Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
what if i told you screenshot APIs arn't the only way to read internal memory addresses :viggo:
https://scthief-161022.appspot.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:monocle:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Computer Serf posted:

what if i told you screenshot APIs arn't the only way to read internal memory addresses :viggo:

where by "internal memory addresses" you mean "files"?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Computer Serf posted:

quote:

Prerequisites

Only rooted Android devices are supported.

:rolleyes:

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Subjunctive posted:

thats called the long term memory zone look it up

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

no

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
i mean :filez:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ate all the Oreos posted:

well it's not impressive that it was hacked so much as it's embarrassing that apparently they're using an ancient version of webkit and that's how it was hacked

using webkit is the most shameful

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Shaggar posted:

i think the other thing is more shameful, actually

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/805962199223005184

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk anything about Nintendo consoles, but is the wiiu based on the same software? does it have the same webkit and vulnerabilities?

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

one of the early 3DS homebrew exploits also involved webkit and it looks like the same was true of the wii u

e: not sure if it was actually the same specific version of webkit but it's not like that matters

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah webkit is lovely regardless of version

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

what should they use instead, shaggar?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Edge

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lmao

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

nintendo should just roll their own browser engine with 20 times as many exploits as webkit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they'd have to upgrade their os as well, but that seems like it would be for the best

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

imagine if the switch ran windows 10. lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah it would make their platform way better both for developers and users

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

it's called the switch because it will make you "switch"... to linux :xd:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

yeah it would make their platform way better both for developers and users

it'd make piracy way easier for sure

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

akadajet posted:

imagine if the switch ran windows CE lol

ftfy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i wanna play zelda on my PC

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

it'd make piracy way easier for sure

I don't have any consoles, but is piracy on the xbone easy?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

actually, I don't know. wii u piracy seems easy. hmm :thinking_face:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

same. not gonna buy a console for it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

oh, the games don't run on windows 10

quote:

Xbox One runs two operating systems within a hypervisor; games run within one separate operating system, while apps and the user interface run within a stripped-down "core" variant of Windows 10

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

akadajet posted:

cemu is workin on it (though its kinda a lovely emulator conceptually)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

dolphin is one of the most impressive and ambitious emulator projects of our generation and also *faaaart*

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

A Yolo Wizard posted:

an emulator I have to pay for via patreon. no thanks.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

a lot of yosposters are fans of the NaCl crypto library, so i was reading up on it. the papers describing their thought processes in designing it are pretty cool, and i think the papers are readable by even novice programmers. but then i went and poked around the NaCl website and found the installation instructions...

quote:

NaCl works on a wide variety of UNIX-like systems, including Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc. Here is how to download and compile NaCl:
code:
     wget [url]https://hyperelliptic.org/nacl/nacl-20110221.tar.bz2[/url]
     bunzip2 < nacl-20110221.tar.bz2 | tar -xf -
     cd nacl-20110221
     ./do

:thumbsup:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

oh, the games don't run on windows 10

it may be that the games run on whatever version of windows they were deved for. the hypervisor is hyper-v so thats some windows variant and then the game os is probably some windows 8 or 10 variant. the app/ui one is win 10 based

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 13, 2017

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Shaggar posted:

there's pressed disc copies like for every disc based console, there's also somehardware mods available if you don't care about being able to go online. so basically like the 360 was for most of the time it was out. there'll probably be a software-only piracy solution soon enough.

also supposedly some pirated and burned 360 discs will be read by an unmodified system as valid for the backwards compatibility and thus will download the bc version from the store to play on the xbox one

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A Yolo Wizard posted:

yeah i don't do filez anymore but even if i did i don't know if i'd support a closed-source emulator. though apparently they've said they'll release the source if they stop working on it?

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

vOv posted:

though apparently they've said they'll release the source if they stop working on it?

"we're totally still working on it you guys"

[last commit: 4 years, 5 months ago]

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
huh i thought the dolphin guys decided to start seriously working on wii u support once the system got discontinued, whats this cemu thing

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

fishmech posted:

huh i thought the dolphin guys decided to start seriously working on wii u support once the system got discontinued, whats this cemu thing

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5xwjvn/are_there_any_plans_to_add_wii_u_functionality_to/?st=j08c07ys&sh=0396dd3d

Shonumi posted:

We've been getting this question on the Dolphin Forums for almost 4 years. The answer hasn't changed. The answer is no, there are no plans. In the distant future? No one can say. In the near term? No.

Heelios747 posted:

I should start keeping a list of people asking this question too, keep it next to my list of "switch emu when"

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Lutha Mahtin posted:

a lot of yosposters are fans of the NaCl crypto library, so i was reading up on it. the papers describing their thought processes in designing it are pretty cool, and i think the papers are readable by even novice programmers. but then i went and poked around the NaCl website and found the installation instructions...

:thumbsup:

NaCl is the academic implementation, you want libsodium which has wrappers for multiple languages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

pr0zac posted:

NaCl is the academic implementation, you want libsodium which has wrappers for multiple languages

• Locked thread