Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It's worked fine with all of my weird hdmi cables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Szmitten posted:

For anyone wondering, this isn't a hack, it's a fullscreen Facebook video played in the browser.

Then again there is some progress I guess?

https://twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/status/840406087568392192

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Jesus christ what year is it

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

IcePhoenix posted:

I remember reading something about the Switch not playing well with third party HDMI cables, is that a thing or was it just hearsay? I kind of want to put the dock on my end table for ease of access but the cable that came with the system is (obviously) way too short to do that

my switch is hooked up to a china man hdmi cable that is 35 feet long so i can SwItCh it without hobbling towards my giant tv, and it owns+rules

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
So what is there, exactly, to stop someone from purchasing games from other regions and winning on currency conversion? Isn't there some legal issues with that or..?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I have an insignia cable hooked up to my switch and have no issues

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Jimmy Hats posted:

So what is there, exactly, to stop someone from purchasing games from other regions and winning on currency conversion? Isn't there some legal issues with that or..?

Nothing

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You're also probably going to have to buy a pre-paid eShop card (given that it's extremely hit or miss whether or not your credit card will work in a foreign eShop) and the markup on those typically wipes out any kind of substantial savings you would have gotten.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mine has never used the HDMI cable that came with it and has been hooked up to 3 TVs now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Jimmy Hats posted:

Nothing, and currency manipulation like that tends to be a no-no for larger companies skirting trade compliance regulations. Don't think there's anything at the consumer level that makes it "illegal" or whatever.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Louisgod posted:

Nothing, and currency manipulation like that tends to be a no-no for larger companies skirting trade compliance regulations. Don't think there's anything at the consumer level that makes it "illegal" or whatever.

I was thinking more for taxes but I am also dumb

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I can confirm that Zelda is good. The console as a whole feels a little incomplete. E shop is very basic, can't wait for an actual online store. I prefer to play with a pro controller right now because the joy con as a controller is just not wide enough to me and I'm not used to having them separate. I do really like the joy cons in handheld mode.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 13, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

Not a drat thing.

Which is why Aussies are gonna win out big here when we start importing games from Amazon when they go on sale for deep discounts :toot:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Olivil posted:

How's the Hori Tough Pouch? I'm only looking for a case to throw in my backpack so it won't get scratched.

It's perfect for this purpose. The outer shell is harder (feels like thick rubber vs hard plastic) but it still compresses. The case seems to have a little bit too much gap between the switch itself and the case walls but I've thrown it in my bag with no issues. You can always throw in more padding inside if you wanted but I probably never will.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I grabbed this case as Wal-Mart and it's really good: https://www.amazon.com/Industries-N...nintendo+switch

Only negative is it doesn't fit the charger.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks for the HDMI info, everyone. Glad to see laziness wins again, in the end.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of. Do you guys know of any good hdmi hubs? My tv only has three hdmi ports and I have four devices.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Speaking of. Do you guys know of any good hdmi hubs? My tv only has three hdmi ports and I have four devices.

I have the 3 input and 5 input versions of this one. It has worked great for all my consoles and is auto-switching. I did have issues with the Switch when plugged into it and then it plugged into my soundbar and then into the TV. However, I am sure it was a CEC issue running through two intermediaries and if I plugged the hdmi switch into the TV directly it would have worked fine. But ya, I have my PS4 and XB1 on it now and at my old house used my XB1, WiiU and Retron 5 on it. In my basement, the 5-port one has my WiiU, PSTV, Retron5, Blu Ray player and 360 on it with no issues.

If you use a streaming device like a fire stick or appletv, or if your cable box never turns off like some of the new ones. Then maybe connect those to the tv directly and put other devices with hard shutoffs/standby modes on the hdmi switch. They will work either way, but it helps with less confusion on the auto-switching.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Bestbuys online orders that didn't get picked up go on sale this morning btw.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Gaspy Conana posted:

I was nearly regretting buying 1-2 Switch but now my wife has really taken to the Baby game (she plays in TV mode like any good hardcore Baby gamer would and puts the Joy-Con in a baby doll shirt) and has a high score of 47 Seconds, all As. She owns.

Edit: Post your Baby high scores, thanks.

I got B's in gentleness and rhythm, but a D in laying down.

Also, how do you play Baby without cradling the switch??

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Drunk Tomato posted:

I got B's in gentleness and rhythm, but a D in laying down.

Also, how do you play Baby without cradling the switch??

It'll let you play it in TV mode if docked, you use the right Joy-Con.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Linx posted:

Jesus christ what year is it

YTMND is timeless

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Gaspy Conana posted:

It'll let you play it in TV mode if docked, you use the right Joy-Con.

We put a joycon under one of my daughter's baby doll's shirts and let her hold the baby doll to comfort.... 2 year olds do not make good baby caregivers. Oh well, we have another 4.5 months to train her before her sibling arrives.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hace posted:

YTMND is timeless

I'm surprised it even exists anymore, I haven't heard about YTMND in over a decade.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
How much longer until these aren't rare as gently caress to obtain.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

Christmas

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Holyshoot posted:

Was out and about over the weekend and I popped into a nearby Smyths toy store because I'm a massive man-child, and they had a sign out front saying that they had them IN STOCK. Sure enough they had loads, and this was mid afternoon. Now I already have mine, but I'm thinking they might not be as scarce here in the UK.

EDIT: poo poo maybe I should have opened my wallet and started scalping goons

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Your insane if you think this will be in stock during Christmas. Nintendo is going to win the holidays once again, especially when they sell the inevitable Mario Kart bundle. The Switch just screams must have gift for the kids.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Cartoon Man posted:

Your insane if you think this will be in stock during Christmas. Nintendo is going to win the holidays once again, especially when they sell the inevitable Mario Kart bundle. The Switch just screams must have gift for the kids.

They arn't going to win the holidays by shipping 5 a week to each store.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'll take 6

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Don Lapre posted:

They arn't going to win the holidays by shipping 5 a week to each store.

Switch is cool but I don't think they are going to win the holidays, period. I could be wrong, though...

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Back when the Wii U came out and the initial shortage hit all the poorer/backwoods area walmarts near me had them. This was central Florida. Bartow/Sebring/Avon Park all had them while marginally larger cities like Lakeland and Winter Haven were out. I was super poor at the time or I would've grabbed one. I'd call/drive out to a few rural stores and check there.

I haven't seen any Switch units available here in Germany since launch day but I've seen people from Poland and the UK post that they've just been able to grab them. I imagine your distance from a large city also applies here.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Locally it seems like most stores are getting a handful each week with freight.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Plenty of Switchs to be had here in Aus :toot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Now the NES Mini, THAT'S impossible to find.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Takoluka posted:

Okay, got it. I misunderstood your original post.

How big are your hands?

Not big. The gamecube controller is my platonic ideal of a ergonomic grip (if not buttons).

Its not hand size though. My 7 year old daughter does great with a ds4. She cant use a joycon becuase its too small.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 13, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Now the NES Mini, THAT'S impossible to find.

I got one on bestbuy website last week. They sold out in like 5 min though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Winning the holidays against a system that's already sold 50 million is like winning a fight against someone who just lived through a bear mauling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I, for one, predict that at least a few more people will buy the new nintendo, the nintendo switch, and they will possibly buy all of the new nintendo (the nintendo switch).

I beat the new game+ in specter of torment the other day /flex. Was pretty neato how they handled it.

• Locked thread