Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
It's clearly a naked moleratogre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Have rogres always been so..
hairless?
Later versions (IoB) do suffer from hair loss, but not to this extent. I suppose the lack of fur makes the RO more slippery?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Have rogres always been so..
hairless?

This is the new style-fashion among nu-rats. Fur is so retro-passe, go with the times man-thing.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Pierzak posted:

This is the new style-fashion among nu-rats. Fur is so retro-passe, go with the times man-thing.

Ratscaping.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Griff's helmet would work with Solar Auxilia. Thought considering how tinni babby head the orks are, the scale probably wouldn't match.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Forgeworld has taken PETA's request to heart.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Forgeworld has taken PETA's request to heart.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Puppets War has a nice Rogre too:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TKIY posted:

Puppets War has a nice Rogre too:

That's a good RO. Too bad it's wearing the human team armor.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think I preferred it when they were playing a sport that just happened to feature some people who took weapons onto the field, rather than a sport where everyone was carrying a punch-dagger and wearing inch thick half-plate.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

berzerkmonkey posted:

It's Skaven, they probably stole it off of someone.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Do we need to take a week to mourn after the release of Age of the Emperor before posting about current 40k here, or just go ahead at midnight on launch day?

In real content, I am thinking about buying a Blood Bowl team from Comixininos. Any experience with them? Prices seem pretty reasonable.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's just going to be called 8th edition, 40K is too recognizeable a name to waste.

Also, what is there to mourn? They can hardly release a shittier ruleset.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

goatface posted:

I think I preferred it when they were playing a sport that just happened to feature some people who took weapons onto the field, rather than a sport where everyone was carrying a punch-dagger and wearing inch thick half-plate.

The punch daggers have been around forever though.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

They can hardly release a shittier ruleset.
I see you still have some trust in GW left. But no worry, they're working on it.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Griff looks sweet, so I bought him. I can't wait to paint up my stable of star players.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Atlas Hugged posted:

The punch daggers have been around forever though.

Yeah, nothing says 90's GW like punching daggers.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

berzerkmonkey posted:

BB Rat Ogre and Griff Oberwald are in the FW store:

Now that I see it painted, I think I like the RO even less than before.

Griff sans helmet.

Griff with helmet. I think I prefer this version.

Yeah that just doesn't read as a rat ogre to me. Its just a normal skaven. That doesn't work.

I like Griff and may need to get one. Pretty cool shoulderpads.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Just glue on some spikes and you're good.

Everybody should have some spare spike bitz, right?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Do we need to take a week to mourn after the release of Age of the Emperor before posting about current 40k here, or just go ahead at midnight on launch day?

In real content, I am thinking about buying a Blood Bowl team from Comixininos. Any experience with them? Prices seem pretty reasonable.

I've ordered from them a few times. I get the impression it's not a full-time operation - there will be some delay between your order, and when it's actually dispatched. Delivery is pretty quick once it's out though.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
Work has been horrible so I've slacked getting the OP updated, but that's now coming soon.

And in happier news, my wife gave me my anniversary gift early and it's Space Hulk. Need another warm day so I can prime my space mans.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Any UK goons planning a trip to warhammer world any time soon that could pick up a Grak & Crumbleberry and post to the States? Send a PM if so! Thanks!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

As a matter of fact there's a bunch of us heading down this weekend! I don't know if there's a purchase limit on the pair though, I'm already planning on picking them up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805017

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Zark the Damned posted:

As a matter of fact there's a bunch of us heading down this weekend! I don't know if there's a purchase limit on the pair though, I'm already planning on picking them up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805017

@thegodofchuck If there is a purchase limit I'll buy em for you.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

ineptmule posted:

@thegodofchuck If there is a purchase limit I'll buy em for you.

Sweet! I'll shoot you a PM

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
GW announced some sort of new boxed game line, Underworlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20NpoQtr9n8

No information on it yet, but supposedly it's launching with a full organised play system in place and is supposedly designed to be more competitive. Hints at some spoilers of new models over the next few days.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

No information on it yet, but supposedly it's launching with a full organised play system in place and is supposedly designed to be more competitive. Hints at some spoilers of new models over the next few days.

I wonder if that's the new Mordheim, since they also just gave more details on the new Necromunda:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/war-returns-to-armageddon/

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

SteelMentor posted:

From the Mortal Realms. I was really hoping they might keep any Mordheim reboot in the Old World. I knew they wouldn't but I was hoping.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

dishwasherlove posted:

From the Mortal Realms. I was really hoping they might keep any Mordheim reboot in the Old World. I knew they wouldn't but I was hoping.

Well, if Shadows over Hamerhall(?) is of any indication, they're trying to bring some WHFB vibe back up in this bitch

Looks at his new Sigmarine book

Just not with the Stormcast.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Looks to be the new Necromunda, ships with 12 factions.

In the box, orks and Marine scouts.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

mllaneza posted:

Looks to be the new Necromunda, ships with 12 factions.

In the box, orks and Marine scouts.

12 factions? As in, all of them?

Not excited about the scouts (especially sniper scouts), but people are super hype about the terrain

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I watched the part of the video where the GW guy talked about the box, and it's basically killteam - they're using Necromunda rules to create a GW version of Infinity-as-killteam, with 40k forces.
If I put any money into getting this at all, I'll just grab the rules (or wait for a rules review) and see what's what. My guess is that this isn't worth it and isn't a real Necromunda re-release, given that it's not going to have the gangs in it (it's set on Armageddon, during the war, involving Blood Angels and Orks, so it's pretty easy to do the math).

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Scouts vs Orks seems pretty heavily weighted towards the Scouts.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I already have Deadzone and this isn't Necromunda.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

mcjomar posted:

I watched the part of the video where the GW guy talked about the box, and it's basically killteam - they're using Necromunda rules to create a GW version of Infinity-as-killteam, with 40k forces.
If I put any money into getting this at all, I'll just grab the rules (or wait for a rules review) and see what's what. My guess is that this isn't worth it and isn't a real Necromunda re-release, given that it's not going to have the gangs in it (it's set on Armageddon, during the war, involving Blood Angels and Orks, so it's pretty easy to do the math).

It has rules for Cultists and Neophyte Genestealer Hybrids. I give it two weeks between release and the Necromunda gangs having rules based on those.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thundercloud posted:

It has rules for Cultists and Neophyte Genestealer Hybrids. I give it two weeks between release and the Necromunda gangs having rules based on those.

Here's hoping.
The FB comment thread has them saying this game will have campaign rules, so this looks like a semi-reasonable killteam replacement (albeit one that isn't Heralds of Ruin so YMMV).

The terrain looks nice, at least. And is apparently customisable?

But honestly I can get cheap click together terrain elsewhere, so that's not exactly a dealmaker for me.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

mcjomar posted:

Here's hoping.
The FB comment thread has them saying this game will have campaign rules, so this looks like a semi-reasonable killteam replacement (albeit one that isn't Heralds of Ruin so YMMV).

The terrain looks nice, at least. And is apparently customisable?

But honestly I can get cheap click together terrain elsewhere, so that's not exactly a dealmaker for me.

If it's £35 to £40 then it's still an absolute steal. When I move I'll start painting up terrain. The terrain isn't a huge deal for me, but I think combined with an Imperial Sector it would look really nice.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Better have Van Saar otherwise I ain't getting it.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thundercloud posted:

If it's £35 to £40 then it's still an absolute steal. When I move I'll start painting up terrain. The terrain isn't a huge deal for me, but I think combined with an Imperial Sector it would look really nice.

I think the price point, based on the addition of bigger scenery than was in Lost Patrol means it's more likely to be towards the £50 end of the pricing spectrum.
Lost Patrol had half the number of scouts and a similar number (give or take) of 'stealers to boyz, as well as only having cardboard hexes.
With double the number of scouts, plus some actual (and apparently very customisable) plastic terrain, I'm sure that this will be a bit more costly on the wallet.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the £50-£60 range.
But yes, you're right, £40 as a price on something like this would be fantastic, as it would mirror the old pricing for starter sets we had back when things like the Battle for Macragge box set were being sold.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Depends on how much they really want to push the game, I could see it easily reaching £60.

Hopefully they'll put out the rules and markers separately as I've no use for yet more scouts and boyz,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

mcjomar posted:

I think the price point, based on the addition of bigger scenery than was in Lost Patrol means it's more likely to be towards the £50 end of the pricing spectrum.
Lost Patrol had half the number of scouts and a similar number (give or take) of 'stealers to boyz, as well as only having cardboard hexes.
With double the number of scouts, plus some actual (and apparently very customisable) plastic terrain, I'm sure that this will be a bit more costly on the wallet.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the £50-£60 range.
But yes, you're right, £40 as a price on something like this would be fantastic, as it would mirror the old pricing for starter sets we had back when things like the Battle for Macragge box set were being sold.

Gangs of Commoragh though has £70+ of models.

2 sprues of scouts and a sprue of Ork boys isn't a huge lot of models.