Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Jimmy Hats posted:

Ugh i bought an amiibo. My shame is eternal

same. I bought two, so its two eternity's worth.

That said, I did get some fish and a sweet bow which dulled the pain a little. On the flip side, I had a treasure chest bounce off of a wall on its way down from Amiiboland, into a fast-flowing river and watched as it was swept away into the depths which was a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

he1ixx posted:

same. I bought two, so its two eternity's worth.

That said, I did get some fish and a sweet bow which dulled the pain a little. On the flip side, I had a treasure chest bounce off of a wall on its way down from Amiiboland, into a fast-flowing river and watched as it was swept away into the depths which was a bummer.

That was totally the unique item you get from the Amiibo. Sorry, but you lost it forever.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I know someone else said it earlier but god drat the Rito Village music is magical. Bonus points since I have always thought Pirates of Dragon Roost Island is the best Zelda song.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I saw a copy of Zelda Special Edition just sitting in the case at Walmart yesterday. Made mine feel less special.

Then I went home and played Zelda some more and it was awesome

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I know someone else said it earlier but god drat the Rito Village music is magical. Bonus points since I have always thought Pirates of Dragon Roost Island is the best Zelda song.

The night AND day themes are awesome. Day theme features I think a hammer dulcimer or something of the zither family, and night theme is more of like a Spanish guitar-type sound.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh, I guess play times are starting to show up on your profile today.

Uhhh welp I'm a goon I guess. I'm also only about halfway through the story of the game.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
best buy canada sent out multiple thousands of emails today telling people they were going to have switches in stock at 3 pm est and they had 18 that sold out in one and a half minutes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's 89 seconds longer than I thought it would take.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Kirios posted:

That was totally the unique item you get from the Amiibo. Sorry, but you lost it forever.

My life ceases to have meaning.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Reggie Fils-Aime posted:

We are aware of and have seen some of the reports. We're asking consumers a lot of questions. That's why we want to get consumers on our help line, so we can get as much information to understand the situation as possible. And so we are in a fact-finding mode, to really understand the situation and the scenarios. And with that information, we'll look and see what the next steps are.

I think this is the first they've acknowledged the problem.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

enojy posted:

Uhhh welp I'm a goon I guess. I'm also only about halfway through the story of the game.

Oh boy, I can't wait to get home and realize how little meaning my life has.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Mahoning posted:

Oh boy, I can't wait to get home and realize how little meaning my life has.

You'll be alright

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Diabetic posted:

I've attempted several times to get a Switch to no avail, I was able to get one at launch but due to a miscommunication with my bank/credit card, couldn't buy it.

In my attempt to check inventory locally, I've been getting pretty consistent responses that Nintendo won't ship anymore until the first of next month due to them working on the issue with the joy cons losing sync/not functioning properly.

I wanna play Zelda so bad but I can't even find the drat thing on the Wii U. :(

Tomie knows me posted:

This is the universe telling you to go full digital.
Seriously. It's not like the price will drop or whatever just get it!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ugh if I don't put down Zelda I'm not going to get anything done, it's overwhelming

Ocarina of Time made Zelda 3D and is a drat good game, but Breath of the Wild seems like a real evolution of Zelda in every regard. And it's the first Nintendo game in a long time that has had this much meat to it.

I hope they keep making big open world games like this

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Spellman posted:

I hope Xenoblade 2 exceeds both XBC and XBX because it's the next big open world game to look forward to from Nintendo. Monolith helped with BOTW so expect them to do something special with XB2 as well.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Lemming posted:

Mine wasn't that bad, but I still had problems with my left joycon. The antenna surgery seems to have fixed it tho

You might want to reach out to Nintendo directly

By antenna surgery, you mean like soldering a copper wire to the existing hardware to act as a better antenna? People do seem to say that works, but we lack the equipment and know-how for that. If you're referring to something less invasive, I'd be curious to hear more about it.

Reaching out to Nintendo seems like it may be the way to go, although I'm not sure what avenue to use for that, or what they're going to say other than "download the latest update and try not to put this box near any electronics despite the fact that it needs to be attached to a large electronic device via a 3-foot cord."

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

enojy posted:

Mine says "85 hours or more" too

I don't know about the accuracy of this number

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Spellman posted:

Ugh if I don't put down Zelda I'm not going to get anything done, it's overwhelming

Ocarina of Time made Zelda 3D and is a drat good game, but Breath of the Wild seems like a real evolution of Zelda in every regard. And it's the first Nintendo game in a long time that has had this much meat to it.

I think this new Mario game could be absolutely epic.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Sorry dude, but I've got bad news for you.

You're a goon.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

violent sex idiot posted:

best buy canada sent out multiple thousands of emails today telling people they were going to have switches in stock at 3 pm est and they had 18 that sold out in one and a half minutes

I got one of these!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kirios posted:

Sorry dude, but I've got bad news for you.

You're a goon.

Yeah but I feel like it's undercounting

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Reaching out to Nintendo seems like it may be the way to go, although I'm not sure what avenue to use for that, or what they're going to say other than "download the latest update and try not to put this box near any electronics despite the fact that it needs to be attached to a large electronic device via a 3-foot cord."

I'm no scientist, but since my OWN left joy-con had some issues, and, again, i am no scientist, i googled "nintendo contact number" and let me tell you, the results were staggering, it gave me a phone number. 5 minutes later, i was able to figure out how to use this phone number, called and spoke with a kindly fellow who after asking me some very fair and non invasive questions sent me, through, EMAIL, no less, a prepaid label to send my joy-con away and receive a new one in a weeks time. Stunning, I bet Trump had a hand in this magic.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

new mario going to be amazing. you need to keep finding shoes to equip that break down after stomping on a few goombas. also your gloves degrade and will no longer smash blocks without being replaced every handful of minutes.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

El Burbo posted:

well uh

:rip:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

By antenna surgery, you mean like soldering a copper wire to the existing hardware to act as a better antenna? People do seem to say that works, but we lack the equipment and know-how for that. If you're referring to something less invasive, I'd be curious to hear more about it.

Yeah that's the one I meant.

As far as reaching out to them - it seems at some level (see the Reggie quote) they didn't run into that problem before, so it's possible it could be a large scale manufacturing defect and getting into contact with them might help them figure out what's going on, even if they might not be able to do much for you personally

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm no scientist, but since my OWN left joy-con had some issues, and, again, i am no scientist, i googled "nintendo contact number" and let me tell you, the results were staggering, it gave me a phone number. 5 minutes later, i was able to figure out how to use this phone number, called and spoke with a kindly fellow who after asking me some very fair and non invasive questions sent me, through, EMAIL, no less, a prepaid label to send my joy-con away and receive a new one in a weeks time. Stunning, I bet Trump had a hand in this magic.

Was this the one that came with the system? I had heard that for those you had to send in the whole system.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Really they just need to make super mario 64 on steroids with even bigger levels, an enormous outside area with things to do, and like 30 different hats.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

parallelodad posted:

Was this the one that came with the system? I had heard that for those you had to send in the whole system.

the one that came with the system, i was worried and asked him this question and he laughed and said "no, just the joy-con, hope you got the pro controller!" to which i grinned and replied "oh, i do"

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i was having this discussion with an acquaintance of mine at work and he made the point that the switch came out pretty bare bones in terms of functions/capabilities that other consoles already have built-in (i.e. legit online services and poo poo like media playback) and he wondered how nintendo got away with it. he stated that if microsoft or sony tried something similar, they would have been owned hard. so i thought about it some more and thought about how the switch was so successful (it sold better than the Wii), considering the state that it was released in.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Spellman posted:

You don't realize until playing Breath of the Wild that every 3D Zelda since OoT is just a re-skin of OoT (which was itself copied almost completely plot-wise from LttP). I have had fun playing every Zelda game, and I have played almost all of them, but this thing is on another level than all the others.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

General Morden posted:

i was having this discussion with an acquaintance of mine at work and he made the point that the switch came out pretty bare bones in terms of functions/capabilities that other consoles already have built-in (i.e. legit online services and poo poo like media playback) and he wondered how nintendo got away with it. he stated that if microsoft or sony tried something similar, they would have been owned hard. so i thought about it some more and thought about how the switch was so successful (it sold better than the Wii), considering the state that it was released in.

We're all too busy playing Zelda to give a poo poo about these things for now.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if you want to watch netflix, take the switch out of the dock *click* and then you can have netflix on your tv while you also play the game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

General Morden posted:

The Switch is actually a massive failure. It just so happens that the single game that exists for it is apparently good enough to buy a whole console for.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

General Morden posted:

They released it with probably one of the greatest games ever made, which has been able to take a lot of heat off of them. If they didn't think this Zelda was going to be this good, they may have pushed the release date.

Also people seem to be having a lot of fun with snipperclips, rmx, blaster master, and that tetris game.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

At least 38% of your life since release has been spent playing this game

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

he1ixx posted:

On the flip side, I had a treasure chest bounce off of a wall on its way down from Amiiboland, into a fast-flowing river and watched as it was swept away into the depths which was a bummer.

This is actually awesome and makes me want a zelda amiibo so i can recreate this

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Not a Children posted:

At least 38% of your life since release has been spent playing this game

I wish I could say I've spent more time zeldaing than working.

But I bet I only have like 20 hours in two weeks.

I am a failure

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Spellman posted:

Yeah this is my second day with it. Sat down for coffee with it...lost 4 hours and now my loving coffee is cold.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

enojy posted:

yeah it seems to activate 10 days after you first start playing. had mine since release day and it only says 55 hours because my dumb life got super busy because it's dumb. loving nintendo. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like Kass from the new Zelda cause he has a button accordion like me

Also when MK8D comes out weekly goon tournament where the top scoring goon of that week gets to decide the Switch thread title for the week

• Locked thread