Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

On phone talk - I use straight talk wireless. 10GB/month before throttling, unlimited talk and text for $64 after taxes. I was on the 5GB/month plan which was like $53 after taxes, but would go over by 1-2 GB every month. At least two years ago when I was looking for a new service they had the cheapest price per data out there, plus you can use either the T-Mobile or AT&T network, depending on which sim you activate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

prob, I just scoot around town tbh

Is that your dog/bike?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are you doing the "Simply Prepaid" plan? Because mine's 40 bucks as well, but shows 3GB. Don't think I've ever been able to use it up.

Yeah, same thing. Did they bump it to 3gb? Neat, I never noticed. Most of my phone internet use is at work on the wifi, so I hardly ever go above 1gb in actual roaming data use.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I'm going to change my verizon plan to the $100/mo flat rate because overcharges are horrible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I hope that's multi-line.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I'm averaging two people a year I know that die on a bike so please at least have good life insurance or something.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Zeris posted:

Is that your dog/bike?

ya

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I'm averaging two people a year I know that die on a bike so please at least have good life insurance or something.

And put me down as a beneficiary.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Supermotos are the best. I sold my street-legal sumo for a YZ450, though, so I could turn it into a track bike and race on go kart tracks against other nerds.

Also bought this a few years ago for the touring stuff. You can see my old supermoto(on dirt wheels) on the left.

And wear a loving full face helmet, yo. Riding around Honolulu without a helmet was fun for a bit, but I like having brains and a jaw.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Man I want a sumo so bad. It would be so tempting to dong it up on one though.

I really need to get a set of crash bars that protect the heads on the Guzzi; with that perpendicular-mount V-twin I'm always afraid of loving the heads up if it gets knocked over. And I'll probably get a set of saddlebags so I can be more practical. I've been looking at those Pack Animal bags because I'm a massive hipster and they'd fit with the look of the bike.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Sprint has never wronged me. It's not perfect, but every network has blind spots. And they always have some deal going.
I've had coverage issues in the past but they seem much better now. There are still more rural places I can go and not get a signal though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I get dead spots on I-70 through Kansas and Missouri, but in the cities, not a problem. Considering I spend most of my time in the city, I have no problems.

I've had sprint for nearly a decade. It's improved substantially over that time, but it's always been better than AT&T. It's not perfect service, but none of them are anyhow.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Yeah, I get dead spots on I-70 through Kansas and Missouri, but in the cities, not a problem. Considering I spend most of my time in the city, I have no problems.

Isn't the middle of Kansas and Missouri pretty much one giant dead spot for a reason?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

CommieGIR posted:

Isn't the middle of Kansas and Missouri pretty much one giant dead spot for a reason?

Yeah, it's because all of the meth labs blew up and took out the cell towers Just Cause style.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

OK, I would've written more thoughtfully if I had known that - sorry. I think putting a dog (or child) on a bike is a difficult decision because of the risks and the fact the passenger has no say in accepting those risks. I don't want to make it an argument but I am curious to hear from the other side.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You get a dog who likes being on the back of a bike good luck trying to get him off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

A Bad Poster posted:

Yeah, it's because all of the meth labs blew up and took out the cell towers Just Cause style.

Nah, I mean, I remember driving i-70 through Kansas and Missouri and it was barren nothingness.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's a risk definitely, no doubt there.

It's not too often at all. I also go a max speed of maybe 30 or so and it's puttin' around town. That said I knowingly accept the risks. Am I a bad dog owner? Arguably

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

not caring here posted:

You get a dog who likes being on the back of a bike good luck trying to get him off.

This is a good argument though.

Also I feel like a PETA shitlord so I don't know.

Edit for using text abbreviations like a chump

Zeris fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 13, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've always wanted to get a chest harness and some doggles for dakota so he can go ride with me.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've always wanted to get a chest harness and some doggles for dakota so he can go ride with me.

Better for inclement weather

http://i.imgur.com/tUd0kA8.mp4

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
\
We are not amused.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My cat is racist. She heard some house cleaners at the house across from mine and ran away to hide.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

current blizzardwatch status:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Watch as the storm ends up just farting out a dusting of flakes, since the NE likes to do that sometimes after predictions of doom.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

I want to get a bike with a sidecar so Frank and I can roll around old state highways together.

He's no fan of doggles though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Watch as the storm ends up just farting out a dusting of flakes, since the NE likes to do that sometimes after predictions of doom.

ive seen enough wildlife running around freaking out today

seriously, i went to my moms house to walk her pup earlier and 4 deer were chilling in her yard eating the poo poo out of her crocuses that bloomed when he had a week in the 60's in february

the cats are staying put inside the house, instead of constantly meowing to be let out

roscoe is doing his normal roscoe duty of sleeping in my bed and protecting it from the above cats

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Post roscoe

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

current blizzardwatch status:

We got like an inch or two overnight and still didn't stop my commute from being hellish.

WTF Michigan.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk they're saying 18-24" with 60-70mph wind gusts

i hope i dont lose power but i got a fireplace along with plenty of bread and milk so here we go

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ive seen enough wildlife running around freaking out today

seriously, i went to my moms house to walk her pup earlier and 4 deer were chilling in her yard eating the poo poo out of her crocuses that bloomed when he had a week in the 60's in february

Man, I kinda know what you mean. We're in early spring here already and I have seen literally a dozen deer and elk and a poo poo ton of coyotes since Sunday before last. Considering I'll only see maybe 3 or 4 deer a year out here for the last 7 years. No weird weather poo poo is predicted, so our old rancher types are all prepping for Earthquakes, frog rains and Guatemalans

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

Man, I kinda know what you mean. We're in early spring here already and I have seen literally a dozen deer and elk and a poo poo ton of coyotes since Sunday before last. Considering I'll only see maybe 3 or 4 deer a year out here for the last 7 years. No weird weather poo poo is predicted, so our old rancher types are all prepping for Earthquakes, frog rains and Guatemalans

yeah since i moved back to my hometown i've gotten that way again

also the screw in my foot aches like hell whenever a storm is coming

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk they're saying 18-24" with 60-70mph wind gusts

i hope i dont lose power but i got a fireplace along with plenty of bread and milk so here we go

I'm watching Zeris' cat while he's gone, so I'm going to curl up under a big blanket with said cat, some hot cocoa, and a video of a fireplace on my tablet.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah since i moved back to my hometown i've gotten that way again

Right? Once you kinda get in tune with a place you get weird about it. My money is we're gonna either have a big rear end brush fire again or monsoon season will hit harder than expected and the idiots who built their poo poo on the mountain side are gonna figure out why that's a dumb idea

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i cleaned up the yard quick and im prolly gonna do another grocery store run since we'll be snowed in for a couple days at least

also made sure to schedule the plow because fuuuuuuuuuuuuck shoveling

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

reading all my dad's Far Side collections from the age of 6-ish really hosed me up

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

High of 72 and completely sunny here today :yeah:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'm watching Zeris' cat while he's gone, so I'm going to curl up under a big blanket with said cat, some hot cocoa, and a video of a fireplace on my tablet.

Post said cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

at the date posted:

reading all my dad's Far Side collections from the age of 6-ish really hosed me up

also doonesbury

• Locked thread