preposterous" ideas and declaring that he would never vote for him, guess what happened?

And since the election he's described Trump's inauguration speech as "super" and "poetry" Also:

Ben Stein posted:

Why are people so upset? What has Mr. Trump done that’s so awful? His choices for the Cabinet fall well within the range of the usual types — Wall Street, campaign helpers, ideological bedfellows. Despite what you may have read online, none of them has made horrible statements. None is a Klansman. None is a Nazi. They have different views from those of the ACLU, but that’s what you get in a free country.

-------

The media powerhouses and the morons on college campuses cannot accept that someone with views different from theirs will be president. They riot. They burn Old Glory. They stop speaking to me.

This is exactly the opposite of how a free country should be run. And besides, what can Trump do that will be so bad?

-------

Suppose he does cut down on immigration. Hard luck, indeed, for farmers and ranchers and consumers, but what’s the problem for college professors and students? Suppose he appoints conservative judges. Times have shown over and over again that abortion is not going to be much restricted, no matter who is in the Oval Office. I wish Roe v. Wade would be overturned, but it’s not going to be.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I'm sticking with the comment I made about this last year:

trickybiscuits posted:

The china hutch didn't fall on her, 1/10

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Despite railing against Donald Trump as "dangerously misinformed" and a "dirty-minded eighth grader" with "preposterous" ideas and declaring that he would never vote for him, guess what happened?

And since the election he's described Trump's inauguration speech as "super" and "poetry" Also:

Ben Stein posted:

poo poo

:stare: yeah, gently caress him.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Ben Stein posted:

The media powerhouses and the morons on college campuses cannot accept that someone with views different from theirs will be president. They riot. They burn Old Glory. They stop speaking to me.
People should be legally required to speak to Ben Stein.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Ben Stein has always sucked. Didn't he work for Nixon?

I don't know how one cameo, a lovely visine commercial and a bad quiz show redeemed.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Boywhiz88 posted:

I've never seen this before so I think it's brand new.

I love u Schadenfreude thread

https://twitter.com/thirtysecfights/status/840260269444083712

I loving died when he pulled that flip phone out and started filming in 240p

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

I don't know how one cameo, a lovely visine commercial and a bad quiz show redeemed.

He was Nixon's speechwriter.

Ben Stein also wrote some really unintentionally funny books back in the seventies.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ElGroucho posted:

Exactly, hence the question:

Zipperelli. posted:

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Alaois posted:

He was Nixon's speechwriter.

Ben Stein also wrote some really unintentionally funny books back in the seventies.

Dude still 100% loves Nixon. Here's him talking about watching the apology speech Nixon gave his staff after Watergate wrapped up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7KWzOgnf8&t=4482s

"I don't think any president has been more wrongly persecuted than Nixon. Ever. I just, I think he was a saint."

gently caress Ben Stein.

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 15:56 on Mar 13, 2017

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Scruff McGruff posted:

Dude still 100% loves Nixon. Here's him talking about watching the apology speech Nixon gave his staff after Watergate wrapped up

"I don't think any president has been more wrongly persecuted than Nixon. Ever. I just, I think he was a saint."

gently caress Ben Stein.

I can't watch the video at the moment but...did Ben Stein write Nixon's apology speech? And then praise him for it?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scruff McGruff posted:

gently caress Ben Stein.

Eh, weren't they friends? I can see defending or only seeing the best in your friends.

I can't watch the video at the moment but...did Ben Stein write Nixon's apology speech? And then praise him for it?

Ha! Now if this is true then I'm right into "gently caress Ben Stein."

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

No, from what I understand it was all Nixon. I don't think it wasn't even written down, it was basically just him speaking off the cuff for 20 minutes.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Ben Stein also played a pivotal role, portraying "mask nerd" in critically acclaimed 90s film "The Mask," dwarfing Jim Carrey's almost undeniably assertive presence with his powerful performance.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

im pooping! posted:

Ben Stein also played a pivotal role, portraying "mask nerd" in critically acclaimed 90s film "The Mask," dwarfing Jim Carrey's almost undeniably assertive presence with his powerful performance.

And then he was the only person that actually came the gently caress back for the sequel with Jamie Kennedy.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

For those of you who arn't familiar with this, obnoxious idiot Shia Lebeouf decided that setting up a webcam in NYC to livestream people repeating "he will not divide us" like zombies for Trump's entire presidency was a good idea. A whole lot of trolling and one arrest of Shia later, he moved it to the other side of the country. He then had to move it again after there was a drive-by shooting at the cam location (unrelated to the protest; he located it in a bad neighbourhood). After that he gave up on the public protest thing and just aimed it at an HWNDU flag in an "undisclosed location", which was found in about 48 hours with the results you see.

I don't care about Shia Labeouf but I think his project worked out beautifully if the intention was to find way worse people than him. Also it made a bunch of chan trolls and white supremacists spend tons of time plotting against him instead of less deserving targets. I really hope he keeps going with this project for the next four years.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

nerdz posted:

I don't care about Shia Labeouf but I think his project worked out beautifully if the intention was to find way worse people than him. Also it made a bunch of chan trolls and white supremacists spend tons of time plotting against him instead of less deserving targets. I really hope he keeps going with this project for the next four years.

If you have so little to do with your life that you use contrails and the position of shadows to find an anti-fascist flag in the middle of nowhere for the sole purpose of stealing it, you've already lost.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Pretty sure Nixon's speechwriter Ray Price played a part in writing it too. Hell, at one point about a year earlier, Nixon came to Price and asked him if he thought he should resign. He even went so far as to say "If you do, just put it in my next speech".

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

nerdz posted:

shia also beat up a trump supporter so lol

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

nerdz posted:

I don't really get the hate for Shia Labeouf, he does some interesting things, is in some interesting films, is in some bad films and seems slightly unhinged at times. None of these are bad things really.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

nerdz posted:

The whole thing is an AR game. Suddenly he's a genius. Now put the flag in the middle of a minefield.

Aramoro posted:

I don't really get the hate for Shia Labeouf, he does some interesting things, is in some interesting films, is in some bad films and seems slightly unhinged at times. None of these are bad things really.

Are confusing Shia with Mr. Cage?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Aramoro posted:

He's a murderous cannibal. I can see how some people wouldn't care for that.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Geocities Homepage King posted:

He's a murderous cannibal. I can see how some people wouldn't care for that.

glass houses, dude

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

WoodrowSkillson posted:

shia also beat up a trump supporter so lol

If by "beat up" you mean "scuffled with ineffectually until a cop dragged him off".

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

If by "beat up" you mean "scuffled with ineffectually until a cop dragged him off".

still a step in the right direction and i applaud his efforts

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

You tried to find the flag, didn't you?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Shia LeBeouf did a plagiarism, I heard

It was probably really uninteresting and also unethical to do

He was in Transformers but that wasn't his fault

He was in Crystal Skull, also not his fault

People dislike him

That's what I know about Shia

Oh and he's a millennial probably

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Aramoro posted:

Earlier in his career, he tried very, very hard to appear "hard," but just ended up looking like an obnoxious dick. I think he has since tried to shed that persona, except that he is still sort of obnoxious.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I respect Shia for fully committing to this arty-farty lifestyle. The dude even married someone named Mia Goth. That's dedication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aramoro posted:

His career started when he was a teenager (he was 14 when he got a starring role in a TV show). We all do dumb stuff when we are in our teens and early 20s, but child stars do it under a microscope. The also get a kinda warped view of reality, because most of their relationships are business relationships so they turn out a bit weird. He seems fine now that he's 30.