Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Glumslinger posted:

Someone tell me what Dynamic Scoring means?

It means pretending that cutting taxes will increase tax revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Although average premiums would increase prior to 2020 and decrease starting in 2020, CBO and JCT estimate that changes in premiums relative to those under current law would differ significantly for people of different ages because of a change in age-rating rules. Under the legislation, insurers would be allowed to generally charge five times more for older enrollees than younger ones rather than three times more as under current law, substantially reducing premiums for young adults and substantially raising premiums for older people.

lmao

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Joementum posted:

Anyone know if the CBO is allowed to use "dynamic scoring"? I remember that decision ping-ponging a few times in the last Obama term and I can't remember where it ended up. Obviously, the Trump administration is too dumb to actually have had it changed in their favor if it wasn't already.

dynamic scoring would help with the deficit implications but not the insurance coverage stuff i believe so it doesn't help trump and ryan with the worst looking part of their plan

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ten year estimate: 28 million people lose insurance

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/jimgeraghty/status/841367204767621121

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

god drat it!!! nobody predicted a "yo"!!!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo, 24 million. That's mind-bogglingly bad.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/841380945634709505

lmao

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Tainen posted:

Reduces insured by 24 million lol by 2026

lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

[extremely GOP legislator voice] actually its good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Ten year estimate: 28 million people lose insurance

In 2026, an estimated 52 million people would be uninsured, compared with
28 million who would lack insurance that year under current law.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

triple sulk posted:

Although average premiums would increase prior to 2020 and decrease starting in 2020, CBO and JCT estimate that changes in premiums relative to those under current law would differ significantly for people of different ages because of a change in age-rating rules. Under the legislation, insurers would be allowed to generally charge five times more for older enrollees than younger ones rather than three times more as under current law, substantially reducing premiums for young adults and substantially raising premiums for older people.

lmao

get hosed boomers

Serf
May 5, 2011

trump voters: well i won't lose my insurance. only "those" people will lose insurance

*loses insurance*

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

orange sky posted:

27yo European

I knew there was a latent muslim hate, but I had no idea people were so outspoken about it and you could actually ... you know... say all that poo poo on camera without going to jail?

People don't go to jail for being racist shitheads in the US. They're usually just shunned and shamed, or embraced and love-bombed by other jerks. It's very hard to tell exactly what will end up happening, really.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

The Glumslinger posted:

Someone tell me what Dynamic Scoring means?

static/dynamic refer to the assumptions of how the economy reacts to the change. in static scoring, you dont assume any reaction, in dynamic scoring you kind of guess at it

lets say you have a new bill to cut taxes by $1 billion. static scoring says that it has a $1 billion impact on the budget. republicans say "aha, but there are macroeconomic impacts!!!! more people will have more money which will change their spending habits, bringing in more revenue!!!" to include that requires dynamic scoring because you need to guess at a model, rather than just guessing at the impact

ed: :argh: joe

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

24 million, lol

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
lol Paul Ryan

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
failing CBO being very disrespectful to my great healthcare plan

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Vladimir Putin posted:

I personally chalk it up to him being an rear end in a top hat.

True, it's very hard to distiguish between 80's fad salesmen book techniques and just being a loving rear end in a top hat.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Solarin posted:

get hosed boomers

That I can agree with.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

all the newly uninsured will just double the population of canada by moving there

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

orange sky posted:

27yo European

I knew there was a latent muslim hate, but I had no idea people were so outspoken about it and you could actually ... you know... say all that poo poo on camera without going to jail?

yeah as soon as you leave the city limits of any given metro it gets real bad real fast

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
"The largest savings would come from reductions in outlays for Medicaid and from the elimination of the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA’s) subsidies for nongroup health insurance."

lol @ $337 billion in costs shifting from government to taxpayer

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/841381929878458370

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the CBO and the 24 million people set to lose coverage are fake news

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
that's 24 million of other's peoples babies tho so it works out

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

So it's just a straight up assault on the poor. Any upsides to this at all?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/AmeliaFrappolli/status/841380930946256897

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

:lol:

"But think of all the choice you'll have when selecting coverage after being priced out of your current plan!"

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Serf posted:

trump voters: well i won't lose my insurance. only "those" people will lose insurance

*loses insurance*
lol as if they won't be long dead of opioid overdose by 2026

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
owned

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

fox news has someone almost in tears about the estimate

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

pathetic little tramp posted:

Isn't that almost the exact same number of people who got insurance under ACA?

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

:bisonyes: I'm the GOP base being stripped of healthcare. :bisonyes:

I didn't realize that the Republicans are the single best ally to people who hate the dumb asses that vote for the GOP every year :lol:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
8.7% of Americans still being uninsured under Obamacare in 2026 ain't a great endorsement of current law.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

triple sulk posted:

lmao

olds dying so what

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this is another obama shadow govmint attack

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Grondoth posted:

Maybe their spores weren't too good so growing tall gave them a reproductive advantage?

maybe, although it'd have to be quite an advantage to offset the cost of having to transport all the nutrients from the soil to grow 24-foot fruiting body, and modern spores are light enough to get everywhere from a few inches above the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

can't wait to see trump's tweets when he finds out about this from fox & friends tomorrow morning

• Locked thread