Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Serf posted:

Wow, I'd love to see some more people talk about the performance, because I'm not sure I believe it. Mass Effect 3 and Inquisition both ran like poo poo at first for me.
The modern version of Frostbyte is a much more refined engine than the older versions- BF3/4 ran like unwashed garbage too, while Battlefront and BF:1 run pretty great.
We'll be able to get live impressions of performance soon as I said, but everything from PAX/reviewer leaks points to it being pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

frajaq posted:

Don't even need a week, in 4 days some people are gonna do some beta testing for us :v:

You're welcome :)

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
who would be geralt's girlfriend: PB, cora, vetra, Liam, Kiera Metz, TIM or tali?

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
my original character geralt was a triss girl tbh

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Civilized Fishbot posted:

You think the thread will IMPROVE when the game launches?

I think it might be more about the game and less about TW3, that'd be a big improvement.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 13, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

who would be geralt's girlfriend: PB, cora, vetra, Liam, Kiera Metz, TIM or tali?

All of them at one point or another, but Yennifer is his one true waifu :colbert:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

She was until she genie'd that one outta the story.

Triss 4 life

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

BrianWilly posted:

shUT the gently caress UP ABUoT WITCHEr3

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
ME: Andromeda - Dragon Age and Witcher 3 Megathread

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

the good fax machine posted:

ME: Andromeda - Dragon Age and Witcher 3 Megathread

it's been worse

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Not anymore

Here's footage of Jaal

https://youtu.be/TqwnP42cKZg

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So serious talk- My computer's graphics card can meet all of the minimum requirements with spades, with one exception. I only have 1 GB of Video RAM, compared to the 2 GB required.

Everything else I exceed. If I have the graphics quality and resolution turned down, would the game run pretty well on my machine? I've been playing Dragon Ball Xenvoerse 2 on here with the same set up and problem.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Is that on a 5770 card? I don't think it's going to run well at all. Maybe at 1024 res low detail without AA / AF.

TW3 would be superbad but you should get away with DA:O

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 13, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SgtSteel91 posted:

Not anymore

Here's footage of Jaal

that look like trash and duck face is alive and well

Also my friend Geralt is a Cora or Ashley kind of guy. But he would all of them.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

SgtSteel91 posted:

Not anymore

Here's footage of Jaal

ME: Andromeda - NO BIGOTS ALLOWED (cats mandatory)

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

DoctorGonzo posted:

that look like trash and duck face is alive and well

Also my friend Geralt is a Cora or Ashley kind of guy. But he would all of them.

I was totally serious, I'll stop posting here if you do. You can make this thread better for everyone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Is that on a 5770 card? I don't think it's going to run well at all. Maybe at 1024 res low detail without AA / AF.

TW3 would be superbad but you should get away with DA:O

My card is a GeForce GT 720 for reference

My computer is built kind of compact inside, so it's got to have a smaller card.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Burkion posted:

So serious talk- My computer's graphics card can meet all of the minimum requirements with spades, with one exception. I only have 1 GB of Video RAM, compared to the 2 GB required.

Everything else I exceed. If I have the graphics quality and resolution turned down, would the game run pretty well on my machine? I've been playing Dragon Ball Xenvoerse 2 on here with the same set up and problem.

Lmao upgrade that poo poo. It will not run good at all, no amount of turning the resolution down will make it run at a playable speed, if you have half the vram needed for the minimum spec.

Like, what video card meets the requirements with spades but only has 1gb of vram? I don't recall even budget cards sold within the last 4 to 5 years with only 1gb of memory.

E: a GeForce GT720 isn't even a card iirc it is built into the motherboard. Yeah dude that won't run well at all.

If I am wrong and it is a half height card, there are plenty of half height cards out there that are newer, but really what you are describing is exactly why I moved to buying a mid-tower of case 12 years ago and just upgrading the parts inside.

E2: there's not a lot of selection for half height video cards. This one is like a hundred bucks and is probably infinitely more powerful than what you're using now, it does come with a low-profile bracket that is half-width.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137079&cm_re=half_height_dual_monitor_video_card-_-14-137-079-_-Product

orange juche fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 13, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

SgtSteel91 posted:

Not anymore

Here's footage of Jaal

Fatneck Catman is the worst, and his whole species is a trash design. This is both some unappealing and uninspired poo poo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I was totally serious, I'll stop posting here if you do. You can make this thread better for everyone.

PROBATION 02/13/12 12:25pm LITERALLY MY FETISH Yea it didn't bear repeating at all actually. Especially since I said to stop the idiotic derail. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Kewpuh Debbie Metallica

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SgtSteel91 posted:

Not anymore

Here's footage of Jaal

I like the idea of a character who is super invasive on personal space either in affectionate or antagonistic ways. Hope they take advantage of that. I also like that he has a seemingly huge extended family and hope that plays into his story a lot.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Not anymore

Here's footage of Jaal

Good lord that looks terrible. It's like you gave a weeble-wobble a mouth, and it must scream.

Seriously, besides the "idle animation" parkinsons that the background people have there's almost no movement to characters.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Are there really only gonna be 6 squad members? Vora, Liam, Jaal, Vetra, Drak, and Peebee? Man I wish we'd get a Drell again.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
There was a hidden 7th squadmate, whether it's still in the game or if it was that one Salarian that got axed hasn't come out yet.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

DoctorGonzo posted:

PROBATION 02/13/12 12:25pm LITERALLY MY FETISH Yea it didn't bear repeating at all actually. Especially since I said to stop the idiotic derail. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Kewpuh Debbie Metallica

My god, my single probation from 5 years ago, how owned am I by this sleuth?

It's on the table, buddy, whenever you want.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kurieg posted:

There was a hidden 7th squadmate, whether it's still in the game or if it was that one Salarian that got axed hasn't come out yet.

The 7th wasn't the Salarian for what its worth. No guarantee they're still in though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

My god, my single probation from 5 years ago, how owned am I by this sleuth?

It's on the table, buddy, whenever you want.

good lord, shut the gently caress up already.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

My computer is built kind of compact inside, so it's got to have a smaller card.

This is adorable :v:

But yeah with just 1 GB of VRAM you'll suffer, even turning everything to minimum might not help (and it's certainly not gonna be pretty).

The GPU or part picking megathreads in SH/SC have plenty of people who could tell you about good half-height cards if you want to replace it, though.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
sounds like someone's gonna be a benchwarmer, jaal sounds boring

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I personally love the way the Angara look and can't wait to have Jaal in my party.

Okay I love the way the males look, the females look like they stretched Jaal over a goddamn Barbie doll. But at least they bothered giving us females of this species.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Burkion posted:

Post in the ITX thread in hardware, they'll give a ton of advice. I don't think your current card will handle it well at all though.

The char design in this game looks like it's gone downhill a ton since ME2. Guy looks like a deformed scrotum.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 13, 2017

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4vVN87hnYA

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah that all didn't look near as bad as I feared. Seemed fine.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Do they have to pay some guy who's doing art of their copyrighted game if they use that in their stuff?

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Milky Moor posted:

something like this: nothing is explained and it is all in the novels and other sources. but basically, the forerunners come back. they are led by a figured called The Didact who has a thing called The Composer which he will use on humans to turn them into robots. he does not like humans because humans had a prehistoric space empire that fought the flood and the forerunners and were all-round super hardcore badasses, humanity ooh-rah. meanwhile, chief finds another forerunner called The Librarian who tells him that everything he has ever done and everything humanity did to make him and the SPARTANS was deliberately planted by her when the didact broke humanity back to stone age primitives and she even encoded an immunity to The Composer in his DNA for this exact problem.

there's also a The Mantle and a The Cryptum and a bunch of other dumb stuff.

but the chief/cortana part of the plot was a great coda. it's just surrounded by so much dumb bullshit.

edit: oh, and the UNSC had been burned back to earth by the covenant but they're the top dogs during halo 4 and totally unchallenged and they've built this mammoth super ship and a whole host of even-better spartans and

Haha, I played Halo 4 to the end and loved it, and I remember literally none of this except for the Cortana part (and the bad guy being called the Didact I guess).

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
shut up about the facial animations. you guys didn't want good facial animations because not alot of people bought la noire which had great facial animations so blame yourself.

thanks person on youtube, I just thought the animators were robots who had never seen a human before

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah that all didn't look near as bad as I feared. Seemed fine.

Still looks like smoother and up-rezed animations of the original trilogy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

2:38 - Tiny Ryder spotted :neckbeard:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Are those actual renders the deviant "artist" did? Or just edited screenshots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fatneck Catman and Cora better like each other because they're gonna be spending a lot of time on the ship never being talked to.