Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

The Archaic posted:

These sob stories sound like problems with their greedy lovely insurance companies and not ACA

Edit: LMAO you people still don't have single payer healthcare.

Yeah once you give large companies years to rake in huge profits they get very good at influencing laws related to their own industry. It makes fixing Healthcare rough, because our politicians are largely not altruistic and the lobbyists offer a lot of money

ACA was a decent compromise but without going fully single payer it was bound to have issues, and it didn't help that many red states preferred to gently caress over their poor people rather than get on board with the voluntary parts of the ACA in the hopes that this would 'prove' what a disaster it was

Who could have guessed Healthcare could be so complicated?! Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I had to turn off the video, it was disgusting and manipulative. "Because of Obama's policies I couldn't afford Christmas dinner and was forced to eat my own eyeball"

Also that one lady: "My husband and I only make $75,000 a year why is life so hard" :negative:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

obamacare is imploding. its imploding. imploding. im-ploding :sad:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The Archaic posted:

I had to turn off the video, it was disgusting and manipulative. "Because of Obama's policies I couldn't afford Christmas dinner and was forced to eat my own eyeball"

Also that one lady: "My husband and I only make $75,000 a year why is life so hard" :negative:

Assuming they're mature adults with careers and dual income $35,000 a year isn't exactly rolling in it.

Edit: $37,500. Yes, math really is hard.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 13, 2017

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
What a scummy meeting.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Outrail posted:

Assuming they're mature adults with careers and dual income $35,000 a year isn't exactly rolling in it.

Math is hard. But yeah, that's not a lot.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Donal Trump to other people: Be nice, you will do much better!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Be nice (to me), you will do much better!

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

my new dog posted:

Donal Trump to other people: Be nice, you will do much better!

I didn't realize until just now why he tweeted this. It's in response to the Press' evisceration of Conway and her "cameras in the microwaves' remarks. She back tracked heavily and said "I don't know, I'm not Inspector Gadget".

http://www.avclub.com/article/kellyanne-conway-inspires-nationwide-fear-microwav-251963

That's the daily LOL I was looking for.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

President Donald Trump on Monday warned that Republicans “are putting themselves in a very bad position” by repealing and replacing Obamacare, even as he endorsed the GOP plan to do just that.

Trump blasted Obamacare on Monday morning, telling so-called “victims” of former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act that “a lot of people in the Senate and a lot of people in the House are committed to repealing and replacing this disastrous law with a health care plan that lowers cost, expands choice and ensures access for everyone.”

lmfao

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-republicans-bad-position-obamacare-235994

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Microwaves can turn into cameras

just a fact of modern life

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol the prez's brains are basically leaking out his ears

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

"I don't have a microwave oven, but I do have a spy camera, that occasionally cooks things" - Mitch Headberg

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I do want to thank donald trump for introducing me to kellyanne conway, sean spicer, and stephen miller

great laughs in between donald tweets, a++ material

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

the onion posted:

Kellyanne Conway, who Samantha Bee recently called a “flaxen-haired fountain of lies,”

that's a lol

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
is that EO happening today or what

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Archaic posted:

I didn't realize until just now why he tweeted this. It's in response to the Press' evisceration of Conway and her "cameras in the microwaves' remarks. She back tracked heavily and said "I don't know, I'm not Inspector Gadget".

http://www.avclub.com/article/kellyanne-conway-inspires-nationwide-fear-microwav-251963

That's the daily LOL I was looking for.

quote:

Here comes the Funcooker

Lol

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Careful Drums posted:

is that EO happening today or what

Eh, it's just going to be a boring masturbatory order, not insane lunacy. The kind of thing where Trump just gets to go, "Look, I did something!" when he really didn't do anything at all except waste some time and money.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lol kellyanne thinks obama is watching Trump get head from Ivanka through a microwave lmao what loving planet is this again

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?!!!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

he means that it'd be better for the party to let obamacare stay in place and fail so everyone can see how bad it would have been if they hadn't replaced it :)

edit: he's tacitly endorsing letting people die in the name of the health of the republican party

boar guy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 13, 2017

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

hell, stopped clocks and all that

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Efexeye posted:

he means that it'd be better for the party to let obamacare stay in place and fail so everyone can see how bad it would have been if they hadn't replaced it :)

edit: he's tacitly endorsing letting people die in the name of the health of the republican party

But it was the centerpiece of his campaign lol. Didn't he say he'd repeal it on the first day?!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's not real *that breitbart headline

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

But it was the centerpiece of his campaign lol. Didn't he say he'd repeal it on the first day?!

CNBC posted:

President-elect Trump on Wednesday said a "repeal-and-replace" plan for Obamacare would be submitted as soon as the Senate approves his nominee, Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., for secretary of the U.S. Health and Human Services Department.

"It will be essentially simultaneously," Trump said. "The same day or the same week ... could be the same hour."

Price's confirmation hearing in the Senate is scheduled for Jan. 18.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/11/donald-trump-addresses-obamacare-repeal-and-replacement-at-press-conference-in-new-york.html

trump is a loving retard lol

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

easy d posted:

And ’17 will be the worst year. And I said it once; I’ll say it again: because Obama’s gone.

nice self-own donnie

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

he's not a smart man

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Careful Drums posted:

nice self-own donnie

Yeah it's unbelievably lol, it's a lol²

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Burt Sexual posted:

Genuinely, I'm lost. What's going on with Obamacare? Is someone saying do it and someone else saying don't do it? Is someone replacing it with something similar? Like I have zero idea anymore wtf is going on in your country with regards to healthcare, I just know that whatever it is, its lol.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

!Klams posted:

Genuinely, I'm lost. What's going on with Obamacare? Is someone saying do it and someone else saying don't do it? Is someone replacing it with something similar? Like I have zero idea anymore wtf is going on in your country with regards to healthcare, I just know that whatever it is, its lol.

trump wants to replace Obamacare, AKA the ACA with...whatever they proposed last week
but now the republicans in his own party don't like this new bill either
so we're no closer to a solution than we were before and trump confused the issue even further with a dumbass off the cuff comment about 'heh we should allow it to fail just to PROVE how right we were amirite'

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

!Klams posted:

He's doing a fake left, go right I think. He said he'd repeal it Day one, then realizing people won't like his plan, changed to say it should stay and fail. For reasons

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Efexeye posted:

trump wants to replace Obamacare, AKA the ACA with...whatever they proposed last week
but now the republicans in his own party don't like this new bill either
so we're no closer to a solution than we were before and trump confused the issue even further with a dumbass off the cuff comment about 'heh we should allow it to fail just to PROVE how right we were amirite'

Who knew it would be this complicated!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
trump's attention will shift to something else after there is still no viable replacement in a few days weeks or months maybe even the same hour

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like how in that statement trump talks about the Republicans as if he's not a member of the party lol

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

!Klams posted:

He's switching sides like he always does. When the bill fails to pass he'll be all "I told them it was a bad bill and needed more work. SAD!"

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

haljordan posted:

I like how in that statement trump talks about the Republicans as if he's not a member of the party lol

he's been really good at ensuring the blame falls on the party not him lol

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

haljordan posted:

he definitely is not

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the endgame here is not changing the ACA and somehow Trump will take credit for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

!Klams posted:

Well the republicans are trying to jam a really, really lovely replacement through that is going to lower coverage and increase costs, as a budget item (can pass with a simple majority, won't be filibustered). I don't really get why, but apparently, creating a new health care bill that chages policy, which they need to do in order to get anything good in there like cross border competition, would be subject to filibuster by democrats (while tacking-on to budget won't be). So It seems like its not even possible to get a better replacement for Obamacare OR anything the prez promised.

lol?

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 13, 2017